50 Birthday Wishes for Brother
You have purchased the card, wrapped the present, but you have no clue what to write. After years of growing up together, summing up your relationship in a few short sentences seems like an impossible endeavor. For ideas on what to write, these birthday wishes for brother were written for you. You can use these messages as an inspiration for what to write or copy them directly. If you are in need of brotherly birthday wishes, these messages are sure to please.
1. “Although I was given no choice in the matter, I have always wanted you as my brother. Happy Birthday.”
Although you cannot choose who your family is, you are lucky to have them. Somehow, you lucked out and got the perfect older or younger brother.
2. “The smiles I have for your birthday are left over from all of the smiles you have given me over the years. Love you.”
This is the perfect way to think of it. A smile is never wasted; it is just passed on for someone else to share.
3. “Brothers are role models, but you got the job without an audition. And you nailed it. Happy Birthday.”
If you have an older brother, you may have spent your childhood looking up to him. From playing sports to rough housing, your brother was a sometimes perfect, but always fun, role model.
4. “I shall never be without a friend as long as you are my brother. Happy Birthday.”
Your friends and go, but you will always have your brother at your side.
5. “Our family has always been weird and you always did your fair share. Happy Birthday.”
Weird families are the best. If you grew up in a normal household, you probably spent some time bored. A weird family may be difficult to put up with, but at least you were never bored.
6. “When I was little, I wanted a puppy but you turned out to be just as much fun. Happy Birthday.”
Well, he was almost as much fun. At least with a puppy, you did not have to share any of your toys.
7. “Happy birthday to one of the coolest, most interesting people I have ever known and just happens to be a great brother too.”
This is a fairly heartfelt message. Without getting too sentimental or mushy, it manages to express exactly how you feel.
8. “Some people have wealth. Some have beauty. Some have fame. But I hit the jackpot when I got you as a brother. Happy Birthday.”
Really, family is far more important than wealth or fame. Having money will not make you happy, but having loved ones to support you will make all of the difference.
9. “Wishing the best day ever to the best brother ever. Happy Birthday.”
It may be a fairly straightforward, basic birthday wish, but it works.
10. “What is so funny about peace, love and understanding that you are a great brother? Happy Birthday.”
This birthday wish for brother does not make any sense. Use it at your own risk or modify it cautiously.
11. “Brother, Bhai, Hermano, Frere – there are many words for brother, but there can be only one you. Happy Birthday.”
If you really want to make this one of the best birthday wishes for brother, you should look up the word for brother in every language. Better yet, write out the different words for brother in beautiful calligraphy.
12. “Hey, you are in all my childhood memories. My psychologist keeps trying to help but no luck yet. Happy Birthday.”
For crazy families, this may be the perfect birthday message for brothers. It is amusing, yet cute.
13. “You are the best brother that I can ever imagine. Thanks. Happy Birthday.”
The “thanks” seems a little off, but the rest of the message is fairly typical. If you are not sure what to say, this message will work for you.
14. “To my brother, may you be healthy, wealthy and early to rise. Happy Birthday.”
According to Benjamin Franklin, you just have to go to bed early and get up early to become healthy, wealthy and wise. With any luck, this advice will work for you.
15. “My brother is a superhero. His special power is being a great brother. Happy Birthday.”
I am sure that your brother would rather have the super power of invisibility or the gift of flight. Being a great brother is wonderful, but not the best super power to have.
16. “Dude, you are so busted when I starting spilling your secrets. Better share that cake. Happy Birthday.”
Guilt and blackmail are two key features of close-knit families.
17. “Brother and best friend are two sides of the same coin. Happy Birthday.”
18. “The greatest treasure that I can imagine is having you as a brother. Happy Birthday.”
This is an extremely heartfelt, touching message for his birthday.
19. “Brother from the same mother, I love you so much and could not imagine life without you. Happy Birthday.”
This is a wonderful way to think of your brother. In all honesty, it would be impossible to imagine life without him.
20. “May you get even more than you need for your birthday. Remember Mom told you to ALWAYS share with me. Happy Birthday.”
If you want something fun, cute and unsentimental, this is a great birthday wish for brothers.
21. “HIP!! HIP!!! HURRAY!! It’s my brother’s birthday. HIP!! HIP!!! HURRAY!! It’s my brother’s birthday.”
Out of creative birthday messages? This one always works.
22. “Superheroes are one in a million. Great brothers like you are one in a lifetime. Happy Birthday!”
If you add this to a superhero card—or draw one on the inside for him–, this would be the perfect message.
23. “I have always looked up to you. Especially after you finally got taller than me. Happy Birthday.”
For some reason, guys take so long to grow taller. Once they do grow, they tower above the girls.
