When a Guy Blocks You: What Does It Mean and What to Do

By on May 16, 2018

One of the worst things about social media is the fact that you can be deleted and blocked from someone’s life without so much as a second thought, in less time than it takes to blink. To be so happy in love one minute, only to find that you can’t even see your BAE’s Facebook or Instagram page the next; there’s only one thing to do when you’ve been blocked by your guy …

When a guy blocks you- what does it mean and what to do 2

Don’t React

Of course, there are a hundred and one ways of dealing with this particular situation, but one thing is for certain — he’s mad or sad and needs a little time. He’s *that* mad he doesn’t even want to see your social media accounts, let alone speak to you. If the two of you try to communicate on any level there’s a good chance the situation will just get worse … and more heated. You’ll both say things that you didn’t mean but the other person won’t be able to forget that you ever said them and that little lover’s tiff you had has the potential to turn into something deeply troubling. Perhaps even relationship-ending.

When a guy blocks you, give him some space. Let him have some time to think and relax. If the two of you have come to blows, chasing him further is just going to chase him away. You shouldn’t beg for his time, nor should you keep chasing him for it. If he doesn’t want you in his life right now, get on with yours.

• Get the girls around and have some drinks and a movie.
  • Invite your parents around for dinner and a catchup.
  • Go to the gym like you keep saying you’re going to do, but never do.
  • Do something else — don’t pine for him, don’t sit and wait for him, just get on with your life and let things play out just as they’re going to.

When a guy blocks you- what does it mean and what to do 3

Don’t React Like This …

If he blocks you on Facebook, don’t message him on Instagram. He’ll block you on there too, and then you’ll need to resort to using Twitter. What if he blocks you there? Whatsapp next? Then iMessage? What about Skype?

If you keep going around the social media accounts, there’s a good chance he’ll just keep blocking you. Take the first blocking as a sign — this chap needs his space.

> > If he WANTS you to chase him around the various social media accounts to “prove” how much you’ll do for him, he’s playing games. You don’t need that drama in your life. Boy, bye! < <

While we’re on the subject of other things NOT to do, don’t scream and shout at him. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again — he needs some space. Shouting and screaming at him is not giving him space. We know that you don’t want to lose your BAE, but hurling abuse at him is not going to keep him in your clutches.

One final point that we feel it is important to bring to your attention — stalking his social media accounts using your friend’s social media account is always a good idea in theory but usually ends up going wrong somewhere along the line. You will accidentally ‘like’ an update from months ago, for example, making him aware of EXACTLY what you’re doing. He’s going to know that it’s your best friend letting you use her account.

When a guy blocks you- what does it mean and what to do 1

Do React Like This …

Spend some time on yourself — treating and loving yourself. Self-care is very underrated but oh-so-vital, and if he won’t love you in the way that you would like him to, perhaps it’s about time that you started to love yourself?

Treat yourself to a pamper weekend or have that extra slice of chocolate cake. You’ll add an extra half an hour on at the gym to compensate for it, right?

Get your hair done. Nails? Yeah, get a manicure while you’re there too. All of those things that you don’t seem to find the time to do anymore now that you’re in a relationship; that’s what you should be doing. Sitting around waiting for him to make that unblock call is probably just going to break your heart. As the saying goes, you should be with the guy who ruins your lipstick with kisses, not your mascara with tears.

When the time is right — when you have both calmed down — you can talk again, perhaps sort out the problems you had or have. But you do need to have calmed down first. You can’t solve an argument by starting a brand new one. You almost must remember that the resolution might not always be quite as you’d hoped.

Angel

February 23, 2020 at 5:50 am

Hi, so mine is a bit complicated one. Since we were of a different religion and caste diversity,we were not planning to get married anyways. But I would marry him if I could. Three days back, we had a bit of a fight and i asked him of he wanted a breakup. He said he is not sure, because he is unable to handle stress. He is working and preparing for an exam. He said he cannot handle stress. And after that day, since we were both hurting so much, he came to my apartment and we were fine again. He used to coe to me everytime he have an off day at work. We just met two days back. But this time he said he wont come because he just came recently. This is the first time he did not want to come on his off day. He said he will come on his next off that is after 5 days. If it was before, he would not wait that long to meet me. So today, i got a bit restless about it so I stressed up and made a fight about it.He said Fuck off and then he blocked me. I called him multiple times and he rejected my calls. And i texted him saying he lose his interest in me and that i will never disturb him again. He just said ok. (when i first started the fight, he seemed to calm me down). I think I crossed his limits, will he unblock me and come back?

February 23, 2020 at 6:39 pm

He has made the decision to block you. This is for various reasons associated with his social and familial influences. Because he made the decision to not nourish a relationship with you, should allow thoughts of him to fade. Determine what you want for your future without him, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere.

Angel

February 24, 2020 at 6:55 am

Thanks for that. He did unblocked and apologized, but he did not have the passion and eagerness to see me anymore. He did say he did not wanna leave me, but he said he need to make a bit of a distance and concentrate on his health and studies.
        Thanks for your reply.

February 24, 2020 at 6:31 pm

It is clear that he doesn’t know what it is that he wants for the future of your relationship. Because of this, you need to make a decision about what you feel is viable. You may want to focus your emotional energy elsewhere, as this may help draw positive people and energy into your life.

