How to Dream About Someone

By on January 15, 2017

Have you ever felt the urge to dream about someone in particular? You want them to arrive at a moment when you’re the most comfortable, most relaxed, and when anything can happen. There’s no telling what could happen in your dream, but you want them to be in it either way; but how can someone ensure that a certain person will show up in their dreams? With a few simple tips and tricks you can be one step away from drifting off to dreamland with that special someone by your side.

The first thing you need to do is practice or enhance your lucid dreaming skills. Lucid dreams are dreams that happen and the person realizes they are asleep and not in reality. After acknowledging this you can begin manipulating your dreams, to the point where certain situations and individuals can be a part of them.

197be94c944d021f8245f01203c1587a

HAVE THEM ON YOUR MIND

The most important thing you can do to ensure someone arrives in your dream is to think about them often. From the moment you wake up in the morning until the time you fall asleep (and especially when you’re drifting off to sleep) this person should be on your mind. Make it a priority to think about them constantly throughout the day so you can mentally prepare your mind to think about this individual even when you’re dreaming. It’s also imperative that you are completely calm throughout the process. If you’re stressed out or anxious while thinking about this person, then the dream may not occur, and if it does, it may not turn out the way you want it to.

ASK FOR THE INDIVIDUAL

During your lucid dream, the easiest and quickest way to have an individual arrive in your dream is to simply ask for them. If there are other people in your dream, go right up to them and ask them if they have seen the person in question, and if they can go get them for you. Have the belief that the person will go get the person you want after you ask. You could also try telling them to get that person directly.

GO FIND THEM

Another really easy way to get someone in your dream is to go look for them. In your dream, if you see a place where the individual would often go- for instance their workplace, home, gym, or another spot they are often attending or love to go to- enter that location and find them. Only do this if the place is nearby, within walking distance in your dream. If you have to fly to the location you may end up getting distracted by something else and losing your lucidity altogether.

4e0b23f21a2844351df2f731ea78c23f

ASK THEM TO TAKE YOUR HAND

Want someone to show up in your dream? Just ask! During your dream you need to hold out your hand and say “___, take my hand”. Sometimes the individual will appear and grab on to your hand the moment after you say that.

CHECK BEHIND THE DOOR

While you’re dreaming, if there is a door nearby you should go and check to see if the person for is behind it. You should have the idea in your head that the person WILL be located right behind the door. If someone else answers the door, ask that person if the individual you are looking for is there.

CHECK AROUND THE CORNERS

On the other hand, if you see any corners in your dream, look around the corner with the expectation that whoever you want to see will be around the corner waiting for you. It’s a quick and easy trick but it tends to work often.

IMAGINE IT

One thing you can try to do while you’re having a lucid dream is to imagine a location or scene in your head where the individual will be. This particular way of dreaming about someone requires a lot of effort, so it’s typically not a first choice especially if you’re new to the lucid dream game.

084e64eee695a5754d2c81c495635e46

SPIN AROUND

When you are lucid dreaming, try spinning around for about 5-10 seconds. While you’re spinning, think about the place and the people you want to see when you are done spinning. After the 5-10 seconds is over, stop spinning and your scene should appear.

ALWAYS REMAIN CALM

One important way to succeed in dreaming about someone is to make sure you stay calm the ENTIRE time. It is even more important to remain calm when you see the person you are trying to dream about. Don’t run up to them or try to sneak up behind them. Don’t be nervous or scared when you see them. All you need to do is remain completely calm and be happy to see this individual. If you don’t remain calm, that person may leave your dream or the situation could be bad.

KEEP TRYING

Lucid dreaming is hard and requires a decent amount of time and effort to really get it going. The best piece of advice anyone could give you is to keep trying! Even if you don’t succeed for the first couple of tries, it doesn’t mean it won’t happen in the future. Keep using all of your priming techniques and eventually you should get to the point where dreaming about someone is a rather simple task.

