What Does it Mean When You Dream About Someone?

By on September 22, 2014

Dreams are mysterious. They open a realm of extreme curiosity and oddities that us as humans are always trying to decode. And when you throw certain people and events into the mix, dreams become all that more astonishing and questionable. What are these messages hidden in our dreams trying to tell us, anyways? If you’re wondering what it MIGHT mean when you dream about someone, here’s a few answers:

2b193f051640a0fce35da3d62ae16842

Dreaming About Someone:

Dreaming About Someone

There are many, many reasons why you might be dreaming about someone in particular. What is your subconscious mind trying to tell you? The simplest reason could be that you simply fell asleep while thinking about this certain person. It’s only natural that you thought about them while you fell asleep, and they found their way inside of your sleep pattern. Another simple reason is that you’ve been thinking about this person a lot– maybe even more than you should be. They’ve been on your mind for quite some time throughout the day, so of course they’d be in your thoughts in your subconscious dreams as well.

On the other hand, your dream might not even be about this person. It may be something much deeper. For instance, you might be dreaming about certain qualities this person’s personality: you are going through a stressful period in your life, and this person was a stressful impact in your life. Therefore, you’re dreaming about this stressful individual as a result of what’s going in your life at this moment. Your dream could also represent the relationship you had with someone. For example: maybe you had a very pleasant relationship with this individual, which may occur if you’ve entered into another great relationship with another person or you’re simply at a peaceful time in your life.

Dreaming About Someone You Like:

Dreaming about someone you like

It’s not uncommon to dream about someone you’re interested in. After all, you’re probably thinking about them heavily on and off throughout the day, so of course they’re going to come into the realm of dreams. However, pay close attention to what happens IN the dream. For example: Did they like you back? This means that you are secure in yourself and have confidence. You may even have enough confidence to believe they like you back, which means you’re ready to take the next step towards advancing the two of yours relationship.

On the other hand, if they didn’t like you back, this could be a signal that you are unconfident and believe you will be rejected by this certain someone.

Dreaming About Someone You Love:

Dreaming about someone you love

When you dream about someone you are in love with, it’s important to pay close attention to what happens in your dream. Dreaming about someone you love, more often than not, will show you how deep your love and passion is with this individual. For instance: if you’re dream is nothing but happiness and joy, the two of you hand in hand on a romantic date, then it’s fair to say you have a deep connection with your partner. On the other hand, if there’s lots of fighting and instability, it could be a sign that you’re losing the connection with this certain someone. If you’re dreaming about your partner being with someone else, it could mean that you don’t feel as passionate as you once did with this person. However, although this type of dream is sure to stir up some unhappy emotions, it’s important to remember that it’s just a dream- no matter how vivid it was. Look to find the root of why you dreamt your lover with another person and build from that.

Dreaming About Someone Who Has Passed:

Dreaming about someone who has passed

These dreams could either represent something very positive, or something negative. It all depends on what happened in the dream. For starters, a deceased person whom you were close to may visit you in a dream to offer you some comfort and closure. Did you have an issue with this person before they died? Maybe that issue was resolved at some point during your dream. Are you going through a rough patch in your life? Maybe this person has returned to give you some great comfort and give you some guidance on what you should do next.

There are some spiritual theories that suggest some deceased individuals will return to disclose the location and reason of their death to those closest to them. For example: was this individual found dead but the killer was never found? They may disclose to you who did it. Was their body never found? They may tell you where the body was hidden. Depending on circumstances, it might be an insight that needs to be followed up with authorities.

Dreaming About Someone in a Sexual Way:

Dreaming about someone in a sexual way

This type of dream, otherwise known to some individuals as “wet dreams” have an obvious reason: the individual is turned on to a certain extent and needs an outlet for their passions and desires. Now, it’s important to know that having a sexual dream about someone in particular doesn’t always mean you’re attracted to or even want to engage in that behavior with said person. It’s simply a way for sexual emotions to be outpoured and the person may vary. For example: just because you had a sexual dream involving your boss, doesn’t mean you’re sexually attracted or interested in him. You’ve been around him all day long, so of course he’s on your mind to a certain extent. Your subconscious paired the two and left you with such a dream. (But of course, if you’re dreaming about someone you’re interested in it could very well mean that you’re attracted to them and fulfilling your passion and relieving sexual tension through a dream).

