What Does It Mean When You Dream About Lions?

By on September 5, 2017

While some people view lions as terrifying, ferocious creatures, other people think that they represent power or strength. When you dream about lions, it can have a number of different interpretations. It may symbolize assertiveness, strength, power or courage. They may indicate that you have feelings of aggression deep within you that are unfortunately directed toward the people nearby you.

A spirit lion shows that a threatening situation has developed in your life. If the spirit lion is in the jungle, then it shows that you have dignity, loyalty or respect. It may also show that you have power or domination over the people near you. Lions are often a symbol of the type of influence you have on people near you. They can show a need for honesty and loyalty within your relationships.

Lions can represent a number of things depending on the situation and how they appear in your dream. Often, a lion can mean that you need to control your aggression or temper in different situations. It reflects a greater desire to take control of your circumstances. As the king of the jungle, the lion represents the authority over other people. The dream about lions may mean that someone else has power over you, or you may wish to gain control over someone else.

1. Overcome Negative Emotions

When a lion appears in your dream, it may indicate that you have a desire to overcome all of your negative emotions. It is like a reminder to stay strong and have courage. You may already influence other people, so you need to make sure that you influence them in the right way. Be cautious because what you say or do can have a great effect on others. If you become overly controlling, a lion may appear in your dreams to remind you not to be too much of a control freak.

2. Symbolic Meanings

For most people the lion is a symbol of things like power or courage. When the lion appears in your dream, it can symbolize any of the common interpretations. You have to look at your dream to see exactly which meaning suits your dream and life situation. A lion represents courage, authority, ferocity, dignity and power. Family and the pride are important, and they can symbolize a need for more focus on your family.

Since a lion represents strength, pride and honor, it may mean that you always stand up for what you believe in. When you do anything in your professional or personal life, you prefer to do it your way. Sometimes, it can show a need for tenacity to be successful. Protect the ones you love fiercely and guard your interests. It takes emotional strength and courage to consistently go after your dreams, but you can do it. A lion in your dream may also represent your motherly instincts. Like a lioness protecting her cubs, you protect your loved ones fiercely.

3. Tame Lions

What does the lion or lioness look like in your dream? If the lion is tame, it may show that you are far too comfortable in life. You have lost your ferocious edge because you have become complacent in everything that you do. This meaning may relate to your workplace or your personal relationships. You may need to switch up how you do things. Get rid of old, bad habits and try starting new activities. Sometimes, you just need a little push to begin moving into the right direction.

4. A Lion Hunting Prey

If the lion is hunting prey in your dream, it shows a desire or achievement of self-sufficiency. You have a fierce sense of independence and are confident enough to spend time alone. You are the one who is in control of your destiny, and you do not rely on others to reach success.

5. A Lion Attacking You

If the lion is attacking you or someone else in the dream, it means that someone or some outside force is pushing you toward your own destruction. Someone is pushing you out of line with your goals, and they are not helping you. You need to meet your challenges and move on without listening to what other people say. They do not always have your best interests at heart. Even when they do, their advice may be misguided or misinformed.

6. A Lion Eating

If the lion in your dreams is eating with you, it shows that you may have problems at the workplace. The best way to handle these problems is to be true to yourself. Basically, the lion is trying to tell you that you should act with integrity and listen to your heart whenever you deal with other people. If you do the right thing, then you do not have to worry about what other people think.

7. You Killed a Lion

When you kill a lion in a dream, it shows that you are feeling an immense amount of pressure in your waking life. You may be needing to make a huge decision, and you are not sure what to do. Sometimes, the best thing to do when you are under pressure is to just say no and move on. If you see a dead lion in your dream, it shows positive changes afoot. It means that you can successfully overcome challenges, even when these are legal in nature.

8. Black and White Lions

A black lion shows that there is negativity around you. Someone may be trying to harm you or other people. If you see a white lion, it shows your power and strength. He or she is trying to say that you are capable of achieving your dreams if you use your own inner strength, wisdom and courage.

9. Being Chased by a Lion

Being chased by a lion is a common dream experience. When this happens, the lion is showing aspects of your personality. You may be trying to run away from something in your waking life, but your efforts seem to be in vain. If the lion catches you or is close to catching you, it may be a sign that you have chosen a destructive path to get to what you want.

