Pregnancy Test Dreams

By on January 26, 2019

Pregnancy test dreams are often not associated with pregnancy whatsoever. In fact, ninety-nine percent of the time a pregnancy test dream has more to do with our day-to-day life such as anxieties, relationships, and work. We’re going to take a look at what a pregnancy test dream means, and what different emotions it can bring.

Positive Pregnancy Test Dream

If you dream that you have a positive pregnancy test, it most likely is displaying the fact that you need to change something in your life or something will happen very soon that will cause big changes. If you feel like you are ‘stuck’ in your own life and not pushing yourself as hard as you can, this can be a big indicator that it’s time to turn up the pressure and get things handled.

If you can actually see the positive sign on your pregnancy test in the dream, it may be a signal that you feel as if people are judging you in real life, whether it’s in a friend situation or a work situation.

Negative Pregnancy Test with Feelings of Relief

Taking a pregnancy test in your dream where the end result is negative and you feel overwhelmingly relieved, it may be a sign that you’re going to experience something unexpected in life very soon. The dreamer can rest assured this is a positive dream in which something great is almost bound to happen.

• Dreaming about not being able to find your pregnancy test in your dream is simply a sign that you have lost something very valuable to you in life, whether it is a person or good. The best thing to do in this situation is to wake up and move on with life. Grieve if need be, but in the end, pick yourself together and move past it.
  • If you bought a pregnancy test in your dream but ended up losing it somewhere along the road, it may be a sign that you’re going to meet someone very soon.
  • When a pregnancy test doesn’t work correctly in a dream and malfunctions without showing a positive or negative result, it is indication that the dream has not thought through a situation thoroughly and really needs to take a second look at the situation before any decisions are made. If not thought about thoroughly, the dreamer may experience some very difficult problems in the future.
  • If you’re terrified of taking the pregnancy test in your dream, it is showing that you are trying to avoid something hectic in your life. The best thing to do is wake up and handle the situation in confidence, whatever it may be.
  • While taking the pregnancy test in your dream, if your significant other is trying to hide and not see the results, it may be a sign that there are secrets within the relationship. If you think this may be true, you need to have a serious talk with your lover and make sure that any secrets are brought to life before the relationship continues.

Could it be Premonition?

Yes, in some cases having a pregnancy test is a premonition of real life. Oftentimes women who become pregnant will start having more dreams about pregnancy and babies, so it is not far off to say a recently pregnant woman may have a dream about a positive pregnancy test.

However, a trying to conceive mother who has not had any luck yet may also have a dream about a pregnancy test being negative, in which case the dreamer should wake up with a positive outlook and keep trying.

While pregnancy tests often don’t indicate an actual pregnancy, they represent a wide range of emotions and situations that may be arising in our lives. Take a good look at what happens in your dream, and you will be able to figure out what needs to change in your life.

Have you ever had a dream that you have a pregnancy test come out positive or negative? What did the dream actually mean, according to this article? Share your dreams with us below.

Kim

August 18, 2019 at 4:46 am

i had a dream that i went to my previous job and a new coworker told me to take a pregnancy test because she was “looking out for me” but i didn’t want to because i was scared that it would say yes i’m pregnant. So i never took one or even saw if it was positive or negative

August 19, 2019 at 8:56 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. The coworker may be a placeholder for someone in your life who you may maintain a social relationship with. You may have recently had a discussion about pregnancy or childbirth. It is possible that you are interested in having a child. Make a decision about what you want for your future and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Kim!

Charlie

August 16, 2019 at 7:16 am

I had a dream that I intuitively felt like something was off in my body so I figured I’d go to the store and buy a couple pregnancy tests just to be sure I wasn’t pregnant. When I got to the store, I couldn’t find the tests. I got lost in there for hours and eventually I ran into my partner at the store. I didn’t want him to know I was buying pregnancy tests in case I wasn’t pregnant I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it. So I hid from him and bought the tests in secret. When I got home I took one test and there was a malfunction. I went to take the second (of three tests) but my partner ended up finding it and that’s when I woke up.

