My Crush Knows I Like Him – Now What?

By on March 1, 2015

So you finally told your crush you like him or uhm your friends or enemies did, now what are you going to do? It depends on whether you think he likes you, or not. The ultimate goal, of course, is to convince him that he does. Whilst sometimes that’s impossible, it’s often just a matter of getting him to notice you in the right way.

547d6dd3a9bdb6d3c72177bf491e09f1

Relax and Smile

If at first you feel a little nervous (which is expected!) then try to relax. What he will notice about you is the things any guy will notice about you – your smile, how confident you seem and just in general how much you are enjoying your life. Be happy to be you and he will be happy to be around you. Even if he doesn’t come to fancy you, he can still come to enjoy your company.

If you find yourself getting nervous try thinking about it at home – how will you deal with his presence? Imagine him being there and you going about your day as normal. It may sound silly but sometimes we need a little practice in dealing with our crush.

Don’t Be Clingy

OK, so you might not run up to him and attach yourself to him. Especially if you don’t already know him very well. The point I’m making is that whilst it’s OK stealing glances at him ever so often, he might start getting uncomfortable if you are staring at him all the time when he’s around. Keep it cool. Don’t completely ignore him (that’s equally silly – you want him to notice you after all, how else will he fall for the fabulous you?), but also make sure he doesn’t get uncomfortable around you because you are giving him puppy eyes.

Remember men want to chase, not be chased. It’s sexy showing a little bit of interest and being flirtatious, being comfortable with flirting, but you also have to show you have a life. Show you aren’t intimidated by him knowing how you feel – you’re someone who shows interest to find out if there is interest. But you are too busy living your amazing life to care too much. If he’s interested, that’s great, but if he isn’t, you have more important things to do than waiting around. By showing you are happy, you don’t need his approval and that your life doesn’t stop in its tracks whenever he’s around, he will soon start trying to win you over if he has an interest.

29b80ba758cf5c0d1035b1faff5db9f2

If He Shows Interest, Take It Easy

When a guy you like shows interest in you, chances are you will get as excited as excited can be. Of course you will! Don’t throw yourself at him if he does though. Play it cool. After all, you are vetting him. Is he working hard enough to win you over? Having interest in someone means you have a certain level of attraction. It doesn’t mean you know if you would actually like to be dating them. He could prove to be a terrible friend, or have no clue of how to make you happy. Take your time to find out if he’s worth it.

Definitively don’t put the rest of your life on hold for him. Don’t answer every text you get immediately. Don’t reschedule you life to go on a date. Clearly show him you have a life you are happy with and if he gets to be part of it then he’s privileged.

Avoid Your Friends Giggling When He’s Around

If all your friends start giggling, pointing at him, or simply staring at him whenever he’s around, chances are he will be freaked out. Whilst some guys like that kind of attention, most don’t. Also, it puts him in a position where he knows how special he is to you. He shouldn’t be special until you find out how well he is going to treat you. Make your friends understand how important it is you that they behave nicely when he’s around.

Talk To Him

For anything to actually happen, you have to eventually talk to him. Take it easy. Start with passing comments and work your way to the point where you have a proper conversation. Show that you are cool around him. If he seems interested be flirtatious, but don’t overdo it. As mentioned earlier – let him work for it.

ff90fc7e1da017a0f103d7e525b463bb

Image Source: Pinterest

1507760_10152392614860079_8379465670289960282_n copy 2By Maria Montgomery – Maria is a freelance writer, director and social entrepreneur. She’s also the spokesperson for The Little Angels Community Center and an avid blogger. You can find her somewhere between Cape Town, London and L.A., where you will most likely find her in the hills, looking out over the city she loves. @OhMyMontgomery

Cake25

March 4, 2020 at 4:04 pm

My crush tried to take my stuff, in a fun way! But I felt him looking at me and he looked down, is that a sign of something? And I keep dreaming that he is talking to me, does that have to do with anything? And can you give me some tips on trying to be friends or at least trying to talk to him?

March 4, 2020 at 6:42 pm

If your crush is interacting you in a cute manner, such as pretending to take things from you, it is certainly possible that he is interested in nourishing a relationship with you. Take this time to make a decision about what you want for the future, and nourish your relationship with your crush by spending additional time together in person.

alel

March 9, 2020 at 7:12 am

My crush have a best friend which is also my friend. Well since i did close with his friend and he did saw it with his two eyes. He saw me and his friend together chit chatting. His look were like straight to him, I think and he looked down then looked away.
        After an hours, he were just beside his friend and I was in front of his friend. Before I can cha with his friend, he told him to go buy him a drinks. And thats where I was left alone.

