How to Show a Guy You Like Him

By on September 5, 2014

For some reason women think that men don’t have to be shown that we like them. They are just automatically supposed to know these things, and we get mad when he doesn’t catch on to our cues. Well, just like us, sometimes men need that extra push to really take the hint. Try out these 15 easy ways to show a guy you like him- ways that will actually get his attention and let him KNOW.

0d327d5901dce97c706a3a095de8ae881. Be Interested in Him

Because obviously when you’re showing signs of interest in someone, it means you like them- right? But don’t just do it in a friendly way. Try to pay MORE attention to HIM then you do anyone else. Ask him questions to find out more about him and talk to him often so you can get the most information possible.

body language

2. Use Positive Body Language

This goes hand in hand with being interested him- but taking it one step further. Positive body language is an absolute must when trying to show a guy you like them. Some things you should always consider:

-Try to always be facing him and leaning towards him during the conversation, giving him your full undivided attention.

-Eye contact is absolutely important and should be done often. Of course, you should break the eye contact every once in awhile to avoid awkward situations.

-Try to refrain from folding your arms or doing any nervous habits like biting fingernails or twitching.

smile

3. Smile Often

Want to know one thing that drives men crazy? A woman’s smile. And nothing says “Hey, I like you” like a nice, warm, pretty smile. Smile at your crush as much as possible. When he catches you staring at him, smile, blush and look away. When he looks at you and YOU take notice, give him a nice welcoming smile. Smile during conversations and you can even throw in smiley faces on your text messages!

text him

4. Text Him

In this day and age, at least half of our communication is done through text messages. I mean, they are SO handy and you don’t have to use your voice (which is awesome for people who are insanely nervous and lose their words when they’re around their crush). Don’t be afraid to be the first one to send a text message. Surprisingly enough, that’s a sure fire way to tell him you’re interested in him. You’re not bothering him- send him a cute hello text, but make sure to spruce it up so he doesn’t think you’re boring.

your-cell-phone-can-cause-acne-300x1993

5. Call Him

With text messaging being so insanely popular, nobody hardly finds time to actually call someone on the phone anymore. So, you call him- now what? You actually took the time out of your day to pick up the phone and ring him up. You want to actually TALK to him and hear his voice. That says A LOT. The next time you’ve got some free time on your hands, give him a call. (You know you want to hear his sexy voice anyways).

da86ac48365cf178afdbc4455720703c6. Flirt With Him

What better way to show someone you’re interested than by flirting? I think we can all agree that that’s the number 1 sign of interest. So, obviously, flirt with him as much as possible. You can do a bit of teasing flirting (you know, like we all did back in grade school) or you can make a flirtatious joke. Or you can go the easy route and come up with a compliment you know he’d love to hear!

text4

7. Compliments

Okay, I know I just mentioned this in the “Flirting” section- but I feel compliments are SO important that they deserve their own column. Compliments should be done often- whether you’re in person, talking through text messages, or sending a letter. It’s the best and easiest way to flirt. Why? Because you don’t have to sit there and come up with something super unique and exciting. A simple, “Hey Josh you look really good today” is enough to please a man. (Of course feel free to spice it up if that’s what you have in your mind!)

ask him

8. Ask Him If He’s Single

When you just want to be friends with someone, there is really no point is asking if they have a partner or not. I mean, why should you care? You’re not interested in anything romantic and if they DO have a girlfriend you will certainly find out in the mean time. That being said, asking him if he is in fact single lets him know that you have certain intentions that can only be fulfilled if he is single. So go ahead- be a bit risky and ask him this particular question!

friends

9. Ask His Friends

This might come as a shock to you, but men talk to each other just as much as women do. They might not go into all the grimy details, but they certainly know what’s going on in each others lives. That being said, ask his guy friends if they know anything about him being interested in you. If anything, they will tell this certain guy friend that you’ve been asking about him and that they think you’re interested in him. Yeah, it might be a little cheesy but trust me it gets the job done!

confident

10. Be Confident and Independent

Men LOVE it when a women is confident. So, when you’re trying to show him that you like him, it is absolutely important to keep your confidence and independence high. Don’t follow him around trying to talk to him incessantly. Don’t try to get his attention every five seconds. This will only make you look like a clingy, somewhat desperate woman and I guarantee that won’t get you far in the game of love. So keep your cool. (And I know, it’s hard! Especially because he’s SO cute you can hardly contain yourself. But just do it!)