Dreaming About Someone Famous:

Dreaming about someone famous

There’s a couple of reasons why you might have a dream involving someone famous. The first most common interpretation is that you wish to better yourself or do what this individual is doing. For example: if you’re dreaming about a football star on your favorite team, you might want to become a football player and try to make your way to the top (or simply play for fun). On the other hand, dreaming about someone famous is also a way for us to get over disappointments in our lives: something big happened that let you down, but dreaming about this famous somebody who’s done something amazing gives us hope and happiness for the future.

Other Reasons You Might Dream About Someone

Other Reasons You Might Dream About Someone

Sometimes when you dream about someone- no matter who it is- it has absolutely no correlation to the actually individual. Sometimes these people are there to symbolize things you’re feeling or things that are going on in your life. Sometimes these dreams are meant to help you see through problems, get over a bad experience, or bring you hope and joy. Never read too deep into the actual person- pay more attention to what is going on in the dream and how the dream made you felt. As we all know, dreams can be incredibly real sometimes- and sometimes that’s exactly what we need to see through situations or feeling in our current lives.

What’s the craziest, weirdest, or most wonderful dream you’ve had involving a certain someone? What do you think the dream meant, and how did it make you feel?

Tina

November 22, 2019 at 8:55 pm

I had a dream about getting with my friends best friend, having my first kiss but hours before that, I told my friend I was interested in him (and actually am since earlier this year) but I see his friend everyday in my chem class and have never even talked t him before, why would I get this dream?

February 4, 2020 at 12:39 am

This dream could be a reflection of your social and emotional desires. The person who appeared in your dream may be a placeholder for someone else in your life. You will find great benefit in sharing your positive energy with the world.

Soul thought

November 20, 2019 at 7:05 am

Did comments move to another location. Cant see anything new after sept 2019. I posted yesterday and cant find it

February 4, 2020 at 3:06 am

Thank you for your support. We are working through past comments at this very moment.

InTouch

November 19, 2019 at 6:11 am

I had a dream that I was in a truck with a sunroof and a friend that has pasted about 3 years ago now, she was driving and all of a sudden she puts it in reverse and goes 90 mph in reverse and I beg her to stop slow down and her face is determined and she wouldn’t even look at me. I see a van behind us and car behind it and so I try to brace myself and we smash it. I look over at her and she slam against the window and I feel myself slipping out the seatbelt like I was going to come out the sunroof and I hold the roof and whatever to stay put. Truck comes to a stop the windshield is shattered and falls in on us and then somehow, I get out, I have pieces of glass all in my face and neck. 911 gets called. the medics and fire rescue come, my ex, in which we share a child together and we don’t talk and he has never been apart of our sons life or anything for over 16 years now, is one of the guys and 2 others which I knew (now can’t remember who they were) and I am placed in the ambulance to be takin to hospital. I can’t remember too much now. But my ex was trying to get the glass out my face and I had blood everywhere. what I do remember was telling him I will always have love for him and he smiled and then everything was fading into something else and I woke up. I remember feeling in my dream telling him that was awkward but I don’t know why it was said. My ex and I don’t communicate. When we do its like few times and it’s about, maybe every 2 years. Seeing my friend who is passed was a shocker. What could this mean

February 4, 2020 at 3:26 am

This dream seems to be a manifestation of various influences in your life. It is possible that you are dealing with a stress in your life that is due to the actions of someone that you know. The accident could be a sign of your knowledge of your friend’s experiences.

Jules

November 16, 2019 at 6:14 am

I just had a dream. I dreamed of a guy that I don’t think of daily but see him at least once a week. I dreamed something terrible happened to me, he was there to save me, comfort me and then take of something I loved very much. I haven’t liked him before but now I am so confused. What is this dreams meaning? Will something bad happen to me? Should I tell him about the dream? I’m not THAT close to him.