In the evening, its time for all of us to go home. I saw him walking down the stairs and looked at me. I just wave at him and yell “bye-bye”. I didn’t know that he actually goes toward me. Then he just ask something random like what my sister result in exam then I just answered it normally. After that we talk little bit then I wave him bye-bye and he also did it.
        What do you think? is their any possibility?

March 12, 2020 at 2:44 pm

It’s definitely possible that he likes you, but he hasn’t done enough to show his feelings for you either way. Try talking to him more or flirting a bit. Then, you can decide if you want to make another move based on how he responds to your flirtation. Good luck!

koala

March 2, 2020 at 10:22 pm

well. my crush did know that I like him. He know it from my friend and he didn’t believe it.
    I did told him once that I like him its because he ask who my crush is. He also didn’t believe it whenam the one whos telling him. (by chat)
    But then his friend keep the distance between me and them. Well I think they did that because they know that he will be jealous if one of his friend getting close to me. Just maybe he’s jealous?
    I did see some sign that he like me back. And after that day that he know that I like him but he probably didn’t believe it. There’s something wrong with their friend. Everytime when we have club activities there where he start to make sure that his friend didn’t get too close to me.
    And I think that they have plan and I dont know what their plan is.One of his friend is my seatmate. So I think that I should just keep it on? my usual self?

(sorry. my English kinda horrible)

March 3, 2020 at 3:05 pm

If he doesn’t believe you like him, then he may just be waiting to see how you respond because he is afraid you aren’t actually interested in you. The friends may be talking to you and hanging out around you because they heard you like him and want to find out if it is true, or maybe they know he likes you and want to find out how you feel. Either way, I’d keep being your usual self and see where things go. Good luck!

koala

March 4, 2020 at 1:32 am

Well my crush and I have a same pen. And I just notice it this year and maybe he also like that pen too?

Then today his friend the seatmate as usual talk to me then suddenly he say.

His Friend: You have the same pen as him right? What if your pen were exchanged with him. (its mean like my crush got my pen) and when other people want to borrow it he(crush) will say “This is my girl pen”. (like I think he meant by don’t touch? )

well thats only a conversation and it wasn’t a situation.
        You think, whats the meaning behind his close friend say?

gabby

February 24, 2020 at 6:01 pm

So Im too scared to tell my crush i like him right , so i told my friend to tell him that i like him cause she is friends with him , she told me that when she said that he smiled and and said awh , now i dont know what to do becasue i only get to see him in study group honestly , but i see him at lunch too…. I have study group tommorow … can you give me advice on what to do tommorow?

February 24, 2020 at 6:35 pm

Your friend did as you asked, and you are aware that your crush responded in a positive manner. Take this opportunity to share yourself with him. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. This will help the two of you determine what you feel is appropriate for the future.

Tiny

February 25, 2020 at 7:33 pm

Ok so, I have a question, the guy I like knows I like him and I accidentally sent him a paragraph about how ive liked him since the 7th grade but he’s already read it…. The thing is he has told one of my close friends that he’s not sure how he feels yet (this was maybe a month ago now), why would he screenshot the paragraph I sent him and not let me delete it?

Tiny

February 25, 2020 at 7:35 pm

And he is my best friend as well so I see him everyday

February 26, 2020 at 10:11 am

If he is your best friend, he may also just be afraid to ruin your relationship as friends. It can also be difficult to sort through your romantic or friendly feelings. I would hold off on assuming anything though–the rest of his behavior makes it sound like he isn’t interested in being more than friends.

February 26, 2020 at 10:06 am

Even if he doesn’t like you, the compliment has flattered him. He probably wants to have a screenshot of your paragraph so that he can remember what you told him. He may also still be trying to decide how he feels–although, after a month, I feel like he has had enough time and is probably just afraid to hurt your feelings.

wilson

March 6, 2020 at 12:19 pm

just relax actually dont listen to me im in 4th grade

March 12, 2020 at 9:23 pm

Relaxing is good advice for dealing with crushes (although it is very hard advice to take!) Thanks for commenting!

hope

February 24, 2020 at 2:10 pm

so my friend was talking to my crush to try and find out who he liked, and somehow he figured out that I like him, now we don’t talk and everything is awkward. what should I do??

February 24, 2020 at 6:47 pm

Your crush discovered that you are interested in him, and this may have changed the nature of your relationship. Because of this, you may want to address him regarding your feelings. Make a decision about what you feel is appropriate. Share yourself with him and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well.

Raptorsfan25

February 10, 2020 at 2:47 pm

Hi, my crush keeps on looking at me HELP!! And this is every day, I’m scared to go talk to him just if he doesn’t like me and starts spreading rumors!!

