50 Being Used Quotes and Sayings
Break ups are hard enough to deal with. It is even worse when you realize that your boyfriend or girlfriend was using you the entire time. While you were completely in love, they only wanted you for what you could give them. Unfortunately, you are not alone in this experience. As the following being used quotes and sayings show, many people have experienced the exact same sentiment at some point in their lives.
50 Being Used Quotes and Sayings
1. “Don’t be someone’s downtime, spare time, part time or sometime. If they can’t be there for you all of the time, then they’re not even worth your time.”
If your partner just takes and never gives, they are not someone that you should be with.
2. “He doesn’t call me one and only, he just calls me when he gets lonely.”
If this describes your relationship, then you may be in a friends with benefits relationship without realizing. Your boyfriend or girlfriend should be there for you when you need them instead of just when they need you.
3. “Am I the missing piece of your heart? No, I am just a substitute while you try to find a way to get back to your ex.”
This is an awful feeling to experience. Sometimes, people begin dating again before they have actually healed from the past. In other cases, the guy or girl thinks that finding a new date will make their ex jealous. Either way, you end up being used without realizing it.
4. “You asked me what was wrong, I smiled and said nothing. When you turned around and a tear fell down, I whispered to myself . . . everything is.”
It can be challenging to be in a relationship where you are more empathetic and care more than your partner does.
5. “Some people treat relationships as a video game . . . they play their partner and when they get bored they cheat.”
This is the worst type of person to be with. If you think that this describes your relationship, then run in the opposite direction fast.
6. “It’s funny how you thought you meant something to someone, but then they go and prove you wrong.”
It is not really that funny. If you are the person who gets left, it feels awful.
7. “I hate being used by people who you thought were your friends.”
Being used happens in friendships as well as romantic relationships. Sometimes, your “friends” are just with you for other reasons.
8. “Girls are not like clothes that you can just leave behind after using them.”
Unfortunately, there are many partners out there who do not realize the truth of this being used quote.
9. “If you allow people to make more withdrawals than deposits in your life, you will be out of balance and in the negative. Know when to close the account.”
This being used quote sounds like it was written by a banker or an accountant, but the meaning is still quite accurate.
10. “All people have feelings, and they are not there to be used. If you’re no longer interested in someone, they have the right to be informed before you go and cheat or go looking elsewhere.” – Jerry Springer
I am not entirely sure that this was actually said by Jerry Springer. If it was, then it is probably the smartest thing that his show has ever produced.
11. “I’ve always been there for you for every silly, little detail of your life. But when I needed you, you couldn’t care less.”
Sometimes, it can take you years to find out that your partner was not nearly as committed or caring as you are.
12. “Don’t come running back to me when you get treated the same way you treated me.”
While you don’t want to wish harm on anyone, there is a type of poetic justice when the player ends up getting played.
13. “He’s playing you because you’re the only one who doesn’t know.”
When all of your friends and his friends know that he is playing you, finding out the truth can be devastating.
14. “My heart is not a playground, so go play somewhere else.”
This sounds like a good being used saying to send during a break up.
15. “The feeling of being used is only slightly better than the feeling of being forgotten.”
Personally, I would rather have an ex forget me than get used by them in the relationship.
16. “Most of the people are only in our lives for THEIR benefit. As soon as your role is done, they move on to someone else like it’s nothing.”
It is unbelievable how many people just use their friends, partners or family members for their own needs instead of being there for him.
17. “A ugly man with money often has his arm around a beautiful lady who is willing to spend it.”
In this case, it sounds like both partners are using each other for something.
18. “When you finally realize you didn’t matter at all to someone, you begin to wonder if you matter to anyone.”
Don’t feel this way! Your ex-friend or ex-partner will hopefully be one of a handful of people who treats you like this. Some day, you will be able to surround yourself by people who treat you well and respect you.
19. “You treated me like a option, so I left you with a choice.”
This is a modification of a quote by Mark Twain. Basically, it says that the partner acted like it was just an option to date you. They did not really care, but it made sense at the moment. In the end, you have to leave them with a choice: Are they ready to commit and stay or do they want to leave?
20. “I wish I could be a white crayon, so no one would use me.”
This is one of the cutest being used quotes on this list.
21. “If a guy cheats on another girl for you, he’s more than likely to cheat on you for somebody else. As they always say: once a cheater, always a cheater!”
While people will sometimes start cheating, it is not reasonable to expect that to happen. If your relationship started by them leaving a girlfriend or cheating on a girlfriend with you, don’t be surprised when he turns around and does the same thing to you later on.
22. “I don’t care if you hate me now. I already know you only treat me nicely when you think I am useful to you.”
If someone is treating you like this and you don’t know how to tell them that, you can always try using this message.
