23 Cute Things To Do For Your Boyfriend

By on May 9, 2015

They say it’s the little things that add up over a lifetime that make up the fabric of our existence. So if we fill the small moments of our day with kind words and gestures of love, those little things can make for a pretty happy and fulfilling life. When we always look for ways to brighten our significant other’s day, they will reciprocate and your relationship will strengthen. So here are some simple ways to brighten your boyfriend’s day without smothering him or being needy. Think of these things as selfless acts without expecting anything in return. He will feel special when you do little things to show him you appreciate him and love him.

#1 Wear Something He Will Like

crop top

Surely you can brighten his day with a cute pair of boyshorts or a crop top that entices him with your midriff. Maybe it’s just wearing a color he said you look nice in or wearing something you know drives him bonkers. Putting a little bit of extra effort into being seductive can help him forget about his stress and focus on you. Being extra romantic is definitely a kind way to make him smile.

#2 Get Him A Used Book

used book

Every guy is into something and maybe you remember something very obscure that he is into. Look for a book he has mentioned wanting to read or something that looks like it’s right up his alley. When you go out of your way to find some brain food for him, he will know you care about him. Books, magazines, online articles, videos and dvds are all good forms of media to share thoughtfully. Be wise in sharing so that you don’t inundate him with useless fluff though.

#3 Make Him A Dessert

cheesecake

The old adage still stands true, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. He will not forget when you make him that cheesecake or lemon meringue pie that is his favorite. If you don’t know his favorite dessert, be sneaky and ask his family or friends. This can win over any grouch who got a speeding ticket or whose favorite sports team lost.

#4 Give Him A Massage

You don’t have to go out and spend a ton of money on doing something for him. It’s a really nice gesture to light some candles, put on some relaxing but not annoying music, and give him a massage with oils. He will really appreciate it and truly if you’re human, you will rarely turn down a massage. This can also help develop a comfortable level of intimacy with you two and it can help show him that you care about his well being. Guys, just like us girls, like to be taken care of and pampered.

#5 Frame A Picture of The Place Where You Had Your First Kiss

first date

This is a cute idea that will show him how much he means to you. He may be confused when he unwraps a framed picture with no people in it and you can see if he recognizes the location. It will definitely put a smile on his face even if it doesn’t make it’s way to the center of your mantle.

#6 Make Him A Piece of Jewelry

In most ancient cultures, every type of wood and stone has a meaning. You can visit a crystal shop and look at the meaning of different stones. Find one that will have a personal significance to him and make it into a necklace. For example, if he is starting a new job, Tiger’s Eye can help with new business endeavors and confidence. If he’s trying to get a raise, get him some jade which is known to be good for attracting money. It’s a nice gesture that shows you support him.

#7 Get Play Tickets

tickets

If he’s into art, find a play that you think he would like and get him tickets. Maybe it’s a performing circus troupe or a one man show. Obscure shows can be really fun and entertaining so don’t think you need to drop a bunch of money on an expensive show. He will enjoy an intimate theater setting and it’s always a nice surprise.

#8 Write Him A Poem and Frame It

If you’re feeling romantic or artsy, see if your inner muse will speak and write him a poem. If you get writer’s block, look through poems until you find one that speaks to you about your relationship (in a positive way). He will probably be really touched by this.

#9 Do His Laundry

laundry

Depending on how well you know each other, doing the other person’s laundry or just looking for small things you can help them with around the house can be really sweet. Maybe it’s just taking out the trash, doing the dishes or folding the clean laundry. If you see something needs to be fixed at his house, like a light that’s out, pick up a light bulb and change it for him. Try to not be insulting if you do things that invade his personal space and don’t change anything in his house without his permission. Helping out around the house if he’s stressed or tired is just a nice way to show you care.

#10 Stock His Fridge

fridge

If there’s one thing about guys it’s that they don’t like spending too much time grocery shopping and they easily get overwhelmed when trying to pick things out. Of course there are exceptions to this rule but more often than not, guys struggle trying to eat healthy and find healthy food that tastes good. If you find easy and healthy things for him to eat like protein bars and fruit, he will love the gesture. If your guy is really busy, chances are he skips meals a lot so try to make his life a little easier and get him some organic yogurts and hummus.

