Best Wedding Wishes And Messages For Cards 2019
How can you frame wedding congratulations on your wedding card messages? How do you start, what do you put in, and how do you close? Find out!
The next thing to do after getting a marriage invite is to send in wedding congratulations to the couple! Being a guest is not all about the excitement, you have to the put in some work with the wedding wishes. These wishes must convey your message right and wash over the couple with love.
Do you know how to start a wedding card message? Do you know what to write in a wedding card? What are the best wedding sayings and how appropriate are they? Are there wedding card wishes etiquette? How do I close my message? All these are questions that this post will give you answers to. So stay glued and learn how to write the best wedding messages!
What to Write in a Wedding Card
It is not difficult knowing what to write about a wedding, with our guide. Foremost, your wedding wishes must be sweet, sentimental, deep and awash with love. It doesn’t have to be perfect but must suit the couple perfectly. There are different kinds of wedding greetings, but we have a template that guides you through all. You will find it below with examples you can tweak to suit your style. Let the happy couple know that you really do care.
- Begin with your congratulations: The word “congratulations” cannot be-overused ever! Congratulations mean so many joyful things to a couple. It is a way to show that you are very excited for them. You are also letting them know that they did great by choosing to take that step. It doesn’t matter if you know only one half of the couple more than the other, congratulations are in order. See some examples below!
-“I just got your great news! Congratulations darling. This is awesome!”
– “Congratulations Meg! I cannot contain my joy on your upcoming nuptials!”
-“Wow! Hearty congratulations on your impending marriage. I am so happy for you!”
-“Congratulations on your wedding dearies! I can’t wait to witness your day!”
- Leave a wedding wish: Your wedding card message must bear a wedding wish that is peculiar to the couple. Regardless of the style you choose to go with or their relationship with you. Your message must show that you’re excited for them, you love them and wish them the best. It must also emphasize that they have all your support and you will be there for them. It must be emotional even when funny, and it must call on your relationship with them.
-“it’s your wedding day in a few. May your day fill you with joy and may your love shine bright like the sun”-
- Thank the couple for the invitation: You penned down your congratulations and best wishes, but that’s not enough. You got an invite because you matter to the couple and they spared you a thought. Yes, you plan on scouting the registry to get them a befitting gift. But before that, it is good to thank them for inviting you to witness their day. It is an honor and they rate you. You can do this in simple words and it doesn’t have to be extensive. Something like what we have below.
-“I got my invite to your wedding. I do not take it for granted. So, you have all my support and love. Thank you”
- Close: Do this with some wedding wishes quotes. Give them your warmest wishes about their day and the future. It can be a one-liner, either funny or heartfelt. Sign off with your name. If the bride is your best buddy or you feel like it. Send off your wedding card message with a subscription box attached. What a beautiful pre-wedding gift to help her prepare for her big day? Trust me, she will love you always.
-“May your hearts beat as one forever”
Wedding Wishes Etiquette
Your wedding congratulations to a couple come at any time. It could be before the wedding, during or after the wedding. There is no time set in stone to send in your wedding cards congratulations. But the truth is, it is always best sending them in when the feeling is still fresh. Yet, there are some rules you should follow, so as not to go out of line.
- The message must be perfectly suited for the couple who will get the card. Do not pick messages off anywhere. Put in some thoughts. Secondly, you should take into consideration your relationship with the couple. A message from gran quite differs from that of a colleague.
- Your timing is another factor to consider. If you send in your wishes before the wedding, you’d be quite excited for their day. If you send in your wishes at the wedding, you’d only give warmest wishes for the future. Some guests will attach it to their wedding gift or drop it in the card box.
- When addressing wedding wishes before the wedding, address it to the bride and groom. If you must use a last name for the bride, use her maiden name. You don’t know that she may or may not change her name. You can also stick with first names only. If you bring your wishes to the wedding, address it to Mr. and Mrs. No last names. If you must use names, first names only.