Nish

February 22, 2020 at 10:02 pm

So I’ve been dating this guy for a month now. Sweet, kind, fun, caring everything I’ve ever wanted. He started saying he loved me, he wants me to be his gf, & he wants to be the guy that’ll stay with me till the end etc…we both live in the same state, different cities, 1 hr by plane….so he kept asking and begging when I’d come to see him, as I wanted a mini getaway since I take care of my parents…so I booked my ticket weeks ago, and we talked about how excited we were to see each other, plans when I visit him, how much we’ll hug/kiss one another I’m person…I flew out to see him today, & none of my texts were going thru to him, my FaceTime calls weren’t going thru either…yet the other iPhones I was texting were receiving my messages…my friends tell me he’s blocked me, I have no idea why or what lead up to it bcs we didn’t have any tiffs or anything that could’ve lead upto him acting this way…he He all my flight info, but never showed up at the airport to pick me up,..I waited for 5 hrs, then decided to rent a car & drive down to his house to atleast catch a glimpse of him before I flew back home tonite…when I reached his house an hour later, his romaine said he’s not home, so I waited in the rental car for another 2 hrs…I went back and asked his roommate if he heard from my bf & he said “yes he said he’ll be back later on, if u wanna come back again later”…however my flight was at 6:30pm, so there was no way I could’ve come back later…I cried and cried not knowing why all this was happening & what I did to deserve this?!…I finally left after 2 hrs of waiting, back to the airport…I replayed every little thing he ever told me, that we ever talked about & it doesnt add up to him standing me up at the airport, blocking me, & not even coming to his house when I drove all the way down there…I had to do all this for myself, I wasn’t going to fly back home without seeing him even if it was for 2 mins….though I came back empty handed, filled with hurt and humiliation…once reaching back to the airport I texted him once saying “I came”, and all of a sudden my text was delivered to him…after that I remained silent….sorry for the long story, but I couldn’t leave the details out…I feel defeated, hurt, and it almost seems like a nightmare…did I really go thru all of this? Did he really do this to me? WHY I’ve been nothing but caring, loving, positive in all honesty.

February 25, 2020 at 4:19 pm

It is clear that this person chose to treat your poorly. There may be various reasons for his behaviors, but it is clear that he is not someone that you want in your life. Be thankful that he has shown his true colors, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere. Learn from this experience and apply that knowledge to your future relationships.

Sis

February 21, 2020 at 6:45 am

Hello, I was blocked by a childhood friend that I reconnected with in October after not seeing each other for many years. We didn’t talk for maybe 3 weeks or so at the end of the year. New Years we started talking again and became intimate a couple of weeks ago. He’s a great catch that I’m sure has options. My confidence is pretty low and it showed, I acted as if I was not good enough and untrusting to him. He shared with me that it bothered him. Well fast forward, he reached out to me on Vday via text and during the conversation I told him I didn’t expect to hear from him. That mad him angry and he blocked me after telling me he is single. He’s told me he was single before and I guess I gave the vibe that I didn’t believe him. After being blocked I left an angry vm saying I blocked him as well. However I apologized via text app and let him know I was fighting a feeling. He didn’t say anything so I left it, I just wanted to apologize. I’m leaving it at this point and wondering should I give it some time and reach out or let him reach out to me. I think my negative attitude was to much for him!

February 25, 2020 at 4:57 pm

You are correct. He shared his concerns about your attitude, and you continued to behave in that manner. This eventually led him to conclude your relationship, and this involved blocking you. It is clear that this relationship is no longer viable, so determine what you want for your future without him. Focus your emotional energy elsewhere, and apply the knowledge that you learned from this relationship in the future.

Sis

February 26, 2020 at 3:36 pm

Thank you! I will definitely work on me.

February 26, 2020 at 4:07 pm

Good luck!

Anonymous

February 21, 2020 at 5:45 am

I’ve been talking to a childhood friend since the end of October. We had a break for about 3 weeks at the end of the year. Lately we were hanging out and it became intimate a couple of weeks ago. I can’t describe the feeling. It was different, we have always seemed to bond over our Tragic childhood (Moms were friends). He’s a great catch I know he has options, and never saw him wanting me as more than friends. I was honest and told him I was infatuated, but I also always acted like I wasn’t good enough and very untrusting. He texted me on Vday and I was honest and told him I didn’t expect to hear from him, that mad him angry. He basically blocked me. I got angry back and left an angry vm then apologized via a text app the next morning and told him I was fighting a feeling. I think my lack of confidence and not trusting attitude lost him. He told me several times he was single and figured I didn’t believe him. I did, I just knew he had options. I’m leaving it at this point. Do you think he will reach out again?

February 25, 2020 at 4:58 pm

Liv

February 17, 2020 at 6:07 pm

heyy. so me and my bf had been seeing eachother for a little over a month now. he is the man that has treated me the best thus far compared to all my other relationships. We met on facebook and then he asked for my instagram and i gave it and we continued to speak through there before I eventually got his number and Snapchat. We used to talk multiple times a day in the beginning and we both used to initiate with no problem. Now we talk a little less than usual probably a 2-4 times a week but he has a job and I went back to college (we live in NYC and I also go to college in NYC) so that part isn’t what concerns me too much, just a little bit annoying. What did raise a bit of concern was that he blocked me on Instagram and is seeming to lie about it. i noticed it last Saturday, the day after I last saw him when I went to go DM him. I tried asking about it in a roundabout way at first but he claimed he deleted it. I know this is most likely a lie because I have a second instagram page dedicated for my art and I was able to find him and that he even posted something new. I originally left it alone after that and we continued on per usual. His conversation has been getting a bit erratic lately but then on Wednesday he randomly started texting me and even told me ‘i love you’ for the first time and the conversation was nice and he even ended with a ‘goodnight beautiful’. Since then things have been a little quiet but I tried to ask more directly today about him blocking me and he just left me on read. Am I overthinking things? Should I be concerned or approach him more directly about it in person? It’s especially weird because he has me blocked on Instagram but nowhere else. Advice on how to go about this/dealing with this? thank u so much