9232c49fee9150d10d33d759fc63da88

Before you try to dream about someone remember that you first need to know how to manipulate lucid dreams. If you need more information about lucid dreaming and how to lucid dream, there is plenty of information on the web. Once you’re confident that you know when you’re lucid dreaming and you can slightly manipulate your dreams, then you can try these tricks to dream about someone

Didn’t know dreaming about someone could be possible- and so simple, right? Have you ever used lucid dreaming techniques to dream about someone? If so, did you use one of the above mentioned techniques? Share with us your stories.

Zion

December 3, 2019 at 6:54 pm

I had a dream where my crush was in a relationship with me, then she turned around and kissed a nemesis of mine. What does this mean?

January 20, 2020 at 2:30 pm

This dream is a reflection of your emotional connection with your crush and your social influences with your nemesis. It is clear that you how allowed these people to have a large impact on your life. You need to make a decision to navigate your life in a manner that will reduce stress. Make a decision about your future, and take appropriate action.

Zion

December 3, 2019 at 6:54 pm

January 20, 2020 at 2:30 pm

Loner

November 27, 2019 at 8:55 am

I had a dream that I was surrounded by my friends, we sat in a big and round table. I was telling them how it feels to betrayed by someone who I fully trust, I described it to them while crying. Next they console me and understood me then I wake up crying. In fact, I’ve never told them how it feels and it’s been a long time since the last time I saw them. They just don’t care. What does it means?

January 21, 2020 at 7:34 pm

It seems like a part of you already knows what it means. They don’t seem to care in real life, and you never told them how it feels. This dream was your subconscious mind trying to give you a chance to explain your feelings and get support like you weren’t able to do in your waking life.

Heethar

November 24, 2019 at 12:57 am

Thanks for this article. Reading through it, I kept getting more and more excited and anxious imagining doing all or any of these techniques, only to come to the one that states to “remain calm.”
    The mind truly is an amazing thing. I cannot wait to try and dream now.

Thanks again.

February 4, 2020 at 12:05 am

Thank you for sharing your supportive comment. Please share your insights in the future.

Michelle M.

November 15, 2019 at 8:03 pm

I had a dream where I was crying in a bathroom, I found out I was pregnant. I kept saying that I could barely support my son, let alone another child. I thought that I would have to drop out of nursing school. I talked about the babies father, but I can’t recall his name. I prayed that it was just a horrible dream. Everything turned black, then I opened my eyes, I was in a hospital room and in my arms was a newborn, a boy. My older son (who looked about two) was by my side, he had a big smile on his face. I cried, I looked at both of them and said they needed a better mother than me. I cried so much.

I’m 17, I plan to go to nursing school, and that dream scared me. I remembered everything about it so clearly, unlike the other dreams I have. Could that possibly be my future?

February 8, 2020 at 11:48 am

This dream seems to be a manifestation of your fears and concerns rather than of a sign of the future. It is clear that your financial worries have impacted this dream, but it is clear that you are taking positive action in regard to your career. Nourish your relationship with your son by spending additional time with him in person.

Nanana

November 12, 2019 at 6:38 am

I dreamt the same person everyday but he didn’t came to my dream last few days and im so upset . I need to see him real bad . Could it be possible if he had dreamed of me ..?

February 10, 2020 at 7:35 pm

Your dreams are a reflection of your own subconscious mind, so it will be hard to make someone come into your dream. If you want to dream about him, try thinking about him before you fall asleep. It is unlikely he dreamed of you because dreams only reflect the dreamer’s subconscious mind.

Confused

November 10, 2019 at 8:36 pm

I had a dream where I walked into a room and my best friend was there naked, we just talked and slept and I woke up. What does that mean?

February 12, 2020 at 11:08 am

Your dream could be an indication of your desire to nourish a relationship with your best friend. Similarly, being naked could be a sign that you feel a strong sense of intimacy between the two of you. Take this time to look inward to better understand your dream, and take whatever action that you feel is appropriate.