d9aa3acf1aaee6c3ccaadd175e3804c7

11. Give Him a Gift

I’m not saying you need to run out and buy him everything he wants (you should never, ever try to buy someone’s love). But a small gift from the heart is an easy way to show someone you care. Remember how much he loved your sugar cookies you brought to work that one time? Maybe make him a special one with a note that says, “Since you liked these so much”. If he doesn’t take the hint from that, I don’t know what WILL get to the point!

like him

12. Flaunt in Front of Him

You know you got it going on, right? So why not use your beauty and your body to get his eyes locked on you? Now, make sure you aren’t flaunting your stuff in front of everyone. He should be able to tell it’s a special thing you do JUST for him. And trust me, he will certainly appreciate this rather sexy form of flirting.

sport

13. Take Interest in His Interests

Let’s say the two of you are talking about what you’re doing Friday night. And let’s say he is going to the baseball game this Friday night for the local college. You tell him you’ve never actually watched a baseball game but you’re interested in it. If he hasn’t already asked you to accompany him, take a girlfriend to the same game and “run into him”. This will show him that you want to like the same things he likes because clearly you are interested in him. He’ll also love knowing you’re the type of girl who wants to try new things and isn’t afraid to be seen at a sports event!

phone

14. Ask Him Out

This one is pretty self explanatory. If you’re asking someone out, then you are obviously very interested in them. Right? Well, make sure you let him know you want a one on one date, not a group outing. You can just come right out with it and ask him, or you can try to be coy about it. For instance: you could tell him you’re dying to see the new Spiderman movie but you haven’t anyone to go with, then ask him to attend it with you. You could also jokingly say “We should go out Friday since we’re both into Spiderman” and if he says yes, then viola! You just made a date with him and it only took a matter of seconds. Brilliant!

tell him

15. Tell Him

Sometimes men just DON”T get the hint (it’s a sad but true fact). Or maybe he’s just being totally incredibly shy and doesn’t know how to respond to the clues. Whatever the reason is, if you’ve tried everything above and he STILL isn’t getting it, then there’s really only two things left to do.

-You can take it as a loss and assume he isn’t interested in you. Quit trying to show him that you like him and try and get rid of any leftover feelings you had for him and move on. This is a risky option because he might just be clueless or shy and you took it as rejection, never knowing the truth (his hidden love for you, maybe?)

-OR you can be the assertive and confident woman you are and simply tell him straight out that you are interested in him, and see what he says. We like this particular option best because it gets straight to the point and you’ll know right then and there for sure whether he is interested in you or not. However, this approach IS a lot more risky so it definitely isn’t for everyone!

Lisa Lee

February 20, 2016 at 11:31 pm

hi . theres this quiet guy had been showing some signs to me but im not sure if he likes me or no . i asked my friends and they say he likes me but im still not sure . he is my senior of peers counselor and im a junior . he sometimes being a little touchy like whenever he passes me things , he will brush his hand against mine but when he does that to my friend , he would just throw the things to them . also , whenever he stands few meter away from me , he would come closer by taking small steps . and when i talk to my boy close friends , my friend would notice his face would change , he also avoided me for a day . i might like him too but im unsure if he really likes me

February 21, 2016 at 1:06 pm

It sounds like he is showing some of the signs of being interested. Considering he is naturally a quiet guy, it makes sense that he would not be more obvious about his feelings. Now, you just have to figure out what to do. If you like him back, you could try to make a move and ask him out. If you are unsure about how you feel, you don’t have to do anything. You can always just wait in hope that he makes a move, or wait things out to see if you are genuinely interested in him as well. Whatever you want to do, the choice is yours! 🙂

kari

January 26, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Hey so there is this kid I like who… Well he is a geek. He is an introvert, and kinda doesn’t show his feelings. Over the past month or so I have noticed that he has started to sit by me in some of my classes, and tease me in non rude ways. I know his sister, and we get along, so should I ask her? Or go straight for the chopping block and ask him? Agh. Oh and if it helps, we often have “contact” moments I guess. Like where I reach over to click something on his computer and he puts his hand over mine on the mouse, and just crap like that. Please answer, I need help!

