8 Best Fitness Tips EVER!
You know how you go to the gym for an hour or so, three or four times per week just like the experts say and yet still, you don’t appear to lose any weight and you certainly don’t seem to tone up! Maybe you aren’t making the best of your workout? Are you wasting your time at the gym?
There are ten simple tricks that you can use to really get the most out of your workout time, and even if you haven’t frequented a gym recently, it is never too late to give these a shot!
- Save time and use the treadmill for more than just running. Grab yourself a set of dumbbells and tone while having the workout of your life. For two minutes, walk at a pace that you feel is slow, Then for the next minute, speed up the treadmill and add an incline so you are walking at a very fast pace. Repeat this over and over for 20 minutes in total. Using the dumbbells at the same time, you will be toning up as well as increasing your heart rate and then decreasing it again by changing up the speed and incline. This is a killer workout and one that you can do in just 20 minutes.
- Get yourself a buddy. You are going to be less likely to fail when you have someone to impress so why not ask a friend if he or she will pop down to the gym with you. You can motivate each other and you will be more likely to go with someone than you are on your own.
- Set some realistic goals. You may want to lose a hundred pounds in a week but think about it logically; is it really going to happen? You may say that you want to go to the gym everyday for the next six weeks but come on; who really has time for that? For now, why not say that you want to lose a healthy amount (around a pound a week) and hit the gym three times a week for now for half an hour each time?
- Find a fitness plan that works for you. You may love that plan that says you need to do a 20 minute run on the treadmill before you do anything else but if you have a knee injury, this is not going to get you anywhere. Find a plan that ACTUALLY fits in with what you can do.
- Make sure that your plan actually fits in with your life as well as your abilities. If you can only manage a 20 minute stint at the gym on a daily basis, only do 20 minutes but try to make that 20 minutes really count.
- Find an exercise regime that you enjoy doing. If you hate the gym, choose to play tennis with a friend or go swimming instead. You aren’t going to stick to something that you don’t enjoy so don’t risk it.
- If you are struggling to get started, ask an expert for help. Most gyms will have someone at hand that can create a unique workout plan for you so why not use them?
- Have some sort of inspiration; “thinspiration” if you like. Get a picture of a celebrity that you would like to have the same general look as, and use them to get guidance for your workouts. If you like Carrie Underwood’s legs – try your hand at a good leg work out!