50 Ex-Boyfriend Quotes
Whether you have just ended a relationship or you are dealing with an endless stream of texts from your ex-boyfriend, these ex-boyfriend quotes were designed for you. Knowing that someone else has gone through the same problems can help you to put your problems into perspective. Read through these quotes and let us know if we have missed any of your favorites.
1. Your ex’s prayer might be to see you fail, but you need to prove them wrong.
An ex-boyfriend will often want to see you fail in life or move on to a boyfriend worse than them. It is up to you to make sure that their hopes do not come true.
2. You can’t start the next chapter if you keep re-reading the last one.
Sometimes, it is hard to move on from a past relationship. If you remain stuck in the past, you will never be able to start the work of building your future. Move on and enjoy your life!
3. That awkward moment when you change your Facebook status to ‘single’ and your ex likes it.
This may be one of the reasons why so many people choose to delete their ex-boyfriends and girlfriends from Facebook.
4. It only takes one bad boyfriend to realize that you deserve so much more.
If you are smart, a bad relationship will teach you how to do better next time. Only a fool would date the same type of person after they discovered that they did not work well with that type of person in the past.
5. If a girl understands your bullsh*t, sticks around through all your mistakes, and smiles even though you’ve done nothing for her, then it is obvious she’s a keeper. It is also obvious that you don’t deserve her.
This ex-boyfriend quote is so true. If you keep putting up with his mistakes and trouble, then you do not deserve to be with him. A good boyfriend will not put you through all of those arguments and hassles.
6. When I say “she’s crazy!”what I really mean is “She doesn’t let me lie to her face and she knows that I can’t be trusted.”
If you needed one ex-boyfriend quote to express exactly what you feel after a break up, this is probably going to be the one.
7. It hurts the worst when the person that made you feel so special yesterday, makes you feel so unwanted today.
The weeks before a relationship ends are often the worst. Both people are still committed and want it to work, but they are no longer emotionally present in the relationship.
8. Never go back to an old love because it’s like reading a book over and over again when you already know how it ends…
Although some relationship will work out a second time around, they generally do not. Spend some time rethinking your decision if you are considering the possibility of dating your ex-boyfriend again.
9. Ever looked at your ex and wondered “Was I drunk the entire relationship?”
Unfortunately, I think most people have felt this at some point. After the infatuation has passed, you may start to wonder why in the world you began the relationship in the first place.
10. Don’t cry because its over, smile because his new girlfriend looks like a horse.
This is not a particularly nice sentiment to have, but it is certainly a rewarding feeling for ex-girlfriends.
11. Seeing your ex with someone uglier than you is awesome.
This ex-boyfriend quote may be fairly simplistic, but it is an accurate portrayal of how you feel.
12. When the past calls, let it go to voice mail. It has nothing new to say.
If your ex-boyfriend continues to call you, block him. You already know what he is going to say, and it will not make a difference. The only thing it might do is cause you to feel guilty or upset, so just ignore the calls.
13. The sad moment when you see your ex and they act like you don’t even exist.
This is a terrible experience to have.
14. When your ex says “You’ll never find anyone like me”, just smile and reply “That’s the point”.
If you needed the perfect comeback, this is it.
15. It hurts to see my ex-boyfriend for who he really is instead of who I wanted him to be.
Unfortunately, the idealistic people among us will often see their boyfriends or girlfriends as the person that they want instead of who they actually are.
16. If you’re happy and you know it, thank your ex!
This ex-boyfriend saying is essentially a remake of a children’s song.
17. Love grows where trust is laid, and love dies where trust is betrayed.
If you were looking for ex-boyfriend quotes that rhyme, this is one of the better ones.
18. When your ex says “You’ll never find someone like me”. Reply with “I hope not”.
This is essentially another version of the comeback in number 14.
19. The best revenge that you can ever get on someone who broke your heart is to let them see that you are happy without them.
Go on, live your life and have some fun because you deserve it…and it is truly the best revenge on your ex-boyfriend.
20. One relationship ends, but life goes on. Your ‘ex’ was just a stepping stone to something better.
If you want to put your old relationship into perspective, this is a good way to think of things. Your ex-boyfriend was just a learning experience that set you up for better relationships and personal growth.
21. They always come back—especially when you’ve moved on.
For some reason, it always seems like ex-boyfriends suddenly become interested after you have already moved on in life.
22. That feeling you get when you run into your ex and you are looking your best.
This also reminds me of the feeling that you get when you run into your ex-boyfriend and are looking your worst. Yikes!
23. Ever looked back at your ex and asked yourself “What was I thinking?”
Again, this is one of the ex-boyfriend quotes that relays an extremely common experience.
