DIY Egg White Face Mask
Forget about purchasing expensive face masks in the store; if you’ve got an egg in your refrigerator, you’re prepared to create an amazing DIY face mask right from the comfort of your home- and for the heck of a lot less CASH!
Eggs are undeniably one of the BEST ingredients you could ever use on your skin, especially the face. Eggs are loaded top to bottom with essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that your skin is probably craving. It’s the go-to ingredient when trying to achieve youthful, toned skin that is acne and wrinkle free- who doesn’t want that!?
Nutrients Found in Egg Whites
Like we said before, egg whites are extremely loaded up with nutrients your skin will LOVE. But what are some of those nutrients that we need for the most beautiful skin of our lives?
Protein- yeah, protein isn’t just used to create toned bellies and strong muscles. Protein can also be used on the skin, promoting tissue repair as well as growth. This means that protein fights off wrinkles so you’re left with strong, beautiful, and downright youthful looking skin.
Magnesium- Magnesium is known to reverse the signs of aging and completely slow down the aging process. What does that mean? Radiant skin that’s is refreshed and youthful!
Potassium- Helps to increase moisture inside of the skin so your face is left extremely hydrated.
Riboflavin- Riboflavin works to completely destroy any toxic free radicals that are one of the leading causes of wrinkles.
But don’t just think egg whites work wonders on preventing aging and getting rid of wrinkles. Egg whites are also perfect for those struggling with acne! Egg whites tighten up the pores on your face, leaving NO room for harmful bacteria to enter and grow into full blown acne. The last handy ingredient in egg white is this:
Lysozyme- an enzyme that actually works to kill off any bacteria that can create acne.
How cool is an egg white?
But enough about why egg white masks are so perfect and essential to a gorgeous, young face- let’s talk about the face masks you can make RIGHT NOW!
Easiest Ever DIY Egg White Face Mask
This egg white face mask is NO joke, and it literally only requires 1 ingredient- seriously, just one. And if you haven’t already figured it out, the only ingredient you will be using is egg whites.
For this incredibly quick and easy face mask, all you need to do is:
1. Grab up 3 eggs and separate the egg whites from the yolk.
2. Whisk it very well, as the more you whisk it, the thinner and more easier to apply it will become.
3. Apply a thin layer of the egg white mixture to your face, being careful around the eyes and lips as these areas are more sensitive than others.
4. After 2 minutes, place a piece of tissue paper over the entire area where the egg mixture is.
5. Leave the face mask on for around 25 minutes, or until completely dried.
6. Peel off the tissue paper from your skin gently.
7. Wash off face with warm water.
Sound like the spa treatment? Well you’d be right. Your skin will look much brighter, more youthful, and of course radiant. It’s a perfect mask for acne as well, as it clears the skin, gets rid of ACNE and even helps fight off those pesky blackheads!
Egg White Face Mask with Lemon and Turmeric
If you have any kind of discoloration on your face or have struggled with acne scares, one way to help fight back is with turmeric. Turmeric has the power to reduce the sight of dark spots or acne scars on the face while also improving discoloration. Combined with lemon, this is a powerhouse face mask for anyone who struggles with difficult, long-lasting acne.
Why? Lemon is also a handy ingredient to use when it comes to fighting off discoloration and lightening your skin overall. It’s also a go-to method for fending off and destroying acne and blackheads as this powerful astringent works to kill bacteria that causes acne.
For this amazing DIY egg white face mask, all you need to do is the following:
1. Mix together one egg white with one teaspoon of lemon juice.
2. Whisk together until the mixture becomes frothy in appearance.
3. Add in 1/2 a teaspoon of turmeric powder and blend well.
4. Cover your face with the mixture and allow it to sit for around 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Wash off your face using warm water.
You may to finish off this face mask treatment by applying some olive oil or coconut oil to your skin, as this mixture can tend to be a bit on the drying side, and you want to ensure your facial skin is always generously moisturized.
Egg White Face Mask with Lemon and Honey
This is undeniably one of the most popular egg white face masks out there, and everyone is doing it- whether they are fighting off pimples or simply want a brighter, more youthful appearance. Plus it’s a cinch to create and it smells DIVINE.
1. Place an egg white and one teaspoon of lemon juice in a bowl and combine.
2. Mix together until the ingredients become frothy.
3. Add in 1/2 a teaspoon of honey and blend well. It may take a little time depending how thick your honey is!
4. Wash your face off with warm water before applying to open up your pores and allow the mixture to sink in deeper.
5. Apply the mixture to face and let it sit for around 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Wash off face again with warm water and enjoy the tantalizing benefits of this amazing DIY face mask.
Egg White and Cucumber Face Mask
Get ready to sit back, relax, and say ‘ahh’ with this super hydrating and relaxing face mask!
Cucumbers aren’t just delicious to snack on or use in water as a delicious, refreshing, no-calorie treat; it’s also a wonderful vegetable that’s perfect for the skin. With its many antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients, cucumbers create a great go-to for skin that needs hydration, cleansing, and softening. Paired up with an egg white it’s an outstanding mast that tightens and brightens with ease!
1. Blend one cucumber until it is smooth or slightly chunky.
2. Add in one egg white and blend the ingredients together.
3. Place mixture on the face.
4. Leave mixture on for around 25 minutes. You may even want to put two pieces of cucumber on your eyes for that extra ‘spa-like’ appeal!
5. After 25 minutes, rinse off your face mask and enjoy beautiful, radiant skin that feels invigorated and fresh.
We’re telling you- go try one of these egg white face masks IMMEDIATELY. They are SO simple to make right in your kitchen and you will seriously LOVE the benefits of each and every one, whether you’re in need or major hydration and tightening or simply want to fight off acne for GOOD. You will never use a store bought product again!
Which one of these egg white face masks to you enjoy the most? Do you have a mask recipe of your own? We’re always looking for new ways to love our skin, so share all of your favorites below so we can give them a try.