- The same also goes for checks, gifts and gift cards. First names only.
Casual Wedding Wishes
This is for you if you don’t know what to say in a wedding card, or you are not much of a talker. Don’t do anything that’s not you, or you will ruin it all. Avoid the pressure of saying all the right words. Keep it short, simple and sweet. Casual wedding wishes cuts across all forms of relationships and the timing of your cards. It’s like the master key to all the doors for wedding wishes. They may be short but they are still heartfelt, emotional, and straight to the point. See some examples below.
- Accept my warmest wishes!
- Sending you biggest hugs!
- Giving you my best wishes!
- I’m so excited for you!
- Wishing you lots of happiness, love, and joy!
- Wishing you unending joy and laughter!
- Here’s to a life of love and peace!
- Here’s to the happiest marriage yet.
- Kisses and hugs!
- Love you now, forever and a day.
- Here’s to a lasting peace-filled marriage.
Formal Wedding Wishes
If the wedding is a formal affair, you know the ballroom setting kind. The tulle and lace combinations with a sober walk down the aisle. You may need to put in more effort, and this means more words. One-liners like in casual wedding wishes will not fit into this type of wedding. Although, it’s not cast in stone that you may say so much to convey your wishes. But the examples below will work fine.
- I wish you a forever filled with love, unity, and happiness.
- May your love remain ever strong even after your wedding day is over.
- You join together to start a new and wonderful life. Best wishes on this new journey.
- May you grow old and grey and may your love grow with you.
- You made a part of your day. The memory will remain evergreen, as your love will be too.
- Love is a beautiful thing and today you prove love right. May your love remain evergreen beautiful.
Funny Wedding Card Messages
Send the couple funny wedding wishes if you want to give them something to make them smile on their day. But this is a tricky type of message. Saying it face to face will sound fine, but putting it in writing may sound awkward. Hence, be careful with your word usage. This is in order not to sound as though you’re making fun, sarcastic or not sincere. Leave out jokes on future infidelity, body shaming or possibly divorce. The couple may not find it funny. See some examples below.
- Thanks for letting us wine and dine at your expense. The meals were great; so will your marriage be!
- Love, cherish and always pick his chips.
- Happy marriages have a secret. Only the married can know it. Happy married life!
- The two of you become one today. Do I get two plates of food each when I visit?
- Be kind to each other. You never know, she could know where your car keys are. Stay married!
- Thanks for the free wine, we are glad to celebrate your marriage on your behalf.
Religious Wedding Wishes
Religious wedding card message should match with the beliefs of the couple. These are very strong, straight and meaningful messages with depth. People who are religious believe in the presence and power of a supreme being whom they reverence. What better way to frame a wedding message to them by bonding them with their creator? Starting their marriage with strength and promise attached to their beliefs is a beautiful one. So, check out the beliefs of the couple before Penning down your wishes.
Examples below for Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, and all.
- May your union have a fill of God’s blessings.
- May God endow you with his many benefits.
- Your marriage is on a side foundation and bound by your faith.
- May the one who ordained your meeting preserve you in love, joy, and peace till the end of days.
- May God bind you together in his love that can never break.
Wedding Card Messages for Friends
Wedding greetings to your friends can be funny or heartfelt. They are your friends, so they deserve all the joy you can put in. You can make your messages a personal one or leave it in general terms. This is depending on how close you are to the couple. But remember that your messages should express your love to them and convey your message right. Check below for some examples.
- One of my greatest joys in life is knowing that you’re my friends.
- As you made me a happy person, may such extend even more to you too.
- We all need that one person that gets up and has our back. It leaves no fulfilled and overwhelmed that today, you found the one.
- Here’s to unending love and eternal friendship.
- Today is your marriage. It is happening and I’m the happiest person alive to witness it. Wishing you more love, absolute trust, and unending patience.
