Pregnancy Test Dreams

By on January 26, 2019

Pregnancy test dreams are often not associated with pregnancy whatsoever. In fact, ninety-nine percent of the time a pregnancy test dream has more to do with our day-to-day life such as anxieties, relationships, and work. We’re going to take a look at what a pregnancy test dream means, and what different emotions it can bring.

Positive Pregnancy Test Dream

If you dream that you have a positive pregnancy test, it most likely is displaying the fact that you need to change something in your life or something will happen very soon that will cause big changes. If you feel like you are ‘stuck’ in your own life and not pushing yourself as hard as you can, this can be a big indicator that it’s time to turn up the pressure and get things handled.

If you can actually see the positive sign on your pregnancy test in the dream, it may be a signal that you feel as if people are judging you in real life, whether it’s in a friend situation or a work situation.

Negative Pregnancy Test with Feelings of Relief

Taking a pregnancy test in your dream where the end result is negative and you feel overwhelmingly relieved, it may be a sign that you’re going to experience something unexpected in life very soon. The dreamer can rest assured this is a positive dream in which something great is almost bound to happen.

• Dreaming about not being able to find your pregnancy test in your dream is simply a sign that you have lost something very valuable to you in life, whether it is a person or good. The best thing to do in this situation is to wake up and move on with life. Grieve if need be, but in the end, pick yourself together and move past it.
  • If you bought a pregnancy test in your dream but ended up losing it somewhere along the road, it may be a sign that you’re going to meet someone very soon.
  • When a pregnancy test doesn’t work correctly in a dream and malfunctions without showing a positive or negative result, it is indication that the dream has not thought through a situation thoroughly and really needs to take a second look at the situation before any decisions are made. If not thought about thoroughly, the dreamer may experience some very difficult problems in the future.
  • If you’re terrified of taking the pregnancy test in your dream, it is showing that you are trying to avoid something hectic in your life. The best thing to do is wake up and handle the situation in confidence, whatever it may be.
  • While taking the pregnancy test in your dream, if your significant other is trying to hide and not see the results, it may be a sign that there are secrets within the relationship. If you think this may be true, you need to have a serious talk with your lover and make sure that any secrets are brought to life before the relationship continues.

Could it be Premonition?

Yes, in some cases having a pregnancy test is a premonition of real life. Oftentimes women who become pregnant will start having more dreams about pregnancy and babies, so it is not far off to say a recently pregnant woman may have a dream about a positive pregnancy test.

However, a trying to conceive mother who has not had any luck yet may also have a dream about a pregnancy test being negative, in which case the dreamer should wake up with a positive outlook and keep trying.

While pregnancy tests often don’t indicate an actual pregnancy, they represent a wide range of emotions and situations that may be arising in our lives. Take a good look at what happens in your dream, and you will be able to figure out what needs to change in your life.

Have you ever had a dream that you have a pregnancy test come out positive or negative? What did the dream actually mean, according to this article? Share your dreams with us below.

Meagan

October 20, 2019 at 3:10 pm

Last night, I had 3 dreams within 1 about taking pregnancy tests, all being positive. I remember feeling sad to tell my husband because he does not want kids, so I feared he would have a bad reaction to my news. Within that dream, I realized it was a dream, but woke up (in the dream) and took a pregnancy test to be sure. That came positive. (But it was actually still the dream) that happened once again that I thought I was waking up and taking a test to be sure because of the dreams. But when I actually truly did wake up, I felt like I was mad at my husband. Could I be holding a resentment for him not wanting kids, and I actually have baby fever?

March 20, 2020 at 8:13 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. It seems that you need to make a decision about what you want for the future. Speak with your partner about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. After that conversation, you should decide if that it is what you want for your future, and take whatever action that you feel is appropriate.

Christyn

October 10, 2019 at 4:04 pm

I dreamed that I seen a very positive pregnancy test and I was happy because I thought I couldn’t have any kids. What does this mean?

March 1, 2020 at 2:55 pm

This dream is a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. It doesn’t mean that you are pregnant, but rather that it may be on your thoughts for one reason or another.

Devina Tandon

October 6, 2019 at 7:22 pm

I saw my 8 yr old child was carrying a kit in his pocket and was giving it back to me.It was untested.And in the backdrop was raining heavily in which he got drenched.

February 19, 2020 at 4:40 pm

There may be various reasons for this dream’s manifestation. As your child can not become pregnant at this time, it is possible that you feel that your child’s presence within the dream is a reflection of someone else in your life. Take this time to make a decision about what you want for your future, and take appropriate action.

