10 Hottest Scottish Actors
There’s something about those handsome Jocks, isn’t there? We’ve all fallen prey to that beautiful caramel accent once or twice before and aside from the Irish, Scotland produces some of the hottest Hollywood hunks and actors you will ever have come across.
If you don’t believe us, why not take a look at some of these beauties? These are the 10 hottest Scottish actors!
1 – Gerard Butler
- Born: 13th November, 1969
- Where: Paisley, Scotland
- Best Known For: We fell in love with him during the 2007 movie P.S. I Love You. Most men will remember him from the 2006 movie 300. There’s been many more – RocknRolla, The Phantom of the Opera, Olympus Has Fallen, How to Train Your Dragon, Law Abiding Citizen… Should we carry on? 😉
- See Him Soon: There is one movie coming out in 2015 – London Has Fallen (which he is currently filming) and a couple of 2016 movies too – Gods of Egypt and Geostorm. Anything starring this hunk is bound to be great anyway, right?
2 – John Barrowman
- Born: 11th March, 1967
- Where: Glasgow, Scotland
- Best Known For: We love him in the recent TV series Arrow but he’s starred in a few more TV hits such as Torchwood and Torchwood: Web of Lies, plus he was Doctor Who for five years. In fact, most of you will more than likely remember him from that.
- See Him Soon: He’s still starring in the TV show Arrow as Malcolm Merlyn.
3 – Ewan McGregor
- Born: 31st March, 1971
- Where: Perth, Scotland
- Best Known For: As we are typing this we are singing the song from Moulin Rouge – Come What May. We absolutely loved him in that movie but we also quite liked him in the Channel 4 series Lipstick on Your Collar, the Star Wars movies, and that weird, dark and thought-provoking hit Trainspotting from back in 2006.
- See Him Soon: 2015 will bring four movies – Mortdecai, Last Days in the Desert, Our Kind of Traitor and Jane Got a Gun, plus one TV movie – The Land of Sometimes. There’s also one film rumoured to be coming out in 2016 too so keep your eyes out for American Pastoral.
4 – James McAvoy
- Born: 21st April, 1979
- Where: Port Glasgow, Scotland
- Best Known For: There’s been a few hits so you can take your pick – 2008’s Wanted, the X-Men movies, The Last King of Scotland in 2006, Gnomeo & Juliet in 2011, the British Shameless TV series… He’s been a very busy boy over the last few years, that’s for certain!
- See Him Soon: If you can’t wait to clap your eyes on this Scottish hunk again, you need to keep your eyes peeled for the 2015 movie Victor Frankenstein, or the 2016 film X-Men; Apocalypse.
5 – Sam Heughan
- Born: 30th April, 1980
- Where: Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland
- Best Known For: More TV than film up until this point although he has been nominated for a Laurence Olivier Award for Most Promising Performer award in the 2003 play Outlying Islands. You’ll have seen him in a few British TV shows though – Midsomer Murders, River City, Island at War, and Doctors are just a few examples. A couple of the movies you might remember are Heart of Lightness in 2014, Emulsion in 2013, or A Princess for Christmas in 2011.
- See Him Soon: The Outlander TV series has been going for one season so far and see’s Sam Heughan playing Jamie Fraser. You should check it out!
6 – Dougray Scott
- Born: 25th November, 1965
- Where: Fife, Scotland
- Best Known For: Well… where do we start? Mission: Impossible II in 2000, Hitman in 2007, Enigma in 2011, the Desperate Housewives TV show, Dark Water in 2005, Deep Impact in 2008… We won’t carry on, we might be here all day otherwise!
- See Him Soon: He’s been busy recently! As well as the TV show Hemlock Grove, you’ll be able to see Dougray Scott in three movies for 2015 – Taken 3 (we are SUPER excited!), The Vatican Tapes and Tiger House. There’s also a movie coming in 2016 starring this Scottish hunk too – Generation Z.
7 – David Tennant
- Born: 18th April, 1971
- Where: West Lothian, Scotland
- Best Known For: Well he was the amazing Doctor Who from 2005 to 2013, plus there was Broadchurch, a very well known British TV show. Believe it or not, there has been a couple of movies for this Scottish hero too – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in 2005, How to Train Your Dragon in 2010 and even the 2011 film Fright Night.
- See Him Soon: Keep watching Broadchurch as he continues in that, but also keep your eyes ope for a movie coming out in 2015 called Reds and Grays – this hilarious looking film is about squirrels and will see David Tennant playing the voice of Robbie! We love a good animated movie!
8 – Robert Carlyle
- Born: 14th April, 1961
- Where: Glasgow, Scotland
- Best Known For: Have you seen the 2007 movie 28 Weeks Later? We loved that movie, almost as much as we loved the first one – 28 Days Later although this guy wasn’t in that one! In fact, we love a good Zombie film or TV show full stop! Of course, you can’t mention this Scottish actor without having a little thought for the 1997 movie The Full Monty – if you’ve never seen the film, you should totally watch it. It’s quite a funny film!
- See Him Soon: The Once Upon a Time TV show is continuing into 2015 with Robert Carlyle playing the part of Mr. Gold or Rumpelstiltskin. There’s also one film too – The Legend of Barney Thomson and he plays the lead role alongside another Hollywood great – Emma Thompson.
9 – Sean Connery
- Born: 25th August, 1930
- Where: Edinburgh, Scotland
- Best Known For: Well, clearly we all remember him from when he played the amazing 007 agent – Mr. James Bond. He might be coming out to 85 years old now but in his day, he was quite the hunk and had a MASSIVE female following… including most of us here at Herinterest. Not just a legendary Bond guy though, he’s been in his fair share of hit movies over the years including The 1990 movie The Hunt for Red October and the 1989 Indian Jones and the Last Crusade.
- See Him Soon: He’s been very quiet for a while and it would appear that he has somewhat retired from his acting positions. Let’s be honest, he’s been knighted now and he’s getting on a bit… It was probably time he slowed down a bit!
10 – John Hannah
- Born: 23rd April, 1962
- Where: East Kilbride, Scotland
- Best Known For: There have been many movies for this guy but a few of the ones that stuck in our minds are the 1999 movie The Mummy, and the 1998 film Sliding Doors. There was also Four Weddings and a Funeral, and The Mummy Returns among many others!
- See Him Soon: He’s been busy recently and has a few movies coming out over the next couple of years. In 2015 you should keep a look out for Still Waters, Bone in the Throat, and Kickback.
Want to see more Hollywood heart throbs? You should check out some of these: