My Crush Knows I Like Him – Now What?

By on March 1, 2015

So you finally told your crush you like him or uhm your friends or enemies did, now what are you going to do? It depends on whether you think he likes you, or not. The ultimate goal, of course, is to convince him that he does. Whilst sometimes that’s impossible, it’s often just a matter of getting him to notice you in the right way.

547d6dd3a9bdb6d3c72177bf491e09f1

Relax and Smile

If at first you feel a little nervous (which is expected!) then try to relax. What he will notice about you is the things any guy will notice about you – your smile, how confident you seem and just in general how much you are enjoying your life. Be happy to be you and he will be happy to be around you. Even if he doesn’t come to fancy you, he can still come to enjoy your company.

If you find yourself getting nervous try thinking about it at home – how will you deal with his presence? Imagine him being there and you going about your day as normal. It may sound silly but sometimes we need a little practice in dealing with our crush.

Don’t Be Clingy

OK, so you might not run up to him and attach yourself to him. Especially if you don’t already know him very well. The point I’m making is that whilst it’s OK stealing glances at him ever so often, he might start getting uncomfortable if you are staring at him all the time when he’s around. Keep it cool. Don’t completely ignore him (that’s equally silly – you want him to notice you after all, how else will he fall for the fabulous you?), but also make sure he doesn’t get uncomfortable around you because you are giving him puppy eyes.

Remember men want to chase, not be chased. It’s sexy showing a little bit of interest and being flirtatious, being comfortable with flirting, but you also have to show you have a life. Show you aren’t intimidated by him knowing how you feel – you’re someone who shows interest to find out if there is interest. But you are too busy living your amazing life to care too much. If he’s interested, that’s great, but if he isn’t, you have more important things to do than waiting around. By showing you are happy, you don’t need his approval and that your life doesn’t stop in its tracks whenever he’s around, he will soon start trying to win you over if he has an interest.

29b80ba758cf5c0d1035b1faff5db9f2

If He Shows Interest, Take It Easy

When a guy you like shows interest in you, chances are you will get as excited as excited can be. Of course you will! Don’t throw yourself at him if he does though. Play it cool. After all, you are vetting him. Is he working hard enough to win you over? Having interest in someone means you have a certain level of attraction. It doesn’t mean you know if you would actually like to be dating them. He could prove to be a terrible friend, or have no clue of how to make you happy. Take your time to find out if he’s worth it.

Definitively don’t put the rest of your life on hold for him. Don’t answer every text you get immediately. Don’t reschedule you life to go on a date. Clearly show him you have a life you are happy with and if he gets to be part of it then he’s privileged.

Avoid Your Friends Giggling When He’s Around

If all your friends start giggling, pointing at him, or simply staring at him whenever he’s around, chances are he will be freaked out. Whilst some guys like that kind of attention, most don’t. Also, it puts him in a position where he knows how special he is to you. He shouldn’t be special until you find out how well he is going to treat you. Make your friends understand how important it is you that they behave nicely when he’s around.

Talk To Him

For anything to actually happen, you have to eventually talk to him. Take it easy. Start with passing comments and work your way to the point where you have a proper conversation. Show that you are cool around him. If he seems interested be flirtatious, but don’t overdo it. As mentioned earlier – let him work for it.

ff90fc7e1da017a0f103d7e525b463bb

Image Source: Pinterest

1507760_10152392614860079_8379465670289960282_n copy 2By Maria Montgomery – Maria is a freelance writer, director and social entrepreneur. She’s also the spokesperson for The Little Angels Community Center and an avid blogger. You can find her somewhere between Cape Town, London and L.A., where you will most likely find her in the hills, looking out over the city she loves. @OhMyMontgomery

Anonymous

November 13, 2019 at 7:33 pm

My crush is a friend that I have known for almost three years. We always used to hang out but with other people too. I began to suspect that I liked him about 4 or 5 months ago. I never told anybody except one of my friends, who told her friend and then told the boy that I liked. He would tell them something and then they will tell me. He asked why I liked him but I didn’t respond bc I didn’t know-how. My friends asked him who he liked when were in class, he gave them hints and they had to figure it out. It was between me and two other girls. We eliminated one bc she has a bf and they don’t really talk like that. Then it was just two of us left. They asked if he liked the other girl and he was like “No, heck no”, but when they asked if he likes me, he hesitated and then said no. So they just decided that it was me who he liked. He started to treat me different, our friendship was weird. He would tell people not to mess with me. Today when we were doing classwork he came behind me and my friend and we were just joking around. Then he told me to type faster and I was like just for that I’m gonna type slower but I was wasting too much time. He moved my hands and told me to let him do it and I was like okay. I moved one hand onto the table but put the other one in my lap. He started typing but then moved one of his hands and placed it on top of mine and he kept it there until the teacher told him to move from behind me. I like being around him but the worst part is that he leaves early at the end of the day but before he left he squeezed my leg and then walked away, leaving me to my thoughts. I can’t be myself around him anymore, it’s awkward and I don’t want to do anything to embarrass myself in front of him.

February 9, 2020 at 10:38 pm

Your feelings are entirely natural when you like someone. From the sound of it, he probably likes you back as well. If you want to turn this crush into a relationship, it is time to make a move and go for it! Good luck!

Natalia

November 1, 2019 at 4:41 pm

I don’t know what to do. My crush wants to know who I like. He insisted but I told him, someone. Then he told a friend to ask me who I liked. She was bothering me. She said she wanted to know because its important. I told her “fine”. I said my crushes name. Then I left for class. When I went to class I saw him and he looked at me it was awkward, but he said hi. I said hi. During class, I was sad because I told the girl that my crush sent who I like. I told her and she told him because during class he came up to me saying that she told him something about me. I almost cry there. I never had gotten this shy and sad. Then he left. After me and my gay friends finished work I just sat in my desk sad. He came up to me and said if I was ok. I said I’m fine. He said, “I’ll just sit next to you.” I blushed. I was lonely because my gay friends left me alone in the group. I was blushing the entire time he was there. Then he kept asking what was wrong. I said nothing. He tried to look at me but I just looked away. Then when he left i just sat there but looking at some soup cans. Then I didn’t realize some boys next to me were talking about me. They knew I was sad. Then this boy made me laugh he knew I was looking at the soup cans and he said he could be my soup. I just laughed, but then I got sad. The thing was that he was changing behind me. It was awkward. So I decided to ignore that. Class ended and I saw my crush getting out of class. I swear I saw him WALK OUT OF CLASS, but then HE CAME BACK AND HE WAS WAITING FOR ME!!!. I was surprised. He walked with me saying if something was wrong. I said nothing. Then he asked me something and I just nodded. He told me I was doing just fine until his friend asked me a question. We got outside and I just searched for my friend. He was still looking at me. I found my friend and she gave me my hoodie. She saw that I was sad. She asked me what was wrong I said nothing. She just hugged me. I was about to cry but told her I had to go. I walked away and that’s when I heard my crush saying my name. He was saying bye to where my friend was. It was too late because I already left where I was with my friend. I noticed that, that he was watching me and he was just behind me but not that close. I don’t know what will happen next. I’m scared and im writing this almost crying.

February 28, 2020 at 5:18 pm

It sounds like he may like you, at least as a friend. Most of the people who want to know who your crush is are probably asking because they like you or one of their friends like you. Because of this, it seems more likely than not that either your crush or one of his closest friends is interested in you. Don’t be scared! The only way to be with your crush is to talk to him and for him to know that you like him, so this is a good step! Good luck!

graci

October 29, 2019 at 1:47 pm

SO my crush knows I like him because I told him I did. When I did he said I was super brave for doing that and no one had ever directly told him. But when we got back to school the next day and he said nothing. He does not text me anymore and gets weird whenever his friends say something about me to him. His friends are trying to get us together

March 3, 2020 at 6:07 pm

You shared yourself with him, and he shared his feelings with you as well. You are aware that his friends support your relationship. Take this time to make a decision about what you want for your future. Nourish your connection by spending additional time together in person.

Scared

October 25, 2019 at 12:21 am

ok so I have liked this dude for a while and we have been talking as friends we used to have this friend with benefits thing but that ended and he got a girlfriend as soon as he got a girl he noticed that I started acting weird and I finally told him I like him but now I dont know what to do cause he accepted me but like he isn’t going to break up with his girl for me at least I think.