February 17, 2020 at 8:03 pm

Perhaps it is an accident, or perhaps there is something he is posting or doing that he doesn’t want you to see. I’m really not sure why someone would block someone on Instagram if they aren’t up to something or wanting to break up, but you said he told you that he loves you. It doesn’t sound like you are deep enough into the relationship to really have a deep conversation about this, so I might just date him a bit longer and be cautious about your heart for a while. Once you know him better (or if it comes up naturally in your conversation), you can always try bringing up this topic with him.

Paris

February 17, 2020 at 10:20 am

So me and this guy were talking since New Years. He was a good guy. He was nice, sweet, loving, and was spiritually fulfilled. Which impressed my parents and impressed me. I started off not giving him much time because I didn’t want to seem desperate, but over time we started talking more and we grew a bond and I started liking him more. So on Valentine’s Day, we got into our first argument. It was basically about the fact that I kind of had trust issues with other relationships in my past. My mistake was that instead of arguing with facts, I argued out of emotion and made it seem like I was accusing him of my doubts. Which he retaliated and said that he does care for me and that he does generally like me and wanted to build into a relationship. So after the argument, I was the one to ask for space and he said okay. A day after, I gave him a well thought out apology because I was generally sorry about what I said and he blocked me on just Snapchat and my main Instagram account. He still follows my spam account and saved my number. On his spam, the day of the argument, he said “I think I might be getting a little too attached” and some girl commented, “oop, get unattached”. He responds with “done” two days later and the girl liked his comment. It’s been 3 days since he blocked me and I’m not going to lie I miss him a little, but I avoided all contact what-so-ever because now I feel disrespected. What am I supposed to do now? Should I text him or wait on him to text me?

February 17, 2020 at 7:53 pm

I would wait for him to text you. He is the one who blocked you, so you need to wait and let him cool off. His comment of “done” may have just been in the heightened emotions that happen right after you break up with someone, so he might not mean it as much as it sounded like. Fights happen in a relationship, so there is always a chance things will work out as long as he decides the relationship is worth it for him.

Nikki

February 16, 2020 at 9:17 am

Also, I apologize my phone was glitching so it posted the same thing I see a few different times!

February 16, 2020 at 7:19 pm

Don’t worry, it happens all the time! Thanks for commenting!

Nikki

February 16, 2020 at 9:14 am

He blocked me on everything but Facebook.. Should I just wait for him to message me or just stop wasting my times with this guy and not apologize? It’s hard. I was really looking forward to being with him but I just can’t date rn.

February 16, 2020 at 7:19 pm

I wouldn’t waste your time on the relationship. If he blocked you on everything other than Facebook, then he is clearly trying to send a message that he doesn’t want to talk to you or be with him. I’d move on because trying to talk to him when he is in this kind of mood would only make things worse.

Shree Aiyer

February 16, 2020 at 1:19 am

So, this guy used to tell me that he has no network and used to be on social media, having fun with others, that I accidentally found out. I showed my displeasure over that to him in a subtle way. Later on, he created another SM account and blocked me there, citing that he was checking about if I stalked him. But he talks to me on calls and whatsapp though. I don’t know what to make of it and how to deal with this?

February 16, 2020 at 7:37 pm

That doesn’t sound good. While I’m sure that there is some other reason why a guy would have social media and not tell his girlfriend, the only reason I can think of is that he is trying to hide his social media usage from her because he is cheating or looking to cheat. The fact that he makes up a reason about it and tries to blame you (because you’re “stalking him” on it) makes it even more likely that he is up to no good online. I’d be very, very wary about it.

Ophelia Akuoko

February 15, 2020 at 2:14 pm

He ignored me on this Valentine and travelled to had fun,l also ignored his calls afterwards and now he has blocked my contact, what do l do?.

February 16, 2020 at 7:53 pm

He shouldn’t have ignored you, although it is entirely possible that he forgot about Valentine’s Day or didn’t realize that you cared so much. Since you did ignore his calls, he probably assumed that you weren’t interested anymore and decided that he’d retaliate by blocking you. Now, all you can do is wait for him to unblock you. If you can contact him some way, then apologize for not answering the phone and leave it at that. Afterward, it’ll be up to him to respond and make the next move. Good luck!

Lily

February 22, 2020 at 10:18 am

This guy has a girlfriend and I was just his friend and also I am in a long term relationship. We weren’t that close but there was some tension and he would message me once or twice a day. So one day he confessed that he finds me really attractive and his girlfriend doesn’t like him talking to me so he only contacted me on whatsapp as she had his facebook password. After listening to that I turned him down politely saying this is wrong and we shouldn’t talk anymore. He said he would do anything I say so we stopped talking for a while. After one month he contacted me again saying he missed me and apologised for texting. I told him it was okay but tried to keep our conversation as brief as possible. He intended to start that back and forth messaging pattern again so at one point I stopped replying to him. Few days later he blocked me on whatsapp but not in any other social media. I am just curious to know what was he thinking that made him block me?