February 7, 2020 at 10:38 pm

This dream is not a manifestation of the future. You don’t need to tell him about your dream, but you should take the opportunity to nourish your relationship. Make a decision about what you feel is appropriate, and speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well.

Shelby

November 15, 2019 at 3:43 pm

I had a dream about my deceased dad, It was in a home (I didn’t recognize it but at the same time did) And he was telling me to put quarters into a tv(Idk what it was) I did but after that there was suddenly leaves on the floor and for some reason they where catching on fire. I told him and he put out the fire but the fire made a circle and there were leaves still surrounding. and shortly after that dream ended (It actually didn’t feel like it ended) Another one started up and it was about my crush (I don’t know if I like him as much now, but this dream happened when I still liked him a lot), but it was like a different timeline because my crush in this dream was being bullied. And in the dream, I stood up for him and he started to like me. The only way I could tell that was because In my dreams they would close upon his face with his eyes sparkling. And he took me to this hideout. This ‘hideout’ is something that I remember from one of my old dreams. It’s made out of cardboard and you had to climb up these face like holes in the cardboard to get to the top to the cardboard building. We were climbing up to the top and before I got to the top my dream ended.
    Can you help me understand this dream please?

February 8, 2020 at 12:01 pm

It is clear that you felt a strong connection with your late father, and this dream is a manifestation of your feelings for him. The experiences within the dream are signs of your desire to communicate with him again. Similarly, this dream contains your crush, and it is possible that you want to nourish this relationship. Nourish your relationship with your crush by spending additional time together in person.

Travis Sleighter

November 7, 2019 at 7:43 pm

So I’ve been visualizing a particular life. In it I have a successful motivational speaking and coaching business. I have been working on the coaching business but never uttered a word about wanting to be a speaker. The girl I’m seeing told me she had a dream last night where I was on stage and she was in the crowd but described it just as I have been in my morning visualization practice. What does this mean?

February 14, 2020 at 8:15 pm

It sounds like the girl you are seeing has a very clear understanding of you, what you want out of life and your talents, even if you haven’t gone into detail with her about all of your abilities.

Ckeila Arranza

October 28, 2019 at 2:37 pm

I wasn’t even thinking about him when I slept. And then in my dream, he confessed to me and we became in a relationship. This person is close to me and many were saying that were quite look alike..

March 4, 2020 at 7:14 pm

It is possible that this dream is a manifestation of your knowledge of his feelings. It is possible that you are interested in nourishing your connection with him. Take this time to make a decision about what you want for the future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well.

Anon

October 27, 2019 at 1:09 pm

I had a dream that me and a guy I think I like we’re getting on really well. It felt really good and I remember being happy and smiling loads but behind I could see another guy catching up to us whilst walking. This guy in real life likes me but I don’t feel the same way and since things have been a bit uncertain. Throughout the dream I remember trying to make them both feel happy by committing to a relationship and being a good friend without hurting anyone and making sure everyone else was happy – it was really tough and stressful.

March 5, 2020 at 10:57 am

The experiences in this dream could be reflections of your various social and emotional relationships. You may feel uncertain about who you are interested in nourishing a connection with. Take this time to determine what you want for your future. If you are aware that someone is interested in you, then you may want to focus your emotional energy in that direction.

Punasa

October 24, 2019 at 4:08 am

Last few weeks ago I suddenly went to hospital because my father was admitted at hospital.There suddenly i met a guy who was doctor. I didn’t knew if i like him or not but i kept on looking him and I felt like he also kept on looking at me but I’m not sure.I tried speaking to him before departuring from hospital but suddenly i was unable to.Then now i keep on thinking about him continuously and he occurs in my dream frequently but i doesn’t have any negative or positive side. Can pls tell me why?

March 20, 2020 at 5:22 pm

It is always an odd feeling when someone looks at you or watches you and you don’t know why. Most likely, your subconscious mind is trying to sort through all the reasons why he might have been looking at you in the dream and what it meant. Unfortunately, there’s no way to know why he was looking at you in real life.