24. R.I.P to the feelings that I had for you.
After a break up, some girls like to go through a bonfire or a symbolic cleansing of their life. Set up this R.I.P. sign and perform a symbolic burning of all the notes and gifts that you were once given by your ex-boyfriend.
25. Nobody cares about the past, they care about the present, so get over him!!!
To really heal from your last relationship, you have to stop living in the past and focus on your new life.
26. My ex? We’re not friends, we’re not enemies. We’re just strangers with some memories.
This is another one of the rhyming ex-boyfriend quotes: enjoy!
27. Everything I used to love about you is what I hate the most about you now!
I hate having this experience: the confidence you once loved becomes the narcissism you hate, and the intelligence you admired becomes in-your-face pompous behavior.
28. Sometimes it’s better to leave your ex in the past than to bring the same mistake to your future.
29. When you finally let go of the past, something better comes along.
This is not always the case, but you would be surprised by how often this ex-boyfriend quote ends up being true.
30. The worst thing about being lied to is knowing that you weren’t worth the truth.
Agreed. There is nothing worse than realizing that your boyfriend did not believe that you were worth telling the truth to.
31. Not with “stupid” anymore.
If you were interested in making a T-shirt to symbolize your newfound single status, this would be an excellent ex-boyfriend saying to put onto it.
32. I could tell you exactly when I should have walked away…I just cannot tell you that I did.
This is unfortunately very true. In hindsight, it is easy to look back and see the exact moment when you should have given up on the relationship. In reality, it is very hard to actually end things at that point.
33. I deserve more than empty words and promises.
If you have the confidence and self-esteem to accept this truism, then you are ready to start healing and move on.
34. Mom always said to just laugh at my mistakes, so pardon me if I laugh in your face.
This is a bit too blunt, but it is still a rather good ex-boyfriend saying.
35. Breaking up is just like having the worst nightmare after the best dream.
I think that this is one of the best ways to describe how you feel after a break up.
36. Forgive, yes. Forget? Never.
Forgiveness will help you move on, but you cannot afford to forget what your ex-boyfriend did or you could end up making the mistake of dating him again.
37. Never get jealous when you see your ex with someone else because our parents taught us to give our used toys to the less fortunate.
A little snarky? Yes. However, this quote may make you feel a little better about your ex-boyfriend moving on.
38. For females, remember, an ex boyfriend or husband is an ex for a reason.
Whenever you are feeling bad and wishing that you could be with your ex again, remember that you guys broke up for a reason.
39. My ex-boyfriend has one very annoying habit: breathing.
Ouch! This is a bit harsh, but I can understand the feeling.
40. Definition of Ex? = Thanks for the EXperience. Our time has EXpired. Now EXit my life.
Although it is not particularly clever, this quote still works.
41. I am making changes in my life, so if you do not hear from me, you are one of them.
This is certainly another way of telling your ex-boyfriend or even ex-friends that you are starting to move on.
42. As soon as your ex sees you smiling, that’s the minute that they want you back.
What this means is that your ex-boyfriend only wants to get back with you once you have moved on. He may feel afraid that you will forget him or worried that you will find happiness before he does. Either way, you should move on and not look back.
43. The most dangerous liars are those who think that they are telling the truth.
Once you discover that this type of person is a liar, leave quickly!
44. I’m more than just an option.
You go, girl! You deserve more than being someone’s second choice or option.
45. I will always love the false image I had of you.
Hopefully, you can love the false image that you had while recognizing that it did not represent reality.
46. My ex-boyfriend’s status said suicidal and standing on the edge. So I poked him.
Although this makes me giggle, it is actually a terrible thing to do.
47. The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.
You may expect your enemies to hurt you, but you never expect your friend or boyfriend to do it. This is perhaps why the same action hurts more from someone that you love than an enemy.
48. Beware: some people will sell you a dream and deliver a nightmare.
In this case, “some people” refers to ex-boyfriends or soon-to-be ex-boyfriends.
49. The only guy who deserves you is the one who thinks he doesn’t.
If you and your boyfriend both think that you do not deserve each other, then you have probably found the perfect relationship.
50. Sometimes, I miss you. Then, I remember what a jerk you were and how awesome I am. And then I’m like, no, I’m good.
Right after your break up, right down all of the reasons why you do not want to be with him. Whenever you start to miss him, read through this list to remind you why you need to stay away.
Although it takes time, it is possible to get over an ex-boyfriend. Depending on the length and intensity of the relationship, it can take weeks or months. Stay strong because healing will happen—it just takes time.