February 25, 2020 at 4:36 pm

He made the decision to block you because it was clear to him that this relationship was not viable. It is likely that his partner was aware of his behaviors and spoke with him about her feelings. It was good that you did not attempt to nourish a romantic relationship with someone who had a partner. Allow this experience to guide your actions in the future.

Nikki

February 14, 2020 at 6:56 am

So this guy I was seeing for a couple months just blocked me on insta and blocked my number and he’s never done that before, usually I’m the one doing all the blocking. He’s expressed he likes me and wanted to be with me before but my current relationship status is complicated.. so we were pretty much just hook up buddies. I started to develop feelings for him but he’s a drunk, and I’ve been trying to get sober.. well the last time we hooked up was Saturday and I unblocked him to see what he was up to (I was drunk and so was he) and he wanted me to come over. Well this time was different he was a douche to me saying unessecary things and like wouldn’t really even have sex with me so I was mad and told him that I don’t like him and he’s pretty much just my “friend with benefits” I also sent an insta meme that to me was funny but sounded pretty “Hoe-ish” talking about when you go over to a f*ckboys house bc your other guys didn’t answer.. so idk if that was a breaking point, but he didn’t reply, then I wished him a happy birthday the following day, no reply. 3 days go by and boom blocked. I don’t know if he just doesn’t like me anymore or is seeing someone else but I feel bad for my part and don’t know what to do.

February 14, 2020 at 1:08 pm

You have been blocked. He has made his feelings clear. He is no longer interested in maintaining a relationship with you. There is no reason for you to interact with him at this time. If he reaches out to you in the future, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings at that time.

Nikki

February 16, 2020 at 9:06 am

February 16, 2020 at 7:18 pm

Bridget

February 17, 2020 at 2:12 am

Hi my guy is mad at me i dont know why he is declining my calls and je ignorès my messages and whn i called he jst blocked me on whtsapp he does not want to tell me whts going on

February 17, 2020 at 8:14 pm

If you were dating and he blocked all of your calls and ignores your messages, then he is probably trying to send you a hint that the relationship is over. Even if he reached out again at this point, it is unlikely that things will work out if this is the point that he feels the relationship has gotten. Now, all you can do is focus on moving on and healing. Good luck!

Tolu

February 14, 2020 at 12:27 am

So I have this crush and I recently started trying to get to know him. We got talking on WhatsApp and I felt been were getting really close. But yesterday he did something I didn’t like and I told him about it. He got really mad and said he was tired of me, so I left him and updated my WhatsApp status to a sad smile, to which HE commented that the smile wasn’t real. I replied him that what did he care and then he apologized. I told him it was ok. A few minutes after this I realized he had blocked me. He blocked me for a few hours. I don’t understand what I did wrong and why he would apologize for his behavior and then block me. Should I be mad?

February 14, 2020 at 1:21 pm

You should allow thoughts of this person to fade. These behaviors are signs that he is not someone that you should maintain a relationship with. Allow these experiences to guide your actions in the future. Determine what you want for your future without him, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere.

Otobong

February 12, 2020 at 4:57 pm

I met this guy in April 2019, we exchange numbers and got talking. Things were moving on well and we were fine but out of no where he started behaving oddly and then told me he wanted to be just friends. I agreed but though it was hurting by December, I decided to message him and he replied only for the next morning he blocked me without any reasons and I was shocked cause we never quarreled.

February 13, 2020 at 8:19 pm

He may have just expected things to get worse. Some people can’t handle being friends after a break up (which is entirely understandable), so he may have thought that this was the best option. He may have also experienced what it was like when someone couldn’t handle a breakup, so he decided to block you before anything could happen. Whatever the case, it seems like he has decided that he’d rather not be friends at this point.

Nikki

February 14, 2020 at 6:47 am

February 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm

Shelbee

February 11, 2020 at 5:40 pm

I dated a guy long distance 5 years ago and he broke up with me because he couldn’t do it anymore. We still kept in touch over the years via texting and remained friends. Last spring we met up and wound up hooking up one night. We went our separate ways, but kept in contact. This past fall he started texting me more and we made plans to see each other again. A few weeks before we were supposed to meet, he messaged me saying he ran into an ex and wanted to see where things went with her, so our trip to meet up was off and we couldn’t text as often as we had been. I was upset, but played it cool and just gave him the “it is what it is” message. I left him alone, but after awhile, he started texting me again. He finally called me and said he decided he couldn’t be in a relationship with anyone right now, but wanted me to meet up with him in March. I said I would. The more we communicated, the more I was falling for him. I decided I was going to end up being hurt, so I told him I couldn’t meet up with him because it wasn’t good for me. He said he hated missing a weekend with me, but he understood and respected my opinion. He then added he was sorry, he loved me and missed me. The next day he unfollowed me on Instagram and blocked me on Facebook. I’m so confused. To me, we ended things amicably. I never blocked him when he dumped me. We weren’t even dating, so why would he do this?

February 11, 2020 at 10:50 pm

He didn’t block you because things ended badly or he is angry at you. He blocked you because he just can’t handle being friends with you right now if there is no hope of being something more. I wouldn’t worry about it because you didn’t do anything wrong. Some people just can’t handle talking to someone they previously cared about, and they don’t want to see photos of them moving on in life and dating.

