50 Girly Quotes and Sayings
Whether you just want a quote or need some morale support, these girly quotes and sayings are designed for you. With quotes from top celebrities like Marilyn Monroe, these sayings range from topics like shopping to relationships with boyfriends. If we missed your favorite girly saying, make sure to add it into the comments section.
1. Choose the guy that takes you to meet his parents and not his bedroom.
This is always excellent advice. If a guy will not introduce you to his parents, be wary.
2. No boy is worth your tears, and the one who is will never make you cry.
If you are constantly feeling upset, then you are probably in the wrong relationship.
3. Who is a girl??? A girl is the most beautiful part of God’s creation. Respect every lady in your life. You will never know what she has sacrificed for you.
Unfortunately, it seems like many partners have not realized this yet.
4. Whatever boys can do, girls can do better.
“Sooner or later, I am better than you.” –Do you remember singing this song as a kid?
5. Make a girl happy. That’s the most amazing feeling she can ever experience.
It takes so little to make someone happy, but it means so much to them.
6. “Men who don’t like girls with brains, don’t like girls.” – Mignon McLaughlin
You want to find someone who loves you for who you are and not how you look.
7. I’m not a perfect girl. My hair doesn’t always stay in place, and I spill things a lot. I’m pretty clumsy and sometimes I have a broken heart. My friends and I sometimes fight, and some days nothing goes right. But when I think about it and take a step back, I remember how amazing life truly is and that maybe, just maybe, I like being imperfect!
Let’s celebrate the imperfections in everyone. It is the imperfections that make you perfect for your future soulmate, and through their eyes, you become perfect.
8. Don’t cry for a guy because girls give and forgive, and guys get and forget.
Hopefully, this girl quote is not true in every case.
9. I’m a girl…Don’t touch my hair, face, phone, or boyfriend.
Sheesh! We get it already!
10. Dear Girls, Dressing immodestly is like rolling around in manure. Yes, you’ll get attention, but mostly from pigs. Sincerely, Real Men
The way you portray yourself greatly impacts the type of guy that you are going to attract.
11. “Love is so confusing – you tell a girl she looks great and what’s the first thing you do? Turn out the lights!” – Robert Orben
If you wanted a funnier girly saying, this will be the perfect quote. How ironic is it that you sleep with someone you are attracted to, but always turn out the lights?
12. When guys get jealous, it can be kind of cute. When girls get jealous, World War III is about to start.
Never underestimate a woman who has been wronged.
13. “A girl doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her.” – Marilyn Monroe
Independence is a useful skill to have, and the confidence that independence gives you can be incredibly attractive.
14. I’m the type of girl that puts on her better smile, her better outfit, and better attitude and shows him what he left behind.
If he left you for someone else, show him everything that he is starting to miss out on.
15. “The saddest thing for a girl to do is to dumb herself down for a guy.” – Emma Watson
If your boyfriend cannot handle you being more intelligent than he is, leave him—he is not worth your time.
16. Smart girls open their mind, easy girls open their legs, and foolish girls open their heart.
Hopefully, you will meet someone who you can truly open your heart to some day.
17. Make up can make you beautiful on the outside, but it won’t work if you are ugly on the inside.
How very true! You can be the prettiest looking person in the world, but it won’t matter if looks are all that you have to offer.
18. Keep your heels, head, and standards high.
This is not the best girly quote, obviously, for ladies who trip in heels. 😉
19. “Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.” – Mae West
I think that what this is saying is that we should all live life on the edge.
20. Girls will be girls! We laugh at the dumbest jokes, go along with the craziest ideas, and still manage to have the best times.
Here’s to wishing that the good times last, and the bad times fade away!
21. A beautiful girl is nothing if she has an ugly heart.
It is amazing how much a good personality does to make someone seem attractive. Even the ugliest person seems beautiful when they have an amazing personality that shines through.
22. I am a girl. I don’t smoke, drink or party every weekend. I don’t sleep around or start drama to get attention. Yes, we do still exist.
23. Girls are like telephones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you push the wrong button, you get disconnected.
This analogy is an excellent way to let guys know how they need to act in a relationship.
24. I’m a girl. I overreact. I underestimate. I overestimate. I over think everything. I dream big. And when I say I love you, I’m not lying!
If you needed a girly quote that tells it like it is, this is the one to choose.
25. All girls want a guy who’s taller than her, so she can wrap her arms around his neck when they hug and kiss.
I do not know if this goes for every girl out there, but it sounds like a logical explanation as to why most girls date guys who are taller than them.
26. Don’t search for a man that will solve all your problems; he won’t. Find one that won’t let you face them alone.
Your soulmate is someone that you can face all of the ups and downs of life with. If he is not there for you during the hard times, you will not be able to count on having his support.
