An outstandingly beautiful woman- nay, a sex symbol. A wonderful, loving mother. An extremely talented actress with a heart of gold. We’re talking about none other than the lovely Audrey Hepburn. The “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” star wasn’t just a breathtaking model of a woman with insurmountable talent- she was also an incredibly caring individual with plenty of wise words to share with others. Let’s take a look at some of her most inspirational quotes of all time- that are sure to inspire and enlighten you.
1. “Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it’s at the end of your arm.”
Sometimes we feel like we can’t do it on our own. That we have to rely on the help of others to accomplish the simplest tasks or our craziest dreams. That couldn’t be further than the truth, and I honestly couldn’t be anymore in love with this quote. It is a reminder that we can do almost anything on our own. We just have to remember that we are strong and capable enough to do it. That we should never underestimate our own strength, even when the going gets rough. Just keep going.
2. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life- to be happy- it’s all that matters.”
This is so unbelievably true. In this day and age, we put so much emphasis on things. We get depressed if we don’t have the latest shoes, we get sad if we can’t go to a certain event, we’re unhappy if we can’t afford the biggest house. What we are forgetting is that happiness is the key to life. Even through our biggest struggles in life, we have to remember to stay happy. There are certain things in life that might give you enjoyment for a certain amount of time- like a video game or new shoes- but nothing will give you never-ending joy like being happy.
3. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.”
If that doesn’t inspire you, I don’t know what will. This is a beautiful quote. This is a reminder to not only women, but everyone, that when the going gets tough, it’s still important to keep a smile on your face. And to make this quote even more inspiration, especially to the females, she continues on to say that happy girls are the prettiest girls. Who doesn’t want to look pretty? The lesson here is to stay strong, be happy, and smile no matter what.
4. “I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.”
Sometimes, when the going gets hard, we forget to laugh. We forget the importance of laughter. And Audrey Hepburn couldn’t be any more correct when she says that it cures a multitude of ills. When even the toughest parts of our lives come into play, a dose of laughter always seems to make things better. This quote should not only inspire you to laugh and be happy no matter what, but to always make sure you surround yourself with people who are uplifting and happy. People that will make you smile and make you laugh instead of bogging you down with negativity.
5. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!”
You have probably seen this particular quote at one time or another. It is undoubtedly one of thee most popular quotes Audrey Hepburn has ever said. But it’s so unbelievably true and it’s another one of those things we, as humans, consistently forget. We think when something is too tough or too hard that we should just give up. Well the next time you deem something as “impossible”, just take a book out of Audrey Hepburn’s book of inspirations and remember that ANYTHING is possible- just look at the word! It says “I’m possible”! And you know what, it is. So keep trying until you get it.
6. “Pick the day. Enjoy it – to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come… The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present, and I don’t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.”
There are really so many reasons to love this quote. For one, Audrey Hepburn says to enjoy the day “as it comes”. So often we forget to do this. We get caught up in certain aspects of our day, we forget to just step back and be thankful and joyful for another day to be alive. Secondly, people have a tendency to feel about their pasts- regretting things we’ve done, wishing things would have turned out differently. But that’s just a waste of time. Leave the past behind you and look forward to the future. Don’t be scared of it, just take it as it comes and enjoy every moment of it.
7. “Your heart just breaks, that’s all. But you can’t judge or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you.”
Wow, that’s powerful. Have you ever gone through a breakup before? Then you know how absolutely terrible it is. You feel like your heart is broken to pieces, never being able to be fixed again. You feel like it’s your fault, or they should have done something differently, or you could have said something different to change things. The point is, breakups happen for a reason. You move on from the heartache. So don’t waste your time pointing fingers at your ex when you could be enjoying every day with someone who really loves and appreciates you. A great quote for ladies recently singled!
8. “There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don’t need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.”
Women have a tendency, especially in this day and age, to feel the need to show off their bodies or take a man to the bedroom to show off her womanhood. Well, Audrey Hepburn reminds us that we can represent our womanhood without giving it all away. We can be powerful and womanly no matter what we’re doing!
9. “It is too much to hope that I shall keep up my success. I don’t ask for that. All I shall do is my best- and hope.”
Because even Audrey Hepburn isn’t perfect. All we can do, is try our best, and hope for the best.
10. “Opportunities don’t often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.”
This is so incredibly true! Sometimes we are afraid to take an opportunity in our lives for whatever reason, but we need to remember that opportunities are hard to find and we should take the plunge! The outcome could be something better than you ever imagined.
11. “Why change? Everyone has his own style. When you have found it, you should stick to it.”
So many people are worried about “fitting in” that they go to extreme lengths to change who they really are. But the world doesn’t need replicas, copies, or robots. The next time you’re feeling down about yourself, read this wonderful quote.
12. “The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.”
How can you expect someone to love you if you don’t love yourself?
13. “If my world were to cave in tomorrow, I would look back on all the pleasures, excitements and worthwhilenesses I have been lucky enough to have had. Not the sadness, not my miscarriages or my father leaving home, but the joy of everything else. It will have been enough.”
Because we have a tendency to look on our past in a negative way- right? DON’T! Be happy with what you had and what you accomplished.
14. “You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.”
This could not be any more true.
15. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”
Ah, that’s just beautiful. Material things will come and go, but people will be here till the end of our days. Hold on to each other- close.
16. “If I get married, I want to be very married.”
So many people don’t take marriage seriously anymore. Don’t be that person. Take Audrey Hepburn’s advice and be “very married”!
17. “When you have nobody you can make a cup of tea for, when nobody needs you, that’s when I think life is over.”
A very sad, yet very true statement. There’s almost nothing more important than love, being loved, giving, and being needed. When that’s over, what will you have left? An empty house? Just another quote that reignites the fact that we should cherish people and not things.
18. “Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn’t help if you’re ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up.”
This is a clever, and totally funny way to basically tell women they need to stop being ugly on the inside yet try to put on a false niceness on the outside. And no, eating make-up won’t suddenly make you a nicer person, so don’t even try.
19. “It’s that wonderful old-fashioned idea that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so ‘don’t fuss, dear; get on with it’.”
If only more people were taught this valuable life lesson, there might be a big change in the world. Maybe you could follow in Audrey Hepburn’s footsteps and make this world a better place?
20. “I tried always to do better: saw always a little further. I tried to stretch myself.”
This should always be the motivational quote lying in the back of your head. It should be the quote that keeps you pushing even harder throughout your day. Believe in this inspirational quote and apply it to your life: always try to do better and go further than you ever imagined!