HG

November 9, 2019 at 4:04 pm

I had a dream about my boyfriend Aaron, we had a first kiss. But i haven’t had one in real life, what does that mean??

February 13, 2020 at 8:22 pm

It may just mean you want to kiss him. Many dreams are just a kind of wish fulfillment, which definitely seems what this is. Of course, there is no reason you have to wait! If you want to have your first kiss, make a move and kiss him! Good luck!

Morgan

November 2, 2019 at 11:21 pm

I had a dream that I had my first kiss with my boyfriend. What does this mean?

February 26, 2020 at 4:40 pm

It probably means that you’d like to have your first kiss with your boyfriend sometime. Whether that is actually possible in real life or not is entirely up to you and your boyfriend. Good luck!

Dreshaun inge

November 1, 2019 at 11:01 pm

One time I was being bullied by this guy and that night I had a dream about him. What could that mean?

February 27, 2020 at 8:12 pm

The dream may show that the thought of this guy keeps reappearing in your mind and causing you lasting anger or resentment. Because of the bullying during the day, the guy appears at night when you sleep as well.

Kayla

October 30, 2019 at 12:31 am

i had a dream that i was in a field near my house and i came towards my house. in the back yard were two boys and a girl, i have no idea who any of them were. they offer me to eat with them so i sat down at the table. it felt like an actual restaurant was moved into my back yard. we had to wright our phone number on a piece of paper and i suddenly realized that the boy sitting across from me was on his phone and kept looking at my number. i gave the people my paper, we finished eating and the boy across from me and the girl asked to walk me inside my home. i said yes and they walked me. the other boy just kept sitting at the table on his phone. the boy walking with me started texting someone then my phone buzzed.i looked and it was a message from him. it said i really like you like a lot i think i may have a crush on you. i cut my phone off looked at him, and he was starring at me smiling. so i smiled back and kept walking. what does this dream mean?

March 3, 2020 at 4:25 pm

This dream seems to be a reflection of your social and emotional desires. The message on your phone may be a sign that you are interested in nourishing a new relationship. Take this time to make a decision about what you want for your future. You will draw positive people and energy into your life by sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life.

Cierra

October 28, 2019 at 5:14 pm

For the past 2 nights I have had a dream about this guy I had a crush on for the past like 5 years and I guess you could say fell in love with and not in a creepy way but in the dream we were in school and a bunch of our friends were around doing their own thing and he started like “flirting” I guess you could say and it was kind of like the movie after where they were romantically falling in love…. Anyways what exactly does that mean or what could that mean?

March 4, 2020 at 7:07 pm

This dream is a manifestation of your emotional feelings that you have for your future. Take this time to determine what you want for the future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. You can strengthen your connection by spending additional time with him in person.

Goghie

October 21, 2019 at 1:57 am

I dreamed about my idols(the whole members). But I always confuse because when I dream about concerts or awarding, then their names will be called individually but one of the members which I always look for, he always being absent or not attending the program… Also if he is there, sometimes he ignore me that makes me feel sad sometimes since I want to see him personally but I’m afraid that he might ignore me.

March 20, 2020 at 8:00 pm

These dreams are reflections of your social and emotional connection with this group of people. Your strong feelings for the individual who ignores you may be a sign that you are aware that the two of you are not communicating. If there is a change that you want to make in your life, then take whatever action that you feel is appropriate.

Goghie

October 20, 2019 at 8:10 am

Everytime I dreamed about my idols(the whole members of the group) one scene is I attended to a awarding or concert I think then their names called individually but I’m looking for someone(my bias) but he is the only one that always absent, or not in the program which I always waiting for him but he doesn’t appear.

March 21, 2020 at 10:42 am

Seeing your idols may happen because you want to meet them and be around them in your waking life. The fact that you can’t find your favorite idol may be because your subconscious mind realizes you can’t actually meet and be close to these idols in your waking life, so your dream made it impossible to actually be around him in your dream.

