Dreams About Running Away

By on September 5, 2017

When you have a dream that you are running away, it can be terrifying. You may dream that someone or some monster is chasing you. This type of dream can actually trigger the fight or flight response in your body. This is a natural defense mechanism that your body uses to help you avoid physical dangers like a tiger. Unfortunately, it can activate when you are under stress or when you are dreaming about a potential danger.

When you have a dream that someone is chasing you, you wake up with your heart racing and a strong urge to run away. You want to escape, but the only danger is within your mind. When this type of dream occurs, you need to take time to analyze it. You have to figure out what your subconscious mind is trying to tell you about dangers in your waking life.

When you have a dream that you are being chased, it typically means that you have some type of worry or danger in your real life. Often, the dream is trying to say that you should turn around and face the issue head on. In real life, you are continuously running away from the problem, but this technique is not actually making the problem disappear. Instead, it is only allowing the danger to grow and become worse. You must figure out what the problem is and deal with it. There are responsibilities and obligations that you need to deal with. For you to be happy, healthy and secure, you have to move on and handle the problem.

If you have a reoccurring dream about running away, it is a sign that you really need to figure out why the dream keeps happening. Something in your life makes you feel in danger, so you need to consider what it is. What is going on in your professional or personal life? Is there anything that is making you uncomfortable or in danger?

If the chaser is right behind you, it shows that the danger is getting close and may reach a head in your real life. If the man is being chased by a woman, it indicates that he feels consumed by someone or trapped in a situation. If you are caught by the chaser and attacked, it shows that your fears are starting to become a reality.

When a criminal is chasing you in the dream, it shows that you have to learn how to protect yourself from people who may be trying to consume you. Being chased by a monster shows that something will reach an end soon. If you turn around and no one is chasing you, then you are able to overcome any problem that ends up coming your way.

If the chaser is cursing or swearing in the dream, it shows that you feel angry. You may need to stay quiet in real life and control your temper, or the consequences will be worse. Meanwhile, laughing at the thing chasing you shows that you are capable of laughing off difficult situations. Being chased by a huge animal right behind you shows that new opportunities in your life are being slowed down or delayed for now.

Sometimes, you dream that you want to run away, but you are rooted to the ground. You are unable to run. This means that your worries are catching up, and you must take responsibility. If you cannot take responsibility, your problem will consume you completely. If you are chased by a human, it may show that financial difficulties are heading your way. You may be worried about money, even when you have enough to get by.

If you are being chased by co-workers or colleagues,, then it means that other people do not feel like you are working hard enough. Being chased in slow motion shows that you should take a deeper look at the relationships or friends in your life. You may need to improve these relationships to better your life.

If someone or something is chasing you through the streets, it shows that you may have money problems. When you are unable to see who is chasing you, it is an indicator that you should explore your feelings about someone or something like your career. When you hide or lose the person chasing you, it shows that you are able to overcome any problems. If the chaser catches p and pins you, it shows that you feel trapped or inadequate in some way. If you are chased by a shadow, it shows that you are denying yourself something that you really wanted. Unless it is completely impossible, you may want to give in to the indulgence.

Being Chased by Animals

If you are chased by sharks, it means that tough times are ahead of you. Being chased by a bull shows problems in your workplace. There may be competitive co-workers who want your position or business. Being chased by a bat shows that your partner or yourself may get sick temporarily. Luckily, the illness should just be minor.

If a dog is chasing you, it shows that all aspects of your life will soon become busy. If you see dogs hunting foxes or rabbits, it shows that there is trouble among the people closest to you. You should be careful about your interactions with loved ones because you could be pulled into the drama. If the dog is running after a squirrel, it shows that family and friends may have arguments.

Bees swarming shows serious trouble is in the making. If you catch a bee, it means that someone who you thought was close to you is not actually a true friend. If you are stung by a bee, it means that there may be physical problems or ailments soon.

If you dream that a snake is slithering along after you, it means that friends are grateful for everything that you do. If you are bitten and killed by a snake, it means that you are capable of winning over your enemies and defeating any challenges. Snakes are often considered a sign of protection, so a positive dream about snakes is a good thing.

If you are chased by a group of people or a zombie, it shows that one of your relationships has an issue that you have to fix. It may also show how you respond to social pressure. If these people cannot catch you, then that is a good thing.

The Underlying Meaning of Dreams About Running Away

At their heart, dreams about chasing often symbolize some kind of avoidance. Your subconscious is trying to tell you that there is a person, problem or situation that you need to be wary of. If you dream that someone you know is chasing you, then you may be afraid that they will discover a secret or expose you to other people.

The type of pursuer often matters in dreams about running away. An animal chasing you has a different meaning than a person. The pursuer may represent one of your traits, fears or characteristics. If you have negative emotions like anger, fear, hate or jealousy, they may turn into a threat in your dream. They may be the symbol of the trait that you are trying so hard to reject.

Often, running away in a dream shows that you are trying to avoid a fearful, painful topic. Your subconscious mind will often turn your worries into a physical danger. You may not want to confront that situation, so you are running away from it in your dream. Because of this, it is important for you to investigate why you are running in the dream and what it could symbolize.

Look at the Distance

Another factor to look at in your dreams is the distance between you and the pursuer. If your can outrun your pursuer, then it generally means that the problem will go away on its own or it will be easy to resolve. If the pursuer is starting to catch up with you, it shows that the problem may never go away unless you meet it head on in real life.

Alternative Meanings

Sometimes, dreaming about running away is not a sign of a subconscious problem or need. It may directly mean that you are afraid of physical danger. You may live in a dangerous area, or you might just be worried about the dangers you see on the news. Because of these fears, you dream that you are running away from something in real life. This is especially true for people who have been raped or abused. They have a very real fear of danger in their normal life, so they have dreams that someone is chasing them again.

To figure out your chasing dream, take time to look at who you are running from and what happens in the dream. Take note of how far away your pursuer is and your location. With a bit of effort and thought, you will be able to figure out why you keep having dreams about running away from someone.

Ayobami

February 16, 2020 at 9:20 pm

I am always having a reoccurring dream about always being in trouble and always running from different danger in different forms… At times it might be deadly animals or human. Most times, it is usually war or riot. Although I usually fight and escape or wake up in the process.

February 16, 2020 at 9:43 pm

The dream most likely shows your ongoing worries and concerns in your waking life. Your fighting and escapes in the dream most likely represent the stress you go through during the day and are your subconscious mind’s way of handling these feelings.

Sawanaya

January 24, 2020 at 12:00 am

Hello I had a dream about me and some guy sitting on a bench and I was anticipating for him to sleep so I can run away from him. I was feeling scared. He soon fell asleep and I took my chance to run silently. As I started leaving a lot of people started walking by and I ran towards them to blend in with the people. I turn around to see the guy that fell asleep in the bench and he was awake, he wasn’t looking at me but for some reason it felt like he knew what I was trying to do. I ran without looking back and went in a random house. There were some 4/5 random guya that were watching TV. They all just looked at me with a shocking expression. I started to check windows, as I peeked at a window next to the door I saw the guy from the bench heading my way. I ran to the bathroom and locked it shut. I stayed silent and heard the entrance door open kinda roughly. The guy started screaming to the 4 people that were watching TV asking “Where did she go!?” The guys responded that I was at the bathroom. I heard the door tightly when I heard him trying to open the door of where I was. I started crying but soon the door opened and he rushed in and gave me a hug. He said “everything is going to be okay, It’s okay” I started crying as he was hugging me I saw the reflection of both of us but specifically I saw me but I was ugly and hideous. I told the guy a lie that they guys had locked me up but he just kept telling me it’s going to be okay.

What could this mean🙁

January 24, 2020 at 11:25 am

Dreams about being chased are indications of concerns or worries that you may be navigating in your life. The lie within the dream could be a sign of how you may navigate fears that you have. If you have similar dreams in the future, then address your concerns within the dream with the people who are attempting to harm you.

Zanette

December 23, 2019 at 8:53 am

I had a dream where I was trying to run away from my mom I’ve had multiple dreams like this where she was trying to chase me and lock me up in the house but this dream she wouldn’t let me run away she has family members blocking off exits and I’m the dream I successfully ran away by driving the car out of there. What does this mean?

December 24, 2019 at 9:06 am

The dream seems to show a desire to seek out your freedom and independence in life. You may feel like your mother is holding you back from this sense of freedom, which is why you have to escape her in the dream.

Ny’Jah

December 13, 2019 at 10:17 am

I been trying to search my dream but nobody seems to have the answer which I have this dream a lot when I’ll just be standing in the mirror but see my self standing behind me with an angry face looking at me it looks so evil it’s scary but she smiles at the same time I try to run but I always trip and fall then the dream be over .. I just don’t get it

January 5, 2020 at 11:20 am

Reflections of ourselves within our dream may reveal negative aspects of our character. Since you run from your reflection, you will find great benefit in address your concerns with her within the dream regarding her purpose.

