Dreaming About Black Snakes

By on January 21, 2019

Having a dream about a black snake can be a very frightening experience, especially considering that the particular hue of black represents a negative energy or dangerous connotation. And while most black snake dreams have a powerful, yet destructive meaning behind them, there are certain situations in which a dream about a black snake can be somewhat positive.

Positive Outlook on Black Snake Dreams

• Before we dive into the negative meanings behind seeing a black snake in your dream, let’s figure out some positive ones.
  • If you return home and you are not scared but are rather happy with yourself, this could be a sign that you have conquered whatever negativity was trying to bring you down and you can proceed with life.
  • If you wake up and realize you know who is causing the negativity in your life and you know what changes need to be made, that is a great indication that the black snake undid your blindfold and you can now see the light.
  • Waking up and realizing the problems you need to fix as soon as possible is also a very positive outcome of having a black snake in your dream.
  • When the dream was ending it was a positive experience, no matter what happened through the rest of your dream, you can wake up knowing it was not all for nothing and figured out a solution to the problem.

Black Snake Attacking

Let’s say during your dream a black snake attacked you, and you really couldn’t defend yourself too well from it. Having a dream like this can mean that you’re having difficulty with coping in different areas of your life. You need to look deep into your mind and heart to discover what things you’re being unable to cope with. Even if you think you’re perfectly happy on the outside, there may be some deep-seeded issues you need to come to terms with.

Black Snake Cut in Half

During your dream, if you stumble upon a black snake that is completely cut in half, you can chalk it up to the message being that you need to do better in social situations. Perhaps you’re a bit on the mean side when it comes to new people, or you’re overly distant and shy? Having this dream indicates that you need to cut those bad habits in half when it comes to socializing. You need to make a change with yourself and realize that you can give respect and kindness to others, and they will return the favor.

Baby Black Snakes

Simply put, the baby black snake represents the small amount of finances you may have. The baby snakes is a sign you need to get back on track with money and quit spending too much.

Black Snake is Threatening

If in the dream the black snake is frightening to you or threatening you in any way, this may be a representation or a troublesome person in your life. It is a big sign that you need to let this person go and move on with your life, or they will continue to destruct it any way they please.

Black Snake in the Wild

Finding a black snake in the wild is typically a sign that you are delving into some dangerous situations. What you need to do is remove yourself from these situations immediately so you may find peace in your heart and mind.

Oftentimes in dreams such as these, the black snake will actually say words to you. It is important to recall and remember the words, as they are usually a small insight of wisdom that you need to listen to and apply to your life.

Having a dream about a black snake is typically associated with something negative. But don’t think of this as an all around negative experience. Take the dream as a warning. See what things in your life you need to get away from or change so that you can have peace all around.

Have you ever had a dream about a black snake? Did it end up helping you to make changes in your life?

Stan

January 22, 2020 at 2:40 am

I dreamt where I saw a blue with white dot very long python in front of our house in my hometown and the snake crawled inside a Sandy underground hole, I went to the kitchen at the backyard and brought a kerosene and poured inside the hole but the snake did not come out. I also saw a black long snake that hide itself at a broken pavement block in front of the house, and my mother was sweeping outside there, I used stick to bring it out and it crawled out and I hit it but was mistargeted, I stoned it but couldn’t get it, it crawled towards my mom as I chased it and it ran inside the bush and disappeared and I woke up. Please what does this dream means?

January 22, 2020 at 8:01 pm

The specific meaning of snakes may be found within this article. It seems that your behaviors was a reflection of your fear, and it responded with similar behaviors. If there is someone that you feel that you need to avoid at this time, then do so.

Rose

January 20, 2020 at 3:13 am

I dreamt I cut a black pipe open and a small black snake crawl out of it and when into the field. What does that mean?

January 20, 2020 at 12:13 pm

This may mean you feel as if you are headed into a dangerous situation, but you aren’t fully aware of the danger yet.

Sintoiya Kishoiyan

January 14, 2020 at 4:15 am

Weirdly each time i start praying for restoration of my marriage..same night i dream with a snake. one time i dreamt with a green snake but it was running away from me.. yesterday i dreamt with a black rattlesnake with red dots.. it was big..i was quite scared.. passing through the compound. my daughter spotted it and approached it but instead of biting her.. it crawled past her (like running away) and crawled into the kitchen sewer system. i trapped it with a huge stone that laid on its tail making it unable to crawl further… trying to break itself free the house shook almost falling apart… then i woke up. what could this mean?

