Dreams of Boyfriend Cheating: What They Really Mean

By on September 6, 2017

When you dream of a boyfriend cheating, it can be quite terrifying. You want to be with your boyfriend forever, and you never questioned your relationship before. Now, you are reexamining every look, glance or gesture.

After having a dream about a boyfriend cheating, you may be afraid that your boyfriend is actually cheating on you. Before you accuse him of cheating, you should take time to interpret what your dream actually means. While this type of dream can sometimes be because he is actually dreaming, this is rarely the case. Often, dreams about cheating reflect what is going on within your own subconscious mind.

dream of boyfriend cheating

You do not want to accuse your boyfriend of cheating. If you do, it can end up ruining your relationship. At the very least, he will be hurt that you could ever imagine such a thing. Instead, you need to take time to analyze why the dream is happening so that you can know the best way to respond.

Something Is Making You Insecure

One of the most obvious reasons for this type of dream is because you feel insecure. This may be because of how you feel, or it may be due to something your boyfriend is doing. For example, you may feel jealous if your boyfriend frequently smiles and flirts with beautiful women. If he has a lot of friends of the opposite gender, it may also make you feel insecure. These are real reasons for feeling insecure, but they do not mean that he is cheating. If this is the cause of your dreams, you may want to talk to your boyfriend about no longer flirting with other women. As for his friends, you can’t control who he is around, although you can ask him to bring you along so that you can get to know the friends and realize that they are not a threat.

If the insecurities are just in your own mind, you have to figure out why they are there. Do you feel insecure because of a past relationship? Are you just afraid of losing him? Are these feelings due to a lack of confidence or self-esteem? Whatever the cause, you need to figure it out and address it. Insecurities can damage an otherwise healthy relationship, so you do not want to let them continue.

You Have Been Cheated on Before

dreaming of boyfriend cheating

Being cheated on is one of the most traumatic experiences you can have. Your boyfriend is supposed to be the one person that you can trust and rely on. When an ex-boyfriend cheats on you, it leaves a sense of betrayal that can last for years. Your current dreams about a boyfriend cheating on you might not be because of your current boyfriend. Instead, they may be due to an ex-boyfriend.

The only real way to deal with these dreams is to let go of the past. The ex-boyfriend was obviously not worth you. He might still be a terrible person, but you have to forgive him and move on. Because of the ex’s betrayal, you are now with a more wonderful, better boyfriend. In a way, you have your ex to thank. At some point, you have to let go of the past so that you can move on.

He Is Actually Cheating on You

dreams about boyfriend cheating

No one wants to believe that a partner is cheating on them. Sometimes, your subconscious mind picks up on cues that you do not want to accept. Perhaps he comes home late without an explanation or hides his phone while texting. He might be neglecting you, or he may seem less interested in lovemaking than normal. Whatever the cause, he may be doing something that makes you feel like he is cheating (or at least considering it). Because of this, you have dreams that your boyfriend is cheating on you.

If this is the case, then be cautious before doing anything. If you accuse him of cheating, it may end the relationship if you are wrong. Think carefully before you do anything and avoid jumping to conclusions. While cheating dreams sometimes mean that a partner is cheating, they often just reflect your own insecurities or doubts.

You Are Afraid of Losing Him

dream about boyfriend cheating

One of the most common reasons why people dream that a boyfriend is cheating is because of a fear of loss. When you love someone a great deal, you naturally feel afraid that you could lose them somehow. He has become an important part of your life, so you are fearful that something will get in the way. This is the reason why you may have dreams that a boyfriend is cheating on you. If this is the case, don’t worry. He is probably not cheating on you or betraying your trust in any way. You are only having these dreams because you love him so much that you are afraid that he could leave you some day.

Someone cheating on you in a dream may also show that you feel a lack of control. It seems like everyone else gets to make decisions, and you are just forced along without getting to choose what happens. If you normally like to plan your life out carefully, these dreams may happen to show your fear of losing control or failing.

You Are Cheating

When you are doing something wrong, you naturally fear that someone else could do the same thing. For example, someone who steals constantly worries that another person could steal from them. When it comes to cheating, this same idea is true. When someone cheats, they can become insanely jealous. They know that they are capable of cheating, so they are afraid that their partner could do the same thing.

When you dream about your partner cheating, it may be your subconscious reflecting your own behavior back at you. If you cheated on your partner, then you may dream that they are cheating on you. Sometimes, you do not even have to physically cheat for this to happen. You may have just thought of cheating or noticed how attractive a co-worker was. Because these thoughts popped into your head so easily, your subconscious became wary that your boyfriend could have similar thoughts.