Raptorsfan25

February 2, 2020 at 8:09 pm

Someone told my crush that liked him, so now it is just awkward because his friends know me from elementary school. He stares at me at the passing period, he even talked to me, he leans on my desk, and also his friends sit next to me so I constantly am next to him. I don’t know what to do, I am not sure if he likes me.

February 3, 2020 at 8:12 pm

His behaviors are indications that he is interested in you. If he is not interested in a romantic relationship, it is clear that he wants to be friends with you. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship, and speak with him about your thoughts and feelings.

Raptorsfan25

February 5, 2020 at 3:54 pm

And also I have had dreams about this boy talking to me and being friends with me. Does that indicate something?

February 6, 2020 at 2:46 pm

It may just mean that you want to have someone to talk to and to care about, which is why your subconscious mind keeps giving you these dreams.

Raptorsfan25

February 6, 2020 at 3:39 pm

Also, I’ve liked this boy since last August and I feel him looking at him. I’m nervous to go talk to him. HELP!!!

February 6, 2020 at 6:15 pm

If he looks at you all the time, then it sounds entirely possible that he could be interested in you. Think of it this way: if you were to date each other, then you’d have to be able to talk to him. Talking to him now is the first step toward getting used to chatting with him so that you could potentially date. Plus, if he is as nervous about making a move as you are, you may never end up having a relationship if you don’t make a move. Go for it!

gabby

February 24, 2020 at 5:58 pm

February 24, 2020 at 6:35 pm

Roz

January 19, 2020 at 6:01 pm

I’ve been liking a boy for about 3 years, (i know that’s a lot) and valentines day is coming up. He already knows I like him and I never talk to him because I’m to scared… I wanted to give him a gift for valentines day but I’m worried about how he might react… Should I talk to him more before valentines day… To make it seem less awkward?

January 20, 2020 at 12:26 pm

If you are certain that he knows you like him, then you don’t have to do anything at all. He knows you like him, so he could make a move if he wants to. The fact that he hasn’t made a move may mean that he isn’t interested. If you do get him something for Valentine’s Day, just remember that you may not get the response you want.

Confused crush

February 19, 2020 at 4:02 pm

I need advice.. so I slow danced with my crush and his friends tease us, he looks at me and he also gets close to me like he wants to say something? Well I got nervous and I acted like he was special even tho he’s not, what should I do and does he like me??

February 25, 2020 at 5:41 pm

You should act like he is special, as he is someone that you want to maintain a relationship with. It is clear that the two of you are close, so take this time to determine what you want for your future. Nourish this relationship by taking every opportunity to spend additional time together in person.

Emily

January 9, 2020 at 1:20 pm

so my freinds told my crush i like hime he saide he knows but can you tell me what should i do next

January 9, 2020 at 6:58 pm

You don’t have to do anything now. Now that you know he is aware of your feelings, the ball is in your court. If he likes you, he’ll make the next move. If he doesn’t, you’ll figure it out because he won’t make a move. Good luck!

E

January 20, 2020 at 5:46 pm

Hi so my friend told my crush I liked him. Then he wanted my phone #. Now we’ve been texting pretty much every day since. I’m starting to get some signs that he might like me but I’m not to sure at all! We never talk at school, EVER!!! Every time he’s in the room I get to scared to talk to him. What do I do??

January 21, 2020 at 6:29 pm

If he’s texting you all the time, then it is definitely possible that he likes you. Most likely, he’ll end up making a move if you just keep texting him and flirting with him. If you flirt with him more, it will encourage him to just ask you out. You could also cut to the chase and ask him how he feels, especially since it sounds like he likes you. Good luck!

A

January 6, 2020 at 5:53 pm

I am not popular at all and my long time crush is. I am very shy but one way or another all my friends have figured out and somehow the best friend of my crush. I trust everyone that knows but I am still constantly worried that he may find out. What do I do?!?!

January 6, 2020 at 7:29 pm

If he finds out, then you won’t have to stress out about asking him out–if he knows you like him and he likes you back, he can just ask you. If he isn’t interested, then knowing you like him won’t make a difference anyway. Either way, his finding out isn’t a bad thing. Good luck!

petrichor.aurora

December 29, 2019 at 5:13 pm

So I confessed to a boy I like via email because it was the only thing of his I had, and didn’t get a response. I forgot about, putting it down as rejection or that he hadn’t read it yet. That was in the third last week of school, so late November. School’s ended and the second week in, I’ve been told by one of my friends to expect someone to text you. Then I get a text from an unknown number (but it just turns out that it’s a friend whose number I didn’t have) saying that the boy I like asked for my number, so friend number 1 gave it to number 2 who gave it to my crush. All this took place about four days ago, and I haven’t gotten anything yet. It’s all I can think about and I’m actually losing sleep over it. I keep wondering if they accidentally gave him the wrong number, or he changed his mind, etc. The worst part is it’s only the second week of our SIX week holidays. What do I do? How am i able to take my mind off it?