January 14, 2020 at 12:25 pm

The specific meaning of snakes may be found within this article. You may feel that your relationship is causing you stress and undermining your intimate life. It seems that you would benefit from taking a look at the reality of your situation. Determine what you believe is appropriate and viable.

Renee

February 7, 2020 at 7:42 am

I had a dream of a black snake wrapped around my body mind you im pregnant but it didn’t bite me it was trying to bite the people who tryed to get it off of me

February 7, 2020 at 5:55 pm

Perhaps your dream is because your subconscious feels like you are being smothered or strangled in life by people who mean well. Considering you are pregnant, that’s probably pretty accurate right now–no matter who you talk to, it always seems like someone has an opinion about how to take care of your body or what you should do.

Rans

January 5, 2020 at 6:44 pm

I have a dream of a massive snake is entering( so faster) into our house thru outer walls into ground and entered inside the hall and went outside from our main door to backyard (faster) .my uncle has catch the snake and thrown out of backyard wall , the snake got hit to our wall and fell back and itself went outside with same speed without harming any one.Outside the house i saw a different creature is running away from the same snake , the snake went and bite the creature with the speed..
    In between after leaving the main door the snake has stopped ans turned back with five head and saw me keenly and left ..

January 6, 2020 at 8:07 pm

The dream shows a potential concern that you are not coping with different areas of your life right now, and you fear that even the help of your loved ones will not be enough to help you overcome the obstacles that you are facing.

Laura

January 5, 2020 at 5:21 pm

I dreamt I was in a small empty vet-like consultation room with someone holding a black mamba by the tail. The snake was very aggressive and tried effortlessly to escape by wiggling very wildly hoping to break free. I was sitting on my heels in the corner right opposite the handler and snake (but still a safe distance) and I remembered watching the snake’s behavior and thinking how dangerous that type of snake really was. It was as if I was in awe of it and not afraid at all.

January 6, 2020 at 8:09 pm

This dream may mean you need to do better in social situations, or you feel like there is a danger in your life that you can confidently overcome. Either way, the dream just shows what is going on in your subconscious mind and not what can or will happen in your waking life.

Reinis

January 4, 2020 at 12:48 am

Last night i saw a dream with three headed black snake creature. That creature looked like ancient one of anciend mythology creatures but i couldn’t find it. In a dream when i looked behind some mystery door with a special key there was a large room filled with water and dark sky. And that creature looked at me like he saw trought me. That creature was bigger than every building on earth and that snake creature was sitting on the water like he can’t drown.
    (Sorry for my bad language if there is it)

January 4, 2020 at 4:21 pm

The dream shows that you feel surrounded by ancient mysteries that you are still struggling to understand. Perhaps you feel like any time you learn one thing, there is only more to be learned like the Greek hydra of ancient myths.

Amina W

December 20, 2019 at 6:36 am

So I had a dream I was in a classroom and I couldn’t get this very tiny small black snake off of me. My child’s father whom I’m in a relationship with was sitting next to me and he pulled and pulled until he got it off of me then it was stuck on side of his face it was as long as a large males hand so tiny for a snake. He finally got it off of him and put it in a box. We thought it was dead. No one was scared at all. The snake came out of box an started moving his head really fast at us and we all started laughing . And we told another guy in room to look at what the snake was doing. He laughed then I woke up. What in the world does that mean lol

December 22, 2019 at 10:44 pm

Even though you may feel concern about an ominous or unexpected influence in your life, you are not truly afraid. You have been able to conquer the fears that held you back, and you are ready to move on.

Kaitlyn

October 28, 2019 at 5:54 am

I had a dream about a very very large black snake in the grass and was frightened of it at first. The snake made its way over to me and I cut off its head. It remained dead for awhile and then it regrew its head and came back to life. It stood up like it was going to bit me but didn’t. I turned away from it and didn’t necessarily feel any fear of it biting me at that point.

December 29, 2019 at 3:00 pm

The dream shows a sense of discomfort in social situations, and an inability to cope with them completely. The fact that you do not feel any fear seems to indicate that you feel capable of confronting your social anxiety in the future and becoming better at navigating social situations.