Lovely jami

October 27, 2019 at 7:55 am

I usually have these dreams of flying but only at a set distance not more than that, also being chased by some unknown miscreants. Even last night I dreamt about a guy in black with a black bike who came at my uncle’s place and while he parked his bike I noticed that he was very unusual unlike other guests so I peaked him from the rooftop though he already saw me but I kept on observing him then suddenly he began chasing me, as told earlier that i can fly in my dreams. I flew from one place to another to get rid if him but he wouldn’t stop, then he said that he’s gonna kill my friend which thrilled me and so I started to run for my life as well as my friend’s life. I tried to reach my friend’s place to protect him but I wouldn’t reach his place and at one point I lost the chaser which relieved ne for a moment but while I was running we crossed paths again.. It took us some time to recognize each other but I couldn’t take any chance so I took a cut and tried to trick the chaser and I was successful in it.
    But I’m still worried about what it literally means

March 5, 2020 at 11:04 am

Dreams about being chased are often reflections of concerns or worries that you may be dealing with in your life. Within the dream, you made the decision to support your friend, which is an indication of the strength of your connection. If you have similar dreams in the future, then address the person chasing you regarding their purpose within the dream.

may

October 26, 2019 at 5:49 am

Just had a dream that the psychiatrist i work with is runnibg after me after i went to see her and stole her key to her car. I faced her after running for a while apologising to her then me saying to her “i can’t”, then she said, “it will be ok, it happened to me it will be ok”, i kept running, at one point drove her car. Very vivid dream

March 15, 2020 at 3:19 pm

Dreams about being chased are often manifestations of concerns or worries that you may have in your life. The relationship that you maintain with this person may have influenced this dream as well. If you have similar dreams in the future, then address whoever is chasing you regarding their purpose within the dream. This will reduce similar dreams from appearing in the future.

Arianne Davies

October 24, 2019 at 8:29 pm

I had a dream that i was running away from my boyfriend as he had done something bad, he ran after me but was much slower and he was calling my name in really loud screams

March 16, 2020 at 5:20 pm

Being chased within a dream is an indication of concerns or worries that you may have in your life. If his behaviors within the dream are not reflections of how he acts in your waking life, then allow this dream to fade. If you have similar dreams in the future, then address whoever appears within your dream regarding their presence, as this will ensure that similar dreams don’t appear in the future.

Jasper Dickens

October 14, 2019 at 5:19 am

I had a dream where me and my crush was running away from the cops. We were like villains. AMD finally we hid in this place that kept singing this song. After we both sat down he told me he loved me. And I said I love you to in a happy way.
    I normally have dreams about running away from the cops specifically. But not really with a crush of mine.

April 2, 2020 at 9:50 pm

This dream could be a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. Being chased is often a manifestation of concerns or worries that you may have in your life. The cops could be signs of various stresses that you have in your life, such as your knowledge of police violence. If you have similar dreams in the future, then address whoever is chasing you regarding their purpose within your dream.

Geneese Rodas

October 12, 2019 at 2:27 pm

Hi ive been having 2 or more dreams of running away (most times im running alone). This time it caught my attention because i was running away with my significant other to florida. We were running from a man dressed as a punk rock person and my family. This was a strange dream for me and im unsure of what it means. My significant other and i were running through the city and mountains. Please if anyone knows what it means let me know thank you.

April 2, 2020 at 11:47 pm

Dreams about being chased or often manifestations of concerns or worries that you may have in your life. Florida may be important to you for some reason, or it may be a reflection of your thoughts of freedom. If you are chased in your future dreams, then you will find great benefit in addressing whoever or whatever is chasing you regarding their purpose within your dream.

Pooja Singh

September 28, 2019 at 1:13 pm

Since childhood I am having dreams of being chased by some random and sometimes by known people. What does this means?

December 28, 2019 at 9:45 am

The dream shows a fear that you will lose control of your waking life and be overcome by the people around you. You may feel like there are outside forces that are beyond your control that propel you to do things or behave in a certain way. Thankfully, a dream only shows your own personal fears and thoughts, so these dreams do not determine what can or will happen in your waking life.

