How to Make Him Want You

By on May 14, 2014

If you’ve got someone special in mind, you’ve probably got one thing on your mind: “How do I get him to want me as much as I want him?” Don’t worry- we’ve got you covered. Here are 20 of the best ways to get him to notice you- want you- and then of course, need you. (Let’s just say I see a new, amazing relationship on the horizon….)

1bdfd40d1072d9744eb3a0aa717b2067

1. Get Dolled Up

Nothing says, “Hey, look at me world!” quite like a fresh coat of boldly dark red lipstick on a pair of plump womanly lips. There’s just something about this look that seems to drive the men crazy, and it will definitely get the attention from the guy you’re after. He won’t help but notice those enticing lips enter the room. And if you really want to add some spunk to your style, try to define the hot style with a gorgeous hairstyle and a flirty outfit.

2. …Or Keep it Natural

We should tell you, though: some guys are totally not into the red lipstick thing. And while the percentage of guys who don’t find this attractive IS significantly low, it’s still possible. If he’s got a past history of dating natural-looking women who don’t wear much makeup, or he’s expressed his likes of the ‘no makeup’ style, you might want to tone it down. Add a subtle amount of makeup to enhance your natural features and let your hair go straight. You might grab his attention BETTER this way!

3. Play Hard to Get

This doesn’t mean you have to be totally rude and deny him every chance you get. Some women tend to take the ‘play hard to get’ game a little too far and end up coming across as a disinterested, self absorbed rude female. You want to flirt a little, smile a little, and text/call a little- but not too much. Don’t give everything away at once- make him work for it and always keep something hidden away for next time.

c101a8fb75e808adef2ba527074de707

4. Don’t Be Needy

Even if he is the man of your dreams and you know the two of you would be the perfect couple, you can’t let HIM know that! Never appear needy. We can’t express this enough! It’s simply unattractive and nobody wants to be with someone who is desperate in any way, shape, or form. Drop subtle hints that you are interested but don’t go overboard!

d8273e3cc42b3892384b095c0f35e492

5. That Being Said…Let Him Call/Text First

Back in the day, it was the man’s job to call the woman- not the other way around. And while in this day and age men and women will contact each other willy nilly, it tends to work best if the man calls the lady first. Not only is it an old-fashioned form of chivalry, but it will also make him want you more.

6. Don’t Look Like a High-Maintenance Woman

I can’t tell you how many times men have said how a high-maintenance woman is simply a turn off. No man wants to deal with a self absorbed princess who thinks those around her should jump through fiery hoops (while bearing gifts of silver and gold) or please her. You will certainly have him running in the opposite direction with a high-maintenance look and attitude, so try to keep it simple and casual as much as possible.

cb08af0d1d30ee5147e5f579d340e1d9

7. Show Him Your Funny Side

A woman that can make a him laugh, AKA the woman of his dreams. Guys just love it when a woman has a good personality and can make jokes that really have him rolling. If you want to impress him and make him want you, lay down the charm and your best jokes- it’s a surefire way to get him craving more.

8. Confidence is Key

Just like it’s important to have a killer personality, there’s really nothing more attractive on a woman than her confidence. And if you can show him you can work the room with your head held high and a smile on your face, you will UNDOUBTEDLY grab his attention- almost immediately- and you’ll probably have his eyes on you for the next few weeks until he makes his move.

01a35789f1c677fba1d0ab11baee2fcf

9. What’s That Smell?

I think we all know how much men love it when a women smells good. So before you go anywhere near the man of your dreams, make sure you spray on the most divine scent you own. He will be instantly attracted to the smell and want to be near you.

10. Be Flirty

It might seem like an obvious thing to do, but you would be surprised at how many women forget to do it. They’ll have a basic conversation or simply be too shy to do any type of flirting. But men LOVE to flirt, and they will certainly be interested if you start making flirty remarks that entice him.

bcd41dd9775a996c1ab6cda199a3f317

11. Touch His Arm

Nothing makes a man happier than a smiling, laughing woman touching his arm playfully. Plus it’s a surefire way to let him know that you’re interested. After you do the ole, ‘touch and smile’ charade, you can expect him paying a lot more attention to you than ever before.

12. Be Down to Earth

A woman who can present herself as a classy and confident woman while also being able to play video games and engage in sports is a down to earth lady that every guy wishes he could have. Don’t be afraid to get down and dirty and-gasp- break a nail. He will love how versatile you are, knowing he can take you to a fancy dinner at the most respectable spot in town while also being able to take you to a sports game.