March 16, 2020 at 5:10 pm

It is important that you abstain from behaving in a manner with the intention of harming someone’s relationships. However, it seems that he is not committed to his current relationship and that he may choose to end it. Keep these behaviors in mind, however, as this may indicate what type of person that he is. Make a decision about what you want for the future, and take appropriate action.

;)

October 23, 2019 at 6:26 am

So my friends made it obvious that I have a crush on this guy, who I met recently who is turning out to be a really good friend. All I am scared of is that if he finds out he’s going to feel that whatever I did the past days was only flirting but in reality I was actually being a friend. I don’t want to lose a friend because of my interest in him. If he likes me back it’s ok but if he doesn’t then I don’t want the equation (being friends) to change. What should I do or not do?

March 20, 2020 at 7:07 pm

It seems that your best option is to speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. This will help the two of you navigate your decisions at this time. If he informs you that he doesn’t want to nourish a romantic relationship with you, then you should still be a good friend to him.

October 22, 2019 at 4:06 pm

My crush’s twin overhead me say who my crush is. I think he knows now. What should I do?

March 20, 2020 at 7:22 pm

It seems that you should take this time to make a decision about what is appropriate for the future. It is certain that your crush is aware of your feelings, so you may want to reach out to him. You will draw positive people and energy into your life by sharing your kindness and compassion at all times.

Merr

October 12, 2019 at 3:19 am

My crush knows that I like him and he told me to wait sometime before he tells me if he likes me or not…. he told me that he wasn’t sure if his feeling… were like best fiends and we talk all the time… I feel like he’s leading me on from the past few days.. should I talk to him about it and ask if he likes me?

March 4, 2020 at 6:23 pm

You have shared your feelings with him, and he let you know that he was uncertain. Over time, it is possible that he has realized what he wants for the future of this relationship. You may want to speak with him about your thoughts and feelings again, and you can nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person.

Elliot

October 8, 2019 at 4:44 pm

Theres this guy that I really like, and he knows taht I like him at this point. My friends have been pushing me to talk to him, but I’m just too shy, and end up regretting it that I didnt later. I’m kinda stuck.

March 1, 2020 at 1:57 pm

You are aware that you are interested in him and that he is interested in you. Similarly, your friends are aware that this relationship may be viable. Take this time to determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time together in person.

Anonymous

October 8, 2019 at 1:52 pm

Hi so i have a crush on this guy and idk if he likes me back. Howevr, 1 of his friends once anonymously said that he heard that i had a crush on his friend but i hadnt told any1 or ever made it obvious at any point.. anyways.. whenevr i go past him his friends always smirk at me and him and in one of our classes, my crush sits by the entrance of the class but walk all the way round past me and then goes to his seat. I got my friend to ask hom if he liked me and he said no .. not to mention he is also a shy guy. SOmetimes he seems to blush around me but one of his friends told me that everyone says he likes me ‘for a joke’ soooo im really confused as to whether he likes me or not???

February 25, 2020 at 3:51 pm

It seems that his behaviors have revealed that he is uncertain about his feelings. His friends have informed you that he isn’t interested in maintaining a relationship. Of course, it is possible that his feelings will grow over time. Take this opportunity to determine what you want for your future, and speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Spend additional time together in person, as this will strengthen your relationship.

A

October 2, 2019 at 8:13 am

Today at school I told my best friend who my crush is and she told everyone. Then walking to my class he was behind me and I didn’t know that he knew that I like him. I don’t know him that much I only saw him last year….
    Help

December 30, 2019 at 10:10 am

You can’t un-tell everyone now, so just go with the flow. Who knows? It may turn out that it’s a good thing she told everyone if your crush actually likes you back! Good luck!

H

September 26, 2019 at 2:59 pm

There’s this guy I like. We told each other that we like one another. Now what? We hang out a lot, and hug, but I don’t know if he’s ready to hold hands… what should I do?

December 28, 2019 at 12:56 am

The two of you have shared your feelings with each other. It is appropriate for you to hold his hand. Inform him of your feelings, and give him a chance to share himself with you. From there, the two of you can determine which behaviors the two of you feel is acceptable.