Wedding Wishes for a Family Member
Whether it’s your daughter, son, brother, sister, granddaughter or grandson getting married. Your wedding wishes must overflow with emotions and sincerely tell of your love. For the one whose sister or brother is getting married, a little fun and naughtiness would do. This is a person you lived and grew up with. Pour out your memories and wish them the best even as they leave home.
For the parents, it is a time of overflowing emotions. You cannot believe how the time flew or where it all went to. You cannot even believe that your baby is grown and taking major life decisions. Bare it all in your wish to them.
The grandparents are alive to witness their second generation walk down the aisle. Who would have thought? This stirs up a lot of emotions and it shows in the wedding wishes.
Check some examples below.
- Family members
- The best day of my life is today. I’m witnessing your wedding, and your face shines with love. Welcome to you, as you join my family and may your joy last forever.”
“Our joy knows no bounds as I receive you into this family. May you find joy, peace, happiness, and unity.”
“To my sister, my best pal, my ride or die, my confidante. We were little, now we’ve grown. We’ve done everything together and now we will part ways to better things. Though you’re leaving we will be together in our hearts. May you find happiness, peace, fulfillment, and progress even as you get married.”
“You mean so much to me, dearest sister. You’re a part of me. For this, I wish you the best in marriage and love. Your joy will be full and permanent.”
My bully and best friend, my brother! It’s so hard to see you get married, but I’m happy you found love. You are so good for each other and I wish you all the happiness you deserve.
- Sons & Daughters
Dear mama, I’ve always had you to myself, but now I have to share. You’ve raised me right and I’m so grateful. You deserve all the happiness and I’m glad you found it. Wishing you the best.
I love you with everything in me papa. You’ve given me so much and I’m happy you’ve found someone to give more of your love to. Your love for each other shines through your souls and I pray it never dims. Congratulations!
“From the little babe in my arms some years ago, to this angel walking down the aisle. I’ve never seen a vision so enthralling, so divine. My little girl, you’re everything and my love for you remains unwavering. I send you forth with my best wishes. May all the joy you’ve given me beautiful abundant in your marriage. May your eyes not shed a tear of pain. May only the best be your lot.”
“Darling son, how fast you grow. You’re now a man and I can’t believe it myself. As you take this journey, my love goes with you. Prosper, grow more, enjoy love and have peace with your wife. Your marriage will be a haven for you and you will experience many joys.”
It’s a day of joy for me as I watch you, my little grandchild walk down the aisle. May the love we enjoyed for generations go with you into your marriage.
I watched your parents get married, now you. I am fulfilled, dear grandchild. Go with all my Love and prayers. I wish you the best in marriage.
Wedding Card Messages to a Coworker
Work relationships in most cases are not that close. You may want to go the casual route or get wedding sayings that are not too personal. Workplace wedding greetings could also factor. But if you share a close relationship with your colleague, you can go a bit personal. Some elements of humor wouldn’t go amiss in your message. Whichever way, the examples about are perfect for wedding wishes to colleagues.
- As you begin this journey of a new life with your spouse, I give you all my best wishes.
- As a team, you will make the union of marriage a better one.
- We see your love shine through your soul and your happiness is contagious. I pray your love lasts and your happiness never ends.
Wedding Card Closing
Your congratulations on a wedding are incomplete without the perfect finishing by you. Before you sign off with your name at the bottom of that card. Close with some sweet, emotional, sincere, and warm wishes for the couple. It’s a one size fits all type of approach. This closing works for everyone regardless of the relationship you share with them. All you need is a few words to close. Check out some examples below.
- With all my Love
- Sending you lots of love
- My hearty congratulations
- Congrats to the lovebirds
- Love, always
- From me to you.
Wedding congratulations are a great way to raise the couples’ wedding excitement. When you put your thoughts into framing your wedding cards messages, the new couple will know you care. Love is not only shown by the size of the gift you get a couple. You can also show it by how much you go all out to send them the perfect wedding message. If you’re at a loss of how to go about, this post has all templates from start to finish. Check it out, make your choice and wish the happy couple the best!