7fdef451ed28359c3487c1826a4bb936

13. Be Mysterious

The less he knows, the more he craves- and that’s the rule of thumb you need to keep in mind throughout all of your interactions and conversations with him.

14. Compliment Him

This might go under the category of ‘flirting’ for some of you, but others look at flirting and complimenting in totally different ways. While a flirt might be presented as a cute tease or enticing joke, a compliment is more natural and real and focuses on something you genuinely like about the man. Just remember, don’t overdo it with the compliments to the point where you look obsessed. One good, genuine compliment is enough for him,

15. Make Him Jealous

Ever heard the saying, “You don’t know what you have until it’s gone”? That statement kind of applies here. Yeah, he hasn’t lost you- but he could. And that will drive him nuts. Again, it’s important not to go overboard with trying to make him jealous. A simple flirt with another man lets him know that you are on the hunt for a man, but he’s not the only one you’re interested in and he will have to do a little something to win over your affection.

ca12a5470d2a0eb1628f199e9e31e82a

16. .But Also Don’t Get Jealous

If he tries to pull the same tricks on you, you CAN’T let it bother you. In fact, pretend it didn’t even happen in the first place- even though it may be eating you up inside. This will drive him NUTS, knowing you are too confident in yourself to let a little flirting get you angry.

17. Kindness Goes a Long Way

We all know that every man is seeking the perfect ‘girl next door’. That being said, it’s important to be kind and a bit shy, disclosing that sexy and seductive side until the two of you are alone of course. He will love your kindness and be drawn to your real, genuine attitude.

15ae458bd74b32dbd4e40170c309d3bd

18. Plenty of Eye Contact

A person’s eyes can say more than words could ever describe- and that’s why eye contact is so incredibly important when you’re interested in a man. Keeping eye contact with him, especially if you add a bit of seductiveness to your looks, will let him know that you are feeling him and definitely want him. He won’t be able to resist your alluring eyes!

19. Smile Often

A man loves it when he can make a woman smile and laugh. There is just something about a lady’s beautiful smile that men can’t get enough of. So make sure you’re smiling and giggling as much as possible. He will love every minute of it and really fall for that dazzling smile you have.

20. Tell Him That You Want Him

Like we said before, there is really nothing more attractive on a woman than her confidence and her smile. And if you are confident enough to tell him that you WANT him, you will not only surprise him, but compliment him so greatly he won’t know what to do. And don’t be surprised if he doesn’t answer right away. He will probably be shocked at your openness and not know how to react right off the bat. But trust us, when all else fails and he still hasn’t taken the hint (sometimes guys just don’t get it) this is the ONLY way to go- and you won’t be disappointed with what happens next.

Ameera

July 29, 2016 at 8:33 am

I asked something but i don’t see it here? 🙁

July 31, 2016 at 4:22 pm

I have to answer and approve each comment individually, so it can sometimes take me a little while to get around to answering all of them. By now, you should have a response. If you don’t see one, try sending the comment again. Thanks!

Ameera

July 28, 2016 at 6:29 pm

What does it mean when you see your ex walking by, and he stares and lookes at your side, and look/stares at you for a couple seconds. I didn’t stare back at him and just act like he didn’t exist because things weren’t so well.

July 29, 2016 at 10:51 pm

There are many reasons for why an ex would stare at you. If you do not want to develop a relationship, then there is no reason for you speak with him. If he begins to bother you with his stares or actions, then speak to him directly and honestly about your desire for him to stop. If he respects you, then he will stop. If he does not respect you, then you know for certain that you have made a good decision to end the relationship with him. Remain positive as you move forward.

erin

July 21, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Hello I met this guy though my sister he was in the beginning very nice and wanted to go out with me.one time I can say I did brake his heart but he came back even though I did that then we got in to a fight I let him cool off for a couple days we didn’t text for awhile.then I decide to text him.now we are just friends should I wait_.

July 23, 2016 at 3:39 pm

If your relationship was developed enough to the level where you were able to ‘break his heart’, then it is possible that your relationship is over. If the two of you are just friends now, then be the best friend that you are able to be. Remain emotionally available and spend time with him. Make your desires clear to him by speaking with him directly and honestly. If h shares your feelings, then you know that have a chance to redefine your relationship.