#11 Hang Out With His Mom

If you already met his family, there’s nothing wrong with getting some quality time with them. He will probably think it’s really cute if you hang with them if he’s not around even if he doesn’t say it. Something simple like taking a yoga class with his mom or getting your nails done can be fun. Even a simple walk in the park would be nice.

#12 Help Out His Friends

When you go out of your way to do nice things for his friends, it shows you care about him. Whether it’s offering a ride, helping them find cool places to visit or recommending a good book, making friends with his friends is a cute gesture.

#13 Fill His Gas Tank

gas tank

If you can spare the extra $50, surprise him by filling up his gas tank. This is an unexpected nice thing to do that he will really appreciate because it’s such a mundane task. Hopefully he won’t think someone stole his car so just be careful with this one!

#14 Cook His Favorite Meal

cook

Old faithful on the list of cute things to do for your boyfriend has got to be making his favorite meal. He will really appreciate the gesture and you can be sure it will get him smiling from ear to ear. If you don’t know what his favorite meal is, get to know him better you silly goof!

#15 Get Him A Cool T-Shirt

t shirt

If you get him a really comfy t-shirt that’s organic and sustainably made, he will be proud to wear it and he can think of you when he wears it. You could also go to the thrift store and get him some flannels or a vintage t-shirt collection for just a few bucks. Guys are easy to please, at least the ones that aren’t high maintenance are.

#16 Post How Much You Appreciate Him on Social Media

social media

Don’t be shy. If you’re not near your boyfriend you can still show him some love by posting something sweet that you remember about him or something that he did for you. This is a cute way to show him you care and that you’re proud of who he is.

#17 Plan A Date He Will Love

picnic

Put yourself into his mind and see if you can think of something he would really love to do. Maybe he would like to go hiking with a picnic or maybe he would love to try rock climbing and get his favorite beer afterwards. Try not to think of your favorite date but his so that he feels special.

#18 Shower Him With Kisses

shower kisses

Just showing him some extra affection can be a nice thing to do for your boyfriend. If you feel like your relationship is getting boring, spice up the romance with some chocolates, a romantic movie and some big kisses like you’re in high school again. Who says every day can’t be Valentine’s Day?

#19 Give Him Real Compliments

compliments

Hey if you want to do something nice, why not say something nice? Don’t give fake compliments but mull it over for a little while and give him a thought out compliment. This can help them feel motivated and it might just pull him out of a temporary mental slump.

#20 Make Him Tea

tea

Nothing says ‘I love you’ like a nice cup of hot herbal tea that is doctored up with some milk and honey. If you want to make it extra special, deliver it in a special mug or on a platter with some cookies. He will love your weirdness and so will his sweet tooth.

#21 Write Love Notes

love notes

Since no one writes things down anymore, a love note can actually stand out. Try leaving a note on his car, in his briefcase or wallet and he will get that warm fuzzy feeling when he sees it. You can also be creative and mail him something at work or leave him a note in another language that he can translate to find the secret message.

#22 Tell Him You Miss Him

miss him

The little things like this can add up. Try not to tell him every minute that you miss him but it’s nice to remind him that you’re thinking of him. Playing hard to get is just a game that doesn’t really make him feel loved so just tell him how you feel.

#23 Surprise Him by Paying For Dinner

If you’re out for a meal and you get up to go to the bathroom, slide your waiter your card and pay for the meal. It’s nice to contribute to the relationship and treat him when you can. This is 2015 after all and although he should treat you well, he also deserves to be treated.

Hopefully you have some great ideas now that will get your wheels spinning about little ways to make him feel like he’s your favorite guy. Good luck and keep up the acts of love!

unknown

November 9, 2015 at 9:18 pm

my boyfriend and I have been together for 7 months we recently got back together after a month of being apart, we thought it would be best for each other until we realised how much we both missed each other, now during that month he spoke to other girls and I spoke to other boys which hurt us both when we found out, now I obviously cant say much because we were single but we both have moments where remember the problems and the stuff we’ve done to each other (e.g. comment on peoples pictures, flirt with others etc.), we’ve decided not to tell each other what happened but I’m not sure if it was a good idea to tell. I really need some advise.

November 11, 2015 at 4:06 pm

It can be hard hearing about what a partner did during a break, and imagining the possibilities is even worse. Honestly, I think the best thing would be for you guys to forget about what happened and try to start your relationship out on a new leaf. Dwelling on what did or did not happen does not help anyone, and he obviously cares a lot about you or he would not have gotten back together after a break. The only thing that will really help is time and rebuilding the trust that you had before. Good luck!

