What Does It Mean When You Dream About Your Crush?

By on December 29, 2013

On average every one of us dreams seven times per night. We might not even realise it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. All too often people don’t realise this and claim to never dream, not realising how statistically unlikely that actually is. Since you’re reading this, I think it’s safe to say however that you’re not one of those people. I’m going to take a shot and say that you remember your dreams quite a lot, perhaps most nights, and I’m going to take another shot and say that a lot of them feature a certain, very special, someone.

But what does it mean when your crush keeps popping up in your dreams? Why is it that he just can’t contain himself to real life, why is he flaunting himself in your dreams too? Here’s your answer…

d56990db4fc535c74d556da911baf6dc

The Why

‘The why’ in ‘why is your crush dream stalking you?’ is simple – you’re thinking about him in your waking hours and unable to forget about him when you switch off for the night. When we sleep our subconscious gets free reign and in that time it paints us pictures using the people, objects, places and scenarios we’ve been thinking of when we were awake.

There’s not much else to the why, like I said, it’s simple. You’re focussing on him while you’re awake and your subconscious is simply playing on that fact and creating a dream from it.

What It Means

Depending on your beliefs and whether or not you’re superstitious, dreams can either mean nothing or they can mean everything. They can hide clues to the future or your deepest desires or they can simply be nothing more than your mind playing a trick on you. If you don’t believe dreams hold clues to our futures or insights into our souls then I suggest you skip over this section, it may not be for you.

Here’s a few common dreams that may include your crush and what they are commonly interpreted to mean…

To dream you are kissing your crush symbolizes love, affectation and harmony. Your mind is expressing your waking desire to be close to this person and form some sort of attachment, in this case a relationship.

07469d4fc2fc05a8df62a38156ee323c

Don’t panic if you and your crush were arguing in a dream. This doesn’t mean you aren’t compatible as a couple. Arguing in a dream can symbolize tension and that you are trying to resolve an internal conflict. In this case, it’s likely your mind trying to tell you how frustrated it is that your crush is nothing more than a crush. It could show that your mind is ready for the two of you to become more than friends.

If you receive a love note or letter in your dream means that there could be a new relationship ahead of you. It also however symbolizes that you are insecure about something and need reassurance about your feelings or relationship. My advice in this situation is to be hopeful but beware, don’t let your insecurities get the better of you.

07e69b69253c14d985abbf1f26dd03fb

What To Do About It

On a whole, dreaming of your crush shows that you have an unresolved issue with him in real life, namely that he’s only your crush and not your boyfriend. You need to take action in the real world by attempting to get closer to him to see if a relationship is on the cards or not. Either way, your dreams about him are likely to grow fewer, if not stop altogether, as you start to live out your fantasy of speaking to him in everyday life. Chances are, you’ll be happier for it too. Instead of waking up feeling slightly hollow every morning seeing as your dream was only a dream, you’ll end each day feeling fulfilled that you spoke to him.

Try reading my article How To Get Your Crush To Like You for tips on how to interact with your crush in real life. As much as we’d all like to, we can’t go on dreaming forever. It’s time to stop dreaming and start living so go out there and make your crush fall head over heels for you!

Chng

December 29, 2019 at 7:35 am

So i dreamt that my primary school friend guy confess to me in dream and when he was about to kiss me i woke up. In real life im not close to him nor im his friends. After this dream i kinda cant get him out if my head and keep thinking about him. Before that i do have a crush on my pri sch friend for 6 years but i have completely given up on him but noe i feel like i kinda like him now

January 2, 2020 at 4:01 pm

It seems that you need to make a decision about what you want for your future. Nourish a relationship that you believe is viable and appropriate.

ella

December 29, 2019 at 5:55 am

I have a crush on a classmate that I rarely talk to. Out of the blue, I had a dream where the two of us were best friends with a completely platonic relationship – in the dream, we did not have any romantic feelings towards one another and got along dashingly just as friends. What could this potentially mean?

January 2, 2020 at 4:04 pm

It is possible that you are interested in developing a relationship with your classmate. Determine what you want for your future and take appropriate action.

Hayley

December 24, 2019 at 1:54 pm

I had a dream where my crush took me by the wrist and showed me to a mirror, what does that mean?

January 5, 2020 at 9:48 am

Perhaps the crush and mirror are your subconscious mind’s way of telling you to reflect on your personal qualities and to see that you already have the traits you need to make a move and find out how your crush feels in your real life.