Kayla

June 26, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Oh and I don’t know whether I should act calm or be wild and fun

June 27, 2016 at 1:05 pm

Kayla, act in a respectful manner in everything you do. That said, there is no reason to not be wild and fun. Enjoy your life. First, do no harm to others. Second, do beneficial actions. And finally, observe your experiences and gain further insight.

Kayla

June 26, 2016 at 10:10 pm

I really like this guy from school. I got his number and then he told me he liked me. I told him how I felt about him, and then we started texting more often. He likes another girl too but I think he likes her more then me. I don’t know what to do how do I get him to prefer me? Or just to notice and want me again.

June 27, 2016 at 1:04 pm

If he has chosen to speak with someone else at the cost of your relationship, then it is clear that he does not treat you with respect. Forget him. You do not deserve to be passed over by someone that has told you that they care about you. Look inward and move away from this person.

Kiki

June 22, 2016 at 5:02 pm

So, this guy kept flirting with me at work, we have known each other for years, I went abroad and went back to the clinic I work in. So, he’s working there now too. The thing is that he was just plain flirty, alays tickling me, making eye contact. One day after he left my department and got all hot, I texted him kinda of fliring with him, we started texting back and forward that day and he asked me out, I said yes. We were supposed to go out on a Monday night, when Monday came no text from him all morning and part of the afternoon, so I texted him and asked him if the date was still on, he said no, he was under the weather. After that text he haven’t text back, I think he ghosted me. And I don’t know how to act, because he has to go to my department every other day. I haven’t seen him, yet I erased his number from my personal phone, just not to be tempted to text him. I just don’t know why he ghosted me, he’s a grown up man, he should have told me that he doesn’t think us going on a date is a good idea. I’m frustrated in his behavior.
    Please help.

June 22, 2016 at 10:10 pm

If you deleted his number from your phone, then the relationship is over. There is no reason to try to cultivate a relationship other than general friendship. Move on from him and either spend some time looking inward, or develop a relationship with someone else.

Kashyia Lynn

April 28, 2016 at 1:27 pm

There’s this guy that I really like. We’ve dated once but I’ve never really gotten over him. I love him with all of my heart but I don’t know what to do. I really want him back, but he’s like kinda ashamed to tell anybody that we’re dating . We’re not together but I’m kinda hoping that I can get him back soon. We always talk and make eye contact all the time and he always asks me to hang out but I don’t know what to say . I just really miss him and I want him back. Can you help me?

April 29, 2016 at 8:43 am

Why is he ashamed that you were dating? It seems weird to be ashamed of being with someone you love. If you want him back, say yes when he wants to hang out and spend more time with him. This will give you a chance to see what he wants, and he will have a chance to ask you out again. If you do start dating, you may want to have a talk about your relationship and figure out why he felt ashamed of you before. Good luck, Kashyia Lynn!

DizasianCHic

April 22, 2016 at 9:13 pm

hmm I think the jealous part is wrong, if hes making an effort to make you jealous at least tell him that you are jealous because guys might think that you don’t love him or care about him anymore.

April 23, 2016 at 10:58 am

I think so too, honestly. Making someone jealous and playing games is never a good sign of a healthy relationship. If you base your relationship on playing games, making him jealous and lying, then that is all your relationship will ever be. Thanks for commenting, DizasianChic!

Anastesia betsy.j

April 14, 2016 at 7:59 am

Hy, there’s this guy I met at a clinic. On the second meeting he gave me his number and calls me often to check on me most times I dont get to pick but I call him back. Whenever i chat him up he bearly reply but I notice hes often online. The thing is that I started doing the calling ones in a while though, cos he stopped calling me but i don’t know why. I go to visit him at his office and he really seem to enjoy my company. I really do av crush on him but I don’t knw where he stands. Cos as much as he enjoys my company he doesn’t call me or ask me out on a date or even invite me to his office by himself. How do I know if he likes or loves me , and how do I work on him. Although he looks like d shy one when it comes to relationships cos he once told me that he hasn’t being in a relationship before and that is becos he is scared.

April 15, 2016 at 6:26 pm

He may not actually be “online” when he is online. Some of my social media sites show me as online if I am reading an article on a different tab, or even if I am away from the computer for a while. In the beginning, it sounds like he liked you for sure. Now, he is either shy about asking you out or he lost interest. If you want to find out for sure, just ask him out or ask him if he wants to hang out one on one. If he does like you, he will say yes and you guys can actually start to date. Even if he says no, you will at least know that it is time to move on. Good luck, Anastesia Betsy J.