August 18, 2019 at 8:35 pm

This dream may be an indication of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. You may have recently had a discussion about children or pregnancy. If you are sexually active, then it is possible that you are pregnant. Continue to monitor your symptoms, and take a pregnancy test if you feel that it would be appropriate to do so. Have a great day, Charlie!

Chuxxie

August 9, 2019 at 3:33 am

I dreamed about one man was trying to pursue me, but I don’t want to. He is a really good man. His friends and him want me to have the pregnancy test and I still do not want to. In my knowledge that we didn’t do anything over limited that would result in pregnancy. The test turned about to be positive and I felt really bad about it. I’m currently separated, which don’t consider as cheating. I also showed my son the result and he is really happy about it, and he is a little older in the dream than real life. However, my mom is really judging me that “I told you so” situation and do not want this. I felt really bad and have negative feeling toward this. Also, the pregnancy stick showed all red and said it’s a girl. How weird is that! That man is really happy though. He wanted to married me and said his mom would love me. I found myself started crying over it because my mom shamed me about it until I wake up middle of the night. I felt very much real.

August 9, 2019 at 7:47 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of your social and emotional desires. You may be interested in having a child. It seems that this dream may be an indication of the stresses that you have in your life at this time. Ensure that this dream guides you to make a decision about your future. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Chuxxie!

Megan

August 8, 2019 at 6:21 am

I had a dream that I went in my closet and grabbed a pregnancy test that I previously bought, went into the bathroom and took the pregnancy test. When I saw that it was positive, my brother came in and also saw that it was positive. I was upset. I walked into the living room to tell my family but I was trying to convince them that it had to be a mistake because I wasn’t sexually active, but they wouldn’t believe me. I felt like they were disappointed. And I was upset that they wouldn’t believe me.

August 8, 2019 at 8:57 pm

Your dream is a reflection of two influences in your life. You may be interested in having a child, or you may have recently had discussions about sex and pregnancy. You care deeply about how your family feels about your behaviors. It seems that this dream should guide you to make a decision about what you want for your future. Take whichever action that you feel is appropriate. Have a great day, Megan!

Queen Hud

July 31, 2019 at 10:51 am

I had a dream that my son took 2 positive pregnancy test, now remind you, he’s a male. No way possible a male can get pregnant. Please help!

July 31, 2019 at 4:03 pm

It is possible that you are thinking about grandchildren. Perhaps your son has a partner who he may be sexually active with. You may have had a discussion regarding pregnancy and childbirth. Ensure that this dream guides you to strengthen your relationship with your son. If possible, then spend additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Queen!

Kerneisha

July 31, 2019 at 4:41 am

I had a dream that I bought 2 pregnancy test dipped the both in my pee and the both was positive and in the dream I showed my father and my mother

July 31, 2019 at 3:16 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. It is possible that you are interested in having a child. You may have had discussions with other people about pregnancy or childbirth. The presence of your parents within your dream may be a sign of your emotional relationship with them as well. Make a decision about what you want for your future and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Kerneisha!

tyliesha

July 26, 2019 at 9:37 am

i had a dream that i was in the bathroom i pulled out a pregnancy test peed on it in waited in i seen 2 positive lines than i walked out the bathroom in woke up but when i went back to sleep i had a pregnancy belly like my stomach was huge in i was with my grandmother but she’s deceased ! the dreams were weird !

July 26, 2019 at 11:01 pm

Your dream was a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. It is possible that you are interested in having a child. The presence of your grandmother may be a sign of your various emotional relationships. Make a decision about what you want for your future and take appropriate action. You will draw positive people and energy into your life by sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Tyliesha!

Kyla Anderson

July 23, 2019 at 8:02 am

I had a dream last night i was in the bathroom i pulled a pregnancy test out of my pocket and it had 2 lines on the test . I had said , ” oh lord let me go tell my SO . And as i walked out of the bathroom i woke up from my dream

July 24, 2019 at 4:50 pm

This dream could be an indication of your desire to have children. Someone else in your life may be pregnant. It is possible that you had a recent discussion about pregnancy or childbirth. Make a decision for what you want for your future. Speak with your partner about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Kyla!

