60 Father and Son Quotes
A father and son have a unique relationship. When you have a father or son that you care about, it can make a huge difference in your life. As a son, you have a father to look up to and someone to help you through any problems. As a father, you have someone to care for and to feel proud of. Whether you are a father or son, these father and son quotes are for you. Ranging from sentimental to funny, they perfectly illustrate the types of relationships that fathers and sons have with each other.
1. They say that is it a wise father who knows his own child.
2. No love can ever be greater than a lover a father bears for his son.
3. Fathers, like mothers, are never truly born. Men grow into being a father. Becoming a father is one of the most important stages in human development.
4. You don’t raise a hero; you raise a son. If you treat him like your son, then he will turn into a hero—even if he is only a hero in your own eyes.
5. I have been so proud to watch you grow up, son. You make me so proud of you that I am proud of my role in making you. Each new accomplishment and goal you reach is just another reason for me to be so proud to call you my son.
6. Any man can become a father. It takes a truly special man to become a dad.
7. One good father is worth more than a hundred teachers.
8. It is not flesh and blood that make a father and son. It is the love they have for each other.
9. Every father needs to be a role model for his son. One day, his son will follow his example instead of just following his advice.
10. Being a father has been, without a doubt, my greatest achievement in life. It has been my greatest inspiration and pride to watch you grow up, son.
11. When you take the time to teach your son, you are really teaching your son’s son as well.
12. There are always times when life can be tough. Just remember: you are tough, too, son.
13. My dearest son, I wish you all the strength in the world to face each challenge with confidence. May you have the wisdom to pick your battles carefully.
14. A father is a man who expects that his son will be as good of a man as he was once meant to be.
15. Each day of life is another chance to make a deposit in our children’s memory bank.
16. If you need me, call me. I don’t care if I’m angry at you, asleep or dealing with my own problems. If you call me, I will always be there to help you. – Dad.
17. The most important thing a father can do to raise good children is to love their mother deeply.
18. Forget Batman. When I dreamed of what I wanted to be when I grew up, I always wanted to become my father. He was the greatest example of a living hero, and I strive each day to become more like him.
19. There is a constant struggle happening between a father and his son. While one person fights to claim power, the other struggles to gain his independence.
20. Dads are just ordinary men who are transformed through love into brave adventurers, imaginative story-tellers and idealized heroes.
21. There are three stages that happen in a man’s life. He believes Santa Claus is real, he doesn’t believe in Santa Claus, he becomes Santa Claus.
22. With a father and a son, there is an inexplicable connection that imprints the father’s wisdom on the son’s heart.
23. Being a father and a friend to my son is my definition of success in life.
24. A man can never stand as tall as he does when he kneels down to help a child.
25. As a child, my father held my hand. Now, he doesn’t have my hand; he has my back.
26. It was my father who taught me to value myself. He taught me to take pride in my work and to unconditionally love my family members.
27. The greatest gift that God ever gave me was my Dad. When you are blessed with the right dad, the rest of your life seems easy.
28. A good father is his son’s first hero and his daughter’s first love.
29. It is a wise child who knows his own father. It is an unusual child that follows his advice.
30. My greatest prayer in life is that I will one day be as good of a dad as my father has been.
31. One of the greatest tragedies that can ever happen in life is having a father and son love each other deeply without ever getting the chance to really know each other.
32. It might not take any skill or love to create a child, but being a parent requires a lot of both.
33. Some moments of life are truly priceless. From the moment my son was born to to the first time I took him fishing, I have enjoyed memories that no money could ever buy.
34. No words were ever sweeter for me to hear than the first time my son said, “Daddy”
35. True success in life is measured by the lives you change. Being a father is an opportunity to change your child’s life for the better. Through him, you teach your grandchildren, great-grandchildren and all of your descendants.
36. While a father may only get to hold his child’s hand for just a short while, he will hold their heart for forever.
37. I might be proud of my profession and my success in life, but the greatest thing that I have ever done is become a father. Anyone may be able to become a day, but it takes a great man to be a father. Each day, my goal is to become that great man.
38. He was just my little boy yesterday, my friend today and my son forever.
39. Dad, you may have known me for as long as I have lived, but I will love you for my entire life.
40. Father’s Day is the worst holiday because it makes people think that fathers should be admired and appreciated on just one day. A good son knows that his father deserves his love and appreciation all year long.
41. I realized when I became a father that I would have to be emotionally and physically stronger than ever before. It was not through my training or education that I became strong, but through seeing myself in my son’s eyes.
42. The greatest gift a son can ever give is telling his father that he wants to grow up to be just like him.
A true father never tells you that he loves you; he shows you.
43. My golden rule of being a father is: If my son is happy, so am I.
44. Having a son is a new shot at life. When you see the world from his eyes, you realize just how amazing this earth really is.
45. Being a father means you need to think fast on your feet. You have to be wise, tender, loving, brave and willing to throw on a costume to go trick-or-treating.
46. A father is someone you will always look up to, no matter how tall you actually grow.
47. When you love your son more than anything, you do everything possible to make sure that he is raised right.
48. The best gift that a father can ever give to his son is his time.
49. Being a father is like your first love as a teen, but you get to fall in love again every day.
50. I smile because you are my dad. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do to change that—you’re stuck with me, Dad!
51. My father gave me the greatest present that anyone can ever receive: He believed in me.
They say that all of your worst flaws and mistakes will be relearned by your son, but thankfully they were wrong. I have raised a son better than I could have ever hoped, despite my own flaws. In everything you do and in every way, you make me proud to call you my son.
52. From the moment he was born, my son stole my heart. Now, he has earned my love a thousand of times over by becoming a confident, loving, strong and intelligent man.
53. To the world, you may just be our dad. To us, you are our world.
54. My number one goal in life is to always support, encourage and be there for my son.
55. No care in the world is greater than a dad’s care—thanks, Dad! Happy Father’s Day!
56. A father is a man who expects his son to turn into the man he meant to be.
57. Nothing is dearer to a father than his child.
58. A wise son listens to his father’s advice and grows up to be a better man than his father.
59. When you love someone as much as son, it changes the entire world. Suddenly, you see hope in everything because you know that your son will make the world a better place.
60. A dad can raise a son, but it takes a true father to make his son into a good man.