You Want to Spice Things Up

If you dreamed that you were the one cheating, it does not mean that you necessarily want to cheat on your boyfriend. It could mean that you just want to have some new romance or passion in your life. After you have been in a relationship for a while, the lust stage of romance transitions into mutual affection. While this is good for the long-term potential of your relationship, it means that the passion starts to fade a bit. When this happens, your subconscious may create dreams of cheating. Or, you may dream that your boyfriend cheats because your subconscious assumes that he could be just as bored in the relationship as well.

If this is the reason why you continue to have cheating dreams, then you need to find a way to spice up your romance. Plan a romantic getaway with your boyfriend or invest in some new lingerie. A candlelight dinner or a fun adventure can also help you keep the romance alive.

Ashlyn

July 1, 2019 at 7:48 am

my dream was about my boyfriend and his girl best friend which i hate that he’s friends with her… but i also know that there’s nothing i can do abt it.. anyway he’s in california rn and in my dream he came back and we were at my house and my parents were already making me mad and so i started asking him how his trip to california was and he was like really fun! and how he got to see his girlfriend best friend.. and he showed me pics of them together and then said they were cuddling in one of them… idk if that’s considered cheating but it sure feels like it… i know he would never cheat, but i also know i’m jealous of this girl but i don’t know how to not be jealous of it!! i want to be the only girl in his life!! even tho i know it’s so unrealistic it’s true!!

July 2, 2019 at 1:52 pm

Your feelings are normal and acceptable. However, it is also normal and acceptable for your partner to maintain healthy social relationships with the people in his life. You need to make a decision about what you feel is appropriate for your relationship. If you feel that you need to speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, then do so. However, it is likely that he will not give up on his friendship. Determine what you want for your future and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Ashlyn!

Petergay

June 30, 2019 at 12:23 pm

I had a dream my boyfriend cheated on me right in front of me and he seems to not care . I woke up thinking why am i having this dream what is my my mind trying to tell me ??

July 1, 2019 at 9:06 pm

This dream is not a reflection of reality. However, it is possible that his behaviors have made you feel concerned. If you believe that he may be cheating on you, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. If his behaviors are appropriate, then allow this dream to fade from your mind. Nourish your relationship with your partner by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Petergay!

Sara

June 27, 2019 at 12:54 am

I had a dream my boyfriend cheated on me with a very attractive ‘model’ type looking woman and the worst part was he didn’t seem to care when I found out and expressed he doesn’t want me anymore anyway. Woke up very anxious and sad trying to wonder what this could mean.

June 27, 2019 at 5:24 pm

Your dream is not a reflection of the behaviors or actions of your partner. It is possible that you have a fear or concern in your life. You will find benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times. Nourish your relationship with your partner by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Sara!

Evonne Valentin

June 17, 2019 at 12:54 pm

I had a dream of my boyfriend of 4 years admitted to me he was seeing 3 other women and i asked him in the dream why and how long and he said practically the whole time we were together so i cry and try to leave but he wont let me every where i went in my dream he was following me trying to get me backand i woke up hurt really badwhat does this mean and he takes his phone with him alot in the bathroom the dream feels so real cause i love this man

June 17, 2019 at 9:37 pm

Your dream is a dream. It may be an indication of his behaviors during your waking life. His behaviors may be suspicious, so speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. When he goes into the bathroom with his phone and it makes you feel uncertain or jealous, then you may want to speak with him about looking through his phone. If he behaves in an unacceptable manner, then you may want to think about what type of relationship you want to nourish and what type of person you want as you partner. Have a great day, Evonne!

JorriHelly

June 17, 2019 at 9:41 am

my dream was about my boyfriend texting this girl from tinder and they were exchanging nude pictures and i had asked him who and when this happened, it was that morning in my dream so i broke down crying.. like my whole world just fell apart and i tried jumping in front of a car because i was so hurt by it. and i tried begging for him back but he didn’t want me anymore all he said was “i guess it’s just the genes i’m wearing” and i blames it all on myself because i felt like it was my fault.

June 17, 2019 at 9:31 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your concerns regarding the behaviors of your partner. This may or may not be indicative of his behaviors in your waking life. If he has given you reason to believe that he is not being faithful, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. If he has treated you respectfully, then allow this dream to fade from your thoughts. Have a great day, Jorri!