Goldie

July 23, 2019 at 3:18 am

I had a dream and in the dream i had previously taken a pregnancy test and i went back to look for the test again and it had read positive and i was so freaked out and terrified thinking of how disappointed my family was going to be with me and i telling myself i would never have sex again and i saw my friend in my dream she told me i should help her lift some heavy stuff because if i do that i can get a miscarriage and in the dream i was lookibg for ways to have a miscarriage because i didn’t want the pregnancy so i was helping her lift the heavy thing and i woke up… What does this mean pls

July 23, 2019 at 10:28 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your thoughts and feelings regarding pregnancy. You may have recently had a discussion about children or pregnancy. If it is possible that you are pregnant, then take a pregnancy test. You will find benefit in confirming the result of the test with a medical professional. Best of luck, Goldie!

MoNique W

July 21, 2019 at 2:16 pm

Last night I dreamed I was at the hospital or ob/gyn office with my fiance and his mom. The only things that appeared in the dream was the doctor reading the test results and showing them to me, he circled the results, while saying the pregnancy hormone was “light” but it was there……after that my fiance’s mom said, “see I told you” and then I woke up. Im really stuck on this dream because we have been trying to get pregnant for years now and I had a miscarriage about 5 years ago. Also, his mom and I have never really gotten along……can anyone tell me what this can possibly mean?

MoNique W

July 21, 2019 at 2:17 pm

I was happy in the dream

July 22, 2019 at 2:07 pm

This dream is a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. The presence of your mother in law and her behaviors could be a manifestations of your strained relationship. You are interested in having a child, so you may want to speak with a fertility specialist. Make an appointment at this time, as this may give you the support that you need. Best of luck, Monique!

July 22, 2019 at 2:06 pm

Courtlin

July 20, 2019 at 1:51 pm

I had a dream that I bought a pregnancy test but I woke up before I walked out of the store. I seemed very secretive about it though.

July 21, 2019 at 7:22 pm

This dream could be a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. You may be interested in having a child. You could have recently had a discussion about children or childbirth. Make a decision about what you want for your future and take appropriate action. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Courtlin!

Alex

July 26, 2019 at 9:34 am

I had a dream a night or two ago that I was taking a clearblue pregnancy test and it came up positive. Once I saw the positive I was so happy and I woke up. My SO and I have been trying and I’ve been feeling sick lately, emotional, and not myself. Also I’ve been afraid to take a pregnancy test.

July 26, 2019 at 11:00 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your thoughts and feelings regarding pregnancy. As you have been attempting to have a child, it is certainly possible that you are pregnant. Take a pregnancy test at this time, and confirm the results of the test with a medical professional. Best of luck, Alex!

Danielle T

July 20, 2019 at 7:12 am

I had a dream last night I took 5 different pregnancy test and they were all positive. But, I was hiding it from my husband because I wanted to surprise him with it on his birthday.

July 21, 2019 at 3:58 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your thoughts in regards to children or childbirth. If you are interested in having a child, then speak with your partner about your thoughts and feelings. Your dream may be an indication of your recent conversations regarding childbirth. Determine what you want for your future and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Danielle!

Chelsea R

July 18, 2019 at 7:13 am

Last night I had a dream I took a pregnancy test at the doctor and it was positive then I went to work and took another pregnancy test and it was positive too. I was excited in the dream.

July 18, 2019 at 6:45 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. You may be interested in having a child. It is possible that you have recently had a discussion about children or childbirth. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and take appropriate action. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Chelsea!

Sarah

July 17, 2019 at 6:55 am

I had a dream last night were I took three pregnancy tests and they were all positive. I started freaking out because I cannot be pregnant. Does this mean I might actually be pregnant or is it something else?

July 17, 2019 at 5:42 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. This dream does not mean that you are pregnant. If you made the decision to have unprotected sex, then it is possible that you are pregnant. Take a pregnancy test at this time. Conform the result of your test with a medical professional. Have a great day, Sarah!