January 1, 2020 at 1:02 pm

Just try to stay busy! If he likes you, he may just be trying to work up his courage to text you. He may also be waiting until after New Year’s Day to message you so that you are more likely to have free time to meet up with him and hang out.

Samantha

December 29, 2019 at 3:35 pm

I have this one crush and hes in the popular group and I’m not. I really like him and everyone says we would make a cute couple but I’m to scared to ask him out

January 1, 2020 at 1:04 pm

Just do it! You’ll never know what can happen unless you try! At the very least, try talking to him so that he has an opportunity to ask you out if he is interested in you. Good luck!

Calysta

December 2, 2019 at 5:18 pm

Ok so I have a friend who I guess is fake, but she promised not to tell my crush I liked them, she did, and I sit by him in math, what now

January 20, 2020 at 1:10 pm

Your crush is aware of your feelings for him. There is no reason to pretend that he is uncertain about what you want. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well.

anonymous

November 30, 2019 at 1:21 pm

so i like this boy and i think he might like me back but i’m not sure bc on snapchat we talk for about 2 and half hours each day but he is now ignoring me since my bros told him that i had somewhat big feelings for him but now we are starting to talk again after ab 1 month of him ignoring me but like he keep msg me to see if was ok and like we would talk for ab 5mins a day so we talked but he was being normal around me but it was if he still cared ab me but we wouldn’t talk for so long but i have my homies(there boys) talking to him and asking him what he thinks ab me and stuff like that and apparently the first thing he said was “how is she, is she okay. guys she has feelings for but as do i for her but i don’t want her to know ahhhhh i hope she’s okay what do i do now I’ve completely ghoasted her now what act as if nothing has happend?!” any sorce of help would be amazing thanks

January 20, 2020 at 3:26 pm

Just talk to him and tell him how you feel! You’ll never know what could have been possible with him unless you make a move and make sure your feelings are known! Good luck!

ansuri

November 28, 2019 at 10:29 am

so i was listening to a song one day and something in me made me tell him that i like him (i have never done this before) and he always is there for me whenever i have anxiety or when im feeling depressed and hes my best friend. I told him via instagram dms. We have school this monday and i have to sit in front of him every day for second period! What do i do?!!!!

January 20, 2020 at 4:04 pm

That sounds like a great chance for him to respond if he’s interested! If he isn’t interested, what you do or say won’t make a difference anyway, so there’s no point in worrying too much about it.

Stitch

November 13, 2019 at 11:42 pm

My crush has an idea that he thinks that I like him when I actually do and I just get so nervous and I feel awkward around him on my own but I don’t even know if he feels the same way

February 9, 2020 at 10:26 pm

If you want to find out, just tell him how you feel and ask him how he feels. It is terrifying to do, but it is the best possible option. Think of it this way: in the best-case scenario, you’ll find out that he likes you and you can be together. In the worst-case scenario, you’ll find out that he doesn’t like you and you’ll be able to move on finally. Either way, the only way you can escape from this in-between land you are in is by making a move and finding out for sure. Good luck!

Anonymous

November 13, 2019 at 7:33 pm

My crush is a friend that I have known for almost three years. We always used to hang out but with other people too. I began to suspect that I liked him about 4 or 5 months ago. I never told anybody except one of my friends, who told her friend and then told the boy that I liked. He would tell them something and then they will tell me. He asked why I liked him but I didn’t respond bc I didn’t know-how. My friends asked him who he liked when were in class, he gave them hints and they had to figure it out. It was between me and two other girls. We eliminated one bc she has a bf and they don’t really talk like that. Then it was just two of us left. They asked if he liked the other girl and he was like “No, heck no”, but when they asked if he likes me, he hesitated and then said no. So they just decided that it was me who he liked. He started to treat me different, our friendship was weird. He would tell people not to mess with me. Today when we were doing classwork he came behind me and my friend and we were just joking around. Then he told me to type faster and I was like just for that I’m gonna type slower but I was wasting too much time. He moved my hands and told me to let him do it and I was like okay. I moved one hand onto the table but put the other one in my lap. He started typing but then moved one of his hands and placed it on top of mine and he kept it there until the teacher told him to move from behind me. I like being around him but the worst part is that he leaves early at the end of the day but before he left he squeezed my leg and then walked away, leaving me to my thoughts. I can’t be myself around him anymore, it’s awkward and I don’t want to do anything to embarrass myself in front of him.