Nikki

February 14, 2020 at 6:55 am

February 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm

Casey

February 11, 2020 at 11:00 am

I reconnected over the holidays with my first ex from over ten years ago. We immediately realized something was definitely still there and shared that we have the same feelings for each other. We live in different states but both thought it was worth giving this a shot bc of our feelings this strong after all this time. We’ve been in this relationship without the title since I’ve been back home and he’s been the one initiating contact. He bought plane tickets to come see me for a few days which was his idea and would’ve been a month after we were apart. Several weeks ago he wanted space for several days and said he thought we should just end this before it starts if it’s only going to end at some point. After talking, he thought we shouldn’t make any decisions that night and should continue having open communication about this. A few days later after we had a great several hour long convo, I asked him what he’d decided about seeing me. He asked if he could see me 3 weeks later so he can work on better communication and perhaps see a therapist to deal with his issues before seeing me. That made sense to me and I was fine with that. We had great conversation after that and he said he wanted me to realize how much more of an effort he’s making with initiating calls and FaceTime and he said how much he loved talking to me and how much he missed me. A day after that, when I’m talking to him about changing his plane tickets, he eventually says that he just has cold feet. I call him and he said that he shouldn’t have said that to me, that he’s just tired and nervous about seeing me for that long and asked if we can talk about it the next day. I said that was fine. That’s the last I’ve heard from him. So it’s been just over a week and several days after that, I saw he blocked me on Facebook and on the phone. It’s just left me so confused and hurt and wondering whether he just needs a ton of space or it’s over and he’s ghosting me without explanation.

Casey

February 11, 2020 at 12:57 pm

Also when I was home over the holidays when we reunited, he told me one night that he sees himself marrying me, having children with me, spending the rest of his life with me and that terrifies him. I know he self-sabotages by nature. It just feels like that’d exactly what he’s doing with us. I’m scared I’ll never hear from him again and don’t know whether this is him taking a break to thing everything through in an extreme way by blocking me or him just running away permanently.

February 11, 2020 at 10:57 pm

I would give him time. He obviously can’t handle seeing your Instagram feed and talking to you right now, so you can’t do much at the moment anyway. He will probably change his mind at some point, and then you can always reach out to him to see if he feels differently.

Casey

February 12, 2020 at 9:22 am

I was thinking of waiting two weeks before sending him an email/LinkedIn message where I know he’s not blocked. You think he’ll change his mind about not having the cold feet anymore or about talking to me?

February 12, 2020 at 10:19 am

You should not reach out to him over professional social media websites. If he reaches out to you in the future, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings at this time. It is clear that he has concerns that he is dealing with, and he made the decision to block you. Focus your attention elsewhere at this time.

February 11, 2020 at 11:00 pm

While it is possible he’ll reach out again, it definitely sounds like he is ghosting you. For whatever reason, he has cold feet and just can’t handle the idea of a more committed relationship. Rather than just be honest and talk to you more about his feelings, he took the coward’s way out. The only bright side is that you at least found this out sooner rather than later.

Casey

February 12, 2020 at 9:27 am

Do you think that I should give him two weeks of space before reaching out via email/LinkedIn? Things were great between us before he randomly said he had cold feet and decided to block me. I just feel like he got freaked out about making changes to the plane tickets he already bought to see me and just let his fears set in about seeing me, being in a relationship, etc. that he couldn’t handle dealing with it so he chose to run and hide.

February 12, 2020 at 10:19 am

Casey

February 12, 2020 at 11:55 am

It’s easier said than done to not focus on it. I’m scared I’ll never talk to him or see him again. Is there a good chance he’ll change his mind and this disappearance is only temporarily? You said that originally and also that he’s def ghosting me so don’t know which one to think.

February 12, 2020 at 4:31 pm

You are absolutely right that it is easier said than done. I think most people end up ruining any chance of having a relationship again by crying, texting a lot or literally going crazy after a break up. MRI studies show the brain looks insane after a break up, and anyone who has ever had relationship problems can probably understand. The hard part is giving him the space he needs to decide his feelings. He is ghosting you right now, but that doesn’t mean he won’t eventually change his mind and reach out again. Whether you reach out to him first or not is up to you, but I’d definitely give it at least a couple of weeks if you want to have a chance of this relationship working out.

Casey

February 12, 2020 at 4:59 pm

That makes sense and isn’t surprising about the MRI studies. It’s hard bc there wasn’t a break up. We were even closer lately than we had been when he randomly said he just has cold feet when we were talking about confirming changing his plane tickets to visit me for the first time since the holidays. Fortunately I wasn’t blowing up his phone despite not hearing from him and discovered a few days later I was blocked. It just felt like an extreme reaction from him getting scared about the seriousness of us. So he freaked out by doing that rather than talk to me first or think things through. I’m definitely giving him space now for the next couple weeks before trying to reach out to him.

February 13, 2020 at 7:54 pm

Hopefully, that will end up working. Good luck!