January 27, 2016 at 2:54 pm

If you are close friends with his sister and trust her, go ahead and ask her how he feels. He might not tell her how he feels, but there is always a chance. It sounds like he could like you though, so maybe you could just try flirting with him for a bit to see how he feels. Good luck, Kari!

Girl

January 22, 2016 at 4:08 am

Hey
    There’s this guy that I think I like. I’ve known him for a really long time. We go to the same uni but different campuses but recently there was a football game and I ran into him and we spent the entire day together. Anyways we talk a lot more now and he always jokes about that he’s always had a crush on me and he compliments me and talks about marrying me and stuff like that but that might just be his personality. So I think I might like him but I feel like he won’t ask me and I don’t know what to do. I’m scared that I’ll like him more and more since we’re always talking and he won’t peruse anything to not ruin our friendship and since we know each other since family. Ugh what should I do?

January 27, 2016 at 8:10 am

It sounds like he probably likes you. Even if he is joking about having a crush on you, it seems unlikely that he would do that if he was not interested at all. Right now would be a good time to make a move. You guys are getting along great, and you know each other well enough for a relationship to work. He compliments you all the time and talks about a future, so he may just be trying to let you know that he likes you without being too obvious. Good luck!

Sarah

January 5, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Im 20 and I really like this guy at uni, we have a few of the same friends, we’ve text none stop for the past month and been out a couple times together & he pays for everything – I think he likes me but I can’t tell if he’s just being a nice guy and I’m getting the wrong impression – I don’t think he’s the type of guy to be upfront and tell me that he likes me so how can I tell him I like him subtly and not put him under pressure? I don’t want to make things awkward if he doesn’t like me but it’s driving me insane not knowing X

January 5, 2016 at 7:34 pm

If he texts you all the time, hangs out with you frequently and pays for your hang out time, then it seems that he likes you. I do not think that someone would do all of that (especially paying every time), unless they were interested in dating you. He might just be afraid of you rejecting him, so he is waiting to see if you show any signs of liking him back. If I were in your shoes, I would talk to him about your feelings. Make sure to emphasize that you want to remain friends no matter what his answer is, but you wanted to know if he would be willing to go on a real date with you sometime. Good luck, Sarah–I hope that everything works out for you!

kt

December 22, 2015 at 9:34 pm

I really would like some advice also because I feel like I am 15 years old again and it’s driving me nuts.
    I like a single dad at my kid’s school. We see each other every afternoon when we pick the kids up. He always smiles at me and asks me how I am doing. I feel like he could like me but I am not sure.

I have no problem making the first move but don’t want to seem pushy or desperate because it’s at our kids school.

What should I do?

December 27, 2015 at 5:47 pm

You could always ask him for his number so that you can have a play date for your children or something similar. I think that making up an excuse to get his number or just adding him on Facebook with some type of excuse would be a good start without sounding pushy or desperate. You could also try talking to him for a bit longer whenever you see each other in the afternoon so that he has a chance to get your number or make a move if that is what he wants to do. Additionally, you may want to find out somehow if he has a girlfriend so that you know before you try to make a move. Good luck, KT!

Kailee T

October 23, 2015 at 3:30 am

okay, i REALLY need help. i have this crush on this guy and i think he likes me back but im not for sure. He ALWAYS starts the conversation with me when we talk, and its cute that he wants to start the conversation first. i think he flirts with me because he does like a teasey hug when we are playing a game in our adviser class (free class really at school) and hides my phone or slides (shoes) or fixes my part when my hair gets messed up. i flirt with him and be all cute and all, but i dont think im doing a good job though. i need advise on to flirt better or to be more cute or something by him, because i just REALLY NEED HELP like NOW, well in 3 days because were on fall break, any who, i just really need help. can u help me with this? lol ??

October 25, 2015 at 1:14 am

Starting the conversation, going out of his way to talk to you, teasing you or hugging you are all signs that he could be interested in you. As for flirting with you, you are probably doing a much better job than you thought at flirting with him. He would not be so comfortable in talking around you or teasing if he did not at least guess that you like him. Why don’t you get his phone number? Or ask him if he wants to hang out with you over fall break? It sounds like he really likes you, so you could go ahead and try to move things forward.