Diane

April 21, 2020 at 11:13 am

I dreamt I bought a lion and brought it home and was late for my appointment with a realtor b/c of it- it was kind of a lion /man
    What does that mean? 🤔

April 23, 2020 at 5:45 pm

Lions are often manifestations of strong emotional or familial relationships. Ensure that this dream guides you to consider your personal relationships. Nourish those connections by spending additional time together in person. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times.

Loretta

April 20, 2020 at 3:47 am

In my dream a man wanted to kill me and was chasing me .Then as I was running and walking away from the man,Then I saw a very big brown lion on the main road that I was passing through, I was with a may a tennager. Then I started walking slowly towards the lion while also trying to escape from the man that wants to kill me.so before I could approach or pass through where the lion was ,I woke up. Please interpret the dream for me

April 20, 2020 at 7:02 pm

Dreams about being chased are manifestations of concerns and worries that you may have in your life. Lions are often reflections of strong emotional or familial relationships. Consider what this dream means to you. It is possible that an interaction may be appearing in this dream for you to think about. Introspection will help you understand how this dream applies to you.

Dhen

April 17, 2020 at 7:10 am

My bf is always dreaming of lions. He is always chased by the lions in different setting. He has to go up in a high place to be safed from the lions. Sometimes in a high fence, on a tree. Then the lion tries to go up to until the lions gave up. If the lions go away.. that is the time he will go down ang run away until he will see a crowd. He thinks he is safe there.

April 17, 2020 at 6:38 pm

Lions are often manifestations of strong emotional or familial relationships. It seems that the presence of the lions within his dreams are chasing him and causing him to be fearful. It is possible that there is a stress in his life that he is managing. He will find great benefit in sharing his kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into his life.

Sylvia

April 16, 2020 at 6:33 pm

Hi I dreamt about four lions attacking us at my uncles place and we managed to hide under the bed while they were busy attacking my uncle, then we managed to sliced it after it eaten my uncle so I don’t understand what this means!

April 16, 2020 at 8:28 pm

Lions are often reflections of strong emotional or familial relationships that you may have in your life. The behaviors of these lions could be a reflection of experiences that your uncle may be dealing with you. You may find benefit in nourishing your relationship with your uncle by spending additional time together in person.

Bri

April 16, 2020 at 9:53 am

I had a dream last night, that I was in a field, and the male lion walked uo to me and wanted to lay with me and play with me. like the make lion didnt want to leave my side. and there was the lioness who was right there by me to. I felt this was a dream from the universe, like God has my back im always protected by highest

April 16, 2020 at 8:32 pm

Your understanding of this dream is likely an accurate interpretation of your feelings regarding this dream. It seems that your dream was a reflection of your religious beliefs. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy toward you.

Bri D BEY

April 15, 2020 at 11:24 pm

I dreamt that I was at a house an I saw a lion, the lion chased me, an I ran in a room, but part of my body was in the room the top half an the rest was out of the room partly in the lions mouth but some kind of a way my legs was strong enough to hold the mouth of the lion a stop it from attacking me, then I woke up

April 16, 2020 at 8:37 pm

Lions are often reflections of strong emotional and familial relationships that you may have in your life. It is possible that your dream is just a manifestation of concerns that you may have in your life. Take this time to consider your experiences in your waking life, and take appropriate action. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times.

Taylor

April 15, 2020 at 4:23 am

This was so helpful. I dreamed a complete black lion was chasing my boyfriend (verbally abusive, going through a break up but still living together currently) and I but it seemed the lion was focused on following him. We were just in the city then we appeared at our home and the lion was trying to break down the doors and we both ran outside when we got a chance however the lion did end up attacking him. However I didn’t stick around to watch him be ate because I was sad. So I ran away with our child.

April 15, 2020 at 2:38 pm

Lions are often reflections of strong emotional or familial relationships. Their behaviors within your dream may be a sign that you feel that you need to be protected and supportive. You are aware that your partner is abusive, so you need to end this relationship and remove him from your life. Nourish your relationships with your friends and family members, as this will provide you with support at this time.

Leta

April 12, 2020 at 10:31 pm

For second time I escaped from lion attack. What does it mean?