Hmikkes13

October 21, 2015 at 2:23 am

Hey! Me and my boyfriend haven’t been dating for too long, but every time we hang out we always do the same thing. And i told him that i was getting tired of it, because we have known each other for a long time so im comfortable around him but he just doesn’t seem to get it. What do i do to get him interested in some of the things i like and get him to do something different than what he wants to do?

October 24, 2015 at 5:11 pm

Why don’t you just make a plan for a date or a hiking trip and ask him to go with you? I am sure that there are some trips that you guys would both be interested in–you just have to take some time to figure out what he wants. It sounds like you have already expressed your feelings to your boyfriend, so you are headed in the right direction. Now, you just have to choose a hang out idea and get him to do it with you. Good luck!

Savannah

October 20, 2015 at 10:01 pm

Hi, I’ve been recently dating this guy and we haven’t had our first kiss yet. I know this doesn’t relate to the gifts and giving but should I be the one to make the first move? Because I don’t want everything to be super awkward. I really like him but I don’t want to move things too fast though. Thanks

October 24, 2015 at 5:02 pm

A first kiss is often awkward, so I would not worry too much. If you want to make the first move, you can do it. There is no rule that says guys have to make the first move, and having a first kiss after dating for a while is perfectly normal. Later on, you can always have a talk with him about not moving too fast, but it does not seem to be an issue quite yet.

bailey

October 8, 2015 at 5:21 am

October 8, 2015 at 5:33 pm

It looks like you may have commented twice. I have to approve each comment manually, so it can take a while for me to get around to all of them. If your comment does not appear on the site right away, do not worry because it will. Read through my response to your first comment and let me know if you have any other questions!

bailey

October 8, 2015 at 5:11 am

Me and my boyfriend are 13 and 14 and have been dating for two months. We don’t have too many of the same interests but I try to enjoy the things he likes and I try to find things we both like, but its really hard. Now don’t get me wrong, our relationship is great, but I don’t know what I can do for him that will make him really happy and feel special besides trying to express my feelings for him and kissing him. I read through your list an nothing really popped out to me. He plays football, likes country music, does crossfit and Olympic weightlifting, and plays the trombone. Any ideas on something I could do for him that will.make him feel special and individual?

October 8, 2015 at 5:32 pm

You could take him on a romantic picnic or just go hiking. He seems to like working out, and spending time together is a great way to build your relationship. A hike to a waterfall, a trip kayaking or something similar would be a really great date idea for both of you and a way to show that you like him.

Mona

September 30, 2015 at 10:17 pm

So my boyfriend is a gift person, we haven’t been dating for a long time 2 1\2 months but he’s already made me bracelets and he has made me drawings bcuz he knows I love art and other stuff . anyway I’m not a gift person I bought him Cologne and a hat he wanted but he keeps getting me stuff so I want to make him something, thing is his personality is basically a stoner who likes small suvineer stuff, and I don’t know what to make or get him. Any suggestions? (By the way I don’t wanna get him like a bowl or money ) something special.

October 1, 2015 at 4:15 pm

Perhaps you could him a special box, or one of those books that you can hide things in. You could also get him one of the Alpaca poncho style jackets. If he likes music, one of the bongo drums would be great for a drum circle.

Lauren

September 26, 2015 at 8:30 pm

So my boyfriend of 4 months recently broke his collarbone in football. He is out for the rest of the season which is a huge bummer because he really loves the sport. He is miserable and I really want to do something for him but I’m not sure what. Help! (nothing that involves physical activity because he can’t really move his right arm)

September 27, 2015 at 10:27 pm

Perhaps you guys could do other things to take his mind off being injured. Since it is just his arm that is hurt, you guys could go hiking together–he would probably enjoy being able to do something physical, and it would help him to stay in shape until his arm heals. Other activities like playing card games, painting (assuming he is left-handed), movie nights and other activities would be a great way to spend time together. There are also 23 ideas that are on this list that you could use to entertain him.