Sky

October 16, 2015 at 5:26 am

There’s a guy that I like and want to get into a relationship with. It all began in September and started with the homecoming dance. He asked me to the dance and after it was over and we had a fun time, we watched a movie. Both our Hans were a few inches apart and at some point, he held my hand and stroked it gently with his thumb. Eventually, we hugged and intertwined fingers. Since then, we’ve texted eachother on a daily basis. He also works every Friday night with me in October at a haunted house (volunteer job) and scare people. On one night after our shift ended, he hugged me for a bit and we walked together. One of his arms was around me and one of mine was around him. I like this guy, but I don’t know if he likes me. I’m kind of hesitant because of a bad first relationship, but I think this guy could and would make me really happy if we dated. My friends say that he likes me, but I’m a bit slow. If he does like me, what should I do? Play it slow? Or, go for it?

October 16, 2015 at 7:47 pm

It sounds like he is interested in you. Asking you to homecoming was the first sign that he likes you, followed by tracing your hand with his thumb, hugging you and walking with you. He may just be afraid to move any faster, or he could want to wait to ask you out until the volunteer job is over with so that he does not have to get rejected while he is working with you. If I had to guess, I would say that there is an 80 to 90 percent chance that he likes you. You could ask him out, or you could just ask him to hang out with you again sometime. Hanging out is a good option because it will move things along, give him a chance to make a move and it makes it less awkward at work if his answer is no. Good luck!

Kelsie

September 24, 2015 at 2:29 am

Help please!! So this guy is my best friend and he says he used to like me, and everyone thinks he still likes me. He just told me yesterday he is moving in with is dad (who lives about an hour away from the town we currently live in) because he and his mom got in a fight and he can’t handle it. I was to tell him that I like him before he leaves but I’m super nervous. I am wondering that maybe if I tell him I like him he might change his mind about moving and stay if he likes me. But if he doesn’t im afraid he will tell everyone. I have asked some of my close friends and they think I should tell him, but I’m not so sure.

September 26, 2015 at 4:07 pm

I think that you might as well tell him. If he is planning on leaving, he would not have that long to tell everyone else. Plus, once he is gone, people would soon forget about it because his presence would not be there to remind them about it. Additionally, I doubt that he would just tell everyone. If he used to like you a lot, then he probably still has feelings for you and would not want to hurt you like that. I would go ahead and tell him how you feel because otherwise you will spend the rest of the year wondering what could have happened if you had told him. He still not be able to stay because of the problems with his mom, but your chances of getting him to stay increase a lot if he discovers that you like him back after all. Good luck, Kelsie!

isobel

September 22, 2015 at 6:45 am

I have this amazing friend, possibly the best friend that I have ever had, and recently I have been over to her house for the second time, and well….. she has this brother who is older than me by one year ( I am 16) and I really REALLY like him, I know that it is stupid as I have only really met him twice, but I think about him everyday. I haven’t told her how I really feel about him, just that I find him attractive. I have casually asked her what he thinks about me, and she has said that he thinks I’m pretty (despite the fact that she showed him the most unattractive photos of me) and that he has said that he wants to get to know me better, but I have never ever been in a relationship, or had my first kiss, and the last time I had a thing with someone, he hurt me, really bad (by telling me he “loved me” and then getting with my ex-bff) and after that I feel like I’m not really good enough for any guy, or that none of them will ever feel the same about me, I am really insecure and usually give up, but this guy makes me feel different, and I really like him, and want to get to know him…. I just have no idea what to do, and us going to different schools, and me having no phone or social media really doesn’t help. I am in desperate need of some advice, please help…. SOS

September 23, 2015 at 2:39 pm

It looks like your only option at the moment is to just hang out with him whenever you are around your friend. You could also just tell your friend that you like him because she may be able to give you more opportunities to “accidentally” run into him or hang out. If you do not get to see him very often at her house, then your best bet is to get your friend’s house. If you do see him at her house, then you can always try just talking and flirting with him when you are over there.

Sally

September 13, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Hi there… HELP!!!
    I started a new job as a teacher two weeks ago. There is this really cute and kind and sweet guy there and I’m really crushing on him. (I’m around 30 but it’s the first time I feel something like that for someone so it has to be pretty special, I’d say lol).I’ve always been incredibly shy and it’s hard for me to talk to him, even though he’s very easy-going and laid-back (with everyone). As we teach the same subject he kinda shows me the ropes there and that way we converse a little but it’s just short convos about work. I smile A LOT at him, but I have no idea if he notices that or not. I wonder if a guy may kinda sense that someone’s attracted to him or not. I don’t even know if he’s single or not and I can’t really ask others about him there because I don’t know anyone that well there. I heard him answer a phone once and it kinda seemed that he might have been talking to a sort of girlfriend but maybe it’s just my jealousy 😛 The biggest problem is that I’m really shy and insecure though I do my best not to show it too much. If you have anything to soothe my nerves, please tell me 🙂 And wish me luck! He’s really a great guy!!!