Erin

April 8, 2016 at 9:20 am

So I like this guy that goes to my school, but he is one of the most popular guys in school. Class president, friends with almost everybody. We’re really good friends and I’m afraid that if I say something it’ll ruin our friendship. What do I do?

April 8, 2016 at 9:23 am

You could have a friend ask him who he likes casually and see what his answer is. You could also just talk to him yourself–make sure to emphasize that you do not want your friendship to change, no matter what the answer is. The best friends often make the best romantic partners, so a relationship between you two could be amazing if you give it a chance. Plus, you do not want to spend the next few months or years wondering what could have happened if you had just made a move. Tell him how you feel, see what happens and hope for the best. Good luck, Erin!

Bella

April 12, 2016 at 5:48 pm

If you ask me, you should make it obvious… But NOT needy. I know it sounds complicated but it’s not. Just hang around him more be a little tiny bit more touchy and smile it’s the best thing we women have. Make him want to look at you look cute but don’t go overboard and look trashy! And be funny, who can resist a gorgeous funny girl

April 15, 2016 at 8:29 am

That sounds like good advice–I am sure that Erin will appreciate it. Thanks for commenting, Bella!

amani

March 6, 2016 at 5:04 pm

I was loving a guy in 2015 for 6 months, but he broke up with me and hot back with his ex. But that guy was ruling me so much, he wasn’t person as I dreamt I decided I shouldn’t fall for anyone after that. So 3 weeks before I met a guy in Facebook, and he said I am like the girl he dreamt for and honestly he was exactly the same as I imagined ❤ he loves me, but I am scared to fall again. What can I ever do?

March 7, 2016 at 9:06 am

There is always a risk when you fall in love. Even when things work out perfectly and you end up getting married, the divorce rate is around 50 percent. Rather than focus on the risk, focus on what you have to gain. You could miss out on a great deal of happiness in life if you are afraid of getting hurt in a relationship. You have to be willing to open yourself up again to the idea of a new love and a new relationship. If this guy seems perfect, go ahead and try to date him–you never know how things will turn out. Best of luck, Amani! 🙂

fii

February 22, 2016 at 4:58 am

Hi! Im in a long distance relationship with a guy since 6 months and he’s amazing!He’s an artist,he’s creative and always so energetic.But Im not. Im more of an average looking,quiet,shy student who doesnt socialize much.But ive been getting even more insecure ever since I came across a picture of his Ex gf on facebook.She’s an artist,an entrepreneur & way prettier than me. How do I make sure he continues to like me?

February 25, 2016 at 3:34 pm

If he is with you, then it is safe to say that he likes you. Many people feel insecure about other girls and ex-girlfriends. He ended things with her for a reason, and he is with you for an entirely different reason. Don’t worry so much about what could or will happen and trust your boyfriend. Jealousy and little worries like this can be challenging to handle in a long distance relationship, and you do not need the added stress. Enjoy your time with your boyfriend, trust him and have fun!

Kayne

February 22, 2016 at 4:05 am

My crush made his move first. and i literally fell on it. when I am already liking him, He left me hanging and hoping. I am much hurt when I saw him with his so called “bestfriend” . Can somebody tell me what to do? I need help.

February 24, 2016 at 10:38 am

Wait–he made a move? What happened? If he made a move, then now is your chance to reciprocate and ask him out or at least get his phone number. It is entirely possible for someone to like two girls at once when they are single, so now is your chance to do something. If you wait for too long, he could end up in a relationship with the “best friend”, so you cannot afford to wait too long. Good luck, Kayne!

Lexi

January 20, 2016 at 4:34 pm

I am LITERALLY that girl next door! What does it mean if he doesn’t talk to you, but stares at you and gets near you, a lot. I don’t know what to do. I want to compliment him, but I’m too shy!!! Can someone help?

January 21, 2016 at 9:47 am

He could like you and is just too shy to get near you. Due to this, you may have to overcome some of your shyness if you want to get him interested in you. It will be hard at first, but you will both gradually become more comfortable with each other. Good luck, Lexi!