24. “Though we now walk different paths, I feel better knowing that my brother is nearby. Happy Birthday.”
After growing up, you have probably chosen a different path in life. Even though you are different people now, you still share the same upbringing.
25. “You shared my past by chance, I hope to share your future by choice. Happy Birthday.”
You choose to have your brother in your life now, and that has made all of the difference.
26. “Happy birthday to one of the coolest, most interesting people I have ever known and just happens to be a great brother, too.”
This gets the message across clearly.
27. “You never could hit a curve ball. Lucky for you I never could throw one. Happy Birthday.”
If you want something unique and slightly funny, this is a great message.
28. “You helped me grow up but I don’t want to learn how to get old. Happy Birthday.”
Fortunately, you can both remain young at heart.
29. “You have always been my brother and my hero, and heroes are hard to find. Happy Birthday.”
Unlike other men, you can trust your brother to never let you down.
30. “Mom loves you too. Just not as much. Happy Birthday.”
This could be true…unless he was your mother’s favorite.
31. “You are the one person that I don’t have to explain my craziness to and the one person whose craziness I can’t explain. And that’s great. Happy Birthday.”
You can be crazy and zany together!
32. “Every year I realize a bit more how lucky I am to have you as my brother. Happy Birthday.”
As children, we think our parents are corny and uncool. Our brothers and sisters are just pains. Once we become adults, it becomes clear that we are possibly the luckiest people in the world.
33. “Happy Birthday. Because of you, I laugh a little louder than I used to.”
When you are having a bad day, your brother can make everything seem okay again.
34. “I didn’t spend any money on a present you but I do plan to spend a lot of time with you. Happy Birthday.”
Time is one of the best presents. Anyone can throw a gift card in an envelope, but only someone who truly cares will devote their time to a loved one.
35. “Friends are rare and brothers are common, but a brother that is a friend is a treasure. Happy Birthday.”
If you are lucky enough to have a brother as a friend, you are truly blessed.
36. “Some people ask what is the difference in a brother and a sister. I just answer Y. Happy Birthday.”
In case you are not a science nerd, the “Y” is from a Y chromosome. While girls have XX chromosomes, bots are born with XY.
37. “Thanks for being my brother. I look so much better in all those family photos with you there. Happy Birthday.”
If you are not used to sending loving, heartfelt messages, this could be the quote to send your brother on his birthday.
38. “Your smile warms the heart of all those who know you. Happy Birthday.”
This is an extremely touching, although slightly mushy, way to wish your brother a happy birthday.
39. “Thanks for always wanting to be my brother. Even when it was inconvenient. Happy Birthday.”
If you never got to tell your brother thank you, right now would be the time to do so.
40. “Many people call you their friend. I brag that you are my brother. Happy Birthday.”
In high school, you were one of the lucky students who had siblings they were proud to claim as their own.
41. “I wish you a healthy, wealthy next year – cause I’ve probably got the same genes. Happy Birthday.”
When it comes to health, an older sibling’s medical conditions could end up signifying future problems for yourself.
42. “Across the miles that this message traveled to find you, I send you a giant birthday hug. Love you. Happy Birthday.”
Although this is almost too adorable, it still works.
43. “Thanks for always being there for me. Thank goodness I am so level-headed and never needed help. Happy Birthday.”
If you want to compliment him and yourself, this is the birthday wish for brother to use.
44. “May your birthday be as wonderful and fantastic as you. Happy Birthday.”
This sounds like an old Irish birthday wish or saying.
45. “Happy Birthday to the best brother ever. that We may not always agree on everything but I am sure we do on this!!”
Finally, you agree on something!
46. “Okay, so maybe this is the year that I let you blow out the candles on your birthday cake all by yourself. Happy Birthday.”
This could be the year…or you could wait another year!
47. “You used to keep me from falling, but dude, gravity is a law. Happy Birthday.”
He may try to protect you sometimes, but it is not always possible.
48. “We may grow up and we might even mature, but you will always be my brother. Happy Birthday.”
Even if everyone else only knows you as a professional, serious adult, he knows the funky, silly kid that you once were.
49. “Happy birthday to one of the coolest, most interesting people I have ever known and who just happens to be a great brother too.”
Straightforward and exact, this birthday wish for brother says it all.
50. “Thanks for all the awesome times we shared. I hope you have a very fun and happy birthday.”
This birthday wish covers all of the bases. It manages to be heartfelt, relevant and a little fun.
If you have a brother, you know exactly how important siblings are. You grew up in the same family and shared many of the same experiences. Even when you are fighting, you know that he will always be there to support you. Your brother deserves the best birthday gift possible, and a birthday card is the perfect way to complete a present. Use these birthday wishes for brother to let your brother know exactly how important he is to you.