September 14, 2015 at 12:08 am

He could be interested in you, but I would not assume that he is just yet. Try to become closer friends with him over the next few months–and make friends with other teachers while you are at so that you have someone to give you information on him. If you are shy, it may take a few months to develop a working relationship or friendship with him. Then, you can always try asking him to hang out with you after school. If you guys have the same free period or lunch break, you could also just casually ask him if he wants to leave the building with you to get something to eat.

Beryl

September 7, 2015 at 5:38 am

Hi,am 22.There’s this guy that came to my work place to buy some sanitary ware .He kinda really tall and has an interesting sense of humor.I had to ask him for his phone number because that is the protocol we use ,when giving a quotation you have to get the client’s name ,phone number and email.He has come twice but i have called him thru the office phone and emailed him about work .I kinda like him but i dont want to sound too obvious.How do i get him to have my number and call me .

September 7, 2015 at 9:40 pm

If you want it to seem more natural, try talking about an event, location or adventure that he might be interested in. For example, if he likes hiking, you could chat with him about the hike you did last weekend. Once you have him interested in something like that, you can casually mention that you could give him your number if he ever wants to check out the same hike. Obviously, you will want to tailor the event to him a bit–if he is not interested in hiking, this would not work as well. Good luck, Beryl, and let me know how it goes!

Abs

September 6, 2015 at 9:46 am

Ok so there is this guy whom i really like. Its just been like 3 months since i know him but it feels like its been forever. I find him looking at me often as he is in all my classes. He also asked me if i was single. He is always sending me various songs through voice messages and ask for my opinion. He also told me that he is in love but it might be with someone else.Does these signs ,mean that he likes me. I have already had a heart break before so i am really scared to continue whatever this is with him unless i am sure that he likes me. Please help me.

September 7, 2015 at 7:24 pm

If he told you that he was in love with someone else, then he probably is not interested. If, however, he said he was in love, but would not say who with, he could have been trying to hint that he is in love with you. For the moment, I would hold off on doing anything other than flirting with him. I would listen to those songs again. If he likes you, he could have been sending you songs that have lyrics that are a hint about his feelings. What songs did he have you listen to?

Kristine

September 4, 2015 at 4:08 am

Hello I’m Krisine. There’s this guy I know and he acts really weird around me… When he talks he’s nervous, he tries to look good, he tries to make me laugh, whenever he says something he looks at me too see my reaction, I often catch him looking at me, he smiles a lot…. Are these signs he likes me ? What do I do next ? I think I like him too… Do I tell him about my feelings or do I wait for him to make the first move ??? Plz help I dunno what to do next…..

September 4, 2015 at 11:28 pm

Those are all signs that he could be interested in you. The only reason he would care what you think is if he is really interested in you. If you are feeling particularly brave, you could always ask him out. If you are less brave, you can just try flirting and talking to him more often, or you could get one of your friends to ask him who he has a crush on. It could take him a while to make the move because it can be rather intimidating, so it will be faster if you get the ball rolling first. At the very least, you want to start flirting with him so that he gets the hint that you are interested in him. Good luck, Kristine!

Laneisha Kennell

August 31, 2015 at 4:22 am

Hi i need some help ive done pretty much all the things you said above except telling him because we are friends and i live in the same house. Ive known him for about 2 years im a shy type of person. Is there a easy way for me to tell him that i like him even though i live with him. Please help.

September 1, 2015 at 12:53 am

Before you tell him you like him, you should be a bit more certain about how he feels. Since you guys live in the same house, it could be awkward if you tell him about your feelings and he is completely uninterested. We have a couple of articles on Her Interest that cover some of the signs that a guy/your crush is interested. If you do a quick search of the site, you will be able to find them and see if he does any of those signs. If he does do some of the signs of being interested in you, then go ahead and tell him how you feel. Make sure that you are alone and gradually bring the topic up–there really are no short cuts or easy ways to do it, other than just telling him. Good luck, Laneisha!

