50 Love Sayings for Him
Love is one of the constants in the human condition. Although not every person can become president someday, most people have fallen in love at some point in their lives. Over the course of millenia, quotes and novels have sprung up about love. If you are looking for love sayings for him, the following 50 quotes are the place to start. These quotes range from movie references to celebrity insights. The only thing that they have in common is love.
1. “I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours.” -The Notebook
One of the most notorious chick flicks of all time also happens to contain some of the best contemporary love sayings. In this quote, the immensity of love is expressed beautifully.
2. ”My heart is, and always will be, yours.” -Sense and Sensibility
Written in 1811, Sense and Sensibility is a story of true love. This quote works well if you just want something short to text your boyfriend or partner.
3. ”You are what I never knew I always wanted.” -Fools Rush In
Most people who have ever been in love have felt this sentiment before. Until you met that special someone, you never realized just what you needed in someone else.
4. ”You are the only person that can make my heart beat faster and slower at the same time.” -The Hot Chick
Science has actually shown that our hearts beat faster when we are around someone we love. Our pupils dilate and our skin grows clammy as the object of our desire approaches.
5. ”My night has become a sunny dawn because of you.” -Ibn Abbad
Ibn Abbad lived in the 1300s. Despite the huge length of time between his lifetime and ours, the experience of love has remained the same.
6. ”Look, I guarantee there’ll be tough times. I guarantee that at some time, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don’t ask you to be mine, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you’re the only one for me.” -Runaway Bride
If you have never seen this movie, you should. For the next girls’ night or break up, schedule a few hours in front of your television with Runaway Bride. If anything shows the overwhelming power of love, it is a bride who has run away from the altar three times.
7. “I love you – those three words have my life in them.” -Tsarina Alexandra to Nicholas III
After falling in love, it seems like nothing else matters anymore. This love saying for him perfectly expresses that sentiment.
8. ”Grow old with me! The best is yet to be.” -Robert Browning
Robert Browning is known for having an exceptionally famous marriage with Elizabeth Barrett Browning. You may know her name from the quote, “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.”
9. ”Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others and the delight in the recognition.” -Alexander Smith
For long-term relationships, this quote rings true. As you age with your partner, it can seem like you exactly match his personality.
10. ”I love you so much that I’m willing to make funny faces in public just to see you smile.” -Unknown
There are many things that we will give up for love. This quote shows that public humiliation is just one way that we show our loved ones just what they mean to us.
11. ”You know when you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” -Dr. Seuss
Apparently, Dr. Seuss writes some of the world’s best kids’ books and love quotes.
12. “Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it.” -Braveheart
How many times have we been held back in life by our fears? If you like him, let him know!
13. “And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.” -Paul McCartney
This reminds me of the cutesy equations about love that say that love is never divided, just multiplied.
14. ”Don’t say we aren’t right for each other, the way I see it is…we aren’t right for anyone else.” -The Cutting Edge
If you have been going through a rough patch in your relationship, you can let him know that you are still committed and believe that he is the right person.
15. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.” -The Notebook
For a short love letter or long text message, this love saying for him is sure to work.
16. “I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.” -Dirty Dancing
This perfectly describes the sentiment of being in love during the first few months. Although you may have a reason to end the relationship, the vibrancy and life that you feel together makes it impossible to separate.
17. ”There are millions of people in this world. But in the end, it all comes down to one.” -Crazy/Beautiful
There are billions of people that you will never meet in your lifetime. The only thing that matters is finding the one person who is truly important to you. Once you have them, never let them go.
18. ”If I know what love is, it is because of you.” -Hermann Hesse
Known for writing Siddhartha, Hesse has a poetic way of framing thoughts about love.
19. ”Forever isn’t long at all when I’m with you.” -Winnie the Pooh
If you are looking for a cuter love saying or quote, this is the one to choose.
20. “If a thing loves, it is infinite.” -William Blake
Every person strives to have an influence past their individual lifetime. This quote expresses that desire and shows how each person can live forever through love.