Jacqui

September 24, 2019 at 8:18 pm

Good morning, I had a dream about walking to work and on my way I wanted to stop at McDonald’s to get something to eat. On my way there someone bumps into me and walks off and when I turned around I noticed I was pick pocketed. They stole my phone. I tried crying out and shouting but no one could here me. I walked towards the guy and the first one who bumped me showed up. He had a needle in his hand and wan8to inject me with some drug and throw me in the back off their van probably to kill, rape, sell or silence me. I fought with him and ran into a white car on the busy main road and a lady stopped, She had 3 young children in the car. I tried asking for help but she was too scared and pointed me to a poli officer. I ran to the officer and explained that my life is in danger but he also couldn’t help me. As the chasers where getting closer I ran again and stopped at a hill where all I could see was a bush. I stood there crying so hard that I had tears rolling down my face when I woke up. I made a decision as I stood there a very difficult one. I had to run into that bush until I mad8it to the other side of town and I knew they wouldn’t chase me that far. I left everything behind, my home,family, my entire life and ran. When I finally got to the other side I noticed a cheetah, female cheetah was just standing there as if it was waiting for me to walk me into this unknown city or place I ran to across town. The cheetah disappeared as I got closer to the town and a different person was walking with me down a path leading to the new city almost like a guardian. I saw a girl about 15/16 yrs old and she was a bell ringer. She came out of the city and was headed to the bell to ring it as a message to the town but she could not reach it so we stopped and the guide I was walking with helped her because we were heading to the same city. I woke up when the sound of the bell became louder and louder. I have no idea what this all means. Please help.

December 26, 2019 at 2:02 pm

Dreams about being chased and attacked are often indications of fears or concerns that you have in your life. The people who would not help you may have been manifestations of you lack of trust or uncertainty when it comes to particular people, such as police officers. Allow the negative aspects of your dream to fade, and ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Jacqui!

Christall

September 22, 2019 at 4:26 am

I keep having these dreams of having to move out QUICKLY of weird scenes of places. Like it will only be my son and I, we have are packing and JUST about to pack up the last bit and the person that I’m running from, comes walking in. They don’t actually physically hurt me but they are not good people. I wake up before anything bad happens. It’s a different person every time.

December 23, 2019 at 6:03 pm

The dream shows that you may be trying to escape from people or situations that are not healthy for you. While they might not be physically hurting you in real life or your dream, it is definitely unpleasant. The fact that you are always able to get away in the dream seems to indicate that you feel confident about your ability to escape and get away in real life as well.

Ibeh chidinma

September 15, 2019 at 4:59 am

I had a dream and it reoccurred twice..I was in my room I heard a Knock on the door I opened it ,two guys rushed in that I should save them.. unknown to me they’re very bad,two ladies tried opening my door ,then I overheard some guys..I was scared because I don’t want to pay for what I don’t know,I opened the door and ran away.. before this dream I dreamt about someone begging me to open the door for the person..not knowing the person is a harden criminal.i opened the door..the government was looking for the person I opened the door and exposed the person?
    Please what does it mean
    And also,I saw my mom.i was in a group.she was calling my line I didn’t pick up..where she was ,not too far from me..she saw me and left angrily
    The second time my mom is angry in the dream with me

September 15, 2019 at 8:12 pm

The bad people in your dream may be manifestations of concerns and worries that you may have in your life. It is possible that there is something that you feel that you owe, but are unable or unwilling to pay. The anger of your mother within your dream could be an indication of a stress that you may be dealing with at this time. You will find benefit in looking inward and making a decision about what changes you may want to make in your life at this time. Have a great day, Ibeh!

justme

September 9, 2019 at 1:45 pm

I had a dream two nights ago and I still remember it cuz it was terrifying, I was sitting down my bed and saw a man’s eye in the door as the door was half close and I saw it and jumped out my window and ran away and it chased me and it tried to like hit me with something and then I woke up. Im curious what this dream could mean

September 9, 2019 at 3:49 pm

Dreams of being chased and attacked are indications of your concerns or worries that you may have in your life. You will find benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. If you have similar dreams in the future, then address your concerns with the person who appears in your dreams. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Justme!

nafu

September 6, 2019 at 2:09 am

I have reoccuring dreams of being chased/being looked for by my father and in my dream my father is usually doing something bad. E.g. in one dream he was a serial killer and in my most recent dream he wanted to destroy my school building and I was trying to expose him. I can usually end up outrunning him, or hiding from him, but the fact that my father is playing such a role in my role in my dreams is making me worried. There are usually people there to help me (in the serial killer dream my mom hid me and in the recent dream, one of my friends found me and tried to help me, though she did not succeed) but in the end I always end up alone. There is usually some distance between us when I am being chased, but when Im hiding, he passes right by or I have to pass by him secretly.