Hailey

January 18, 2016 at 5:06 am

Ok so there’s this guy at school, we’re pretty good friends and have known each other for years, he used to text me quite often when he needed advice or when he was just bored… But then.. He stopped… So I text him, but he always leaves it on seen?is he trying to play ‘hard to get’ ? I know he doesn’t hate me because once I told him “thought you hated me lol” then he said “wtf” I used to like him and he knew too, but I stopped and he knew THAT too, but now I think I’m getting those butterflies again.. He always jokes around with me at school, and makes me laugh and smile, but he always ignores my messages… And he knows that whenever I see a message on seen I get irritated…what is he doing??? It drives me insane

January 20, 2016 at 3:57 pm

It looks like you may have commented twice on this one. I have to approve and answer each comment before it appears, so it can sometimes take a little while for me to get around to all of them. If you do not see your comment right away, do not worry because you will. Thanks for commenting!

Hailey

January 18, 2016 at 5:00 am

Ok so me and this guy had been friends for several years, and I used to like him, and he knew that too ! But he knows that I don’t like him anymore, but I’m kind of getting those feelings again??? We used to be really good friends, and still are, but whenever I try to text him, he always leaves it on seen… Is he trying to play “hard to get”? He always makes me laugh, and smile at school.. And he used to be the one to text ME, but whenever I text HIM, he’ll just leave it on seen, unless it’s a question for homework… What are your thoughts on this?? And I even said “Lol I thought you hated me” and he said “wtf” so I’m guessing he doesn’t hate me… But why doesn’t he want to talk to me?

January 20, 2016 at 3:56 pm

I doubt that he is playing hard to get. He probably just thinks that you are both friends and does not think too much about what he is doing. I just think that he views you as a friend, so he treats you like a friend. It probably is not a big deal to him to leave messages marked as “seen” or forget to respond to non-urgent questions. Although it hurts to realize he does not like you as a crush, at least he is not trying to play with your feelings.

ilovetroy

January 12, 2016 at 2:47 pm

my crush doesnt like me i think of him constantly though

January 14, 2016 at 4:48 pm

That is too bad. 🙁 Unfortunately, there is no way to make someone like you unless they are already leaning that way. The tips in this article can help, but he would have to already be somewhat inclined to like you. Who knows? Maybe he will realize in a few months or years what a great catch you would be. 🙂

Victoria Jones

January 9, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Hi, I have a male friend in Australia. We met on Facebook in Sept 2015 but I knew his mum. We got talking and we chat on Facebook messenger everyday and he sometimes rings me. His gf broke up with him in October and he told me he wouldn’t go out with anyone for one, maybe two years or unless someone swept him off his feet. I really like him even though we have never met but he is coming over to the UK in June and I am going over there in November and hopefully moving to Oz in a couple of years. He knows I like him but has never rejected me even though he’s not ready to date anyone. When we talk he constantly teases me and we tell each other everything. Does it sound like he likes me?

January 10, 2016 at 3:18 pm

It sounds like he could like you for sure. The only problem is that he still needs to heal from his last relationship, and you still have the long distance aspect of the relationship to overcome. If I were in your shoes, I would keep talking to him and remain friends until he comes to the United Kingdom. Once he arrives, you guys can hang out in person a couple of times until you ask him if he just wants to try dating. After healing for the next few months and getting to know you better, I am sure that your chances of getting him to date you will be much higher. Good luck, Victoria!

Abby

December 26, 2015 at 2:21 am

December 31, 2015 at 5:58 pm

You are very welcome. I hope that these tips will work for you. Good luck, Abby!

Ger

December 12, 2015 at 4:23 am

As a guy I can tell you that most of this will get you the opposite reaction… If you don’t show jealousy, ever… It’s because you’re not interested. At all. Expecting him to always call/text first is just another way of showing him you’re not into it. Not all, but some of us prefer the shy type, not the excess of confidence. Playing games and enjoying sports may be a good thing… But don’t just pretend you do. If you don’t like them, it’s best to be honest. The “be mysterious” one can go bad as well. If you don’t open up, he’ll probably feel like you’re not into it. And so on… The best advice is… Just be yourself. If he doesn’t like you for being you, you’ll be just wasting your time and emotions with him.

December 14, 2015 at 4:45 pm

I like your advice, Ger. Personally, I am all for the being yourself and being honest. If you act like someone else, then he is not actually falling for you. I would rather have a guy not like me for who I am than have him fall for someone I am not. If the relationship continues, the guy would sooner or later find out that he was not actually dating the person he originally wanted to be with. Thanks for commenting, Ger!