Sophie

December 23, 2019 at 1:01 am

Ok so Hello !
    That was my first dream about him and it was really weird and not comfortable at all.
    So I’m with my mon at a kind of stand with sandwiches and the man cuts me an other piece of sandwich I didm’t even ask and gives it to me. Then HE came behind my back and says what he usually say when we meet. we laughed a lot about this thing in réal Life. ”aaah how’s my Poutine loin’ ?” We love imitating the Canadian accent.
    So then We Start to walk on the Beach and I realize, my mother dissapeard of the story well that was weird.
    And I say ” wow look there’s a friend of your ex girl !” i don’t know why I said that but whatever, well he tells me that he came with them (all the Friends of her). Then we meet his ex girl and They just hold hands in the pool WITH ME in the pool. I Felt so lonely but so happy for him because he was asking for help to me in real life with all the issues he had. Then we get out of the pool and his ex girl broke something. she just stayed and my rush and me are helping her to find the pieces of the broken sunglasses. So then we just all go to est and I see so many faces of my old school and it’s embarrassing. I see my English teacher and I ask for help. she doesn’t reply me so I go and sit alone.
    I wait for like 1 hour and then one of my old friends came and sat next to me without saying a word.

December 24, 2019 at 9:16 am

It sounds like you like him, but you also like him enough that you want him to be happy. Your subconscious mind may be concerned that you are not actually the right person for him, which is why he ends up with his ex. Thankfully, this dream only reflects your subconscious worries and feelings, so there is no way to know what will actually happen in your waking life! Good luck!

Gabriella

December 22, 2019 at 10:41 pm

I had a dream where I was in a school setting. I guess it was like a lecture and during this lecture my crush and I would be affectionate towards each other. For instance we would hold hands, he would put his arm around my shoulders, and I would also lean against him. But then I immediately thought in the dream that we are not together, therefore I cannot do what I was doing so I stopped. Afterwards he moved seats and had his arm wraped around another girl. I don’t know what this means.

December 24, 2019 at 9:22 am

The start of the dream shows that you are hopeful your crush could like you if he really gave you a chance. The fact that he ends up with another girl at the end of the dream seems to indicate your concerns that he may end up with someone other than you. Thankfully, a dream is just a dream, so you still have a chance with your crush in real life! Good luck!

Gabriella

December 22, 2019 at 10:40 pm

I had a dream where I was in a school setting. I guess it was like a lecture and during this lecture my crush and I would be affectionate towards each other. For instance we would hold hands, he would put his arm around my shoulders, and I would also lean against him. But then I immediately thought in the dream that we are not together, therefore I cannot do what I was doing so I stopped. Afterwards he moved seats and had his arm wraped around another girl. I don’t know if I got this dream based off of my desire to have him or the force of not letting myself have him in real life.

December 24, 2019 at 10:22 am

It seems that you are considering a relationship with this person. You are aware that if you choose to not establish a relationship with him, it is certain that he will develop a relationship with someone else. It is possible that you have noticed that he is maintaining other close social relationships. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Gabriella!

Sj

December 19, 2019 at 5:21 pm

Okay so I “met” him this year and I started to realize that I liked something about him physically so I told my friend and they were excited or whatever. So one of my first dreams about this person was kinda weird but it was of me laying in his lap and we were drinking hot chocolate and he was talking to me so sweet and I immediately woke up and I had the biggest smile on my face and started to research what it meant when you dream of your crush. This has been happening for some months now and I just really want some kind of answer. PLZ HELP !

December 22, 2019 at 10:55 pm

The dream is just a sign that you like him and are attracted to him. When you have a crush on someone, it is quite normal to dream that you are dating them or with them in a romantic way. Unfortunately, a dream can only show the state of your subconscious mind, so there is no way to know how he feels in real life. You can always hope though!

Tatyana

December 17, 2019 at 1:40 pm

So this was yesterday when this happend to me and yesterday was my crushes birthday and me and him are friends I had a dream that night and so there where two hearts floating around they where… pink and my head/thoughts where telling me to grave them so I did and then my head told me two wish for something so I did I wished that my crush would love me forever so then in the dream the next day my crush was by my locker at school with presents and in them where all the things I liked and he was holding this sign saying be mine and he told me that he wanted me to be his and I told him that I had to think about it and he gave me a hug and after that his friends came ovr and said that he was acting weird and he was he was so happy and super hyper what does this mean?

Sophia

December 16, 2019 at 3:33 am

So basically, I have a crush on my friend – we talked a lot and for a moment, I think he likes me. And during school trip, he invited me to sat next to him on the bus. However, for about 60 minutes – I had spend the last 25 minutes on my phone (and the rest of the time I talked to him though) and I think he got offended by that which leads to the tragic that he’s avoiding me, please give me advice for what should I do. 🙁

Sophia

December 16, 2019 at 3:35 am

I know that this has nothing relate to dream but please help me, I’m desperate.