September 6, 2019 at 9:28 pm

Being chased within a dream is often an indication of your concerns or worries. The presence of your father as the one chasing and attacking you may be an indication of a stress in your relationship. It is possible that he is abusive. If he behaves in an appropriate manner in your waking life, then allow these dreams to fade. You will find great benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. If you have a similar dream in the future, then address him within your dream about his purpose in your dream. Have a great day, Nafu!

Shafiga

September 5, 2019 at 12:02 am

I had a dream I was running into the build then some guy arrested me and I was started burning alive. Then I started running into the water from someone. When I turned behind I saw he almost cashed me but he hit the door and fainted and I punched him and run away. And he’s not familiar

September 5, 2019 at 9:08 pm

Dreams of being arrested may be indications of concerns that you have. The burning building could be a sign that you feel trapped in a situation. Your behaviors within the dream may be similar to how you may behave in such a situation in your waking life. Allow the negative aspects of this dream to fade. You will draw positive people and energy into your life by sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Shafiga!

may

August 10, 2019 at 2:23 pm

i had a dream about being chased by my teacher because i played the wrong video game and lost some money. also i was hiding from my teacher but she found me.

August 10, 2019 at 10:12 pm

Dreams about being chased are often manifestations of concerns or worries. It is possible that your teacher behaves in an inappropriate manner. Your thoughts related to video games may have influences this dream as well. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. If you are chased in the future, then address whoever is chasing within the dream regarding their purpose, as this will reduce similar dreams from manifesting the future. Have a great day, May!

Ada

August 8, 2019 at 10:40 pm

I just had a dream of almost getting into a trap(a plot to kidnap me tru a familiar face) so when i noticed I started running away… I even climbed buildings while running 😂….i was sooo scared in the dream cause where I was running I didn’t see much Ppl. so I ran into one of the kidnappers cars and they stopped and send two ladies to chase me. at a point i ran into where some women were cooking so I used their cooking spatula which was really long and flogged one of the girls chasing me.. so she ran away. at this point i stood my ground then d second girl got to me I was really ready to fight her then I woke up feeling scared and strong at d same time.

August 9, 2019 at 5:27 pm

Dreams of being chased or attacked are indications of concerns or worries that you may have in your life. It is possible that the stresses in your life may be related to traps or uncertainty. Abstain from consuming violent and dramatic media. Look inward, and determine what influences in your life you can remove from yourself. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Ada!

Muhammed EM Dukuly

August 5, 2019 at 8:46 pm

Good morning

I just have a dream about making a relationship with a little girl, when we were about to go to her house someone show us and started to run behind me. What a mean?

August 6, 2019 at 1:12 pm

Your dream may be an indication of a strong emotional relationship that you have with someone in your life. Allow this dream to fade. There are various social, legal, and moral reasons to not maintain a relationship with a child. Focus your emotional energy elsewhere. Have a great day, Muhammed!

Mufunwa

July 30, 2019 at 9:02 pm

Good morning . I just had two dreams in one night. The first dream I was being chased by a criminal who was trying to rob me my money. I ran and it was at night .there was a distance between us but I kept on running .

Second dream I was chased by a creature I can’t tell what was it. It has a face of a man , the body of a lion and down looks like a fish. It kepton chasing me and wen I woke up my blankets where wet with sweat and my body was sweating

July 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm

Dreams of being chased are often indications of worries or concerns that you may have in your life. Both of the dreams were similar, which means that there may be something specific in your life for you to address. Make a decision about what stresses you are able to remove from your life. Abstain from consuming violent and dramatic media at this time. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Mufunwa!

Bats

March 23, 2020 at 8:40 pm

I had a dream about being chased by a monster and I was running through a maze. The thing was always faster and stronger than me so I had to be smarter and use strategies to stay away. The problem is it always caught up with me and it really hurt me every time. These kinds of dreams have been recurring for a long while. I’m always running from a monster or a shadow through a maze or streets or a house and the place feels like it goes on and on. I’ve tried confronting it but I always get killed and I’m terrified of these monsters because they torture me when they catch up.

March 25, 2020 at 1:45 pm

Dreams about being chased are often reflections of stresses and concerns that you may have in your life. You have attempted to confront the monsters, which is beneficial. You may find that you will need to address their behaviors a second time within the dream. This will ensure that these dreams appear less frequently within your dreams. If you have trouble doing so, then you should attempt to consider their behaviors during your waking life, as this will help you determine the right time to address them within the dream.