Nicole

June 11, 2019 at 2:53 pm

I’ve been with my boyfriend for 5 months and everything is great but I keep having these dreams where he is cheating on me and in my dreams it usually happens right in front of me. As in he is making out with these girls in my dream with me stood right next to them. I know that he would never cheat on me because he has had his own problems with that and never wants to put that on anyone and I believe him when he says that. But these dreams feel so real to me that I usually wake up crying and really sad for the next few hours.

June 11, 2019 at 10:04 pm

Your dreams are not manifestations of reality. You believe that he is not cheating on you, and it seems like he has not given you reason to believe that he is unfaithful. You will find great benefit in abstaining from consuming dramatic media. Nourish your relationship with your partner by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Nicole!

June 2, 2019 at 1:31 am

Judy

May 30, 2019 at 9:14 pm

I had a dream that my boyfriend called me by another girls name twice when I confronted him in my dream he just laughed

May 30, 2019 at 10:29 pm

Your dream is not a reflection of your partner’s behaviors. Your dream is only a manifestation of fears or concerns that you may have. It is possible that you are thinking about another person. It is possible that your partner’s behaviors make you feel uncertain about his decisions. Make a decision about what you want for your future. If you feel that it would be appropriate to speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, then do so. Have a great day, Judy!

Judy

May 30, 2019 at 9:12 pm

I has a dream my boyfriend called me by another girl’s name twice when he tried to correct himself I confronted him in my dreams and all he did was laught I woke up and all day ive had that dought I’m getting cheated on

May 30, 2019 at 10:29 pm

dyo

May 12, 2019 at 7:38 pm

i dreamed of my boyfriend cheated on me, i called him and a girl answered and introducing that she is the girlfriend while my boyfriend is with me that time. i ask my boyfriend who is she and asks him, where is his phone that time and he answered he cant answer immediately looking bothered. after that i ran and many people is blocking my way just to caught me and bring me back to him. what does this mean?

May 12, 2019 at 8:23 pm

Your dream is not a reflection of your partner’s behaviors. It is possible that his behaviors during your waking life have caused this dream to appear. If his behaviors are appropriate and acceptable, then allow the negative aspects of this dream to fade. Abstain from consuming violent and dramatic media, as this will prevent similar dreams from manifesting in the future. Nourish your relationship with your partner by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Dyo!

Elisse Laguna

May 4, 2019 at 6:41 am

my dream was about my boyfriend cheating on me with my sister , but still being in a relationship with me. he was hiding it really well in the dream but he was being so cold toward me. it hasnt happened just once i had this dream like 3 other times. i hate it and i wake up all sad. i live with him he cant be cheating on me we are together everyday . so i just don’t understand

May 4, 2019 at 4:54 pm

Your dream is not a reflection of his behaviors in your waking life. You may be aware that your partner and your sister may have a strong connection. Nourish your relationship with your partner by spending additional time with him in person. If your partner gives you reason to believe that he is cheating on you, then determine what you want for your future at that time. Have a great day, Elisse!

Christine Avalos

April 29, 2019 at 8:50 am

I had this dream, for the first time, that my boyfriend cheated on me but with another guy. I was at home setting up for a party and when he got home to us we went into his car to talk. He told me he left to go out with this guy and although in my dream he didnt confess, he was saying everything pointing to him cheating on me with the other guy. The seats to the car were adjusted in a way saying they had sex in the car. Then he talked about how he had fun going out with him but when i would ask exactly if they had sex he would not answer and start getting angry and defensive. He then continued to break up with me saying he was just tired of the realtionship. We have been living together and have kids together. I have never dreamt of anything of this sort and am really looking for a meaning. Please help

April 29, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. This dream is not a sign that your partner is cheating on you or is homosexual. However, it is possible that his behaviors caused this dream to appear. If there is reason believe that your partner may not be respecting your relationship, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. If you trust him, then nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Christine!

Saheli ghosh

March 9, 2019 at 9:08 pm

I am in a relationship for 3 years..my boyfriend is very much caring and loving at me..but i don’t know why sometimes i dream that he is arguing with me for other girls,he helps some other girls Without informing me,he cheated on me…

March 10, 2019 at 5:31 pm

He has cheated on you and you have reason to believe that he is continuing to behave inappropriately. Determine what you want for the future of your relationship. Decide which actions you believe are acceptable for your relationships. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. If he ignores you or treats you poorly, then you are aware of his feelings for you. Have a great day, Saheli!