Kelly

August 25, 2015 at 4:46 pm

What should I say to him the next time I see him???

August 25, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Say hello! Ask him to hang out with you, get his number or just ask him on a date! There are plenty of things that you can say to move the relationship forward, and all of the previous options should work pretty well. 🙂

Kelly

August 25, 2015 at 6:26 am

I have a question. Theres this guy that I really like. And I met him through my cousin 2 years ago. So I have knowed this guy for 2 years. And I have always liked him but wasnt sure how he felt about me. And a few months ago, we met up and me and this guy and my cousin all 3 hung out. First time I had seen this guy in 2 years. And Im sure that my cousin has probably told him by now that I like him. Because here lately, this guy has been acting different. If I see him in the store, he will stand there and stare at me. And then when I notice him staring, and I look up at him, he will take off. And every time he sees me, he looks at me and smiles.
    Does it sound like this guy likes me??? How do I tell him that I like him??? Please help me. I really like this guy

August 25, 2015 at 9:36 pm

It sounds like he does like you. Perhaps you could start by just asking for his phone number or adding him online. If you feel a bit brave, you could also ask if he wants to hang out with you (as friends) sometime–you could make up an excuse like you really want to see a certain movie or go on a hike. By doing any of these things, you will give yourself to flirt with him more often and he will get a chance to ask you out or flirt back. Good luck, Kelly!

Kelly Moore

August 24, 2015 at 6:05 am

Hi,Im 22 by the way. Theres this guy I really like and I actually met him through my cousin. Him and my cousin both are best friends. And I met this guy 2 years ago when my cousin had a bad motorcycle wreck. I went to see my cousin every day and then this guy would come on the weekends when he was off from work to see my cousin. So me and this guy both was there visiting my cousin alot at the same time. And when my cousin was able to get up to where he could get out of bed, this guy would come and get him and take him outside and push him around. And the guy I really like would always ask me if I want to go with them or would ask me to come.
    And then back in May,my mom had a stroke and was put in the same place that my cousin was at while he was recuperating. And this guy I like showed up one day with my cousin. And me and this guy talked some. And he asked me my age. And then when they got ready to go, my cousin told this guy something about me that was ssuppose to be a joke but the guy I really like went off on my cousin and told my cousin that it wasnt nice and that he might have hurt my feelings. And told my cousin that he better never hear him say that about me again. And not long after, I was talking to my cousin and he asked me if I liked this guy. So now when I run into this guy, if his hair is messy or anything then he wont talk to me or anything. And if I run into him and his hair is messy or anything then he will hide behind something and waive and take off. And a few times, I have caught him standing there staring at me and when I look up at him, he smiles and takes off. And he smiles alot at me
    Does this sound like he likes me??? What do i do or tell him to where he will know that I like him??? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated

August 24, 2015 at 11:11 pm

It sounds like you may have an easy solution to your problem–just tell your cousin that you like this guy. It sounds like they are very good friends, so you can always ask your cousin if your crush likes you or to find out. From the sound of your description, it sounds like the guy really does like you. He may just be worried that you do not feel the same, so he has held off on asking you on a date. You can either ask him to hang out with you sometime (just as friends, and he can take the hint), or you can tell your cousin that you do like the guy.

Kelly

August 25, 2015 at 6:32 am

I have told my cousin that I like this guy. So Im pretty sure that he has probably told this guy by now that I like him. How do I tell this guy that I like him??? And should I wait to talk to him when its just me and him??? My cousin told me that this guy maybe shy and waiting on me. So any information would be greatly appreciated.

August 25, 2015 at 9:37 pm

Hmm…if your cousin thinks that the guy is shy and is just waiting for you, then you should make a move like asking him for his phone number or asking him to hang out. You could even ask him on a date if you are feeling brave. If you have a chance when it is just you and him, that would be best. Good luck, Kelly!

Kelly

August 28, 2015 at 1:45 am

OK. So I have told my cousin that I like this guy. And I have told my cousin to tell this guy that I like him. But every time, I tell him to tell this guy or tell him he can tell this guy I like him, he always tells me that he will tell this guy when the time is right. And tells me that he will be sure to let me know when the time is right. Do u have any idea what he means about telling this guy when the time is right???