Sasha

October 5, 2019 at 12:12 am

Hi last night I had a dream that I took a pregnancy test and saw two lines it was positive . I called my best friend because I was so happy to be pregnant and scared because I had a miscarriage in June of this year. Next I’m holding a baby that said thank you mommy .

January 27, 2020 at 3:07 pm

Your dream is a manifestation of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. You may be interested in having a child, or you may have recently had a discussion about childbirth. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and take appropriate action.

Katherine Obermiller

October 1, 2019 at 12:28 pm

I had a dream last night tgat me and my husband were decided i needed to take a pregnancy test it was positive but for some reason we didn’t believe so i took another one at first it was negative then became positive and i was waiting for his reaction to it when i woke up. We already have four kids.

December 29, 2019 at 2:10 pm

The dream may mean you sense an approaching change or transformation in your life. It is also possible the dream represents a concern that you would become pregnant again before you are ready. Either way, it is unlikely that the dream reflects an actual pregnancy.

kelsey

October 1, 2019 at 8:12 am

almost every night for the past week i have been having dreams of being pregnant or announcing to my fiance that we are having a baby, and last night it was a dream of using a pregnancy test that was positive and said 2-3 weeks on it and in my dream we were both through the roof excited. im not sure what that means as we are not currently trying for a baby and i am on birth control. we will see i suppose

December 29, 2019 at 1:51 pm

Pregnancies are often a sign of transformation or change in a dream. In this case, becoming pregnant may have happened because you sense a transformation or change approaching in your relationship. Perhaps you are currently becoming more committed to each other or plan on becoming more serious in the future.

Carisa

September 23, 2019 at 4:00 am

I had two dreams back to back. The first one I took the test and it was positive, i didnt tell anyone yet but my mom found it and was excited but I was scared to tell everyone. The second dream seemed like a continuation of the first.. I took another test which was positive and compared them side by side and i was somewhat happy but again scared and was getting ready to set up a doctors appointment for confirmation when the father of said child ( my current boyfriend ) randomly showed up at my door in a good mood and I was scared to tell him until i got the results from the doctor .. then I woke up.

December 24, 2019 at 11:10 am

The dream seems to show a sense of impending change in your life. While it seems like you are excited and ready for the change, a part of you is also scared. Because so many people (your boyfriend and mom, for example) are involved in your dream, it sounds like you feel supported in making this change and have people to help whenever you need them.

Paula Cochran

September 22, 2019 at 6:48 am

I had a dream i had a negative pregnancy test. When I looked at the test, I was did not know why i was even taking it because i have had a hysterectomy. When I woke up, I just felt confused as I did in the dream on why was I taking the test at all? I have children, so I don’t think it has anything to do with them.

Paula Cochran

September 22, 2019 at 6:50 am

oh, and the test was black and white? The lines where white and I only had 1. I did not know if that means anything, especially since I don’t remember there being tests that were black and white.

December 23, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Got it–thanks!

December 23, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Pregnancy dreams are often a sign of transformation. Most likely, this dream is a sign that you sense a change approaching in your life. The fact that the test results are negative may mean that you want to reject or avoid the approaching change if you can.

Nicha

September 22, 2019 at 5:39 am

I had a dream of having preganancy test. I was in a hospital with my mom and some of her friends. The nurse came to us with a pregancy test (pee). I have no idea from where the pregnancy result came because i dint give any element from me to the doctor to do the pregnancy test. Nurse said us that the result is positive and i am pregnant. We were shocked and not happy with the result. I was pretty sur that it couldnt happen (i am a virgin) so i was upset ans said to them it is impossible. Then the doctor took me and my mom with her. We went into a room. The doctor wanted to confirm the result so she used an another Way to check the result. She saw my private parts and said that normally i am not prégnant. Then she starter to push hard my stomac. It was really painful. Something white starterd to come out my right side stomac beacause of that pushes. When she saw that white thing, and said us that if u have a baby in my womb, that white thing couldnt come out. So we all were relieved and happy because i am not prégnant.
    I am not table to understand the dream.

December 23, 2019 at 6:53 pm

Pregnancy is often a sign of transformation or change. The dream seems to show a change approaching in your life, but you might not be completely ready for it. Because of this, you end up being not pregnant at the end of the dream because you don’t want the change to happen.

Shani

September 19, 2019 at 9:38 am

I dreamt that I found a negative pregnancy test under the driver’s seat of my grandpa’s car. It was my mom’s and she was trying to hide it from everybody. SN: She’s in a toxic marriage in real life and had her tubes tied after she had my sister. She and I aren’t very close and I had a miscarriage 6 months ago. I’m not sure what it could mean but it was so weird!