27. “Every girl wants a bad boy who is good only for her, and every guy wants a good girl who is bad only for him.” – Evette Carter
Although this makes it seem like gender relationships are still stuck in the 1950s, it certainly sounds like a fairly accurate generalization.
28. You can’t compare me to the next girl because there is no competition. I’m one of a kind.
Use this saying when you need a reminder of just how awesome you are.
29. Just because she comes off strong doesn’t mean she didn’t fall asleep
I have no clue what this girly saying means unless it is an anti-rape quote.
30. “No girl should ever forget that she doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her.” – Marilyn Monroe
If he does not really want your love, attention and support, then he is less likely to stay with you.
31. “I always go for confident girls!” – Kenny Wormald
Hurray! That is exactly what I want to hear!
32. A girl needs a hand to hold in every problem and that hand should be her boyfriend’s.
If you cannot count on your boyfriend to support you in life, then who can you count on?
33. “If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything.” – Marilyn Monroe
Laughter is one of the best ways to leave a lasting impression. If you ever wondered why some girls end up with guys who are not attractive or rich, it is probably because they have a personality that fills the girl’s life with laughter and fun.
34. I love being a girl because I can wear my hair, long, short, boyish and anything else in between and get away with it.
Very true. Conservative employers may raise an eyebrow if a guy has long hair, but a girl can get away with just about any hairstyle.
35. “The laughter of girls is and ever was among the most delightful sounds on the earth.” – Dequincey
As some of the previous girly quotes mentioned, laughter is important.
36. Girls are like apples on a tree. The best ones are at the top of the tree. The boys don’t want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apples from the ground that aren’t as good, but easy. So the apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they’re amazing. They just have to wait for the right boy to come along; the one who’s brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree.
I love the imagery in this quote and the way that it perfectly describes why some guys go for the low-hanging fruit.
37. Being pretty isn’t a gift, it’s an honor!
Being intelligent, funny, compassionate and kind are also an honor.
38. You know a gal or a woman is a person so weird at times that you will never understand them. Where they are loved, they don’t love; where they are not loved, they love.
Unfortunately, this is true for many girls and guys who are in relationships.
39. “We girls, we’re tough, darling. Soft on the outside but, deep down, we’re tough.” – Kristen Ashley
Tough women were the pioneers in America, the warriors in the Amazon and spies during most major wars. Women, despite their looks, are blessed with a strong backbone and a tough outlook on life.
40. Girls work on their looks, not their minds, because they know boys are dumb, not blind.
Although the girly saying gets points for rhyming, I don’t particularly care for the message that it imparts.
41. “Shopping is really complicated if you are a girl.” – Helen Salter
No kidding! Are they leggings, jeggings or skinny jeans? Is that a tunic shirt, a long sweater or a dress that you hold in your hands? The world will never know.
42. When a girl tells you about her problems, it does not mean that she’s complaining. It means she trusts you.
Having friends and family members that you can trust is important in life.
43. Every girl needs a good guy who can help her laugh when she thinks that she’ll never smile again.
If you can laugh and smile after a fallout, you will be able to get over it.
44. “Little girls are the nicest things that happen to people.” – Allan Beck
This quote is true unless you happen to have little sisters.
45. “A wise girl knows her limits, a smart girl knows that she has none.” – Marilyn Monroe
With time, perhaps we can all learn how to be wise instead of just being smart.
46. “We look for pretty girls that we can say bad things to. No one shows up.” – Ida Løkås
Considering the number of couples that I have met in life, this quote is not always true. Sometimes, women (and men) just do not realize their value until they can get out of a toxic relationship.
47. Being a girl is tough, but I do enjoy it. Being a girl is beautiful and amazing.
Being a girl may mean lower pay in the workforce and dealing with stereotypes, but overcoming obstacles and surmounting challenges can be fun.
48. It only takes one bad boyfriend to realize that you deserve so much more.
If you are smart, you will learn from your first bad boyfriend and start dating nice guys.
49. “All right. I’m glad it’s a girl. And I hope she’ll be a fool – that’s the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
This was written in the Great Gatsby. It was said by a character who disliked her husband and was nothing more than a fixture in society. Judging by this line, she disliked her station in life and wished that the child would be a fool who would not realize the same thing.
50. “She was a girl who knew how to be happy even when she was sad. And that’s important—you know.” – Marilyn Monroe
If you can take care of your own emotional health, life will be much easier for you.
Enjoy these girly quotes on your next girls’ night or just when you need some emotional support. If you really want to go all out on a girls’ night, top it off with a bottle of wine and an Audrey Hepburn movie.