What Does It Mean When You Dream About Your Crush?

By on December 29, 2013

On average every one of us dreams seven times per night. We might not even realise it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. All too often people don’t realise this and claim to never dream, not realising how statistically unlikely that actually is. Since you’re reading this, I think it’s safe to say however that you’re not one of those people. I’m going to take a shot and say that you remember your dreams quite a lot, perhaps most nights, and I’m going to take another shot and say that a lot of them feature a certain, very special, someone.

But what does it mean when your crush keeps popping up in your dreams? Why is it that he just can’t contain himself to real life, why is he flaunting himself in your dreams too? Here’s your answer…

d56990db4fc535c74d556da911baf6dc

The Why

‘The why’ in ‘why is your crush dream stalking you?’ is simple – you’re thinking about him in your waking hours and unable to forget about him when you switch off for the night. When we sleep our subconscious gets free reign and in that time it paints us pictures using the people, objects, places and scenarios we’ve been thinking of when we were awake.

There’s not much else to the why, like I said, it’s simple. You’re focussing on him while you’re awake and your subconscious is simply playing on that fact and creating a dream from it.

What It Means

Depending on your beliefs and whether or not you’re superstitious, dreams can either mean nothing or they can mean everything. They can hide clues to the future or your deepest desires or they can simply be nothing more than your mind playing a trick on you. If you don’t believe dreams hold clues to our futures or insights into our souls then I suggest you skip over this section, it may not be for you.

Here’s a few common dreams that may include your crush and what they are commonly interpreted to mean…

To dream you are kissing your crush symbolizes love, affectation and harmony. Your mind is expressing your waking desire to be close to this person and form some sort of attachment, in this case a relationship.

07469d4fc2fc05a8df62a38156ee323c

Don’t panic if you and your crush were arguing in a dream. This doesn’t mean you aren’t compatible as a couple. Arguing in a dream can symbolize tension and that you are trying to resolve an internal conflict. In this case, it’s likely your mind trying to tell you how frustrated it is that your crush is nothing more than a crush. It could show that your mind is ready for the two of you to become more than friends.

If you receive a love note or letter in your dream means that there could be a new relationship ahead of you. It also however symbolizes that you are insecure about something and need reassurance about your feelings or relationship. My advice in this situation is to be hopeful but beware, don’t let your insecurities get the better of you.

07e69b69253c14d985abbf1f26dd03fb

What To Do About It

On a whole, dreaming of your crush shows that you have an unresolved issue with him in real life, namely that he’s only your crush and not your boyfriend. You need to take action in the real world by attempting to get closer to him to see if a relationship is on the cards or not. Either way, your dreams about him are likely to grow fewer, if not stop altogether, as you start to live out your fantasy of speaking to him in everyday life. Chances are, you’ll be happier for it too. Instead of waking up feeling slightly hollow every morning seeing as your dream was only a dream, you’ll end each day feeling fulfilled that you spoke to him.

Try reading my article How To Get Your Crush To Like You for tips on how to interact with your crush in real life. As much as we’d all like to, we can’t go on dreaming forever. It’s time to stop dreaming and start living so go out there and make your crush fall head over heels for you!

Ani

February 26, 2020 at 12:21 pm

Me amd my crush have never talked but in my dream we got into an argument behind this building in a place i’ve never been before, then out of the blue he says, “I love you” and kisses me on my forehead. He walked away but he looked kind of sad and I felt so bad so I tried to find him but I couldn’t! I can’t figure out what it means :/

Ani

February 26, 2020 at 12:24 pm

I realised I accidentally posted two of my comments so I apologise for that…

February 26, 2020 at 1:42 pm

No problem–it happens a lot. 🙂

February 26, 2020 at 1:42 pm

The dream shows that you want to be around your crush and have him interested in you. The fact that you get in the argument may be a reflection that your subconscious doesn’t know if he likes you or not in your waking life. He may have walked away at the end of the dream because your subconscious mind isn’t really sure if this dream could actually happen in your waking life. Dreams can only show the thoughts and feelings going on in your own subconscious, so there is no way to know from just a dream if someone likes you back or not in your real life.

Ani

February 26, 2020 at 12:17 pm

Me and my crush have never talked before but in my dream we got into a small argument and he says, “I love you” out of the blue and kisses me on my forehead. He walked away and looked a bit sad, so I tried to find him but I couldn’t?

February 26, 2020 at 1:42 pm

QueenYeah

February 24, 2020 at 6:41 pm

I had a dream about my crush spending the night at my house and me and him were laying on the floor in a little blanket bed and we were cuddling and then we kissed what does this mean ?!!

February 24, 2020 at 8:43 pm

The dream sounds like it is primarily about wish fulfillment. You wish that your crush would like you, spend the night at your house and kiss you. Because of this, all of these things happened in your dream. A dream cannot show how someone else thinks or feels because it only reflects your own subconscious. Because of this, the only way to know if your crush likes you back or not in your real life is to ask him. Good luck!

