40 Cute Goodnight Texts And Why They Work
If you’ve got someone special on your mind, sometimes the best way the end the day is with a cute goodnight text to them. It’s a great and simple way to let them know you’re thinking of them and to get them thinking of you. Whether you’re already in a relationship with them or you’re hoping soon to be, this is a great thing to do. You’ll get a rush of feelings by letting them know you’re thinking of them and they’ll feel loved knowing that you are. And, if they send a message back, you’ll no doubt be on cloud nine as you dream tonight.
While you may want to send them a message, sometimes knowing exactly what to text someone can be tricky. All too often we’re overcome by our shyness and send nothing at all. This is a big no, no! How are they ever going to know what you’re thinking or how you feel if you don’t find some courage and tell them? Even if you’re not shy, deciding what to write can still be a nightmare. That’s why I’ve come up with a fool proof list of 40 (yes, 40!) of the best cute goodnight texts. There’s a mix of bold, subtle, poetic, wise and loving messages so you’ll no doubt be able to find a message for any mood or situation.
For The Couples
If you’re already in a relationship and are looking for something fun, cute, loving or bold to send your other half, this list is perfect. These cute messages work because they’re something to help you express exactly how you feel towards your partner, something to make them feel loved and to get them thinking of you if they weren’t already too.
- I love you, my sweet.
- I couldn’t sleep until I told you how much I missed you. Goodnight, my love.
- Everyday I love you more than I did the day before. I can’t image how I could possibly love you more than I do but somehow everyday I manage it. I can’t wait for tomorrow to love you more again.
- I started counting one star in the sky for each reason I love you…Then I ran out of stars and I realized the reasons are infinite.
- Goodnight, my prince, my love, my everything. Sleep well and dream of your princess.
- You mean the world to me, don’t forget that. Goodnight and sweet dreams.
- The thoughts of how much I love you are keeping me awake longer and longer each night
- My day has been hectic, it’s been non stop and I never got to see you. It was hard but the thought of falling asleep without saying goodnight to you was unbearable. Goodnight, sleep tight, I can’t wait until the next time I see you.
- You’re in my heart tonight, tomorrow and forever. Sweet dreams, handsome.
- You prove to me more each day why I should love you. I’m going to spend every day giving you reasons to love me.
- I know that you are the one, because when we are apart I feel incomplete. I never want to be without you. Goodnight.
For The Couples To Be
If you’re not already in a relationship but know exactly who you want to be in a one with, you need to read this section. Whether the person you’re falling for is a friend or just a classmate, so long as you know them at least a little these texts are great. I’ll admit, some of them are extremely bold but sometimes you need that and some of them are dependent on having spent time with the person in question too. Either way, you’re sure to find something on the list to suit your needs.
These messages work because they let this person know you’re thinking of them and (if you send a subtle message) they’ll get them wondering why you’re thinking of them and their mind will begin to explore the possibilities of you two being a couple.
- I’ll dream of you.
- Today was perfect.
- I miss you already.
- One day I want to fall asleep beside you and wake up with you.
- Dream of me.
- If I wish hard enough, maybe my dream will come true and I’ll wake up next to you.
- Do you think about me before you go to sleep?
- Sweet dreams, I hope I’m in them. You’re already in mine.
- I want to be the girl you can’t go to sleep without thinking about and you can’t go a day without loving.
For Couples And Couples To Be
Some cute goodnight text messages could be used for both couples and couples to be so instead of listing them all twice I’ve listed them all here. Again, some of them are bold and daring but, like I said before, there’s nothing wrong with that. You need to let this person know how you feel somehow so why not be up front about it?
Here comes a mix of the daring, the sickly sweet and the cutest quotes you’ve ever heard…
- You’ll be the last think I think of before I fall asleep and the first thing I think of when I wake up.
- Dreaming keeps me going. It means I don’t have to be apart from you for so long
- Starlight, star-bright, you’re the only star I see tonight.
- I don’t want to fall asleep because reality with you is better than any dream.