Katy

September 24, 2019 at 11:16 am

I had a dream that I was working a shift in the middle of the night and a coworker I don’t know tried to kiss me. I kissed him back but wouldn’t go out with him, and he was mad because I only kissed him for his face. I was really disoriented and tired in my dream. What does this mean?

December 24, 2019 at 11:48 am

The experience that you shared with this person in your dream may be an indication that you are aware that there are people who are attracted to you. His negative feelings when you informed him that you didn’t want to date him could be a sign that you know how people react in similar situations. If you know someone who is irrational or immature, then you should abstain from nourishing a relationship with that person.

Julie

September 19, 2019 at 2:10 pm

I had a dream last night when a boy nisser me.. and a day later i like him!! What does that mean???

December 21, 2019 at 6:33 pm

This dream seems to be an indication that you want to maintain a new social relationship. Your feelings with this person may be blossoming, so determine what you believe is viable and appropriate. If you want to date him, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time together in person. Have a great day, Julie!

Becca

August 10, 2019 at 8:26 am

I had a dream where my fiance, his friend Connor, and I were playing video games and Connor had his arm around my shoulder. My fiance left and to help my father. Connor and I started to *mess around* (cough) and after we finished my fiance came back from helping my father and hurried me to get ready for a wedding, and Connor kissed me and said he loves me. What does that mean??

August 10, 2019 at 10:04 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship. You are aware that you are engaged, so allow thoughts of Connor to fade. It is possible that you are aware of the social relationship and potential attraction that the two of you share. Regardless, focus your emotional energy on your partner. Do not attempt to maintain a romantic relationship with Connor. Have a great day, Becca!

Eleanor

December 16, 2019 at 8:54 pm

It depends alot on how you felt about him kissing you and you guys messing around. When you woke up, when you thought about the dream, were you happy or confused and grossed out?

January 5, 2020 at 10:26 am

Thank you for your supportive comment, Eleanor!

Ally

August 9, 2019 at 10:51 am

I had a dream I was holding on to a past lover of mine, I was crying saying this was the last time I was going to see him and him reassuring me it wasn’t. Then he opens a door stating a lot of people are coming and I wake up

August 10, 2019 at 9:22 pm

This dream is a reflection of your previous emotional relationship with your ex. It is possible that your words were indications of your desire to see him again, and his statements were signs that it may not happen. The open door is a reflection of new opportunities in your life. Share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy toward you. Have a great day, Ally!

John

July 31, 2019 at 9:47 pm

I had this dream yesterday that I dreamed I was with my friend and we were walking and talking and she asked if she could lay her head on my chest.

August 1, 2019 at 1:10 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your friend. You may be interested in maintaining a more intimate relationship with her. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with her about your thoughts and feelings, and give her an opportunity to share herself with you as well. Have a great day, John!

Ash

August 4, 2019 at 9:08 pm

I have a friend named John..

August 5, 2019 at 8:23 pm

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings. Please share more of your thoughts and feelings in the future. Have a great day, Ash!

Yaaaaaa

February 9, 2019 at 11:11 am

I had a dream where I was walking with my senior year class to prom. We were dropping people off at there distinctions and once we got to the last stop I pushed through people to get to the front and all if a sudden my crush was there laughing with one of his friend. After the teacher said the rest of us must go. So I started walking really slow so that he could go in front of me and I can walk alone but he just walked with me the whole time,i remember being really nervous in my dream and thinking “just say hi”, but I couldn’t do it. Anyway he started dancing weird to make me laugh and I joined him but we never spoke still. From there his friend was in front of us and he walked there and I remembered feeling like he didn’t want to be near me but then I heard him say to his friend “why can’t I just say hi”. What’s does that mean?

February 11, 2019 at 12:33 pm

The setting of your dream may be a sign that you are interested in going to prom and having an enjoyable experience with your crush. Your dream may be an indication that the two of you are close and share a strong connection with each other. The behaviors of his friend may be an indication that there are other people in your life that you may want to maintain social relationships with him. Determine what you want for your future, and speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Ya!