60 Saying Goodbye to a Friend Quotes, Sayings and Messages
When you care a great deal about your friend, the last thing that you want to do is say goodbye. Unfortunately, friends will sometimes have to leave you. Your friend may have moved to a different state or left to go to college. Whatever the case, these 60 saying goodbye to a friend quotes and sayings can help. It is hard to find the right way for saying goodbye to a friend, but these quotes and messages can help you put your feelings into words.
1. Yesterday was the beginning, and tomorrow brings the end. Somewhere in the middle, you and I became best friends.
2. Wherever you go, look for the rainbow in every storm. Fly like an angel and never give up. Goodbye, my friend! While I know that you are going far away, you will never be forgotten. No matter how far away you go, I feel like you are still at my side.
3. No distance, or space of time can ever lessen a friendship among friends who know each other’s true worth.
4. Though we may be miles apart, that will never keep apart our hearts. For true friendship, you can’t count the miles. You only count each and every smile.
5. I feel so lucky that I was able to have a friend so great that it feels impossible to say goodbye.
6. True friendship is a lot like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it becomes to leave. No matter what you do, you can never leave without leaving footprints behind. Goodbye, my friend!
7. Saying goodbye to a friend is never easy, so I’ll just say an early hello for the next time I see you.
8. When you hear a good song, you don’t forget it once the tune fads and stops playing. Just like a good song, a good friend leaves priceless memories that keep playing, even when the friend is far away.
9. The way I look at it, saying goodbye to a friend just means that a hello is soon to come. Until our next hello, don’t forget me!
10. The world could come to an end, but as I say goodbye to my friend, I know that I will overcome the pain because some day, we will meet again.
11. Our friendship is definitely the best thing that ever happened to me. Being around you has made me smile and has set my heart free. Now, I can’t believe that fate would rip you away from me. I just wanted you to know that I already miss you from the bottom of my heart.
12. Somehow, I know that we will meet again. I can’t be sure where or exactly when. I just know you are in my heart, so until then, I will say goodbye.
13. When leaving,a true friend never really says goodbye. They just say, “See you soon!”
14. Goodbyes are never forever, and goodbyes are not the end. They are just a way to say, “I’ll miss you” until we can meet again!
15. True friends can never really say goodbye or be apart. They just have extended leaves of absences from one another.
16. You and I will meet again when we least expect it. In some far off place, I will see your face. For now, I will not say goodbye to my friend because I know we will meet up again.
17. If there comes a day when we cannot be next to each other all the time, keep me inside your heart. I’ll stay there forever if you let me.
18. It might be hard to say “goodbye,” but the “good” is just a promise of better things to come.
19. A memory lasts forever and it will never die. Thus, true friends can stay together and never really say goodbye.
20. Farewell, my friend. I am sad and I miss you already, but I know that you will be happy wherever you go. The thought that you will be happy makes me happy as well.
21. Saying goodbye is really tough. The only thing that makes it better is the hope that we will meet up again someday.
22. Remember all of the smiles and laughter we shared because that is how I will always remember you. I’d rather you forget me than remember any sadness, so keep my smile in your mind. Goodbye, my friend!
23. A strong friendship does not need constant togetherness or daily conversations. All it needs is a friendship that remains in the heart, even when the friends may be kept apart. Goodbye, dearest friend!
24. Though it has only been a short while, I have never had as good of a friend as you. Now you are leaving, and I do not know what to do. Your love and understanding have given me new hopes, so I just wish that I could make you stay here and tied to me with a rope.
25. This is not a goodbye, my dearest friend. This is a thank you for all of the laughter, happiness and joy that you have brought into my life.
26. You might be gone, but you will never be forgotten. Friendship like yours is cared in the heart for a lifetime.
27. I know that we will stay friends for life and share all of our dearest friends together. We’ll walk down the road of life together and share our memories for life. Even when we are pulled into different worlds, our friendship and memories will remain for life. This is not goodbye forever, just goodbye for life.
28. Don’t be dismayed that we have to say goodbye—a farewell is necessary for us to say hello again. Whether we meet again after a moment or an entire lifetime, it will happen because we are best friends.
29. Our memories of yesterday are enough happiness for a lifetime. We’ll just take the best, ignore the rest and hope to relive some of those happy memories again in the future.
30. For us, there can never really be a goodbye. No matter where you go in the world, you will always remain close to me in my heart.
31. Saying goodbye doesn’t really mean anything at all. All that matters is the time we spent together and not how we left.
32. As you move on, remember me, remember us and all we used to be.
33. It is time to say goodbye. Since I think goodbyes are sad, I’d rather tell you hello. Instead of goodbye, here is a hello to a brand-new adventure!
34. It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.
35. The time too quickly comes for parting, so our time is at an end. The next phase of your life is starting, so we will no longer have time to spend. You’ve had shining moments that lit up life’s dark stage. In my book of amazing things, you could never be just another page.
36. Goodbye seems like forever, and a farewell seems like a final end. In my heart there will always be a memory, and you’ll never leave me.
37. They say that being in love means you never have to say you’re sorry, but being a friend means you never have to truly say goodbye.
38. We used to be just two strangers, but then we became two best friends. Now that we are friends, I hope that we never have to be strangers again, even if we live miles away from each other.
39. I always thought that we would be friends forever and always be around each other. Forever just got a lot shorter than I thought it would be. Feeling sad doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t leave and go for your dreams though
40. You should never say goodbye to a friend because saying goodbye means leaving, and leaving means forgetting.
41. I like that it is hard to say goodbye because it means that I have found a true friend.
42. We have known each other forever, and we are now going our separate ways. Some might forget a friend, but you will always be a part of me.
43. We may be moving apart, but I will always hold you dear in my heart!
44. When the sun says farewell to the earth, it leaves a sunset as a final gift. When friends say goodbye, they leave priceless memories of happiness. Goodbye, my friend!
45. We may be moving apart, but your friendship is rooted deep in my heart. Goodbye, my friend!
46. While we pursue our own paths in life, I know that all paths will lead back to each other. We will see each other again soon!
47. Saying goodbye to a friend might be hard, but it is only hard because you are such a good friend. I am lucky to have found a friend like you.
48. To a true friend: goodbye for now, but remember that hello will come again soon enough.
49. You might be ready to say goodbye to all of us, but we are not ready to say farewell to you. We will miss you so much!
50. It is time to move on and reach for new heights. Just don’t forget the friends who have loved you forever.
51. How lucky I am to have a friend so amazing that it feels impossible to say goodbye!
52. Don’t cry because you have to say goodbye. Smile because you have someone worth crying over.
53. This is not goodbye, my friend, this is thank you. Thank you for coming into my life and filling my life with such joy.
54. Goodbye is the hardest thing in the world to say when saying goodbye is not what you want.
55. Even if we cannot be together for always, I’m still glad that you were a part of my life.
56. “If you are brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paulo Coehlo
57. “Goodbye always makes my throat hurt.” – Charlie Brown
58. At some point, you discover that people can remain in your heart, but not in your life.
59. It’s not goodbye that hurts, but all of the fond recollections that are remembered alone.
60. The only time when goodbye is painful is when you know you’ll never get to say hello again. Until our next hello, goodbye, my friend.