January 5, 2020 at 10:38 am

He is in a new relationship and you are over him, so allow thoughts of him to fade. If he appears in your future dreams, then address him within the dream regarding his purpose.

January 5, 2020 at 10:40 am

During your time together, you spent nearly half of the time ignoring him. Because of this, he likely determined that you don’t like him. Make an opportunity to speak with him about your thoughts and feelings.

Linda

December 15, 2019 at 5:58 am

I had a dream that I was in this room and I had kissed my crush on the cheek but it had seemed that he was leaning into the kiss, The kiss was from the side, it felt sweet, I have been thinking of him lately.

January 5, 2020 at 10:46 am

The feelings that you have for your crush are growing. Determine what you feel is appropriate and viable. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well.

kit kat

December 8, 2019 at 6:30 pm

my dream came true i was im the band room and i went to sit next to him and we were there for 2 periods so we needed to find a seat next to echother then next thing i know im laying on his shoulder and it came true we have been together for a month now

January 11, 2020 at 12:05 pm

It is clear that you and your crush feel a strong social relationship. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and speak with him about your thoughts and feelings.

Jennifer

December 5, 2019 at 10:53 am

I had a dream where I was sitting in front of my crush and his shoulder like pushed me against the wall where he was sitting, I sat by him and he sat by me and his friend. I placed my hand on the ground and he was about to touch it but moved his hand away I heard his friend say “c’mon man” after that I opened my palm and felt his hand on my palm, he held it for a while and he let it go after he let it go he said “Haha I pranked you” i’m really confused by what he mean

January 17, 2020 at 2:46 pm

The dream shows that you like your crush, and you wish that you could be around him more. He ends up telling you he pranked you in the dream because your subconscious mind is afraid to hope that he could actually like you. The dream only shows what is going on within your subconscious mind so there’s no way of knowing if he likes you back in real life or not. If you want to find out, make a move and see what happens! Good luck!

Kylie

November 3, 2019 at 12:47 am

In my dream, I dreamt that I was in my school along with my friends preparing for a carnival. We were laughing and having fun until I turned to see at the rooftop where my crush was standing and he was smiling at me. However in real life he just knows I exist. We don’t have quite proper interactions. He is an introvert and mostly stays busy in his cell phone. Honestly, I want him to like me back but I only dream such stuff….What should I do?

Kylie

November 3, 2019 at 6:46 am

I am super confused as to what I should do in order to gain his attention.

Andrea

December 15, 2019 at 2:14 am

You could become a player, make him want you. Be flirty, but not just with him. It always works for me.

January 5, 2020 at 10:47 am

Your insights may be helpful, though it is possible that such behaviors may cause him to determine that you are not interested in him.

Leah Kim

October 2, 2019 at 8:43 pm

Tonight I had dream with my crush that I dropped something (it looked like cooked rice😆) and she helped me to clean the mess.She also called me clumsy but smiling (in that dream).What can that mean?

December 30, 2019 at 10:20 am

The dream shows a desire to be around your crush. The situation sounds like she is cooking dinner for you and flirting with you, which are probably things that you’d like to happen in real life, so you dreamed that you were in that situation.

Lucy

October 1, 2019 at 10:37 pm

In my dream I was walking next to my crush and was holding his hand next thing I know my best friend was holding his other hand. I said in the dream that’s its okay and I’ll get over it and let go of his hand. Then we got to a corner and I saw them kissing and walked away upset but not jealous. Next thing my other best friend comes up to me and I say to her my best friend has betrayed me. The other best friend replied she was acting and wasn’t actually into him. I then asked I if could tell me crush about my best friend acting and so we did. He nodded and then came and kissed me? What does this mean? I should point out in waking life he has a girlfriend but is super flirtatious with me & holds my hand and I’m not jealous I just flirt back a little to make it not awkward. I have feelings for him I just don’t Express it

December 29, 2019 at 2:54 pm

The dream shows that you are afraid your crush might like someone other than you (not necessarily your friend). You may also be concerned about whether your best friend has your best interests at all. Thankfully, a dream only shows your own subconscious thoughts and feelings, so it is unlikely that this is what is going to happen in real life.