August 28, 2015 at 3:23 am

He may just feel weird about telling him about your crush, and wants to wait until the topic comes up naturally so that he does not have to just put it right out there. At the moment, I would not worry about it too much. Give him a few days or weeks to tell your crush, and then you can start to worry–it could take at least a few days for something similar to that topic to come up naturally.

Kelly

August 28, 2015 at 3:30 am

Should I be getting worried??? Or what should I do???

August 28, 2015 at 7:23 pm

I don’t think that you need to be worried at all yet. Just give it a few weeks, and then you can start to worry. Your cousin may not have even seen him yet, or it could have just been a casual hang out without any in-depth talking–give it a bit before you worry. Everything will work out. 🙂

Kelly

August 30, 2015 at 6:04 am

Ok. So now sure if my cousin has told this guy that I like him or if this guy has told my cousin that he likes me. But every time I mention to my cousin about another guy wanting to take me out, whether it be a date or just a friend, my cousin will tell me that this guy I really like would not like me going out with another guy or he will tell me that it might bother this guy that I like.
                    Any ideas here???

August 30, 2015 at 5:47 pm

He is right–it could bother the guy that you like because it really seems like the guy that you like, likes you. Going out with someone else could cause him to become jealous or it could force him to move on to another girl. If your cousin still has not told him, why don’t you just ask the guy you like out? Everything that you have said made it seem like he really likes you, so you don’t have that much of a risk in asking him out. Good luck, Kelly!

Kelly

September 5, 2015 at 6:25 am

My cousin finally told me tonight that this guy likes me 🙂 What do I need to do or say next??? 🙂

September 5, 2015 at 7:49 pm

You could try asking him out on a date, or you could just see if he wants to meet up with you for a cup of coffee. Congrats on that news! Hopefully, he will beat you to the punchline now and ask you out himself. Good luck, Kelly!

Kelly

September 5, 2015 at 10:42 pm

One of my friends told me that I should give him my number 🙂
                      But I dont want him to think Im moving too fast or anything 🙂
                      What do u think??? 🙂

September 6, 2015 at 6:10 pm

I think that giving him your number would be a great move to make–it definitely would not be moving too fast, and it is an easy first step. Good luck!

Kelly

January 10, 2016 at 9:06 pm

So Im still talking to this guy that I really like. And I go out to his work to see him too. And my cousin has told me that this guy I really like wants to date me and I really want to date him too. But I have just recently found out that he has trust issues due to his past relationship. And this guy that I really like even told me that because of this past relationship with a girl, he was scared of getting close to another girl. What should I do??? What can I do??? How can I earn his trust to where he knows that I aint gonna hurt him like his previous relationship??? Any and all information would be helpful and greatful

January 11, 2016 at 7:56 am

It takes time to earn his trust, and there is no way for you to instantly show him that you are different. Avoid flirting with other guys or playing games because that would only make his trust issues worse. Other than that, you should just get to know him better so that he can gradually start to trust you more over time. Good luck, Kelly!

amy johnston

August 7, 2015 at 3:24 am

Good article. I have a question. I am a single mom and i have a friend that i am crushing on. He will text me to let me know he wants my son and i to come out. He will play with my son for hours. He tells my son that he is not leaving and that he loves him. They go outside after dark and look up at the stars. He is such a great guy. I want to tell him i like him but im not sure how he would react and i dont want my son to lose him cause that is the only guy in my sons life. My friend says that is a sign that he likes me. Should i tell him that i like him.

August 7, 2015 at 9:41 pm

I think that you could just tell him that you like him. Start it off by letting him know that you want to remain friends no matter what, but you would like it if you guys could go beyond friends. Your friend is probably right–his serious interest in you and your son are both a sign that he probably likes you. Otherwise, he would not be so intensely focused on you guys. Let him know how you feel and see where things go!

nickkyy

July 1, 2015 at 11:46 pm

Ugh.! Men are hard to understand
    Fortunately this article helped me a lot!
    Hope it helps you all out :)!

July 2, 2015 at 12:23 am

I agree with you fully. Men can be really difficult to understand at times–especially if you just started dating each other. Fortunately, there are many articles on Her Interest that can help you out. If you need help, take a look around. Thanks for commenting, Nicky–we love it when we get feedback from our readers that an article has helped them. Thanks!

Jaclyn south

June 6, 2015 at 5:32 pm

This was very helpful

June 6, 2015 at 8:04 pm

Thanks for commenting! I am glad that you enjoyed it!