21. ”I love you without reason and that is reason enough.” -Unknown
Although the author may be unknown, this quote is still extremely accurate.
22. ”I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once.” -John Green
Some people fall in love at first sight. For most people, this quote is a better description of the process.
23. “I have decided to stick to love; hate is too great a burden to bear.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.
This love saying applies to romantic love and to love between humanity at large. Carrying around the burden of hate against an ex is never a healthy thing to do.
24. “All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love.” -Leo Tolstoy
Known for his epic novels, Tolstoy may have a point. If there wasn’t love in the world, what would matter?
25. “Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. Pain of love lasts a lifetime.” -Bette Davis
If you recently went through a breakup, this quote may feel like your exact experience.
26. “Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop.” -H. L. Mencken
It may be true, but hopefully your love will not be a war.
27. “It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together… and I knew it.” -Tom Hanks, Sleepless In Seattle
It isn’t the major things that attract you to someone; it’s all of the little things.
28. “With love one can live even without happiness.” -Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Considering the general grim nature of Dostoyevsky’s life, this is a high praise for the power of love.
29. “Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” -Ali MacGraw, Love Story
The book and movie are some of the most famous love stories of the past 50 years.
30. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” -Helen Keller
Blind and deaf, Helen Keller offers a valuable insight into the nature of love.
31. “Life is messy. Love is messier.” -Catch and Release
Anyone who has ever been in a breakup or an argument can vouch for this sentiment.
32. “Don’t forget I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.” -Notting Hill
In the end, aren’t we all just a girl standing in front of a boy?
33. “And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God.” -Les Miserables
This may not be exactly accurate, but it is a beautiful sentiment.
34. “Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself.” -Oprah Winfrey
Oprah may have a point. You should be with someone who loves you for who you are and lets you be yourself.
35. “Men are a luxury. Not a necessity.” – Cher
If you are looking for a breakup quote to send your boyfriend, this is the one to use. Otherwise, you should probably avoid it—he might get the wrong idea.
36. “The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that’s that.” -Woody Allen
For every girl who has dated the bad boy or guy from across town, this quote perfectly describes the sensation of wanting the illogical.
37. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
Truer words were never spoken.
38. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” -Lao Tzu
One of China’s best philosophers, Lao Tzu may have been on to something about this whole love thing.
39. “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.” -T. Tolis
During a relationship, this sentiment may not be fully felt. Often, we only realize what we have after it is taken away.
40. “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” -John Lennon
Beautiful and sentimental, this quote could be used in a love letter or in an e-mail to your boyfriend.
41. “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” -Plato
If you are using this list to express your love, you probably agree with this sentiment.
42. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” -A. A. Milne
Romantic and gorgeously expressed, this is one of the best love quotes on the list by far.
43. “Where there is love there is life.” -Mahatma Gandhi
If anyone knew the meaning of life, it would have to be Gandhi.
44. “Love is so short, forgetting is so long.” -Pablo Neruda
Famous for his poetry about love, Neruda has a way with words.
45. “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.” -Sophocles
This quote gets to the heart of being in love within an instant.
46. “Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.” -Paulo Coelho
Famed for his best-selling novels, Paulo Coelho frequently writes about the power of love. In this quote, he expresses how love has a mind of its own and permeates our lives.
47. “We are shaped and fashioned by those we love.” -Geothe
Philosopher or psychiatrist? It’s hard to tell in this beautifully written love quote.
48. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” -When Harry Met Sally
The classic friend zone movie has a number of quotes about love. This is just one of the many selections from the movie.
49. “When love is not madness it is not love.” -Pedro Calderón de la Barca
Being in love may be madness, but in that case, who would want to be sane?
50. “Better to have lost and loved than never to have loved at all.” -Hemingway
Hemingway sums up all of these sentiments perfectly. Even when your love is gone, it is still better to have loved and risked it all. Life is all about the people we love and care about.