How Well Do You Know Me? 40 Questions for Couples
Does your partner know you? Truly know you? Why not quiz them on it?! Of course, they will quiz you too…
Truth be told we all grow and as we grow we change. From your favorite foods, to your dream job – it can all change. To keep your relationship with someone fresh, ask them questions regularly. Don’t get lazy – just because you wake up next to them doesn’t mean you know everything there is to know about them. To have a healthy relationship, you have to be curious about your partner, as well as grow together by doing new things together. Whatever goes stagnant dies, so keep things alive!
1. What’s my favorite season?
Maybe hint about doing something special, like a wonderful spring/summer/autumn/winter date to celebrate your favorite season next time it comes around! After all, you need to celebrate what you love and doing it together helps the relationship grow stronger.
2. What’s my favorite restaurant?
If they don’t know this, you don’t go on enough dates…then again, only going on dinner dates gets boring. Still, they should know where to take you when you want to celebrate, or need a bit of encouragement.
3. What’s my dream vacation?
Well, they best know this, so you can plan it together!
4. What’s the one city I’d move to if I was to move somewhere else?
If the two of you ever feel like a change of scenery it’s great if they are aware of where you’d consider moving. After all, those plan Bs sometimes should have been plan As, or out of necessity become so. And if you already know you want to move there some day, then they definitively need to know about it!
5. Would I rather spend time by the lake, or ocean?
Maybe this will inspire them to take you on a vacation…unless you already live by a lake or the ocean that is!
6. What’s my favorite car brand?
If they ever decide to buy you a car…
7. What’s the one thing in my life right now that I really want to change?
No matter how far we get, new things always arise that we are working out. To feel close as a couple you need to know where you’re both at and how you wish to move forward.
8. What’s my favorite TV show of all time?
Maybe you’re currently addicted to one show or another, but do they know what your favorite TV show of all time is?
9. What’s the one language I’d like to be fluent in that I’m not…yet?
Maybe the two of you should take a course together and then travel to the country where they speak said language? Or indulge in the food and culture locally? Most of us want to learn a language because we’re either in love with the culture, food, people, or actual country and some of it can be had right where you are. You can easily do a themed date night, for example, where you eat Spanish food, take a salsa class and watch a Latin movie together.
10. What’s my favorite romantic gesture?
They better make note about this one if they didn’t already know! Romantic gestures are important to keep a relationship alive.
11. What comforts me when I’m sad?
Again, this is something that can help your relationship. Often our partners are crestfallen when we are sad – they want to comfort us, but they aren’t sure of what to do or say. It will help them hearing from you what it is you actually want.
12. What can you do to perk me up on a day when I’m feeling down?
Sometimes when we are irritated or feeling down it’s hard for us to put into words that we would like a hug, a trip to the movies, or some home cooked food served to us with much gusto. It’s therefore better people know in advance what makes us feel better on days when we’re out of sorts (or just have PMS!). If he knows you really well he will already know this, but it can take years to figure some things out, so if he doesn’t, help him along!
13. What’s my favorite love language(s)?
If you both haven’t already read Gary Chapman’s The Five Love Languages, you better! We all need to be loved in different ways and this book is such a simple read to show how small changes in a relationship can make us feel more loved.
14. What’s my favorite book(s)?
Classic question, but knowing each other’s favorite books, movies, etc. helps you understand one another. Also, some books make for awesome topics of conversation. You can even go on book dates, where you go to a bookstore, buy each other one of your favorite books each and then go to a café to sit down and read and discuss them.
15. What’s my favorite movie(s)?
They gotta get it right for the Netflix nights!
16. What are the spices/herbs I hate?
Now, here’s a great one to avoid ending up eating things you dislike!
17. What are my favorite foods?
Where should they take you on a date next? Indian? Thai? Chinese? Vietnamese? American? Italian?
18. What’s my favorite brand of chocolate?
Clearly, this is essential information.
19. When’s my birthday?
Now if they don’t remember this… You might want to hint on what you consider great gifts whilst at it too…maybe you prefer ding something with him, as opposed to receiving a gift? Maybe you love roses, or maybe you think buying flowers is a waste of money? It’s always great to share your loves in the gift department, or you might very well end up disappointed.
20. What are three of my favorite things about you?
The perfect chance to compliment them a little! Of course, you then have to answer what their favorite things are about you…which could lead to some great compliments in return!
21. What are three of my pet peeves?
Great for them to know so that they don’t accidentally piss you off or drive you insane with irritation…
23. What are three creative, out of the box, dates that I would love?
Now this will get their brain into gear…and hopefully make them take you on those dates!
24. What are my favorite brands and flavors of ice cream?
Take it from one who knows: it’s vital a man can buy you the right brand and flavor of ice cream. Otherwise, that movie night, or that surprise “perk me up after a long day” just doesn’t work.
25. What are three things I’ve done that I’m really proud of?
Is it your academic achievements, your heartfelt gestures, your adventurous trips, or something else that you are truly proud of?
26. What are three countries I’m wanting to visit?
This is where you can start dreaming together, planning your adventures.
27. What are three places I’ve been to that I’d love to go back to?
And you could go there together so that you can show him these amazing places hint, hint, wink, wink.
28. Do I prefer plays or musical?
Random question maybe, but it does show if he knows you well. Unless, of course, you are both in theatre and discuss these kinds of things all the time.
29. Who are my heroes?
Most of us have people whom we look up to and who inspire us, be it our grandparents or Angelina Jolie.
30. What’s a childhood memory that I’m really fond of?
If they know about the childhood memories you treasure, they really do know you quite well, don’t they? And if they don’t, now’s the time to share. After all, your childhood is greatly what made you who you are today.
31. What was my favorite date night with you?
It always helps to talk about beautiful memories you share. It’s like a bonding exercise.
32. What are my favorite things about your personality?
Another great opportunity to compliment them! And most people thrive on compliments.
33. What’s my number one career goal?
Helps if they know where you are heading as they should be next to you when you go there and be your biggest support along the way.
34. What’s my favorite clothing/lingerie store and/or my favorite designer?
Should they ever decide to buy you clothes, this is essential information.
35. What’s a recurring dream I have?
Have you shared your subconscious mind with them? Otherwise, it might be about time you did!
36. What makes me feel happy when falling asleep, or helps me fall asleep?
How is it that you’d like to fall asleep every night? Do you like listening to music? Is it essential your partner is hugging you? Do you like to keep a light on? What makes you feel safe and secure, as well as happy when you drift off to sleep?
37. What do I consider romantic places for a kiss?
Here’s a chance to turn your relationship even more romantic by making him think of where to kiss you next. Though, of course, if you consider the Eiffel Tower to be the number one destination for a kiss, it might also require a budget…
38. What are three things that make me smile?
They should seriously know a whole lot more than three…
39. Who are three of my favorite artists?
Crucial to know when preparing the iPod for a road trip…
40. What’s one thing I’d like to take classes in?
Most of us want to deepen our knowledge about one topic or another. Maybe you can take classes together?