50 Beauty Quotes and Sayings
While beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, there are common cultural beliefs surrounding beauty. Each culture has its own definition of the look that makes someone beautiful, but it really is the person’s personality, mannerisms and attitude that make their beauty shine. To discover beauty quotes and sayings, read through the following 50 quotes.
50 Beauty Quotes and Sayings
1. “Attitude, knowledge and skills are the best foundation for real beauty.”
Beauty can only get you so far in life. For your beauty to matter, it has to be paired with the right attitude and intelligence.
2. “See beauty without your eyes, and you will know that it is truly genuine.”
Think of it this way: if you were to go blind, would you still think that your crush was attractive? Do you only like them for how they look or for who they are? While it is normal to feel attracted to someone for their looks initially, you need more than just good looks for a long-term relationship to work.
3. “If someone truly loves you, then they will see your beauty inside of you.”
If someone cares about you, they will love you for more than just the way you look. Even your imperfections will make you perfect in their eyes.
4. “Beauty is not only seen by the eyes; it is also felt by the heart.”
If you are only basing a decision about whether someone is beautiful based on just how they look, then you are missing out on a whole realm of possibilities.
5. “Intelligence will never stop being beautiful.”
Are there any Sherlock fans out there? This beauty quote works wills wonderfully with the Sherlock quote, “Smart is the new sexy.”
6. “A simple smile can make you beautiful.”
While a simple smile can make you infinitely more beautiful, a frown or a bad attitude can turn a beautiful face into one of the ugliest people that you have ever seen.
7. “Outer beauty is what the eyes can see, and inner beauty can only be seen through the heart.”
Take your time to get to know people so that you know if their inner beauty is just as lovely as their outer beauty.
8. “To me, beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are.”
Sometimes, the people that society considers the prettiest are not actually that pretty. Their confidence and high self-esteem draw other people to them like a magnet. While you cannot change your genetics, you can be more confident so that you are viewed as more attractive.
9. “You are a beautiful cupcake in a world full of muffins. You’re a pot of gold at the end of an amazing rainbow.”
This is an adorable quote about beauty and accepting the uniqueness in everyone.
10. “The most beautiful thing about a person isn’t their looks. It is their heart and personality.”
For a long-term friendship or relationship, personality matters much more than the way the person looks. You can fall someone who is not a perfect 10, but you cannot keep a strong relationship going with a person you hate.
11. “Everyone is beautiful in their own way . . . they just have to see it first.”
Each person is different, and it can take time to realize why that person is unique. Give them a chance to let their inner beauty shine out.
12. “What is the use of beauty if the brain is empty?”
This is undeniably true. In the news, we always see older, rich men pairing with young, beautiful women. For both parties, it seems like a terrible plan. What is the use of being with someone who is beautiful or rich if you have nothing in common and cannot share your life with each other.
13. “Everybody has beauty- just not everybody can see it.”
Some people are much more observant than other people.
14. “A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.”
Plastic surgery is expensive, dangerous and generally not a good idea. If you want to look more beautiful naturally, try smiling more often.
15. “Never let go of anything you can’t go a day without thinking about.”
If you love someone, it is a terrible idea to let them go. Think through a break up idea carefully because you may not be able to undo your decision later on.
16. “Don’t act beautiful, be beautiful.”
The world would be a much better place if people spent half as much time on acting beautifully as they did on being beautiful.
17. “Anorexia is a disease, not a fashion statement.”
Anorexia carries long-term, life-threatening consequences. Being that thin is not just unattractive; it is extremely dangerous. If you or a loved one suffers from anorexia, get help.
18. “Don’t be fooled by outside beauty. The real beauty is on the inside.”
Too many people are fooled by someone’s appearance, and it can have detrimental consequences.
19. “To all the girls that think you’re fat because you’re not a size zero: you are beautiful. It’s society who’s ugly.” – Marilyn Monroe
This is completely true—Marilyn Monroe may have been one of the world’s most beautiful people, but she was also extremely intelligent and compassionate.
20. “If you call someone ugly, do not think that you are pretty.”
This is similar to the Biblical adage that you shouldn’t throw stones if you live in a glass house. Being judgmental is unattractive, so don’t do it.
21. “Until you yourself believe it is true, you will never find the beauty that lies within you.”
This beauty quote gets bonus points for rhyming.
22. “Beauty is not the appearance of someone. It is their personality and how they are on the inside as well as their heart. Even the most beautiful of people can have the ugliest of hearts. Likewise, even the ugliest of people can have the most pure and wonderful of hearts. Sometimes, beauty is just a mask people use to hide the ugly inside them.”
23. “People say that what matters is the beauty on the inside. Then why is it that the good-looking girls go for the good-looking boys and visa versa? This shows that for some people, the outer beauty is as important as inner beauty, although inner beauty is above the truest form of beauty.”
While all that matters is what is on the inside, it seems like society has not quite figured that out yet.
