50 Birthday Wishes for Dad
The main thing your father wants on his birthday is to spend time with his family. Make some time in your busy schedule to take him out to dinner or bring him a birthday cake. If you live too far away for family bonding, you can send him a birthday card with some of these birthday wishes for dad. The following quotes range from funny to serious birthday messages. Use your favorite birthday wish for dad in a card or send him an e-mail on his special day.
1. “Happy birthday to the best father ever. I remember when you cleaned up my skinned knees, held my hand across the street, taught me how to reach for the stars. You are my inspiration and my hero.”
You may not have realized it as a child, but you were lucky to have such a good father.
2. “I am so glad that I have got your DNA, I love you is all I want to say. Happy birthday, dad.”
If you are looking for a simple birthday wish for dad, this is the one to use.
3. “It takes an ordinary man to fall in love but a great one to be a committed husband. It takes an ordinary man to be a father but a great one to be a loving daddy. Happy birthday, daddy.”
This is an extremely accurate way to look at being a father.
4. “The world would be a better place if there were more dads like you. Happy birthday.”
If everyone had a father like yours, the world would definitely be a better place.
5. “I will always trust in God because he gave me an awesome dad like you. Happy birthday, daddy.”
It is easier to trust in others if you have parents who were worthy of you trust.
6. “For all the you have taught, daddy I owe you a lot. On your birthday I want to take the opportunity, to say that I love you as much as you love me. Happy birthday.”
It may be hard to love as much as a parent, but you can try.
7. “You always helped me chase my dreams, now it’s time you chase yours.”
If your father has recently started a business or a new job, this quote is very relevant.
8. “No gift can ever match the gift of love and affection you have given me all these years. Happy birthday, dad.”
No gift can ever compare, but you can always try!
9. “There couldn’t have been a better father than you on this earth – happy birthday to the man who taught me my worth.”
This is a wonderful way to express how you feel!
10. “Happy birthday to the adorable dad who will loosen his pockets and tighten his hugs for his children even at the slightest of tugs.”
Now or in the future, he will get to spoil his grandchildren with change and hugs.
11. “People rub lamps to find genies while I simply call out your name. Happy birthday daddy, you are my genie.”
This is a unique way to send birthday wishes for dad.
12. “No matter how many birthdays go by, I will always be the little girl who you taught to fly. Happy birthday, daddy.”
Your dad taught you everything as a child. Let him know that you appreciate it.
13. “Happy birthday to the man who taught me to be wise, how to pick myself up after a failure and rise. I love you, dad.”
Being able to overcome adversity is a useful skill.
14. “There is not a single birthday gift in this world that can ever be worth your contribution in my life. Happy birthday to the best dad in the world.”
15. “Today is the perfect time for me to say, how grateful I am to you for always showing me the way. Happy birthday, dad.”
If you did not notice, this birthday wish for dad actually rhymes. Brownie points for creativity!
16. “The best part of calling you dad is that you will always forgive me even when I have been bad. Happy birthday.”
Again, you have another rhyming quote for his birthday card.
17. “Your eyes hold the moon and your heart holds the sea. You are worth more than any of those things.”
This birthday wish uses poetic imagery to get the point across.
18. “I had a fantastic time growing up under your wing. Thanks for giving me such an amazing upbringing. Happy birthday, dad.”
The rhyming is slightly off, but the point is still valid.
19. “Thanks for always loving me, pops. Missing you on this day and every day after.”
This birthday wish should only be used if your father is far away or has already passed. Even if your father is gone, you can still lay a card at his grave on his birthday. Somewhere, he will see this and take pleasure in it.
20. “No matter where I go, no matter what I do, no matter who I am with, you will always be the rock that holds my life together. Happy birthday, dad.”
When everything else seems to fall apart, your father is always there to pick you up.
21. “Enjoy this time when all your children shower you with love and attention. In no time they will get back to being their naughty self, showering you with worries and woes. Happy birthday.”
His birthday is the one day each year that he can relax from the stress of parenting.
22. “I know you are here to keep my troubles at bay. God must have made dads like you to keep demons away. Happy birthday.”
He kept monsters from your bed and demons from your closet—thank him for it!
23. “Your loving smiles and your warm hugs have become my need for survival like an addictive drug. Happy birthday, daddy.”
Although you should let him know how you feel in a card, you should also let him know every day that you appreciate everything he has done for you.
24. “If a genie said that I had the power to change one thing about you, it would be nothing. Happy birthday my daddy who is perfect.”
As a parent, this birthday wish for dad is a great thing to hear.
25. “Brilliance redefined, strength guaranteed and reliability unparalleled. That’s not a car, that’s my father. Happy birthday, dad.”
If cars were as reliable as fathers, we would never have to buy a new one.