Mary May Maribao

February 24, 2020 at 6:36 pm

I currently dream about my crush talked to me if I have hersheys chocolate and later on when I woke up his header on twitter was blank…. and in my dream his older brother went between us when we were talking and he tried to find ways to talk again to me but his brother won’t let him.

February 24, 2020 at 8:44 pm

Your crush most likely appeared in your dream because you like him and wish that you could be with him. He isn’t romantic in the dream because you aren’t sure how he actually feels about you in your waking life. You may feel like his older brother could help, but something is holding him or you back.

mini

February 29, 2020 at 4:20 pm

my crush is my bestfriend, he told me that he liked me when it was valentines day through a note then today, ive dreamt of him kissing me. We’re pretty close inrl so what does that mean-

February 29, 2020 at 9:40 pm

He has shared his feelings with you, and now you are dreaming of nourishing a romantic relationship with him. It is clear that the two of you are interested in each other, so speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish your connection by spending additional time with each other in person.

el

February 22, 2020 at 4:51 pm

i had a dream about making a online photo collage for instagram with my crush does it mean anything?

February 25, 2020 at 4:31 pm

Dreams about doing things with your crush are indications that you are interested in nourishing a relationship with that person. Social media is often an indication of a desire to have a publicly accepted relationship. Take this time to make a decision about what you want for your future, and take whatever action that you feel is appropriate.

Mia

February 22, 2020 at 5:59 am

I had a dream that my crush was sitting in front of me with his back towards me and i touched his shoulder and then he held my hand and kissed it and said something but i don’t remember it.

February 25, 2020 at 4:40 pm

Your dream is a manifestation of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. The physical connection that you shared within the dream may be a sign that you want to get closer to him. Take this time to determine what you want for your future, and speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Be certain to give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well.

ariho

February 20, 2020 at 7:51 pm

My crush and I have never talked but one day, out of nowhere, this rumour starts going around that my crush likes me. I didn’t think too much of it at the time (since we were both new at the school) *until the dreams started*. This was three years ago but since then, I’ve had several dreams about him, but only last year have I come to terms that I might actually like this guy. We’re now both high school seniors and I’m going to be studying abroad next year so we’re probably not going to see each other anymore after this year. Exams are coming up and I’m seriously getting tired of chasing this guy. I don’t want to like him, but I also don’t want to leave school regretting “what could have been”.

Recently, my dreams about him have been about us *finally* getting together.

February 25, 2020 at 5:12 pm

It seems that you are concerned about missing an opportunity. For this reason, you should make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to respond. If this relationship is not viable, then allow thoughts of him to fade. Otherwise, nourish your connection by spending additional time together in person.

Fake Name

February 19, 2020 at 7:42 pm

It started with some upset girl that I don’t recognize. I walk to the kitchen to see her (my crush) preparing asparagus for her. She told me a word which I don’t remember.

It was night time (maybe this means something)

It was an odd dream. I don’t even know if it can be interpreted due to the lack of detail, though thanks in advance.

February 25, 2020 at 5:36 pm

It seems that this dream is a reflection of various aspects of your life. Your crush seems to be someone who cares for others, so you should take this time to determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give her an opportunity to share herself with you as well. Be certain to be kind and compassionate to everyone in your life.

Kitty

February 19, 2020 at 3:54 am

I had a dream where I didn’t like my crush and he liked me instead. In the dream, he told me to give him a chance and I said something along the lines of “ugh fine.”

February 25, 2020 at 5:50 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of your concerns about the feelings of your crush toward you. Take this time to determine what you want for the future, and speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. You can nourish this connection by spending additional time with your crush in person.

Lezza

February 17, 2020 at 10:20 pm

I had a dream about my crush lying on my bed. What does it mean? We didn’t do anything I only know that I looked and saw him lying on my bed. He was sleeping.

February 18, 2020 at 7:13 pm

When you dream about your crush in your bed, it is clear that you are interested in nourishing an emotional or intimate relationship with your crush. Make a decision about what you feel is appropriate, then speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings.

Juls

February 17, 2020 at 6:24 pm

I had a dream that me and my crush meet in personal and he says hi

February 17, 2020 at 7:56 pm

The dream most likely reflects your desire to be around him and to have him like you in your waking life. Dreams only show what is going on in your subconscious mind, so it just reflects your subconscious feelings and desires. If you want to find out how your crush feels in your waking life, you would have to ask him! Good luck!

Jdndnd

February 14, 2020 at 4:44 pm

I had a dream where me and my crush were only talking as friends and he was kinda mean. What does that mean?