Shanu

September 29, 2019 at 10:31 am

In my dream I often see one of my close friend, who had proposed me to which I denied.. But now I want to talk to him as I do feel for him but now a days he does not talk to me but In my dream I regularly see that he is calling me over phone and we are unable to speak due to some network problem…

December 28, 2019 at 10:25 pm

Your friend proposed to you, and you denied that action. Your feelings for him are growing, so you may want to make a decision about what you want for your future. If you want to nourish a relationship with him, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well.

Sammy

September 29, 2019 at 2:32 am

I dreamt about someone I am interested with. We are sweet and clingy to each other at the same time, we are happy. Do you what it means?

December 28, 2019 at 10:13 am

The dream shows the kind of relationship you would like to have with them. Unfortunately, it is impossible for a dream to show how someone else thinks or feels in real life unless you already know how they feel. The only way to find out if your crush likes you or not is to make a move and see what happens. Good luck!

Maureen

September 28, 2019 at 6:27 pm

Hi. I had a dream about my crush too. It was just last night. I was so curious that I have dream about him for the first time. I have related myself to your article, as to why I dream of him. A girl classmate revealed in front of me and him that he has a crush on me, and he just smiled while only said “Oh? Really? I mean, that’s completely fine with me.” And we all ended up being silent for a while. I can’t forget about it when i got home and ended up stalking his Facebook last night before I sleep.

I was just so curious as to what is the meaning of my dream. I have dream that we are on the same house. We are still students though. Preparing for school, after i took a bath and i started wearing my uniform one by one. I’m wearing my pants but i am still topless because i was about to get my blouse when he entered the room. We are both shocked. In my surprise, i faced my back at him, while he embarrassingly said an apology for entering without knocking. But he reassured me right after, saying, “It’s okay… I mean, I don’t wish to see you half-naked. I was about to get an extra shirt. You know, uhm.. I completely forgot that you’re still here from last night. It used to be empty. So uhm.. I hope you won’t get mad?” Then after that i woke up. I forgot what happened after that. I felt that the dream was so short when I wake up, but probably a long one. I just can’t remember it all. I hope you can give me a hint what does that mean?

December 28, 2019 at 9:52 am

The dream you just had shows how you wish that he would respond to you, and it also shows your desire to tell him how you feel. The other dreams reflect the fact that you think about him frequently and wish that he would like you back. Unless you already know how he feels, it is impossible for your dreams to show his thoughts or feelings because they only show your own subconscious thoughts. You can always hope though!

Julie Thornton

September 28, 2019 at 6:19 am

Hello so I’ve recently had a lot of dreams about my crush and it always has us dating or getting to know each other…Like today I had a dream that he asked my for my number and I accepted and later on we started dating and we would sit next to each other at lunch and wanted to show everyone that we were dating ..The dream took place at school for the most part and he would have basketball games and if they lost something would happen to me????So he made sure that they won every time…I also was late to class a couple of times for some reason but our relationship was very good..He always let me know where he was and so did I ..We trusted each other…What does this mean?

December 28, 2019 at 1:48 am

Your dreams are indications of the strength of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. It is possible that the actions within the dream are manifestations of your desires. He may be interested in maintaining a relationship with you as well. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person.

Skye

September 26, 2019 at 7:16 pm

I dreamt about my crush last night (he is my tutor at university). I’ve barely talked to him before until yesterday, I decided to take a step and go ask him questions about my current subject. It was so awkward! (And I know it’s impossible for us to be in anything because he is my teacher.)
    After, I dreamt about him. We were at some sort of concert, and he happened to sit next to me. I was awkward but we talked and I felt my hand brush against his. It felt as though we were getting closer in my dream. I guess, is my dream replicating my feelings of wanting to get closer?

Skye

September 26, 2019 at 7:20 pm

Also, before this, I’ve had a lot of weird dreams about him too. One of my dreams, I imagined that one of my close friends also liked him, so I let go of my feelings (in real life my friends don’t even know much about him.)
      And another dream, I imagined that he was married and that I liked him but I couldn’t do anything because he was taken (in real life I don’t think he is married).

December 28, 2019 at 1:06 am

These other aspects of your dreams are indications of your concerns regarding your various social relationships. It seems that you were concerned about the relationship between your ex and your friend. Similarly, the marriage aspect of the dream could be a sign that you noticed his attention was elsewhere. Focus your emotional energy elsewhere, if you have concerns about what he wants for the future.

December 28, 2019 at 1:03 am

You are aware that this relationship may not be viable due to your relationship in regards to your studies. However, when you are no longer part of this course, you may make a decision based on the social and professional influences that are in your life. Continue to treat him as your tutor, and manage your relationship in a reasonable manner. In the future, you may want to speak with him about your thoughts and feelings.