Daniella

September 23, 2019 at 3:41 pm

My crush is in my neighborhood, and I’m pretty sure he likes me. We both are to nervous to make a move because that’s not really our personalities 😂😭 now I’m moving and when ever try to go over to his house, my parents and his parents are weird about it. How can I tell him and his parents?

December 24, 2019 at 10:41 am

You are aware that the two of you have mutual feelings for each other. It seems that you are taking action toward him, so you may want to speak with your parents and his parents about your feelings. Give them an opportunity to speak with each other, as your parents may be interested in supporting your relationship. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Daniella!

pam

September 22, 2019 at 12:05 pm

I just wrote my crush a note telling him how I feel.
    he had a crush on me and I just thought of him as a friend and then this summer we got together a couple times and even went out on a date and I fell for him. we didn’t see each other/ talk for a week because I was out of town and then the next time I saw him, he was with someone else and they ha s just started dating.
    it’s been over a month and he started ignoring me but now we’re talkigm again and writing letters was kind of our thing so I gave him a letter explaining to him how i feel and then a few days later he pulled me aside and wanted to talk, he said he really liked my letter, and said that he was happy I told him, and that he wouldn’t make it awkward if I wouldn’t, and then he said that he thought I liked him but didn’t want to admit it to himself because he didn’t want to get cocky, which is what happens when people assume people like them, and then we got interrupted by a mutual friend who needed me so I asked if we could finish talking some other time and he said yes, and that was it. we’ve seen each other at school every day and he always has this huge smile when he sees me, it’s weird but he has like this special smile for me and I haven’t seen it since he started dating this other girl. they’re still going strong, as far as I know, but he came up to me and looked like he wanted to talk but we got interrupted again so … that’s it. i’m so confused but happy because it’s a weight off my shoulders and it’s off my heart now so… yeah. I don’t know what my next step I or what he’s thinking and I don’t know what to do.

December 23, 2019 at 8:57 pm

It sounds like he may have feelings for you, but there is no way to know for sure. You can try talking to him about how you feel, or you can just wait and hope that he makes a move first. You could also just hang out with him more so that he has more opportunities to reveal what his feelings are. Good luck!

Lawson

September 13, 2019 at 2:10 pm

I have a crush on a boy who I text a lot when i am having anxiety and he always calms me down. But today at school two people told him that I like him and another friend said he was making fun behind my back. He’s not the kind of boy to do that, and when we talk he gives signs that he is into me. What should I do?
    Please Help!

September 13, 2019 at 6:54 pm

It is likely that this friend who said he was making fun of you is jealous of your relationship, and it is unlikely that this friend that supports you is making fun of you. It is certain possible that he is interested in maintaining a relationship with you. At the very least, he is interested in being a supportive friend. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Lawson!

Louise

December 13, 2019 at 6:42 pm

Help, I think I smothered my crush! We’d meet up once and awhile with mutual friends. Then we worked on a project together. We’d flirt and find ways too touch, like a hand on an arm, stand a little too close together. I’d send him a few messages and he’d reply. He still does reply. He still flirts a little but seems to be pulling away some. I think I got way too excited and blew up his phone a little too much. If I take a step back and give him some space while still keeping in touch, is it possible he’ll show interest in me again or always see me as too needy to be more then just friends with? Or should I just rip the band aid off and let I know I have a crush on him, even though he’s backed off a little he’s still texting and spending a bit of time with me

January 5, 2020 at 11:11 am

It is clear that the two of you are attracted to each other, but he may not be certain what your relationship holds. Speak directly with him about your thoughts and feelings.

Cyd

September 16, 2019 at 3:28 pm

Something similar is happening to one of my friends and I want to help her out

December 20, 2019 at 9:19 pm

Hopefully, Lawson will figure it out and let you know. Thanks for commenting, Cyd!

Itzel

October 24, 2019 at 5:40 pm

Flirt or be close to girl go get your man

March 16, 2020 at 5:30 pm

Thank you for sharing your supportive comment.

Bella

October 26, 2019 at 11:21 pm

Well, you don’t know for sure that he is talking behind your back. When boys find out someone likes them, it’s a bit of a shock (for anyone). Boys don’t know how to handle it. Don’t worry too much, and stay calm.