December 21, 2019 at 6:28 pm

The negative test could be a sign of your thoughts regarding childbirth, and it is likely related to your previous miscarriage. The distance between you and your mother is due to your previous interactions, and it is up to you to determine if you want to change the nature of your relationship. Regardless, you should make a decision about your future, and take whatever action that you feel is appropriate. Have a great day, Shani!

Sarat gohain

September 17, 2019 at 6:08 pm

Dream of my wifes pregnancy,bt it was negative and i am jst felling relaxed about that.. What does this dream Means

December 21, 2019 at 5:21 pm

Pregnancy often means some kind of change or transformation in a dream. If you dreamed that your wife was pregnant, it may mean that you are thinking about some kind of transformation or change in your life. The fact that you were relieved it wasn’t happening may mean you don’t want your current life to change at all if you can help it.

Hana

September 13, 2019 at 6:53 am

I dreamt that I took a test, it showed 2 pink lines. In disbelief I took a second, same again. Still struggling to comprehend the situation I used a digital test, it took some time then said ‘pregnant’. 8&9 days later this exact situation happened. I completely forgot about the dream until it all happened.
    Premonition? 🤔

September 13, 2019 at 5:41 pm

Your dream could have been a premonition. It is possible that you had intercourse and this dream appeared, as it is was certainly possible that you were pregnant. Confirm the result of this test with a medical professional. Best of luck, Hana!

Erica

December 24, 2019 at 8:38 am

I dreamt that I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative but after I shook the test it came out positive and I was overjoyed

December 24, 2019 at 9:04 am

It seems like your subconscious mind is trying to decide how it feels about upcoming changes in your life. The pregnancy reflects the change, and the test shows your feelings. Since you ended up being happy with the positive result, it seems like you are feeling positive about the approaching change in your life.

Myaa

November 25, 2019 at 12:52 pm

I had a dream that i woke up and took a pregnancy test and it came out positive I had intercourse and I’m patiently waiting. Two week wait seems forever so far it’s been a week and 2 days… 5 more days left

January 27, 2020 at 7:42 pm

The dream most likely occurred because you want to become pregnant and are currently trying to conceive. Of course, since you are actually trying to conceive, it is always possible that you could be pregnant. Good luck!

chrissy

September 12, 2019 at 9:01 am

I had a dream right before opening my eyes this morning that i saw a digital pregnancy test that showed positive. than i woke up.

September 12, 2019 at 7:49 pm

This dream may be an indication of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. It is possible that you are pregnant. You may have recently had a discussion about pregnancy or children. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Take whatever action that you feel is appropriate. Have a great day, Chrissy!

Nicha

September 22, 2019 at 5:02 am

I had a dream of having preganancy test. I was in a hospital with my mom and some of her friends. The nurse came to us with a pregancy test (pee). I have no idea from where the pregnancy result came because i dint give any element from me to the doctor to do the pregnancy test. Nurse said us that the result is positive and i am pregnancy. We were shocked and not happy with the result. I was pretty sur that it couldnt happen (i am a virgin) so i was upset ans said to them it is impossible. Then the doctor took me and my mom with her. We went into a room. The doctor wanted to confirm the result so she used an another Way to check the result. She saw my private parts and said that normally i am not prégnant. Then she starter to push hard my stomac. It was really painful. Something white starterd to come out my right side stomac beacause of that pushes. When she saw that white thing, and said us that if u have a baby in my womb, that white thing couldnt come out. So we all were relieved and happy because i am not prégnant.
        I am not table to understand the dream.

December 23, 2019 at 6:53 pm

Zhane Newkirk

September 11, 2019 at 10:17 am

I had a dream I peed on a clear blue it came back positive then I seen blood

September 12, 2019 at 4:31 pm

This dream is an indication of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. It is possible that you are interested in having a child, or you may have recently spoken with someone who is pregnant or about pregnancy. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and take whatever action that you feel is appropriate. If it is possible that you are pregnant, then take a pregnancy test at this time. Have a great day, Zhane!

Crystal

September 19, 2019 at 12:21 pm

Had a dream where I took a pregnancy test and showed my husband and he was happy then I woke up

December 21, 2019 at 6:32 pm

This dream may be a sign that you are interested in having a child. The happiness of your husband within the dream could be an indication that your previous conversations with him have shown you that he may want a child as well. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings for the future. This will give the two of you a chance to make a decision regarding children. Have a great day, Crystal!

Sara Clout

September 7, 2019 at 4:11 am

Had a dream of a pregnancy test but didn’t see the results just a test

September 8, 2019 at 8:26 pm

Your dream is a manifestation of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. It is possible that you are interested in having a child. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and take whatever action is appropriate. Have a great day, Sara!