26. “I may grow up, get married and give my heart to another guy. But at the end of the day, it will always belong to you. I love you dad, happy birthday.”
To our fathers, our first loves in life.
27. “I hope every candle you blow out will be a wish come true on your special day, papa.”
Obviously, you can change the word “papa” to whatever term you call your father.
28. “I wish every child in the world had a dad like you. Unfortunately, lucky ones like me are very few. Happy birthday, dad.”
Only a few people are blessed enough to have a father that they can always rely on.
29. “I feel stronger just knowing that my dad believes in me and I feel blessed knowing that he loves me more than anything else in the whole world. Happy birthday, dad.”
Having the support of a loved one can make all of the difference.
30. “You are my best friend, more than just a dad. The fact that every kid does not have a father like you, makes me sad. Happy birthday.”
It might be a very basic rhyming couplet, but the sentiment is beautiful.
31. “There is nothing in the whole world which can stop me, because I know I have my strong daddy to push me. Happy birthday, dad.”
With your father at your side, you can accomplish everything.
32. “The tears in my eyes are making me take a while, to tell you how much you have made me smile. Happy birthday, daddy.”
If you want, you can always mix several of the birthday wishes for dad on this list to make the ultimate birthday card.
33. “I hate it when you stop me from doing something wrong, but from the bottom of my heart I know that you are always right. Happy birthday, dad.”
As a child, that tendency toward always being right was annoying. Now, it is something that you enjoy and rely on.
34. “I must have been God’s favorite child. No wonder he blessed me with an awesome dad like you. Happy birthday.”
This is an extremely true sentiment.
35. “You are the reason I am who I am, without you life would have been a complete mess and a chaotic jam. Happy birthday, dad.”
Points for rhyming!
36. “I want the man who never expects anything from me to accept my thanks for being the best dad ever. Happy birthday.”
For a simple birthday wish that says it all, use this one.
37. “No matter how old I grow, I will always feel safe and secure when you hold my hand. I don’t tell you every day, but I love you lots dad. Happy birthday.”
This expresses a beautiful sentiment.
38. “With deep respect, our love for you is resounding. Hope your day is great, daddy.”
If this is only from you and not your siblings, you can change “our” to “my”.
39. “Man of my dreams, first love of my life and the perfect man ever – most girls dedicate these words to their boyfriends, I dedicate them to you. Happy birthday, dad.”
This is a wonderful way to express how you feel about your father.
40. “From teaching me how to hold a fork to teaching me how to avoid being a dork, from teaching me how to behave to teaching me how to be suave, from teaching me how to keep my conscience clear to teaching me how to live without fear – I owe it all to you, dad. Happy birthday.”
This birthday poem for dad is truly one of a kind.
41. “Some dads are strict while some dads are lenient. You are just cool. Happy birthday, rock star.”
If you do not want a mushy, sentimental card, you can use birthday wishes for dad like this one.
42. “I got you a 6-pack, even though you’re turning 60 you still need your booze!”
Obviously, this birthday card should be accompanied by a 6-pack.
43. “The colors of my life would have been dull if I did not have a bright childhood, thanks to you. Happy birthday, daddy.”
To the man who taught you how to ride a bike and hold down a job, this birthday wish will be well-received.
44. “No matter how tall I become, I will never be higher than your presence in my life. No matter how many promotions I get, I will never be richer than wealth of love in your heart. Happy birthday, dad.”
Make sure that you let your dad know exactly how important he was and is to your life.
45. “Through thick and thin, you have always been there. I’ll always be here for you.”
This birthday quote for dads is a little short; you may want to add another from the list.
46. “To the greatest man I have ever known, I hope your days are short and your nights are sweet.”
This sounds like a very traditional English or Old Irish birthday wish.
47. “Your larger than life image personifies a beautiful, large tree that gives fruit, shade and flowers for the whole family. Happy birthday, dad.”
The nature imagery in this quote makes for an extremely beautiful mental picture.
48. “You’re every girls dream of a papa and I am lucky you are mine.”
It would be impossible to fit this sentiment into any fewer words.
49. “Is it strange that I hate the style of clothes you wear and the music that you listen to, but still love you a lot? I guess that is just because we make an awesome father-daughter pair. Happy birthday, daddy.”
During your teenage years, his clothes and music were a source of embarrassment. Now, they are just another reason why you love him so much.
50. “Happy birthday to a dad whose first name is brilliant, middle name is awesome and last name is fabulous.”
Thankfully, this is just a figurative way of saying he is awesome. If his name was actually Brilliant Awesome Fabulous, it would have led to a troublesome childhood.
With your dad’s birthday just around the corner, you can get a head start on the gift-giving process with these birthday quotes. Choose your favorite of the birthday wishes for dad or use several of them. Just remember to give your dad his birthday present in time!