March 5, 2020 at 11:18 am

Thank you for sharing your supportive comment. Please share more of your positive energy with the world.

I

September 5, 2019 at 2:08 am

My crush is my family friend. 2 years ago, we were friends, so I asked him what do you think about my friend xxx. He ran away. Recently, I have a crush on him, so my friend did that confession for me and he said he doesn’t know who I am, but obviously he knows me. I feel like he likes me too, but He is toooo shy to express it. He smiles at me and looks at me when I am around. My crush’s friend’s friend has a crush on me, so he asked my friend my number. My friend gave it to him. When my crush discovered that the guy likes me has my number, he stops looking at me and paying attention on me. Yeah……When I am around, he just stops talking and tells his friends that I am around by eye contacting. My friends told me to give up cause there is no point of keep doing that?

September 5, 2019 at 10:31 pm

The two of you share a social relationship. His behaviors are indications that he may be interested in maintaining a romantic relationship with you. Your crush felt hurt by an action that was not your responsibility. It seems that you need to make a decision about what you want for your future. You will find great benefit in speaking with the people in your life about your thoughts and feelings. This will help clear up any misconceptions or concerns. Have a great day, I!

Q

September 5, 2019 at 1:38 am

My crush is a family friend, and my friend told him that I like him. Instead of saying no, he said he doesn’t know who I am. I feel like he likes me but he is shy to express it, for example he keeps looking at me when I am around. There is another dude who asked my number from my friend and he texted me. THIS DUDE IS MY CRUSH’S freind’s friend,. When my crush found out the dude who likes me have my number, he stops looking at me and pays attention on me, but when I am around he stops talking. My friends told me to give up on my crush because there is no point of keeping doing it.

Q

September 5, 2019 at 2:00 am

I feel like his friend knows that we both like each other in a long distance(like each other, but there is no talking)I he jealous when my friend gave my number to him?

September 5, 2019 at 9:11 pm

Your crush seems to be interested in you. It is possible that he is uncertain about your feelings toward him. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. If he does not want to nourish a relationship with you, then decide if you believe whether or not it would be appropriate to reach out to this other person who messaged you. Have a great day, Q!

September 5, 2019 at 9:11 pm

Mia

August 28, 2019 at 10:08 am

So I told a boy that I liked him and he was ok with it it as in he flirted with me back it was going on for around 2 months but as soon as we go back to school we are both very awkward and can’t talk to each other what do I do help

August 28, 2019 at 6:36 pm

The two of you shared your thoughts and feelings with each other. The two of you are interested in maintaining a relationship, but you feel awkward and shy. You will find great benefit in nourishing this relationship by spending additional time together in person. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Mia!

Clara

August 21, 2019 at 12:33 pm

So this guy that I’ve knows ever since 5th grade (imma freshman) is really cute and I told him I liked him about all year ago, and he said he didn’t like me the same way. But lately (it’s been an entire summer break and a week of school) he’s been looking at me more, and most of the time I look back. But he even does it when I don’t. (I can see him out of the corner of my eye) Does he feel the same way now? Or is it just wishful thinking?

August 21, 2019 at 3:50 pm

You shared your thoughts and feelings with him a year ago, and he shared himself with you at that time. His feelings may have grown for you over the past year. He may be interested in maintaining a relationship with you. Make a decision about what you feel is appropriate. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Clara!

shi

July 23, 2019 at 10:39 pm

Ok so this boy I had been crushing on for a while had told me that he liked me over snapchat but he dated one of my friends but she was chill with it. I told him that i liked him back…….. I’m not sure if he still fees the same way….. what do i do now

July 24, 2019 at 7:56 pm

He has informed you that he likes you. You told him that you like him as well. He was dating your friend, and your friend is okay with you nourishing a relationship with this person. Since this is the case, you should make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Shi!

shi

July 23, 2019 at 10:39 pm

July 24, 2019 at 7:55 pm

Calysta

December 2, 2019 at 5:17 pm

Ok so I have a friend who I guess is fake, but she promised not to tell my crush I liked them, she did, and I sit by him in math, what now

January 20, 2020 at 1:11 pm

Your crush is aware of your feelings for him. There is no reason to pretend that he is uncertain about what you want. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well.