April 13, 2020 at 12:44 am

Dreams about being attacked are often manifestations of concerns or worries that you may have in your life. Lions may be signs of strong emotional or familial relationships. Take this time consider thee aspects of your relationship, as introspection will give you personal insight into the meaning of this dream.

Apurwa Dwivedi

April 12, 2020 at 3:18 pm

Hey, I saw a lion being provoked and scared by two forest officers. They were trying to push the lion towards a particular direction but the lion didn’t budge. I saw the dream from the bird eye perspective and I was in a chopper or a plane.

April 13, 2020 at 12:48 am

Your dream may be a reflection of your knowledge of the behaviors of these forest officers. These scenarios likely happen, which is a sign that you are aware of the world around you. Ensure that this dream guides you in a positive direction. By sharing your kindness and compassion at all times, you will find that this will manifest positive energy in the world.

Luis

April 11, 2020 at 10:29 am

I had a dream that I was walking with my family and we saw a house with a big fence around it and it had lions in it but as we got closer we saw that the fence was kinda open. When we got closer a baby lion cub came out and my family started petting it as I was looking at them a full grown male lion came towards me. It didn’t attack me or anything it just came to me, when it did it was kind of pouncing around and when it stopped I tried to pet him but didn’t because I was scared of getting bit buy it. What does this mean? Thank you.

April 11, 2020 at 8:39 pm

Lions are often manifestations of strong emotional or familial relationships. Your visited this house with your family, which may mean that the lions were reflections of people who your family member knows. You may feel interested in nourishing the connection that you share with a family friend or relative. Take this time to determine what you want for your future, and take whatever action that you feel is appropriate.

Sara

April 11, 2020 at 7:39 am

Hey! I had a dream that a white huge lion kept sitting near this area when I would pass by. He would just look at me but not do anything. He was white as snow. He had a long beard. He just kept looking at me move around and walk but never said or did anything.

April 11, 2020 at 8:35 pm

Lions are often manifestations of strong emotional or familial relationships. It is possible that its behaviors are similar to the behaviors of other people in your life. Ensure that this dream guides you in a positive direction, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life.

Chris

April 12, 2020 at 7:26 am

Hi, Today I dreamt that I was walking my min pin (like I regularly do in waking life) and me and my min pin came across a small sized male lion (3 Ft tall). The lion was very friendly and tamed. But the lion was a little over excited and my min pin does not like that. I was telling the lion to calm down boy. And then I left. I don’t remember if the lion belonged to someone of if it was in my home. Thank you

April 13, 2020 at 3:59 pm

Lions are often manifestations of strong emotional or familial relationships in your life. It is possible that there are various influences that cause this dream to appear. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life.

Oyuna

April 9, 2020 at 4:49 am

I had a dream about two lions. One was white and the other one was black. The black lion was very calm and was sitting on a couch but the white lion attacked me, it even managed to bit my left leg but i got away. I dont mean to be a nuisance but can you please tell me about this dream??

April 9, 2020 at 5:37 pm

Lions are often manifestations of strong emotional or familial relationships. It is possible that these lions are reflections of people who are important in your life. Of course, these lions could be symbols of something else as well. It is possible that you feel that you need to navigate your relationships at this time. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times.

semira

April 8, 2020 at 9:20 am

I keep having a dream that me and some friends are in a playground and then this lion shows up and we all run for cover in a minivan and the lion keeps trying to push throw the door while we are all terrified that he might get it.

What does this all mean ????

April 8, 2020 at 8:30 pm

Dreams about lions are often manifestations of strong familial or emotional relationships in our lives. It is possible that there are many reasons for why this lion chased you and your friends within this dream. Nourish your relationships with your friends by spending additional time with them in person.