Victoria

October 20, 2019 at 6:41 pm

Dreamed of a long FAKE black snake on a table just laying there I was not scared of it al all…it really looked like a toy because in the dream I seemed to be at a party. Just would like to know what it means.

December 29, 2019 at 2:58 pm

Snakes often show approaching danger or fear in your life. The fact that the snake in the dream is fake may mean you feel as if the things you thought were dangerous in your waking life are not nearly as dangerous as you thought that they were.

Sara Bovard

October 20, 2019 at 7:16 am

I dreamt that I was in my front yard walking my dog as usual and noticed a large black snake. It was very thick like a worm. I happen to love snakes so I studied it closely and cautiously. Then I noticed another and another ! There was like a migrating group of them moving along the grass and crossing the street. My dream senses told me they were from South America. They began to cross the street and I watched concerned ready to stand in front of any cars to protect them. I saw a neighborhood hawk snatch one from my driveway and fly off with it. I thought they might be venomous so I didn’t pick any up but I found them fascinating!

December 29, 2019 at 3:01 pm

Black snakes often show a fear of dangers around you, but your dream is remarkably different. It seems that, even if there are dangers around you, you feel like you can overcome them. Perhaps the dream also means that, even though you are dealing with these dangers in your waking life, you know that they are not nearly as intimidating or scary as other people might think.

Hilaria Guzman

October 2, 2019 at 2:01 am

I just had a dream that I was driving in my car and it was dark outside suddenly 3 black snakes fell on the car I immediately rolled up the windows so they couldn’t get in but they still got in from the top of the windshield thwy all 3 bit me 2 in my left hand and one on my right hand I pulled them off one by one and threw them out the door I started feeling sick and deficated on myself then I woke up with the urge to use the bathroom and did not make it to the bathroom and went on myself in real life

December 29, 2019 at 2:57 pm

The dream may show a sense of danger or fear that you are going through. You may feel like you are unable to overcome the problems you are facing, so you dreamed about the snakes. Hopefully, you will be able to work through any issues in your waking life so that your dreams are less traumatic.

Alanoud

September 29, 2019 at 8:18 am

Can you please help me answer this?

What does it mean when i kick a snake & it falls from our first floor to our house’s basement, so i watch it die and struggle to move? I’ll be glad to tell you more details but I’d really appreciate your help, I’ve been thinking about it for days..

December 28, 2019 at 10:09 pm

The specific meaning of snakes can be best understood by reading this article. Your decision to kick the snake within your dream may be an indication of a harmful or negative action that you have recently taken. The dying snake could be a sign of a previous relationship that you once maintained. Allow the negative aspects of this dream to fade. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life.

Seeboo

September 28, 2019 at 9:29 pm

I dreamed of a baby black snake,which was not harmful in the dream,there was a family gathering and a new born baby ,my siblings kept throwing it to each until we chased it away,

December 28, 2019 at 10:01 am

The dream may show concern that your family members have enough money since a baby snake is often a sign of financial trouble. Meanwhile, the baby shows a transformation in your family’s life. Perhaps the dream is trying to show you that you and your family members need to “chase away” any money problems before you take any major steps or make changes in your lives.

SRUTHI KURIAKOSE

September 26, 2019 at 10:48 pm

Last night I saw a terrible dream of a black snake biting me..It was in my garden near a mango tree.There were several medium sized snakes with a similar color to rattle snakes and beside them was this solid black comparitevly large snake..its head didn’t have any scales.it was plain hard shell like head..I was approaching the tree and seeing the snaked I marked sound to move it.but to my astonishment it moved in the other direction right through my feet biting me..The place where it but was red and surrounding skin turned blue and started bubbling up..I took a blade and made an opening there for blood to flow out..I was totally terrified by the dream.

December 28, 2019 at 1:10 am

The specific meanings of snakes may be best understood by reading this article. The bite could be a sign that you feel that you have suffered due to the actions of another individual. It is possible that you are managing a stress in your life. The knife could be an indication of how you may address concerns and worries that develop in your life. Introspection will help you determine the proper course of action that you want to take.