Angela

July 16, 2019 at 6:16 am

The night before last, I dreamt that I walked into a room full of unopened boxed pregnancy tests. Thousands of them in stacks. I have been trying to decode this dream and feel stumped. Any ideas? Thanks

July 16, 2019 at 3:17 pm

Pregnancy tests may be indications that you have been thinking about pregnancy. You may have recently had a conversation with someone about children or childbirth. It is possible that you may be concerned that you are pregnant. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and take appropriate action. If someone in your life is pregnant, then you will find benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion with that person. Have a great day, Angela!

Angelica D Sanchez

July 12, 2019 at 8:25 am

I dreamt that i was walking into my house which seemed to be full of people i knew or family and my mother (who cannot concieve and going through menapause) had a digital pg test as i took it from her and i looked down two lines(obviously positive)popped up in the test. I automatically became angry and threw the the test and looked at her with disgust because she was given an opportunity to concieve which i have been trying for 13 long years , to be honest i dreamt this early this morning fri july 12 2019 as i write this i feel sick , i feel heartbroken and still angry,please help

July 12, 2019 at 8:55 pm

This dream is manifestation of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. You are aware that your mother and others have had children, but you have not been able to have children yet. It is possible that this dream is a reflection of that jealousy. The negative emotions that you had when you woke up are signs of those feelings. It seems that you need to make a decision at this time. If you want to speak with a medical professional or make an appointment with a fertility clinic, then do so. Have a great day, Angelica!

Randiiree

July 1, 2019 at 7:17 pm

I had a dream a couple nights ago where I had taken a pregnancy test and it was positive. I was excited and asked for another to double check, when I had taken it the second time it was negative. I was devastated but I still felt a tiny bit relieved. Can you help me?

July 2, 2019 at 5:36 pm

Dreams about pregnancy are manifestations of your thoughts and influences. It is possible that you are interested in having a child. You may have recently had a conversation about childbirth. Make a decision about what you want for your future at this time, and take whatever action is appropriate. You will draw positive people and energy into your life by sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Randiiree!

Brittany h

June 28, 2019 at 11:15 am

I had a dream the night before last that I took several pregnancy tests and they all came back positive. Last night in one dream I had a weird period (it was grey of all colors) and then next I was heavily pregnant.

June 28, 2019 at 10:52 pm

This dream is a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. It is possible that you are interested in having a child. You may have recently had a discussion about childbirth or children. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and take whatever action you feel is appropriate. Share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Brittany!

Elm

June 27, 2019 at 12:21 pm

I had a dream that I bought 4 pregnancy tests that didn’t give results with a positive or negative sign but by changing the color of the water in the cup – red meant pregnant, blue meant not pregnant – but they still worked as any other test, meaning you still had to pee on the stick. In my dream, I did that & when I set each stick in their cup, one by one, they began to turn red. Before the fourth cup could change color, I said out loud, “Gid, please don’t let me be pregnant. I can’t be pregnant right now. If I am, I will abort the baby.” After I said that, the water in the fourth cup turned blue & slowly but surely, the other three cups turned blue as well & a wave of relief washed over me.

Afterward, I left the bathroom without cleaning up the tests or the cups, & went to my bedroom to do laundry with my mom. A few minutes later, my sister shows up & tells my mom she found four pregnancy tests in the bathroom & they aren’t hers. My mom replies, “Well, who’s tests are they?” I answer, “Mine, but they’re negative. I’m not pregnant.” But instead of believing me, my mom scoffs, & follows my sister to the bathroom to check herself. I stayed behind to finish the laundry & the dream faded from there.

June 27, 2019 at 6:58 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. You may be interested in having a child. It is possible that you have had recent recent discussions regarding children. You likely value your mother’s influence in your life. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and take whatever action that you feel is appropriate. Have a great day, Elm!

Nyisha G

May 26, 2019 at 10:06 pm

Yes I had a dream first about a little babygirl that had some of my mother’s features, weeks later I had a dream about a pregnancy test that was positive & then a few days later I had a dream about a white snake and a dog that was running in circles with me like he was chasing his tail. Some vivid dreams

May 27, 2019 at 6:37 pm

Your first dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. It is possible that you are interested in having a child. The snake and dog could be manifestations of other influences in your life. If it is possible that you are pregnant, then take a pregnancy test. Confirm the results of any test with your medical professional. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Nyisha!