Lea2073

October 20, 2019 at 4:08 am

I had a dream about me and my ex getting back together and me leaving my current partner very hurt and wanting to do something stupid and it just ended and I’m really worried now 😞

March 21, 2020 at 10:52 am

Sometimes, your subconscious mind creates these dreams as a way to experiment with different futures or because you are afraid that something will happen and your relationship won’t work out. Thankfully, these dreams only represent the fears, desires and feelings of the dreamer, so there is no reason why your current relationship wouldn’t work out.

Vasanthi

October 17, 2019 at 4:41 pm

I had a dream about my friend who is not near me, its long distance relationship.. Recent months we both have fights coz i think that my friend chatting with a another girl as their whatsapp timing match coincidentally.. When asked this to my friend he said, he is not chatting with her,, in dream also my friend, me, along with that girl also came.. She was eating… Wat does it mean.. Y did she come in dream… Y my intuition tells that he is chatting,wen he is actually not…

April 1, 2020 at 12:10 am

Your feelings may be accurate or they may be inaccurate. Take this time to consider what your friend has said to you. He informed you that he was not speaking with her. By this time, you should know what the truth is. If you are still maintaining a relationship with him, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings.

Lim110703

October 9, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Last night I had a dream about someone I knew from church, and she somehow made it into my dream. It all started with me picking her up from her house, where I for whatever reason, showed her where I lived. She told me ‘Wow, it looks great!’. Soon enough, we went to a cafe and ordered what we wanted. Out of nowhere, a blond caucasian walked past me, telling me ‘excuse me’. I think my leg was in his way lol (It felt so real). I then turned back to the counter, and I told her ‘You’re ordering way too much. Are you sure you’re going to finish all that?’. She then replied with ‘I knowww it’s too much.’ Then she just went off laughing. I’m not 100% sure if I was laughing in the dream because I woke soon after. Argh, the dream felt so realistic, I was disappointed when it finished but it left me feeling joyful.

February 25, 2020 at 1:59 pm

The person who appeared in your dream may be someone that you are interested in maintaining a relationship with. It is clear that the two of you have similar interests. Take this time to determine what you want for your future, and take whatever action that you feel is appropriate. Nourish this connection by spending additional time with her in person.

Kaitlyn

October 8, 2019 at 1:36 am

For the last few nights, I’ve had dreams about about someone from my high school. Background: I was bullied quite a bit from other students and one in particular, and no matter the situation he as a teacher (the person in my dream) ignored all my warnings and pleas to not be any where near them and yet it still happened and always appeared oblivious to what was happening and took their side. It was probably the worst last 3 years of school I have ever experienced.

Anyway last night in my dream I was back in the school on the stage from the school, with some of the students from my drama class and he was there. We were still at odds with each other, (though the class went smoothly, with him only looking at me darkly once) though at one point when the class had finished there was only a few people around including me and him, another teacher appeared (I can’t remember who it was) but next thing I know he is saying to her is

The only reason I am here, is for her
    The only reason I am here is for kaitlyn

After this, I was in a bathroom, spitting up blood? And I could hear him looking for me and asking other students if they had seen me and that was it.

During the dream he was wearing black maybe? I’m not sure, I just remember the only thing that bright was the furniture and the props

It’s been 2 years since I left my secondary school and I’ve seen him during that time (he was in a play that a bunch of us went to see). During that time I have thought about going back and asking him why – why he always took their side, why he always blamed me – and another part of me has thought about writing it down ( a letter address to him) to try and get some closure over it.

Anyway yeah, 😂 I’ve probably shared way too much detail over the whole situation but, just so you can understand my mind set. Any advice?

February 19, 2020 at 5:49 pm

It seems that this person is on your mind. It is clear that he did not respect you during your past. It seems that you need to make a decision about the future. You may find that closure will be beneficial, but you may also choose to allow your thoughts to fade. Introspection will help you make a decision that is beneficial.