February 9, 2020 at 10:38 pm

Your feelings are entirely natural when you like someone. From the sound of it, he probably likes you back as well. If you want to turn this crush into a relationship, it is time to make a move and go for it! Good luck!

Natalia

November 1, 2019 at 4:41 pm

I don’t know what to do. My crush wants to know who I like. He insisted but I told him, someone. Then he told a friend to ask me who I liked. She was bothering me. She said she wanted to know because its important. I told her “fine”. I said my crushes name. Then I left for class. When I went to class I saw him and he looked at me it was awkward, but he said hi. I said hi. During class, I was sad because I told the girl that my crush sent who I like. I told her and she told him because during class he came up to me saying that she told him something about me. I almost cry there. I never had gotten this shy and sad. Then he left. After me and my gay friends finished work I just sat in my desk sad. He came up to me and said if I was ok. I said I’m fine. He said, “I’ll just sit next to you.” I blushed. I was lonely because my gay friends left me alone in the group. I was blushing the entire time he was there. Then he kept asking what was wrong. I said nothing. He tried to look at me but I just looked away. Then when he left i just sat there but looking at some soup cans. Then I didn’t realize some boys next to me were talking about me. They knew I was sad. Then this boy made me laugh he knew I was looking at the soup cans and he said he could be my soup. I just laughed, but then I got sad. The thing was that he was changing behind me. It was awkward. So I decided to ignore that. Class ended and I saw my crush getting out of class. I swear I saw him WALK OUT OF CLASS, but then HE CAME BACK AND HE WAS WAITING FOR ME!!!. I was surprised. He walked with me saying if something was wrong. I said nothing. Then he asked me something and I just nodded. He told me I was doing just fine until his friend asked me a question. We got outside and I just searched for my friend. He was still looking at me. I found my friend and she gave me my hoodie. She saw that I was sad. She asked me what was wrong I said nothing. She just hugged me. I was about to cry but told her I had to go. I walked away and that’s when I heard my crush saying my name. He was saying bye to where my friend was. It was too late because I already left where I was with my friend. I noticed that, that he was watching me and he was just behind me but not that close. I don’t know what will happen next. I’m scared and im writing this almost crying.

February 28, 2020 at 5:18 pm

It sounds like he may like you, at least as a friend. Most of the people who want to know who your crush is are probably asking because they like you or one of their friends like you. Because of this, it seems more likely than not that either your crush or one of his closest friends is interested in you. Don’t be scared! The only way to be with your crush is to talk to him and for him to know that you like him, so this is a good step! Good luck!

graci

October 29, 2019 at 1:47 pm

SO my crush knows I like him because I told him I did. When I did he said I was super brave for doing that and no one had ever directly told him. But when we got back to school the next day and he said nothing. He does not text me anymore and gets weird whenever his friends say something about me to him. His friends are trying to get us together

March 3, 2020 at 6:07 pm

You shared yourself with him, and he shared his feelings with you as well. You are aware that his friends support your relationship. Take this time to make a decision about what you want for your future. Nourish your connection by spending additional time together in person.

Scared

October 25, 2019 at 12:21 am

ok so I have liked this dude for a while and we have been talking as friends we used to have this friend with benefits thing but that ended and he got a girlfriend as soon as he got a girl he noticed that I started acting weird and I finally told him I like him but now I dont know what to do cause he accepted me but like he isn’t going to break up with his girl for me at least I think.

March 16, 2020 at 5:10 pm

It is important that you abstain from behaving in a manner with the intention of harming someone’s relationships. However, it seems that he is not committed to his current relationship and that he may choose to end it. Keep these behaviors in mind, however, as this may indicate what type of person that he is. Make a decision about what you want for the future, and take appropriate action.

;)

October 23, 2019 at 6:26 am

So my friends made it obvious that I have a crush on this guy, who I met recently who is turning out to be a really good friend. All I am scared of is that if he finds out he’s going to feel that whatever I did the past days was only flirting but in reality I was actually being a friend. I don’t want to lose a friend because of my interest in him. If he likes me back it’s ok but if he doesn’t then I don’t want the equation (being friends) to change. What should I do or not do?

March 20, 2020 at 7:07 pm

It seems that your best option is to speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. This will help the two of you navigate your decisions at this time. If he informs you that he doesn’t want to nourish a romantic relationship with you, then you should still be a good friend to him.