T.Johnson

September 19, 2019 at 3:45 am

In my dream I was standing in front of a dark wall with a big square hole in it. There was a black curtain partially open on the wall and I was afraid. There was a guy beside me asking if I wanted to do this snd I kept saying yes and trying not to be afraid. I was thinking this had to be done and how I was going to grab the snake under his head before it strikes. I pictured it being black and big with a king cobra hood. There were people behind me but they were not paying attention to me. The snake came out and looked at me. It was black, really big and heavy looking but the king cobra hood never showed. It never hissed or got upset it just stared at me and moved beside me. I felt strong and still afraid of it. It followed me throughout the dream for a short while, even in the bed, then I ditched it amongst a crowd of people for someone else to tame.

December 21, 2019 at 5:54 pm

The dream shows that, even when you are facing deep, innate fears, you are able to confront them with confidence. You already have all the strength you need in order to handle the challenges and fears that face you in your waking life.

Louisa

September 16, 2019 at 3:46 am

Thanks for the sharing.
    I just had a dream where my father and I found a snake nest. There was a small black snake wondering around the eggs (there was a lots of empty snake eggs).
    During my dream, I saw the same snake twice. Firstly we found it together and then I found her alone.
    What do you think it might be?

December 20, 2019 at 8:43 pm

A nest of snake eggs is said to represent anxiety or fear, but this may not be the case for you because dreams are highly personal. The fact that you are trying to find the eggs on your own later on may show that you feel some anxiety about doing things on your own without your father’s guidance.

Melissa

September 10, 2019 at 5:49 am

Last night I dreamt I had this white shirt on and I looked over my shoulder and saw a black tail. I realized it was a small black snake/ baby. I threw my shirt off and saw it fully and tried to pick it up with the shirt and I lost it. I couldn’t find it and then I woke up.

September 10, 2019 at 8:06 pm

This dream may be an indication of your thoughts related to fears that you may have. Snakes are often manifestations of concerns or worries that you may have in your life. The shift may have been an indication of your social expressions. Make a decision about what you want for your future. If there is something in your life that you need to address, then do so. Have a great day, Melissa!

Hayat

September 8, 2019 at 4:59 am

I had a dream few days back where I saw multiple black snakes, many small ones here and there, inside some place where I live with my husband and child. But I don’t remember the details of the place now. All of us were clearing off the snakes, taking up the snakes by hand and putting them in polythene bag :D. Though in real life I am dead scared of snakes!! All the snakes were under blankets, cushions and all and strangely when we find a snake it wont try to crawl but only jump. They were moving by jumping. While I was checking for snakes under a blanket in a couch I found a very big black snake. It looked at me for few seconds and jumped on me and then i got up and the dream broke. Thank God!
    I am confused as to what this means. I have not seen a snake in dream for more than 10 years in my dream for sure. Hope you can help me with the meaning of this dream.. Thank you.

September 9, 2019 at 1:41 pm

You have stated that you are afraid of snakes, which may indication that the snakes in your dreams are manifestations of your fears. It is possible that you feel there is a concern or worry that you are dealing with at this time. There may be something that you need to address. Make a decision about what you want for your future. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Hayat!

Rose

January 20, 2020 at 5:00 am

January 20, 2020 at 12:05 pm

Rin

July 26, 2019 at 8:18 pm

Hello. I once dreamed of killing a snake. In a bathroom I found out that there is a big snake so I called the attention of my little brother. I was standing far away while he try to kill tje snake with a somewhat spear like tool. Then he killed the snake after that lutside there is another snake and I called the attention of my aunt to kill it. She killed it. It was a big snake also. What does this mean? Thank you

Courtney

July 2, 2019 at 6:15 am

I just had a dream where there were sharks and then I woke myself up and went back to sleep and had a dream I was in an old parlor shop. The other staff said that there was some snake issues so they had fake snakes around. Somehow a small black snake found its way around my left wrist. I was wearing a sweatshirt hand the sleeve fell down over the snake and I was scared to move and have the snake move it way deeper on me. I remember saying, well I guess it’s mine now, as a joke but I was terrified. Then I woke up.

July 2, 2019 at 7:35 pm

The sharks and snakes may be manifestations of various concerns or worries that you may have in your life. It is possible that you are dealing with a fear. Many snakes are not harmful and shark attacks are rare, so it is possible that you are worried about something that will likely not harm you. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Courtney!