Amelia

October 7, 2019 at 11:21 am

I had a dream the other night and this guy who I used to friend with was in it?!
    (BACKSTORY: we were like really close and I had a crush on him for a bit and he did on me for a bit too. Then one day he started airing me and pretending I don’t exist) I havent properly talked to him in like 2 years but I do see him around school in some of my lessons.
    In my dream he appeared and basically proposed and said how much he missed me – and now I’m so confused – WHY DID I HAVE THIS DREAM? 🙁

February 4, 2020 at 8:38 pm

You haven’t spoken with him for years. It is possible that there was something in your life that reminded you of him. Make a decision about what you feel is appropriate. If you feel that it would be beneficial for you to reach out to this person from your past, then do so.

Willow

October 3, 2019 at 5:33 pm

I had a dream where a guy in my class was naked and we were swimming together in this weird pool. I don’t even like him, we are just friends.

January 23, 2020 at 2:22 pm

You may be interested in developing a new social relationship. It seems that you need to make a decision about what you want for your future. If you want to speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, then do so.

Jessica

September 26, 2019 at 3:49 am

Hello,i have this dream about a particular guy i know,but we don’t talk.i don’t even think about him,but in my dreams he tells me how much he likes me,we go intimate and all.i’m worried why it’s him i see in the dreams…instead of the person i truly like.

December 28, 2019 at 12:32 am

The person in your dream may be a placeholder for someone else. It is possible that he is an amalgamation of various qualities that you find attractive. You are aware that you are interested in maintaining a relationship with someone at this time, so make a decision about what you feel is appropriate. Speak with the person in your life about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well.

Cheryll

September 23, 2019 at 6:30 pm

I dream of me and my classmate were in a some sort of bar,kissing each other. actually she’s a girl, and I’m a way attractive to a girl tho. Is it an indication that this girl may be possible thinking of me and like me??

December 24, 2019 at 11:17 am

Unfortunately, it is just a myth that someone is thinking of you if you dream of them. The dream may show your attraction to her and perhaps the hope that she could like you. There is no way of knowing if she likes you back or not from just a dream, so make a move in real life if you want to find out for sure. Good luck!

Camprice

September 22, 2019 at 5:57 am

I’ve dreamt about my ex. We’ve just broke up a month ago. He was in my dream, I was trying to get his attention until I just walk away and then when I walk away he followed me and hug me tightly. I was really happy and feel so overwhelmed . The feeling when you really miss someone and finally see him again . All my worries at that time fade away with his hug. It was a very nice feeling. What does it mean?

December 23, 2019 at 7:21 pm

You still have memories of being with him in the past, so it only makes sense that these memories would appear from time to time in your dream. This dream could have been random. It is also possible that the dream occurred because you want to have a close, loving relationship like that in your real life, so your subconscious mind gave you a dream involving a previous romantic relationship.

Fgh

September 19, 2019 at 3:57 pm

I had a dream where my crush put the back of his left hand on my cheek and his hand was hot, but not burnt. His hand was clean and very pretty, but very hot to the touch. I remember in the dream him looking from his hand to my face and back again. I began to move my left hand upwards but woke up before I got there.

December 21, 2019 at 6:37 pm

This dream is a sign that you are interested in nourishing a relationship with your crush. The heat of his hand could be an indication that you feel that he is a powerful figure in your life. It is also possible that you are aware that he is someone who runs hot. If you want to maintain a romantic relationship with him, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Fgh!

Joy

September 16, 2019 at 6:53 am

I had a dream in dat dream there’s these particular road I was going to some1 appeared to me and was telling me with a great force to go back immediately I accepted going back I wokeup. Please help me interpret

December 20, 2019 at 8:58 pm

Traveling in dreams may be a sign that you are currently following a path in your life. This may be related to your social relationships, your behaviors, or your desires. The warning in your dream seemed to be made with the intention of preventing you from continuing on a path that you are currently taking. If there are any behaviors that you are making at this time that you are aware are harmful to you or others, then ensure that you alter your behaviors in a positive manner. Have a great day, Joy!