23. “Playing with someone’s heart just shows the world that there is nothing in yours.”
If only players would realize this, it would make the world a better place. Anyone who watches a guy or girl use someone thinks less of them, but the player does not realize that.
24. “Don’t talk to me because you’re “bored”. I’m not here to entertain you.”
If he or she just calls you when they are lonely, then they are not the type of person that you really want to have in your life.
25. “The world holds million of things you can play with. A person’s feelings are definitely not one of them.”
Technically, feelings are something that people do play with, but it certainly should not be that way in an ideal world.
26. “There is no point in filling a woman’s head up and leading her on if you don’t see a future with her.”
If someone only wants a one night stand or a casual relationship, then they should just say that.
27. “Don’t play with someone’s heart if you have no interest in a serious relationship.”
Again, people should just be honest about what they want. Some couples only want a friends with benefits relationship, and there is nothing wrong with that. The only time it is wrong is when one person wants a fling but they tell their partner that they are interested in a committed relationship.
28. “With all the toys in the world, people choose feelings to play with.”
It seems crazy, doesn’t it?
29. “There comes a time when you have to stop crossing oceans for people who wouldn’t even jump in puddles for you.”
If you are continually let down by a friend or a loved one, you have to consider at some point if you really want them to be a part of your life.
30. “For you, she was a chapter. For her, you were the book.”
It is an awful feeling when you realize this after months or years of being in a relationship.
31. “Choose the guy that takes you to meet his parents and not his bedroom.”
This is a good quality to look for in a guy.
32. “Cheating is easy. Try something harder like being faithful.”
If you pride yourself on taking any challenge that comes your way head on, then try the challenge of being faithful.
33. “I’m a person, not a game. so don’t play me.”
This would be a good text to send someone who is playing you before you break up with them.
34. “I hate being lied and ignored almost as much as I hate being used.”
We agree completely with this sentiment.
35. “I try so hard to keep you happy, but all you do is bring me down.”
You need to surround yourself with people that love and support you. If all your loved one does is bring you down, you have to think about cutting them out of your life for good.
36. “Young men love, then lie. Not truly in their hearts, but in their eyes.” – William Shakespeare
If you wanted a literary quote about being used, this quote is the one to choose.
37. “I’m not a backup plan, and I am definitely not a second choice.”
Once you have developed a strong self-esteem, you will realize how true this quote is. You should be your partner’s first choice and not their backup plan.
38. “What’s worse than being alone? Being used, lied to, deceived, left behind and completely forgotten.”
All of these things are bad. In comparison, being a little lonely while being single seems so much better.
39. “You’re playing with my heart, and it’s getting pretty lame. Decide what you want: the girl or the game.”
This offers a rhyming spin on the typical being used saying.
40. “The worst feeling in the world is to know you were used and lied to by someone you trusted.”
We agree completely. When you love and trust someone, they should never use you.
41. “Now I know why you wouldn’t answer my texts. You were too busy hooking up with your ex.”
Again, this is another rhyming quote. It is a bit more depressing and much less cute than the last rhyming quote though.
42. “Love is like falling down. In the end, you are left hurt, scarred and with a memory of it forever.”
Hopefully, the “forever” aspect of this quote will end up being untrue.
43. “If he loves you while he has another girlfriend, then he will love another girl when you are his girlfriend.”
While it is not guaranteed to happen, it is much more likely than if you start dating when you are both single.
44. “It’s sad how quickly people can forget about you until they want something.”
It is sad and a rather depressing part of life.
45. “The more you show your true feelings, the more people will find ways to hurt you.”
I don’t think that this is always the case, but it is true if you are dating someone who likes to use people.
46. “Roses are red, violets are blue. You really thought I would cry over you? I said I loved you. You thought that was true. Well, guess what player? You just got played, too.”
While the subject matter is a bit dark, this poem is a kind of cute take on a more traditional version.
47. “He got what he wanted from you; now, he doesn’t care that you exist. Stop wasting your time trying to talk to him.”
If you have a friend who is being used, you can be empathetic, but you should also say something like this. It can be hard to let someone go, so try to help your friend rebuild their life and move on.
48. “If you were using them, don’t be surprised when they do the same.”
If you start a relationship off on a bad footing, it is unlikely to get any better from that point.
49. “I was the one who was building you up while you were knocking me down.”
Hopefully, you never have to experience a relationship like this.
50. “Never confuse being loved and needed with being used and wanted.”
This makes an excellent point. Once you can easily tell the difference, you are far less likely to date someone who will use you.
Being used is one of the worst experiences that you can go through. Whether it was a friend, crush or family member, the emotional result can be devastating. You were when that person needed you, but they disappeared as soon as you needed help. All you can do is learn from the experience, move on and focus on the people in your life who are there for you when you need them to be.