Nay

February 11, 2020 at 8:45 am

Hey
    So I started talking to guy who is my neighbor. At first he was crazy about me but I wasn’t really into him. He was willing to do everything with me he would go to work for me. He would go any where with me but I was crazy for him. Until I found out he started talking to this girl and I got jealous and then I found out that he not in love with her as he is to me and I started talking to him and he told my mom that he would stop talking to her if I told him that I’ll give him a chance and he did we started a thing for a few weeks he would tell stuff about that he didn’t like and how annoying she was. And then me and him actually started liking each other he would spends holidays with me. Until I notice one day the girl he was talking with sent me a friends request so I accepted and she started talking about if I was talking to him if I liked him and I told her yes we talking but if there drama she can have him cause I dint want any drama and then she reply if you guys are talking I dint want to get in between stuff. I dint want to be someone second choice. And then he texted me saying I dint know why she saying that I’m talking to her when I’m not and he also said she not gonna get in between stuff so I said okay that fine. And few days passed we were good and few weeks passed we were still good and then on Sunday of that week I saw that she posted a picture of him with his face covered when he sending me snaps of him in church. And I started freaking out telling him so your with her and he would tell me no I’m with my aunt and I ignored him and swipe up on her story and said sum I shouldn’t of said nothing. But things got heated and he texted me saying what I told her and thing just got out of hand that he blocked me from everything and told me that he would try and fix things with her. I know he didn’t mean that I know that he still loves me but now I’m blocked from everything and I dint know what to do. He told my mom that he would give me a second chance but that he had to think about it it been almost a month since this happen and I dint know what to do. I just want him back and fix things I know he loves me and not her and I know he mad at me but it’s been a month and I just want us to be good

February 11, 2020 at 11:08 pm

It’ll be up to him whether he comes back or not and when he comes back. It sounds like the other girl was deliberately trying to make you jealous and get you two to break up. Unfortunately, she succeeded. If you do get a chance to be with him again, I’d delete her from social media. If he was with her and cheating on you with her like she implied, why would she add you online? And why wouldn’t she yell or get upset with you? The fact that she never got upset or anything seems to indicate she was making most (and maybe all) of the things she said.

Erika

February 10, 2020 at 9:46 pm

We have been talking continually for 4 months, but because of the gaps between those months ( I mean we have several times stopped and reach out again) we only meet for 3 times. Until last Monday he stopped responding me for a week, that Friday I bring him a present and after that there was also no response so I stopped texting for 3 days. The next Monday I brought him some fruits so he can eat in his office, after that he blocked me. I don’t know what’s really going, everything seemed very good until he just stopped responding.

February 11, 2020 at 11:25 pm

It seems like he just didn’t want to break up with you in person. He stopped texting because he wanted to end things, but you didn’t understand because it seemed reasonable to you (and me, too) that he might be busy for a couple of days. When just not texting back was not enough, he blocked you because he didn’t want to deal with it. I don’t think you did anything wrong–it sounds like you were a very thoughtful partner.

Elina

February 10, 2020 at 5:27 am

Hey,
    I’ve never been in this situation before and I feel horrible.
    I started dating a guy who was almost too good to be true. Everything just clicked with him and he made me laugh every time we met and it felt right. I know this might sound naive but I was really thinking that he could be the one.
    We dated less than a month and then I needed to move back to my home country. He promised to make things work and he was planning to visit me in two weeks once I get everything organised in my country. We also had some plans how to make things work. I was supposed to go back to work to the country where he lives in and where we met in the summer. It was all realistic after all.
    The last week in the same country was really difficult for me and I was feeling really sad and anxious most of the time ‘cause one of my best friends funeral was the following week and generally speaking I was a bit stressed going back to home.
    That week was also a bit difficult with that guy and he felt distant but he was also working most of the time and really stressed because of work. Since I told him what was going on my mind, he understood me and everything was okay.
    When I got back to my home country everything was okay and I asked for a phone call on Monday. He promised to call me on Tuesday. I asked again on Tuesday and he promised to call me on Thursday. On Thursday I asked one more time and he said he would call me back but he never did. He also told me during those days how much he’s missing me etc. On Friday I didn’t send him anything and neither did he.
    On Saturday was my friend’s funeral so I phoned him after that and asked him to call me back. Nothing happened and I was feeling quite sad so I texted him that “I’ve been waiting for your call since Monday and on Wednesday was my birthday but I really wished that you would have called me today. I didn’t realise if you want space but I want you to be near me”. He’ had said earlier that he would be here for me ‘cause he knew that it was difficult week for me. He read my messages and blocked me on what’s app.
    I was feeling extremely sad and anxious after that and I did the wrong thing and messaged him on Instagram. I messaged “Never play with anyone’s feelings like you played with mine. Hopefully someday you will understand how the way you treated me made me feel. I wish you would have the balls to be honest with me ‘cause honesty is what people appreciate not blocking.” I really regret that message but I was feeling betrayed. I really trusted this guy and he just left me without saying anything and the timing could not have been worse. Ofc he blocked me on Instagram as well.
    I just want to know did I cause this and did I make him feel so bad that he thought blocking me out of his life was the best alternative to do? I miss him a lot and I believed that we could make this work ‘cause I haven’t felt this way earlier with anyone else before.

February 10, 2020 at 7:20 pm

I don’t think you caused this. I think he was being unfair to you. The tipping point wasn’t your messages to him–it was the long-distance relationship. It seems like he must have realized at some point that he couldn’t handle it (I have no clue if he realized it before, during or after you left). Then, rather than tell you that he can’t handle it and decided it wasn’t right for him, he tried to make the break up gradual by not calling you–or maybe he just thought you’d get the hint when he didn’t call. When you texted him, he used it as an excuse to block you, but it wasn’t the catalyst. To me, it sounds like he realized he couldn’t do the long-distance relationship earlier than that. As for whether it can work, who knows. Now that he has blocked you on everything, it’ll be harder to come back from that, so I don’t know if a relationship is possible. You will have to wait for him to reach out or for you to go back to the same country before you see if there is anything else possible for you two. Good luck–I hope that it works out for you.