Raven

September 10, 2015 at 4:59 am

these are just ok… im only 20 but still how can top what he does for me?! he buys me real roses and then made some from duck tape, he buys dinner ALL the time, he plays video games with me and he has gotten my gas before… not even dating two months, hoping that i live out the rest of my life with him but really how can i do something SUPER awesome for him? watch star wars? i can check that off. he had a fake Skeleton in the passenger seat of his car ( Dr. MacSkelly) that was almost their for a year and got moved about two weeks before we started dating.

September 11, 2015 at 2:41 am

Hmm…it sounds like you will have a hard time living up to his awesome gifts and ideas–that sounds like an awesome problem though; you have certainly found a keeper. My personal favorite is to make his favorite meal (I like doing an Italian dinner), pack a picnic basket with wine goblets, plates, food, candles, a table cloth, a table and two chairs. Blindfold him and tell him that you are going on a date, but do not tell him where. Ideally, find a good lookout point around sunset to set up your picnic/candle lit dinner. After you have set everything up and lit the candles, take off his blindfold and enjoy!

CuteChicky11

August 31, 2015 at 8:52 am

Hi! Tomorrow is my 1 year with my boyfriend and I’m freaking out on what to get him. I know gifts don’t matter but I don’t want to get him something cheap looking compared to his gift to me

September 1, 2015 at 6:52 pm

You could always go for an event-focused birthday present–these are extremely fun, create a great memory and keep your relationship away from being just materialistic. A trip to a go-karting track, wine tasting, dinner theater, pottery painting at an art studio, a long hike and overnight camping, a trip to a romantic hotel with champagne or something similar could make for an amazing birthday present that he will never forget. If you go to a college, you could also create a scavenger hunt with clues across the campus and little presents that at last lead him to a one-on-one romantic picnic with you–his main birthday present. 🙂 The exact idea that you choose though will really depend on the type of relationship that you guys have together. What is he like in person?

elisa

June 30, 2015 at 7:47 am

i have a boyfriend, and a boy bestfriend. my bestfriend recently said to me that he had a crush on me since the last december, we’ve been friends for like two years and this is our third. please help me decide

June 30, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Do you like your boyfriend? Do you plan on staying with him? A new relationship or affair always looks appealing, but once you decide to date your best friend, your boyfriend is unlikely to ever date you again. Be careful with this decision because you could end up losing a great relationship for the hope of something better.

harini

June 25, 2015 at 12:26 pm

wow nice

July 4, 2015 at 7:56 pm

Thank you for commenting! If you enjoyed reading through this article, there are a number of other articles that have ideas for gifts for your boyfriend or good morning text messages. Take a look around and leave a comment if we do not have an article topic that you need. Thanks again!

harini

June 25, 2015 at 12:25 pm

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    this is really awsome

July 4, 2015 at 7:42 pm

Thank you! We happen to think so too! Thank you for the feedback and let me know if there are any other article topics that you would like to see on Her Interest!

Shadows

June 19, 2015 at 2:39 pm

My boyfriend won’t make the first move and I’m scared cause I see all the other couples holding hands and I’m scared of making the first move

June 20, 2015 at 2:50 am

If you want to hold his hand, do it! Holding hands is an easy first step to do. Just slip your hand into his when you are walking alongside him. He is already dating you, so it isn’t like he would say no or walk away. Plus, if you make the first move when it comes to holding hands, perhaps he will give you your first kiss. 😉

cayla

June 24, 2015 at 9:01 am

OK think u should talk to him. Cayla

June 24, 2015 at 2:32 pm

That would also work. Thanks for commenting, Cayla!

Lily

June 10, 2015 at 3:39 am

So me and my boyfriend broke up a while back, and we agreed it was the best decision for a personal reason. I still really like him, and we flirt A LOT… I don’t know if I’m getting the wrong message or if I should just ask him out again. By the way, The original reason is not a problem anymore.

June 11, 2015 at 12:52 am

If the original reason is not a problem anymore, then I think that renewing your relationship could be a good thing. You had a mutual break up, you are obviously still friends, and you have both had time to heal. If he is interested in renewing the relationship and giving it another go, I do not see why not!

Elizabeth

June 9, 2015 at 5:45 am

So me and my boyfriend Zach have been dating a month and June 25th will be two months and he was my first kiss. I love this kid so much and he loves me but sometimes I think it isn’t gonna work out..what do you think?? Please help me and I have this other guy I text but he is my best friend and he gets mad when I text him what do I do

June 9, 2015 at 5:06 pm

There is no way to know if something will work out forever or not. You cannot see what the future will hold. Why is it that you think things will end between you guys? It is not normal for someone to end up marrying their first kiss, but it is certainly not unheard of. Staying together and making it last are all up to you guys. If you want to be with him, be with him.

