Pregnancy Test Dreams

By on January 26, 2019

Pregnancy test dreams are often not associated with pregnancy whatsoever. In fact, ninety-nine percent of the time a pregnancy test dream has more to do with our day-to-day life such as anxieties, relationships, and work. We’re going to take a look at what a pregnancy test dream means, and what different emotions it can bring.

Positive Pregnancy Test Dream

If you dream that you have a positive pregnancy test, it most likely is displaying the fact that you need to change something in your life or something will happen very soon that will cause big changes. If you feel like you are ‘stuck’ in your own life and not pushing yourself as hard as you can, this can be a big indicator that it’s time to turn up the pressure and get things handled.

If you can actually see the positive sign on your pregnancy test in the dream, it may be a signal that you feel as if people are judging you in real life, whether it’s in a friend situation or a work situation.

Negative Pregnancy Test with Feelings of Relief

Taking a pregnancy test in your dream where the end result is negative and you feel overwhelmingly relieved, it may be a sign that you’re going to experience something unexpected in life very soon. The dreamer can rest assured this is a positive dream in which something great is almost bound to happen.

• Dreaming about not being able to find your pregnancy test in your dream is simply a sign that you have lost something very valuable to you in life, whether it is a person or good. The best thing to do in this situation is to wake up and move on with life. Grieve if need be, but in the end, pick yourself together and move past it.
  • If you bought a pregnancy test in your dream but ended up losing it somewhere along the road, it may be a sign that you’re going to meet someone very soon.
  • When a pregnancy test doesn’t work correctly in a dream and malfunctions without showing a positive or negative result, it is indication that the dream has not thought through a situation thoroughly and really needs to take a second look at the situation before any decisions are made. If not thought about thoroughly, the dreamer may experience some very difficult problems in the future.
  • If you’re terrified of taking the pregnancy test in your dream, it is showing that you are trying to avoid something hectic in your life. The best thing to do is wake up and handle the situation in confidence, whatever it may be.
  • While taking the pregnancy test in your dream, if your significant other is trying to hide and not see the results, it may be a sign that there are secrets within the relationship. If you think this may be true, you need to have a serious talk with your lover and make sure that any secrets are brought to life before the relationship continues.

Could it be Premonition?

Yes, in some cases having a pregnancy test is a premonition of real life. Oftentimes women who become pregnant will start having more dreams about pregnancy and babies, so it is not far off to say a recently pregnant woman may have a dream about a positive pregnancy test.

However, a trying to conceive mother who has not had any luck yet may also have a dream about a pregnancy test being negative, in which case the dreamer should wake up with a positive outlook and keep trying.

While pregnancy tests often don’t indicate an actual pregnancy, they represent a wide range of emotions and situations that may be arising in our lives. Take a good look at what happens in your dream, and you will be able to figure out what needs to change in your life.

Have you ever had a dream that you have a pregnancy test come out positive or negative? What did the dream actually mean, according to this article? Share your dreams with us below.

Unknown

February 9, 2020 at 11:49 am

Last night I had a dream of a woman at my job went and bought 20 pregnancies and I asked for 1 to take and she said no. What’s that about?

February 9, 2020 at 6:19 pm

Your dream seems to be a reflection of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. You may feel that you are interested in having a child, or it is possible that you recently spoke with someone about children. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and take appropriate action.

marissa anna garcia

February 8, 2020 at 12:41 pm

its been a constant dreams of me taking a pregnancy test and its positive or im at the doctor with a friend that’s pregnant and she tells me I have to get checked to cause of my stomach was popping out and I saw the doctor was wearing a long white coat and he told me that I had one by my belly button and one on the left lower abdomen as I saw myself getting checked I went around the doctor and there a cover and when I picked it up there was a sac and the baby looked a like a shrimp that was growing eyes and then the head formed and his neck and stomach with his arms and legs and feet I was watching it grow and breath so I covered the baby back up and I was excited cause I knew it was my baby or babies

February 9, 2020 at 9:34 pm

Birth is often a sign of transformation or change, so this dream most likely represents some kind of upcoming change. The fact that you are excited about the birth seems to indicate that you are looking forward to achieving these changes and goals in your life.

JP

February 6, 2020 at 7:27 pm

I’ve had multiple dreams of being pregnant and being able to feel the baby move. More recently have had 2 separate dreams of taking pregnancy tests and them being positive or confusing.

February 7, 2020 at 9:43 pm

Pregnancy is often a sign of change or transformation. Perhaps you feel a change is approaching in your life. The fact that the pregnancy test is sometimes confused instead of positive may mean you aren’t sure if you actually want this change to happen in your real life, or you may debating which path to choose.

Aja

January 30, 2020 at 6:21 am

I had a dream last night, I was around friends and I went in the bathroom to take a pregnancy test, it immediately was positive and said 90%, everyone was super excited to know I was pregnant, and many kept saying they knew I was pregnant… not sure what that could mean???

February 3, 2020 at 10:51 pm

This dream may be an indication of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. You have have recently spoken with someone about children. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and take appropriate action.