Saheli ghosh

March 9, 2019 at 9:07 pm

I am in a relationship for 3 years..my boyfriend is very much caring and loving at me..but i don’t know why sometimes i saw that he is arguing with me for other girls,he helps some other girls Without informing me,he cheated on me…

March 10, 2019 at 5:28 pm

Ivy alfabete

January 31, 2019 at 11:47 am

I’ve always dream about my boyfriend cheating on me with one of my close friend and one of his ex.. It felt surreal that I end of crying when I woke up, I have this feeling that he actually is cheating on me.. We’ve been together for almost 2 years now and I’m afraid that he is getting bored on our relationship and I keep thinking negative thoughts.
    His social media? Has a lot of girl friends while me I only have friends that is his friends and I had met already.. I don’t know why I’m having dreams like this.. Is it because its a heads up or I’m over analysing of all what he’s doing? I don’t know.. I don’t want to lose him though and I’ve promised him that I’ll never be a jealous anymore..
    Have a good day!

February 2, 2019 at 2:22 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your fears and concerns. These dreams may or may not have any basis in reality. Since you have dreams about him cheating on you, it is likely that those feelings may have manifested in your waking life. It sounds as though you have promised him that you will not be jealous in the future, which shows that your feelings may have appeared before. If he has given you reason or evidence that he is cheating on you, then speak with him about your concerns. If not, then determine what you believe is appropriate. Have a great day, Ivy!

Coco

January 15, 2019 at 6:49 pm

Sometimes they’re are hard to draw the line between.
    My last I dreamed he was cheating and he actually admitted it to me.
    Therefore when I dream about my new partner cheating I feel it means I need to watch my behavior or I will lose Hindi because of my actions and mistrust from past relationships….
    But then again when there are tell tell signs along with dream who knows what your mean to believe unless you have concrete evidence

January 15, 2019 at 10:39 pm

Dreams are reflections of your thoughts and feelings. You are being influenced by your previous suffering. It is beneficial to ensure that your waking behaviors are influenced by evidence and facts. If your partner has not given you a reason to not trust his behavior, then do not allow these dreams to influence you to behave in a negative manner. You may want to take this time to observe your thoughts and determine what you want for your future. Share your kindness and compassion with your partner. Have a great day, Coco!

Juliet Rodriguez

November 4, 2018 at 11:35 pm

i had a dream that my boyfriend cheated on me but I think he really aint i woke up crying and feeling down what this mean ?

November 5, 2018 at 8:57 pm

Dreams about infidelity are common, and they are often reflections of the media that we consume. Avoid watching dramatic media that this time. It is possible that other influences in your life are causing these feelings to manifest. Perhaps you will find benefit in spending additional time with your partner, as this will strengthen your relationship. Have a great day, Juliet!

Kaya

October 20, 2018 at 1:50 pm

Been with my boy friend for a year an. Half now I’ve always had dreams of him cheating on me with one of my family members i did catch him texting two females but he claim it was because i was neglecting him

October 20, 2018 at 2:28 pm

You caught him messaging two friends, and instead of explaining that they are his friends, he explained that he felt neglected. This is a sign that he was speaking with them due to a emotional or physical desires. Your dreams may be reflections of your knowledge of his disrespectful behaviors. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Kaya!

Cassandra

July 13, 2018 at 5:24 am

The dreams I have are not of my ex they are of my boyfriend now been with him almost 10 months getting ready to be a year in September and I have these dreams alot

July 13, 2018 at 3:02 pm

These dreams may be reflections of the media that you consume. His behaviors may have caused you to have these dreams. Your feelings of physical or emotional attraction with someone else may cause these dreams to manifest as well. Determine what you believe is happening in your waking life. If you believe that your partner is not treating your with respect, then speak with your partner about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Cassandra!

Moonlight

September 8, 2017 at 9:42 am

Hey, so I’ve dated this guy online for 4 months and we keep making plans to meet but something gets in the way… I told him I think its time we break up then he said he thinks so too because it doesn’t seem like we’ll ever meet. And that we should be best friends rather… I said I can’t be friends with someone I’m in love with. He told me that he still wants to date me we must jus hang on a little longer and that he will never find a girl like me again. I told him its better to end things. I still madly love him and regret breaking up. Should I give it another go?

September 8, 2017 at 9:22 pm

You have made your decision. If you want to take this time to determine if you want to change your mind, then do so. Speak directly and honestly with him about your thoughts and feelings. If you don’t want to reach out to him, then do not speak with him. You can continue your relationship with him by sharing your kindness and compassion with him. Have a great day, Moonlight!