Kelly

August 31, 2019 at 4:54 am

Hello …so I had a dream where I had to try find a store somewhere so I could get a pregnacy test so in my dream I googled mapped a store so I could find one I was very calm thinking about finding the store to buy the test.what could this mean?

September 1, 2019 at 9:32 pm

It is possible that you are thinking about pregnancy. This dream indications that you plan for your future. You may be interested in having a child, or you may be trying to make a decision about your future. Determine what you feel is appropriate and viable. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Kelly!

Crizzy

November 9, 2019 at 8:37 am

i had a dream i had a positive pregnancy test what do it means?

February 13, 2020 at 8:30 pm

Pregnancy is often symbolic of change and transformations. The positive pregnancy test may mean you foresee changes and transformations coming in your life, and you are ready to take on new opportunities that come your way.

Arce

August 28, 2019 at 12:45 am

Hello , I had a dream where I took a pregnancy test and came out positive , when I woke up I was crying because my husband and I have been trying little over a year now and had no luck .. what does this mean

August 28, 2019 at 4:40 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your thoughts and feelings regarding pregnancy. You may be interested in having a child, which likely influenced your dreams. Since the two of you have been attempting to have a child for a year, you may want to speak with a fertility specialist. Make an appointment with a medical professional, as they may be able to help you understand what actions need to be taken. Best of luck, Arce!

Megan

August 20, 2019 at 12:24 pm

I had a dream that I took a pregnancy test and it was positive and I was elated. I woke up and apparently I fell back asleep, and I had another dream that I took a pregnancy test and it was positive again, again, I was excited. These dreams both happened within two and a half hours of each other to where I had a dream, woke up, and fell back asleep and had another dream that was very similar. In both dreams, the test result was a positive, however, the dreams were not the exact same. In the second dream, after I took the urine test, the result was shown as a positive on my phone. What could this mean?!

August 21, 2019 at 2:01 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. It is possible that you are interested in having a child. You may have recently spoken with someone about children or pregnancy. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Take whatever action that you feel is appropriate. You will draw positive people and energy into your life by sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Megan!

Emily

August 19, 2019 at 10:57 am

I had a really vivid dream last night about being pregnant. I saw the test and it was clearly positive and I told my fiance and he was overjoyed. I woke up after that, it was the middle of the night, and had to pee really badly! I wanted to try a pregnancy test just in case because I was hoping it might be true, but I didn’t have any on hand. What could this mean?? My best friend is about to have her first baby. Could it be because of that or could I possibly be pregnant!

August 20, 2019 at 9:00 pm

Your best friend is about to have a child, and this certainly has influenced your thoughts and your dreams. It is possible that you are interested in having a child. You may be pregnant. Make a decision about what you want for your future and take appropriate action. Take a pregnancy test at this time, and confirm the result of the test with a medical professional. Best of luck, Emily!

Immaculate

August 19, 2019 at 3:52 am

Hello I had a dream that I took a pregnancy test and it was positive then I started thinking of abortion but inside my heart I was crying that I will be killing an innocent soul. What does it mean?

August 20, 2019 at 8:40 pm

This dream is a reflection of your personal religious beliefs regarding abortion. It is certain that the political discussions around the world regarding religious beliefs had influenced this dream. You are aware that you believe that abortion is killing, so do not do it. Support those in your life who make tough decisions based on their person belief systems. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Immaculate!

Amaka

September 1, 2019 at 6:31 am

Hi am ttc for a year and 8 months now but me and my hubby stay apart he lives abroad we had a quarel yesterday l dream in the night and saw a woman doing pregnancy test for me with strip at first l was like preg test how can l be pregnant my hubby and l are not together and it tested positively l was confused she brought another and tested it again it was positive too being 2 test strips now l was still confused in the dream when l woke up pls explain

September 1, 2019 at 11:00 pm

This dream is a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. You are interested in having a child, but you are aware that your husband lives abroad. There may be concerns about his behaviors that have appeared within your dream. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with your husband about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Amaka!

Therese

October 23, 2019 at 3:18 am

Hi!
        I dreamt last night of getting a positive pregnancy test, however, the test kit looked different and kinda weird. It was a flask with my pee sample in it and I had to pour a chemical in it. If the pee turns white, it’s positive, but if it turns blue, it’s negative. Mine turned clear white so I was happy it turned out positive!
        What could this mean?

March 20, 2020 at 7:14 pm

This dream was a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. It doesn’t mean that you are pregnant, but it is a clear indication of your thoughts. Make a decision about what you want for your future. If there is a relationship that you want to nourish, then spend additional time with that person.