February 14, 2020 at 4:53 pm

The fact that he is mean in the dream and seems to be ignoring you seems to indicate that you do not feel confident about how he feels in your waking life. The dream only represents your own thoughts and feelings, so there is no way to know how your crush actually feels in your waking life.

Grace

February 17, 2020 at 6:18 pm

So I have a crush on an 18-year-old boy but I am 14 and he called me a hottie and he used to have a crush on me. And he looked me up and down while biting his lips and licking him and then he stared at my butt and every time I go he is always staring at me he tries to not make it obvious but it’s obvious

February 17, 2020 at 7:57 pm

It definitely sounds like he likes you. Now, you just have to decide if you want to be with him and if it is even possible to be with him. The age difference could definitely be a problem for your parents and potentially the legal system where you live. In addition, it sounds like he is interested in a primarily physical relationship, which is generally not what you want in a boyfriend. If that is the kind of relationship you want though, you could go for it. Good luck!

Kylie

March 4, 2020 at 4:26 pm

What does it mean when your crush Stares at you for 10 seconds

March 4, 2020 at 6:41 pm

This may be an indication that your crush is interested in nourishing a relationship with you. Take this time to determine what you want for your future, and take appropriate action.

Lamia

February 14, 2020 at 12:45 am

I had a dream where I was in school and me and my crush were sitting nd talking together, and were really close and touchy-feely.And in the dream when I took off my jacket in front of him , he just put his head on the desk and smiled.After that, he asked something about my friend.Confusing, but what does It mean?

February 14, 2020 at 1:19 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires in relation to your crush. You may be aware of the other social relationships that he maintain. If you are interested in nourishing a romantic connection with him, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. If possible, spend additional time together.

Mimi

February 11, 2020 at 1:08 pm

I had a dream about my crush where we went to church then we both got baptised then a pastor prayed for both of us. So odd !. What does it mean ?

February 11, 2020 at 10:54 pm

The crush is in your dream because you like him and want to be with him. The baptism may reflect your desire to start fresh in life with your crush and to have a new start. It is also possible that the setting in a church reflects your desire to be committed to your crush because churches are often the site of weddings.

hhfhrrtdyfu

February 11, 2020 at 8:16 am

I had a dream that me and my crush were in church then got baptised then a pastor was praying for the both of us. What does that mean ?

February 11, 2020 at 11:09 pm

King

February 11, 2020 at 3:00 am

I had a dream like my crush doesn’t live near me she is far away so I wanted to meet her and in my dream I saw her.and talk to her like a normal conversation

February 11, 2020 at 11:16 pm

The dream reflects what you would like to have happen in your waking life. You miss your crush in your waking life and want to talk to her, so it only makes sense that your subconscious would have this occur in your dream.

Doodle Fruit

February 10, 2020 at 8:10 pm

I had a dream that my crush appeared out of a cake on Cinco de Mayo and we held hands on the bleachers of our old high school gym.I’m pretty sure the holding hands is the important part though.

February 10, 2020 at 8:48 pm

I think the dream just shows that you want to be with your crush, and you want your crush to like you back. Since the dream only shows your own subconscious thoughts and feelings, there is no way to know from the dream how your crush actually feels in your waking life. You can always hope though!

pixel

February 8, 2020 at 8:04 am

I had a dream that my crush dated one of my friends, and someone close in my life told my crush to ask my friend to be his valentine out of pity, so he did ask her and she said yes. (My crush is a he, friend is a she) I was just sitting by and watching this happen. They both asked if I was okay with them dating, to which I responded “oh yeah of course, as long as you guys are happy..” and my friend knows I like him so I wonder why she didn’t ask me before saying yes. In a later scene, a girl appears in this place and she talks with my crush, something about them going to prom together and how she isn’t his valentine. He responded with “no I like *my friends name* and she is my valentine..” while grabbing her hand. I heard all of this and I kind of felt sad, because it felt like some form of betrayal from my friend and close person in my life.

February 8, 2020 at 11:41 am

Your dream is a sign of the various social and emotional relationships that you are navigating at this time. You are interested in maintaining a relationship with your crush, but you are aware that he may be interested in other people as well. Determine what you want for your future. If you want to nourish this relationship, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings.

rocky

February 7, 2020 at 10:04 am

Thanks sir share this information. I really…… love this post.. herinterest.com one the best blog….

February 7, 2020 at 5:53 pm

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the article. Thanks for commenting!

angelt

February 2, 2020 at 8:17 pm

I had a dream about siting next to my class in the classroom and the next day the teacher put him right next to my side and I also had a dream of hugging him then holding on to his back when he was riding me home in a bike we can feel the wind in the late night sky it was awesome it felt so real.

February 3, 2020 at 8:11 pm

This dream is a reflection of various aspects of your life. It is possible that you are interested in maintaining a relationship with your crush. You may feel that your teacher is capable of supporting you in regard to your social relationships.