Cheryl Syles

April 8, 2020 at 6:48 am

I dreamed that I was a tiger in a jungle type setting. There was a lion that was stalking me. I hadn’t seen it yet, but I felt that they were a nuisance to me or that we weren’t friends. I was going to take the short way across the river home because I told myself I wasn’t scared of them chasing me. I looked across the river and the lion was in front of my home. Knowing I couldn’t sneak up on it to get home. I’d previously rejected my cousin’s, who was in human form, idea to take the long way around to get home. When she saw me coming towards her house she said, “See, I told you to just go the long way around. It’s safer.” I was irritated by her words because I felt like coming that way was still a mistake and I felt like a coward for having to take it. We walked in her house which was on the top floor, but for some reason we had to go down a flight of stairs and to the bottom floor to get out of the house. We were talking comfortably as we went down the stairs and had made it to the bottom before the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. All of a sudden the lion tried to rush down the steps, but the way was too narrow for his shoulders. My first thought was how did he know where I was. My cousin told me to go and she would deal with the lion. I didn’t want to leave, but she said he couldn’t get down the stairs, so I should leave. I left going towards my home and then woke up.

April 8, 2020 at 8:46 pm

Lions are often reflections of strong emotional or familial relationships. You were chased within your dream, which may be an indication of the concerns and worries that you may have in your life. The presence of your cousin could be a sign of the strength of your emotional relationship with that person. Ensure that this dream guides you in a positive direction. Nourish your relationship with your cousin, and share your kindness and compassion at all times.

Cecilia

April 7, 2020 at 8:54 pm

Hello I dreamt of a lion trying to attack me . I ran and locked it in the houses

April 8, 2020 at 8:49 pm

Lions are often manifestations of strong emotional or familial relationships. Being chased within dreams may be indications of concerns or worries that you have in your life. It seems that introspection will help you understand the purpose of this dream.

ChristopherUliyas

April 6, 2020 at 6:49 pm

I dreamed that I was besieged by lions and gangsters in Tibet. After being attacked, I could see my internal organs coming out of my body

April 6, 2020 at 8:38 pm

This dream seems to be a manifestation of various concerns that you may have in your life. If you have not been to Tibet, but you had a dream about it, then it is likely that you are aware of the political and social issues related to those who are living in Tibet. The lions and gangsters may be a manifestation of those thoughts and concerns. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life.

Anu

April 5, 2020 at 1:10 am

I had a dream today morning .. that i have a lion n i ride him and he takes me where i need to go .. my marriage preparations are going on and i m scared abt things n where i go this huge lion takes me .. i m scared of him bt i feel safe .. what does it mean

April 6, 2020 at 10:24 pm

Lions are often manifestations of strong emotional or familial relationships. Perhaps there is someone that you can rely on at this time for emotional support. Likewise, nourish your relationship with your fiance by spending additional time together in person. This will cause you to feel more confident and secure.

Brett

April 3, 2020 at 5:20 pm

Hi, I dreampt that there were quite a few lions in my room they were all tame and resting but one female got up to walk past me and i patted her but i was scared of them? they were quiet? help please.

April 4, 2020 at 11:51 pm

Lions are often manifestations of strong emotional or familial relationships. Their presence in your room may be a sign of the intimate relationships that you share. The emotions that you felt within the dream may not be accurate reflections of your waking emotions, but rather semblances of those feelings. If there is a relationship that you want to address at this time, then ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times.

Kay

April 3, 2020 at 1:25 pm

Hi there, the other night I had a very brief dream of an orange cat that transformed into a lion. I woke up instantly. Do you know what this might mean? Thank you!

April 4, 2020 at 11:53 pm

It is possible that he is not ready to open up to you. There are many reasons for his behaviors, but you should not take this as a bad sign. However, if you notice other similar behaviors that show you that he may not be willing to open up to you, then you may want to speak with him about your concerns. Show him that you are supportive and kind, and he may become more willing to expose his feelings to you.

Dee

April 3, 2020 at 2:04 am

Hello, I’ve been having lion dreams for sometime now. Sometimes I see a group of lions, which I get terrified of. And sometimes, I’d run into one that is being led by someone, a tamer I guess. That’s about it. I’ve never been chased or fought with them or anything like that. For me, it’s just seeing one or some in dreams of which I get to pass by them sometimes or see them from afar whilst hiding. But I’m always very terrified. What can you make of this pls. Thanks

April 5, 2020 at 12:05 am

Lions are often reflections of strong emotional or familial relationships. Sometimes lions appear in dreams are symbols of fears or concern. The lion tamer may be a manifestation of someone in your life. If you have similar dreams in the future, then address the lion tamer regarding their purpose. This should provide you with greater insight in regard to understanding your dream.