24. “We are all beautiful, but we are just different kinds of beautiful.”
All of the differences between us is what makes each person and humanity so unique. Our differences are a source of strength and beauty.
25. “There may be makeup to perfect your look, but there is nothing that can perfect your personality.”
It is far better to have a good personality and be ugly than it is to be pretty and a terrible person. Looks will fade, and your personality will determine if anyone is around to share a life with you. Plus, you can fix your looks. A bad personality is much harder to fix.
26. “True beauty is not related to what color your hair is or what color your eyes are. True beauty is about who you are as a human being, your principles and your moral compass.”
This beauty quote is on point!
27. “The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from her eyes because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.”
While immature guys may not realize this quote, more and more men will discover the truth behind this quote as they age.
28. “Don’t forget to love yourself.”
This is a good reminder for everyone who spends too much time helping others and not enough time on their own needs.
29. “We are all beautiful except in the eyes of an insecure person.”
When someone is insecure, they tend to spot the flaws in other people because it makes them feel better about themselves.
30. “People are beautiful in their own way.”
31. “Beauty is what people see inside you not on you.”
Clothes and accessories do not determine your beauty. Only you can be the determinant of how pretty, likable or smart you are.
32. “Beauty isn’t about having a pretty face. It’s about having a pretty mind, pretty heart and pretty soul.”
If only everyone on earth would realize this, the world would be a much better place.
33. “The wrinkled face that shows life’s experiences. Rough hands are from molding the world, and the withered body is from standing proud in spite of the difficulties encountered. That, friends, is real beauty.”
Many cultures in the world are focused on the older generation and their wisdom. For some reason, Western culture is obsessed by fleeting youth, and it has impacted all aspects of our views and beliefs negatively.
34. “Those who feel the need to judge the beauty of others are ugly people.”
This is completely accurate.
35. “Beauty gets the attention, but personality gets the heart.”
While people may approach you more often if you are pretty, no one is going to stay around if you have a bad personality.
36. “The only true beauty is the beauty that lies inside of you.”
True beauty will stay with you when your looks have finally faded away.
37. “Confidence is what makes a girl beautiful. Feel the way you want to be seen and wear your confidence.”
If you want to look beautiful, confidence is your best accessory.
38.“The most beautiful girl in the world can also be the ugliest.”
This is generally true in cases where the beautiful girl has a terrible personality or attitude.
39. “No matter how plain a woman may be, if truth and honesty are written across her face, she will be beautiful.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt was not known for being pretty, but she was known for being a woman of intelligence, talent and inner strength.
40. “Beauty is what is underneath the make up and not something created by make up.”
For some reason, people ted to apply make up like they are painting a picture. Do you really want to spend your entire life hiding behind a painted mask instead of being yourself?
41. “Ugly on the outside does not necessarily mean beautiful on the inside.”
While you do not have to be pretty to have a beautiful spirit, it is also possible to be ugly and have an ugly spirit as well.
42. “Your skin isn’t paper, so don’t cut it. Your face isn’t a mask, don’t cover it. Your size isn’t a book, don’t judge it. Your life isn’t a film, don’t end it. You are beautiful.”
Be who you are and ignore anyone who tries to tell you to be different. You are perfect. You do not need to wear make up or fit into a smaller outfit. If you continue to wait until you lose weight or look prettier to be happy, you could spend your entire life waiting for happiness that never arrives. Instead, allow yourself to be happy today instead.
43. “Beauty is what happens when you are busy being yourself.”
44. “There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness.”
Everyone wants to be happy in life, so it is unsurprising that people are drawn to happy people.
45. “What makes you different is what makes you beautiful.”
Always remember this and ignore anyone who tells you that you have to change to be beautiful.
46. “There is beauty in simplicity.”
Fancy clothes, expensive jewelry and makeup will not hide who you are. Keep it simple and let your natural beauty shine out.
47. “Little girls aren’t born knowing how to hate their bodies; we teach them how.”
Unfortunately, this beauty quote is all too true. Children are given stereotypes, fears and beliefs by society. In some cases like beauty, society tells children the wrong thing.
48. “When you go to heaven, God won’t ask you how beautiful you are. He’ll ask how beautiful your heart is.”
Do not make the mistake of arriving with just pretty looks, but a terrible heart.
49. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to be accepted by yourself.”
Besides, your true friends will like you for who you are. If you make friends with people who expect you to be a certain way, then they aren’t really your friends. They are only friends with the person that they think you are instead of who you actually are.
50. “If you need someone’s attention, and you get it from making yourself LOOK pretty, he’s not worth it.”
If you are trying to get a guy to like you and he only notices you when you look pretty, then he is probably not going to be worth your time.
Beauty is all about how you care yourself and your confidence. Even the least attractive person can become more beautiful by possessing a good heart, soul and personality. When you choose your lover or friends, make sure to look at their inner beauty rather than what you see on just the outside.