Elina

February 12, 2020 at 6:48 am

Thank you! I didn’t want to make him feel bad. I’m just overthinking would everything be okay if I hadn’t sent that negative message to him. I forgot to mention that I also asked “was everything you said rubbish?” on that what’s app message and because it was a bit negative did I push him away and was my Instagram message the last straw? Should I try to call him and tell that I’m sorry but I also think he wasn’t fair to me. I just want to apologise if I made him feel bad about himself ‘cause I never meant that. I just don’t want to end anything in bad terms.

Geet

February 18, 2020 at 11:08 pm

Hey! So I added a random guy cuz I thought he was cute and some of my Facebook friends were friend with him on Facebook as well. After few days he texted me and we started to talk on call, he told me he lives where I live I mean same state. We talked constantly for few days and he asked me out for movies, I went out with him and he was sooo nice, good and seemed respectful as well. I started liking him not like love type but it felt good after the date. But gradually he stopped texting me like he used to when we first meet online. Suddenly he texted me saying “let’s hangout” and I was like it’s too late since my parents wouldn’t allowed me at night to go out. But I lied to them and went out with him at park. We happened to kiss And while we were kissing I felt that he kind of was touching my b*** thn I pushed him away. We talked for hours that night but I couldn’t get things out of my mouth like it was so hard for me say it to him or ask him “ why did he touch blah blah” after that night he never texted me nor he called. I felt so depressed like I didn’t wanted to go out or something plus I didn’t told my friends about it. When I texted him he lefted me on seen which I did not liked it and days goes after many days suddenly he texted me, I was so pissed I said to him “you only texts me when you need me or something “ and after that he blocked me for no reason. But he still follows me in Instagram. I couldn’t handle it so I told my friends before he blocked me in Facebook. And they told me to blocked him from everywhere but I didn’t instead he did. Last year before Christmas he texted me in iMessage sayin if I know him but I replied him sayin I don’t know him. Recently he called me again. Like he called me like three times but I did not pick up because I didn’t felt right to talk to him. So my friend block him from number and Instagram as well. But now he unblocked me on Facebook and send it me a request but I don’t know what to do. My friends been telling me not to accept because that’s the right thing to do. I also feel so. Could you help me out!!??

February 26, 2020 at 10:16 am

I wouldn’t accept him. While he may have said words that are respectful, he pushed you to go out at night when he knew you weren’t supposed to and was trying to go past kissing on the first date. The fact that he disappeared immediately after you kept him from doing more than kiss seems to indicate that he was primarily interested in some kind of fling. Now, he is reaching out again because he hopes that he can have a physical relationship again because all of his other options have dried up. I wouldn’t accept his request because he is either immature or only interested in sex–either way, he isn’t a good choice.

Charlie

February 5, 2020 at 11:31 pm

I’ve been talking to this guy for a month now. We had a great night on Dec. and because of our schedule and distance, we haven’t seen each other again since then but we’re texting/chatting all the time. We don’t follow each other on fb/ig/tweeter but I look into his ig feed because he’s a photographer and travels a lot. One day, he just stopped replying but has left me on read so i didn’t bother to reach out. A week after, I checked his ig and found he’s abroad again so i figured that’s why. (but we got wifi everywhere right?) anywaaay, so I accidentally watched his ig story. I’m sure he saw me there because two days after, he turned his ig private. Could that be the reason why? Should I reach out? I really like this one.

February 6, 2020 at 2:58 pm

Wi-fi exists everywhere, so it is a bit troubling that he has left you on read, set his Instagram to private and hasn’t talked to you at all since then. Judging from his behavior, it sounds like the relationship is now over. He may have found someone else, or he may have just moved on. Whatever the reason was, it seems like he has decided that this wasn’t the relationship for him. Now, all you can do is focus on moving on and healing on your own. Good luck, Charlie!

Amanda

February 8, 2020 at 1:42 am

what if I started talking to this guy for a few days and everything was going great and we call each other cute and we would snap back each other everyday. and then one day while i sent my number for imessage games because he told me to send it so we can play, he just blocks me. and my friend goes on his snapchat with a video of him on his bed playing some songs that get you in your feelings with the the “idk idk idk”

February 8, 2020 at 11:44 am

It is clear that he is someone who is uncertain about his desires and feelings. Due to that, he made the decision to block you and hurt you. It seems that he is not someone that you should maintain a relationship with at this time. Determine what you want for your future without him, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere. If you see him in person in the future, then you may want to address your concerns with him at that time.

Amanda

February 8, 2020 at 8:30 pm

would there be a chance that he would unblock me once he sorts out his feelings and makes up his mind about what he wants?

February 9, 2020 at 10:05 am

There is always a chance that things could end up working out. The best way to give things a chance is to let him have the space he needs right now.

Amanda

February 9, 2020 at 12:10 pm

he unblocked me on snapchat but i don’t know whether or not i should add him or wait for him to add me

February 9, 2020 at 6:05 pm

He chose to unblock you, which means that he is open to communication with you. However, since he blocked in you in the first place, you should not reach out to him. Give him the chance to reach out to you. If he does, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings at that time. You can also choose to ignore him, as he has previously made this inappropriate decision.