As a side note, I would probably hold off on texting your guy friend about your relationship worries or problems. Your boyfriend probably would not appreciate having another guy involved in your relationship.

ShadowGirl

June 1, 2015 at 1:44 am

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for a while and i want to hold his hand, but I dont know how to. can you help me a bit?

June 1, 2015 at 2:13 am

Don’t worry, this is one of the easiest things to do. When you are in a movie theater or a similar place, just slip your hand into his. Ideally, you should do it when the outside air or the air in the room is fairly cold–this will make your hand a little less sweaty.

Really, you do not have to worry too much about it. Holding hands is easy to do and he is your boyfriend–it is not like he would actually say no. He is dating you because he likes you, so I can guarantee that he already wants to hold your hand. You have nothing to worry about, Shadow Girl! Also, if you need more help, you can read the other comment that I left below–let me know if you have any other questions!

ShadowGirl

June 1, 2015 at 1:43 am

I have been dating my boyfriend for a couple months and i am his first girlfriend. We are both to nervous and scared to make the first move, so how do i do it?

June 1, 2015 at 2:09 am

You are dealing with a very common problem. Although most people have probably forgotten their first love, you are lucky enough to be experiencing it first hand. Making the first move is never particularly easy. Even though you are boyfriend and girlfriend, it may still be a littler nerve racking to try and make a move. The steps are fairly easy:

1) Holding hands: For this one, you really just have to wait for a time when you are alone and slip your hand into his. He is your boyfriend, so it is not like he would just push you away or anything–don’t worry, just relax and do it!
      2) The First Kiss: Again, the same technique works fairly well. Wait until you are alone so that you feel a little self-conscious. Make sure that he is staying relatively still–you would not want him accidentally turning away when you kiss him! To make sure he stands still enough to time it, just start up a conversation with him or gaze up at the stars. If you were the one who initiated hand holding, you can always wait for him to initiate kissing. And as for making out, you can always just wait for it to happen. For your first kiss, you do not have to worry about that so much.

As for any other “firsts”, I would wait a while. This part of the relationship is the best time to get to know each other, and you do not want to rush anything. Also, he is your first boyfriend, so I am going to assume that you are in middle school or high school. Stick to hand holding and kissing–there is plenty of time for other things later. Good luck, Shadow Girl!

may

May 31, 2015 at 5:08 pm

Friday was our last day of school and my boyfriend tried to kiss me, but I resisted letting him kiss me I feel bad now. What do I do?

May 31, 2015 at 8:11 pm

I would not worry about it too terribly much. Tell him you were sorry and did not expect him to suddenly kiss you or tell him that you just were not ready for it yet. If you want to kiss him in the future, there will always be time to do so. You do not have to kiss him until you are actually ready to do so.

On a side note, will you get to see him over summer vacation at all? How will you communicate with each other in the summertime?

Kate Wellington

May 19, 2015 at 12:32 am

My boyfriend and I were friends before we dated and we just started dating. He hasn’t kissed me yet and I’m not sure how I can subtly make the first move. HELP!

May 19, 2015 at 2:38 am

Sometimes, it takes time for him to make a move. If you want to rush things along, you need to make sure that he has a chance to kiss you. Time spent talking together alone will help him get up the courage to kiss you. You could also just make the move yourself. We don’t live in the 1950s, so it is perfectly acceptable for the girl to make the first move if she wants to.

JOSEPHINE BREJAK

May 9, 2015 at 3:34 pm

hi back again I’m having some trouble with my boyfriend again i called another boy hot and i think he got super upset i love him so much ill just give him a fake name so he doesn’t get mad if i say his real name lets just call him … dogman so i love dogman but he’s been upset not talking too me leaving school early not texting back please help!

May 9, 2015 at 7:42 pm

This is one of those things that he will just have to get over. Although you should probably not call other guys hot, he should also understand that there are other attractive guys in the world. If he cannot forgive you soon, then he is terribly insecure in his own self-worth. All that you can do, Josephine, is wait and hope that he gets over it. In the future, I would probably avoid calling other guys attractive. Good luck!