- During the day I keep myself busy and sometimes time passes. By night, I really miss you.
- I’d walk a million miles to sleep with you tonight.
- I keep hugging the pillow and wishing it was you. It’s hard not being with you.
- Goodnight, handsome.
- I just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you.
- Hey! Just wanted to say good night. Sweet dreams. Hugs. Kisses. Rainbows. Moons. Stars. Supernovas.
- You can’t sleep? Me neither. Let’s can’t sleep together.
If all else fails, rhyme. Poems are perhaps the most expressive form of writing there is so combining them with a text (which is often considered rather impersonal) can be a great mix. These cute goodnight poems can be used whether you’re in a relationship or are still getting close to the certain someone.
These texts work simply for the fact they are cute and that an immense amount of thought and love has been put into each of them. Even if you didn’t write them, your special someone will love that you took the time to look them up and feel flattered that you feel that way about them.
- My day may be hectic.
My schedule may be tight.
But I would never let the day end
without saying Good night and. Sweet dreams!
- As the day turns into night, keep your worries out of sight. Close your eyes and go to sleep, all the good times are yours to keep. Sweet dreams & Good Night.
- Goodnight, sleep tight, dream of me with all your might.
- The stars lean down to kiss you and I lie awake and miss you.
Quotes To Use
If you don’t like anything you’ve read so far and would like to take a more cultured approach to texting cute goodnight messages, using a quote can be perfect. Some of the most respected and wisest individuals throughout history have brought us some incredible and much loved quotes on the subject of love. Using them to express our own feelings is perfectly acceptable. So we’re not quite as eloquent as some of these people, that doesn’t mean we don’t love someone as much as they did.
Let’s see what some of these incredible people had to say…
- In dreams and love, there are no impossibilities. – Janos Aranay
- Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone. – Anthony Burgess
- My night has become a sunny dawn because of you. – Ibn Abbad
- At this moment 3.7 million people are sleeping, 2.3 million are falling in love, 4.1 million are eating & only one sweet person in the whole world is reading this message!! Good night! – Anonymous
- If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you. – A. A. Milne
So there you have it, 40 of the best cute goodnight texts, why they work and how and when they should be used. Just remember, all of these texts can be customized. You can change things like ‘my sweet’ and ‘handsome’ to whatever you happen to call your other half and there are countless variations of ‘goodnight’ and ‘sleep tight’ that you could use. For some ideas on what to nickname your partner in both texts and real life, try reading my other article 28 Cute And Fun Nicknames For Your Boyfriend.
It’s worth remembering that these messages should come from the heart. This extensive list is a great starting point but remember to add a bit of personality to the messages.
Please share any other cute text ideas you have, I’d love to hear what ideas you have. Also, I’d love to hear about your experiences too! What texts have you sent? What’s the cutest text message, email or social networking message you ever received? Was it a goodnight message or just a nice surprise? I know, I know – I’m nosey, right? I just love hearing what you have to say!
I’ll let you go now, you’re free to go and try out some of my messages and the tips I’ve thrown in along side them.
Good luck and goodnight!
- 40 Good And Cute Questions To Ask A Guy You Like
When getting to know the guy you are interested it,...
- Posted September 20, 2013
- 50 I Miss You Messages for Him
When he is away, it seems like the world is...
- Posted April 23, 2017
- 7 Vegan Meal Replacement Powders That Taste Great
More and more people are trying to drift away from...
- What does it mean when a guy calls you baby girl?
Ladies, let’s face it: there are a lot of adorable...
- 10 Signs a Guy Likes You but Is Too Scared to Tell You
You have this guy in your life, but you can’t...
- The 50 Best Disney Movies of the 21st Century (2000-2017)
If you grew up with movies, chances are you watched...
- How to Curl Thick Hair
Thick hair is a blessing- and a curse, sometimes. While...
- Posted April 16, 2017
- 120 Sweet, Romantic Words For Your Love
They say action speaks louder than words, but there are...
- Posted April 14, 2017