Amanda

February 9, 2020 at 6:42 pm

February 9, 2020 at 9:10 pm

No problem, good luck!

Amanda

February 10, 2020 at 5:25 pm

so my guy best friend texted him and he got blocked after asking if he hated me enough to block me and i think it just made everything worse. i don’t know how long i should give him space for.

Amanda

February 22, 2020 at 6:34 pm

how long should i give him for his space he still has not reached out to me

February 23, 2020 at 5:57 pm

If he hasn’t reached out to you, then there is no reason to reach out to him. If he attempts to speak with you in the future, then share your thoughts and feelings with him at that time. Otherwise, you may find benefit in allowing thoughts of him to fade.

FT

January 16, 2020 at 8:27 pm

There was this guy I was seeing unofficially for almost 3 months before he blocked me out of the blue. We instantly hit it off at the nightclub I met him at; and he was the sweetest guy I’ve ever met. After the club he drove me back to my apartment 4 in the morning after my phone was stolen at that club (happens there all the time), when he walked me to my door, asked me out on a date the next day. The next day we went to a nightclub again (after I replaced my stolen phone) and he bought me roses; and we ended up having sex back at my place. I thought he was just putting up an act for sex, but even after having sex he still wanted to see me; he told me how amazing of a time he had, how amazing the sex was, and how he can’t wait to see me again.

After that we spoke every single day, and when he was not busy, he messaged me in an abundance; but even when he was very busy, his response time was still reasonable. We would see each other on average about once a week. Which I felt was a healthy amount because we are both busy with school and work; he graduated school a month after I met him so I always pushed him to prioritize building his career over me.

We went on several other dates and all of them went fantastic; he would often sleep over at my apartment after the date and we would spend time the morning after. And if I was ever in distress, he would drop everything to see me and made sure I’m doing okay.

A month after we met, I was accepted to do a semester abroad in Europe, he was so happy for me and as time progressed, whenever I brought up leaving for Europe he would get sad and would mention he doesn’t want to think about me leaving. He would tell me how much he is going to miss me and would ask me if I would miss him too, to which I said of course. I also noticed on many occasions he has a major jealousy issue but would often try to mask it. He also he deals with a lot of family issues that leaves him very upset and when that happens he withdraws from everyone and has cancelled our plans a few times because of it. Whenever I expressed my concerns when he withdraws, he would apologise profusely and would make up for it when he felt better.

The Saturday before he blocked me, we went on a date together to the same nightclub my phone got stolen the first time so he would let me leave his phone in the glove box of his car.
    This Saturday date was after not seeing him for 2 weeks because he was visiting family in Chicago, (and kept telling me how much he missed me when he was gone, he even admitted to having panic attacks in Chicago but was evasive on telling me why).
    After the club, we went back to my place, watched a movie, had sex and slept over, everything was good. The following Tuesday he asked to hang out on Thursday and I agreed. The day after I asked him what he wanted to do on Thursday and he ended up telling me he’s cancelling to help out his cousin with urgent wedding plans (he has mentioned this upcoming wedding many times). I wasn’t upset but I got a little bit annoyed with how he delivered the message of him cancelling our plans and I called him out on it politely. He responded right away apologizing profusely and how upset he is that he annoyed me, I told him it’s not a huge deal and not to worry about it. He ended up making plans with me the following Saturday which I agreed to.

But by the time Saturday came (10 days before I leave), I only heard from him in the morning when he gives his usual good morning texts to which I replied. But as hours went by I did not hear from him so I msged him on WhatsApp if he’s okay, and as hours went by, still nothing and my messages on WhatsApp would be just one grey checkmark.

I thought something bad happened to him so I called him on WhatsApp and it rang the whole time, but when I called his main phone line it went straight to voicemail every time. I also emailed him asking if he’s okay and still nothing. So I went and saw my friend and we did some investigating and she called him on her phone and it rang every time you (but he didn’t pick up) to which I realized he had blocked me.

I was so revolted yet so upset when I realized it. I honestly didn’t see this coming, I know he tends to withdraw when he’s having issues but I never thought he would block me. It made me wonder if he lost interest in me/putting up an act this whole time / if he had another girl but all my friends including my counselor were doubtful about those speculations because he was so consistent this entire time. I never brought up wanting to be in an official/exclusive relationship with him because I didn’t know him well enough plus I’m leaving for Europe real soon for 4 Months. But mind you, he never brought it up either.

I emailed him yesterday telling him he broke my heart but I still wish him the best; I knew there’s a chance he won’t reply for whatever reason but as long as he read it and he knows how I feel about this situation then I’m satisfied. I’m leaving for Europe in 5 days so if we ever get a chance to see each other again it won’t be for a long time 🙁

January 17, 2020 at 12:01 pm

Perhaps he just isn’t ready to have a long-distance relationship and handled the situation immaturely. Some people are just not able to have a long-distance relationship, and there’s nothing you can do about it. He should have just told you how he felt instead of blocking you, but some people are afraid of having difficult conversations like that. On the bright side, it sounds like you are moving on to exciting, new things that will distract you as you heal. Good luck and congrats on the study abroad trip!

Plus

February 6, 2020 at 10:32 am

Was this guy from Des Moines Iowa ?

February 6, 2020 at 2:49 pm

What an unexpected question. Is there a story behind your question?