Sally

January 25, 2020 at 6:23 am

I keep dreaming of having a baby girl all of a sudden. I’m having this dream quite a lot lately. I’ve even dreamed of giving birth and feeling sore. My last dream like this, was me taking a pregnancy test. It broke whilst I was waiting for the results, then I fixed it somehow, and the result was negative. To which I felt disappointed (in the dream).

January 25, 2020 at 9:50 pm

Birth typically represents change or transformation in the dream, so the dream most likely represents a change that you want to have happen. The fact that the pregnancy test is negative in one of the dreams seems to indicate you feel uncertain about whether the change you want will end up coming to pass.

Aranique

January 18, 2020 at 3:13 am

I’m already pregnant. Dreamed of me sitting in a toilet. Finds positive pregnancy test on the side of the tub. Gets up and leaves because I knew I was pregnant. All of a sudden classmates from years are saying it’s for a strange man I don’t know..

January 18, 2020 at 10:28 am

When you’re pregnant, all of the hormones really intensify your dreams. The strange man may not represent a strange man as much as the little stranger who is now growing inside of you. As for the pregnancy test, your subconscious mind is only telling you something that you already know! Congrats!

Sunny

January 14, 2020 at 3:29 am

Dream number 1: One night I had a dream that I was dating this celebrity rapper and he told me that I was pregnant. I didn’t know I was until he told me.

Dream number 2. I had a dream that my pregnancy tests were coming back negative with only one line on it. But, when I would show people they would give it back to me and show it to me and it was poaitive, and I would see two lines instead of one. When I saw the two lines I got so happy that I started crying. I could feel myself hyperventilating in my dream. It felt SO REAL! I was so happy to tell my mom. So, I went to call my mom when I sort of woke up and realized it was a dream. Then I was really sad because it wasn’t real.

January 14, 2020 at 12:26 pm

The first dream may be a reflection of your appreciation for that artist and your thoughts regarding pregnancy. The second dream confirms that you have been thinking about children or pregnancy. It is possible that you have recently had a discussion with someone who is pregnant or who recently gave birth.

Amber

January 4, 2020 at 6:00 am

I had a dream last night i took a pregnancy test it was inconclusive. There wasn’t 1 or 2 lines it read unable to read. I thought i did something wrong so i took the other test out the box and tired that one, it also came out inconclusive

January 4, 2020 at 3:53 pm

Pregnancy is often a sign of life changes. Perhaps you are uncertain if the changes you want or plan on will actually be happening.

KP

December 26, 2019 at 12:25 pm

I had a vivid positive pregnancy test dream. I was laying in bed with my closest cousin and I was using this digital blood home pregnancy test and it was positive! Then I got so shocked and nervous but i know i was happy. Then i planned on how and when i will say it to my mom. Then i felt chills in real life so i woke up

December 27, 2019 at 6:23 pm

Your dream may be an indication that you re interested in having a child. You may have spoken with someone about pregnancy, or you may know someone who recently had a child. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and take whatever action that you feel is appropriate. If you are aware of someone in your life who is pregnant, then support them by sharing your positive energy with them.

John

December 5, 2019 at 2:30 pm

Hello i had a dream that someone guy had gave me a first response box as a gift for Christmas and i took out the two test packs and put them at the end of my bed and threw the box away

January 14, 2020 at 12:38 pm

It is possible that you are thinking about pregnancy and childbirth. There may be someone in your life who is pregnant. Make a decision about what you want for your future and take appropriate action.

Katrina Jackson

December 2, 2019 at 3:31 pm

I had a dream recently that my grandmother who passed away in 2008, was sitting in her place of employment handing me a positive pregnancy test with a huge smile on her face. I am racking my brain to try and find out what this means. My old man and I have been trying to conceive for almost 10 years with no luck. (natural way). I dont know what this means since my grandmother is no longer with us.

January 20, 2020 at 1:13 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your emotional relationship with your late grandmother and your thoughts regarding children. You may want to speak with a fertility specialist about what options may be available to you.

Kayla

December 1, 2019 at 7:52 am

I had a dream last night that I was trying to take a pregnancy test but I kept dropping it and then I lost it. Then I found another one but I couldn’t see the results and I was freaking out.
    My sister in law a few days ago also had a dream I was having another baby

January 20, 2020 at 2:52 pm

Pregnancy is often a sign of transformation in a dream, so there may be a change approaching in your waking life. The change could be an actual pregnancy, but it could also be something else as well. The fact you kept dropping the pregnancy test may mean you don’t feel quite ready for this change yet.

Kierra

November 15, 2019 at 12:00 pm

I had a dream that my mom told me that there was a pregnancy test in the bathroom for me and i need to take it. I remember walking to the bathroom to take the test but i don’t remember anything after that.

February 8, 2020 at 12:10 pm

Your dream could be a sign that you are thinking about pregnancy. You may have recently spoken with someone in your life who had a child. Take this time to make a decision about what you want for your future. Take whatever action that you feel is appropriate.

Frances

November 8, 2019 at 3:04 am

I had a dream that my dead aunt thought she was pregnant and she asked me to take a test with her and I did and mines came out positive and it said 8 to 12 weeks pregnant and I texted my ex and told him but he wasn’t the baby dad I texted the wrong person and I looked up and my aunt was looking at me then I woke up what could that mean ?

February 14, 2020 at 8:04 pm

The pregnancy results probably represent some kind of change or transformation coming up in your life. You may wish your aunt could be there to see how your life is changing and all that you accomplished, which is why she is so involved in learning about the pregnancy and telling the baby’s father in the dream.

Breezy

November 3, 2019 at 5:02 am

Hello! Had a really odd dream the other night that I’ve never had before. I toons pregnancy test and it came back positive. But the test was really weird. It was a clear blue digital and it said positive but then had a negative line on top like it had a malfunction & then all of a sudden it turned into like a first response with 2 lines. Very odd. I don’t remember taking the test or even seeing anything else. All I remember is seeing the test. This was the night before my 25th birthday and I also just started a new job last week. My and fiancé have been trying on and off for 6 years now & never had s dream like this. Only once ever a year ago I had s dream I was actually like 6 months pregnant

February 26, 2020 at 4:39 pm

The dream probably just occurred because you have been trying to become pregnant for so long, and you wish that you would get a positive result. Who knows though? Hopefully, you will get a positive pregnancy test sooner rather than later. Best of luck!

Nikki

October 31, 2019 at 4:47 am

Hi! I had a dream that I was walking outside near a forest and found out that I was pregnant.. In my dream though, I had multiple friends from my life walk around with me while I tried to find the guy. I saw one ex of mine and then I was trying to find the one night stand because I thought he was the father. I never ran into my boyfriend. Along the way to finding the father I took another pregnancy test and I saw a positive result. The guy who was holding it, I didn’t know. In real life, I had a one night stand with the ex from the dream and I had a pregnancy scare. It wasn’t a nightmare, but it sure was weird bringing up multiple exes into my dream

February 29, 2020 at 10:10 pm

This dream is a manifestation of your thoughts regarding pregnancy and your previous social and emotional relationships. It seems that you should take this time to make a decision about what you want for your future. If there is someone in your life that you want to maintain a relationship with, then speak with that person about your thoughts and feelings.

Liz

October 30, 2019 at 3:26 pm

Last night I had a dream that I took two pregnancy tests and both showed two lines so they came out positive and I got so happy and excited, I would run to my husband and tell him its positive yes we’re pregnant. But in the same drem since I didnt wanted to wait for my appoinment to the dr. I would go buy the clear blue pregnancy test to have an idea of how far I was and it would say 1 to 2 weeks pregnant And was so happy and then I woke up.

February 29, 2020 at 10:31 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of your desire to have children. It is possible that you are pregnant. Take a pregnancy test, and make an appointment with a medical professional. Nourish your connection with your partner by spending additional time together in person.

Burnette Benson

October 24, 2019 at 5:39 am

I had a dream that l took an pregnancy test from the equate brand test and it came out with two dark lines l show my husband and I took pictures of the positive pregnant test on cryso group on FB l seen the equate brand paper l kept the test l start crying of joy then l woke and thought can I be pregnant because l not to long did an home insemination in October 17, 2019. In my TWW now. And yes l totally was these types of dreams before l even did the insemination l dream of fishes and pregnant women. Etc.

March 20, 2020 at 5:20 pm

The pregnancy test could be symbolic of a positive change or transformation approaching in your life. It is also entirely possible that the dream was created because of your hopes of having a child and efforts to conceive. Hopefully, you will end up achieving your dreams in real life before long. Good luck!

Dolly

October 21, 2019 at 3:56 am

I had a dream that I had a lot of pregnancy symptoms and when I took a pregnancy test it came back negative? I keep having this dream and I’m so confused by it

March 20, 2020 at 7:56 pm

Dreams about pregnancy are often indications of the influences in your life related to pregnancy or childbirth. Take this time to make a decision about what you want for your future. If you are interested in having a child, then nourish a relationship with someone in your life. You will draw positive people and energy into your life by sharing your kindness and compassion at all times.

Meagan

October 20, 2019 at 3:10 pm

Last night, I had 3 dreams within 1 about taking pregnancy tests, all being positive. I remember feeling sad to tell my husband because he does not want kids, so I feared he would have a bad reaction to my news. Within that dream, I realized it was a dream, but woke up (in the dream) and took a pregnancy test to be sure. That came positive. (But it was actually still the dream) that happened once again that I thought I was waking up and taking a test to be sure because of the dreams. But when I actually truly did wake up, I felt like I was mad at my husband. Could I be holding a resentment for him not wanting kids, and I actually have baby fever?

March 20, 2020 at 8:13 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your thoughts regarding pregnancy. It seems that you need to make a decision about what you want for the future. Speak with your partner about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. After that conversation, you should decide if that it is what you want for your future, and take whatever action that you feel is appropriate.