When a Guy Blocks You: What Does It Mean and What to Do

By on May 16, 2018

One of the worst things about social media is the fact that you can be deleted and blocked from someone’s life without so much as a second thought, in less time than it takes to blink. To be so happy in love one minute, only to find that you can’t even see your BAE’s Facebook or Instagram page the next; there’s only one thing to do when you’ve been blocked by your guy …

When a guy blocks you- what does it mean and what to do 2

Don’t React

Of course, there are a hundred and one ways of dealing with this particular situation, but one thing is for certain — he’s mad or sad and needs a little time. He’s *that* mad he doesn’t even want to see your social media accounts, let alone speak to you. If the two of you try to communicate on any level there’s a good chance the situation will just get worse … and more heated. You’ll both say things that you didn’t mean but the other person won’t be able to forget that you ever said them and that little lover’s tiff you had has the potential to turn into something deeply troubling. Perhaps even relationship-ending.

When a guy blocks you, give him some space. Let him have some time to think and relax. If the two of you have come to blows, chasing him further is just going to chase him away. You shouldn’t beg for his time, nor should you keep chasing him for it. If he doesn’t want you in his life right now, get on with yours.

• Get the girls around and have some drinks and a movie.
  • Invite your parents around for dinner and a catchup.
  • Go to the gym like you keep saying you’re going to do, but never do.
  • Do something else — don’t pine for him, don’t sit and wait for him, just get on with your life and let things play out just as they’re going to.

When a guy blocks you- what does it mean and what to do 3

Don’t React Like This …

If he blocks you on Facebook, don’t message him on Instagram. He’ll block you on there too, and then you’ll need to resort to using Twitter. What if he blocks you there? Whatsapp next? Then iMessage? What about Skype?

If you keep going around the social media accounts, there’s a good chance he’ll just keep blocking you. Take the first blocking as a sign — this chap needs his space.

> > If he WANTS you to chase him around the various social media accounts to “prove” how much you’ll do for him, he’s playing games. You don’t need that drama in your life. Boy, bye! < <

While we’re on the subject of other things NOT to do, don’t scream and shout at him. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again — he needs some space. Shouting and screaming at him is not giving him space. We know that you don’t want to lose your BAE, but hurling abuse at him is not going to keep him in your clutches.

One final point that we feel it is important to bring to your attention — stalking his social media accounts using your friend’s social media account is always a good idea in theory but usually ends up going wrong somewhere along the line. You will accidentally ‘like’ an update from months ago, for example, making him aware of EXACTLY what you’re doing. He’s going to know that it’s your best friend letting you use her account.

When a guy blocks you- what does it mean and what to do 1

Do React Like This …

Spend some time on yourself — treating and loving yourself. Self-care is very underrated but oh-so-vital, and if he won’t love you in the way that you would like him to, perhaps it’s about time that you started to love yourself?

Treat yourself to a pamper weekend or have that extra slice of chocolate cake. You’ll add an extra half an hour on at the gym to compensate for it, right?

Get your hair done. Nails? Yeah, get a manicure while you’re there too. All of those things that you don’t seem to find the time to do anymore now that you’re in a relationship; that’s what you should be doing. Sitting around waiting for him to make that unblock call is probably just going to break your heart. As the saying goes, you should be with the guy who ruins your lipstick with kisses, not your mascara with tears.

When the time is right — when you have both calmed down — you can talk again, perhaps sort out the problems you had or have. But you do need to have calmed down first. You can’t solve an argument by starting a brand new one. You almost must remember that the resolution might not always be quite as you’d hoped.

Sharon

May 26, 2019 at 10:19 am

Me and this guy have been friends for a while and made it known we liked each other. We never could get on the same page but we definitely like each other. The other day after some years we met up everything went well we were set to hang out again. Then he blocked me. He did say he was confused still but knew he liked me previously . Why do you think he blocked me?

May 27, 2019 at 6:04 pm

He has decided to block you. There may be various influences in his life which may have caused him to behave in this manner. For whatever reason, he has determined that he is currently unable to maintain a relationship with you at this time. Determine what you want for your future without him. Learn from this relationship and apply this knowledge to your future relationships. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Sharon!

Pegita

May 24, 2019 at 3:28 pm

We were having a good time together and he called me on Sunday and told me he has ran out of airtime so I should call….later on I went to pray so on my way to the house and a friend of mine messaged me and I replied…then he saw me online and texted…thank you very much without allowing me to explain to him….he blocked me on WhatsApp then my number to… I went ahead to explain things to him then he blocked me on snap and unfollowed me on instagram….I used my elder Sister’s number to call him he has also blocked that number…but I’ve messaged him on messenger he sees it but doesn’t reply me

May 24, 2019 at 5:17 pm

He has decided to block you on multiple accounts. He then blocked your sister’s number. He is not interested in maintaining a relationship with you. Make a decision about what you want for your future without him. Focus your emotional energy elsewhere. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Pegita!

Pegita

May 24, 2019 at 3:27 pm

We were having a good time together and he called me on Sunday and told me he has ran out of airtime so I should call….later on I went to pray so on my way to the house and a friend of mine messaged me and I replied…then he saw me online and texted…thank you very much without allowing me to explain to him….he blocked me on WhatsApp then my number to… I went ahead to explain things to him then he blocked me on snap and unfollowed me on instagram….I used my elder Sister’s number to call him he has also blocked that number…but I’ve messaged him on messenger he sees it but doesn’t reply…what should I do ?meaning he’s no longer interested in me

May 24, 2019 at 5:07 pm

lina

May 21, 2019 at 7:14 pm

this guy added me up on snap and we were talking through there for a couple hours. last night, we called and it all seemed to be going good up until out of the blue, he blocked me. i texted his number and he is being extremely rude, not giving me a reason as to why he blocked me & stuff. i cant think of any i did??

May 22, 2019 at 8:31 pm

His behaviors are not indications that you did anything wrong. His rudeness is a sign that he is an immature person. It is beneficial that you are no longer maintaining this relationship. Determine what you want for your future without him, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere. Share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Lina!

haylie rogers

May 23, 2019 at 9:34 am

same but I didn’t get his number he was calling baby girl and everything but I’m not sure on what to do

May 23, 2019 at 10:12 pm

If this person has blocked you, then he is not interested in maintaining a relationship with you. If the two of you are speaking, then share your thoughts and feelings with him. Have a great day, Haylie!

Morgan

May 20, 2019 at 1:41 pm

I was in this NSA situation. I didn’t like him nor did he like me. We just liked hooking up. We had this routine of seeing each other twice a week. Mind you, we hardly talked to one another. The only time we talked was when we’d ask each other if we are available that day. He blocked me last night out of the blue after we hooked up. Why would he do that if I didn’t do anything but give him what he wanted?

May 20, 2019 at 5:20 pm

The two of you were in an NSA relationship. For whatever reason, he decided to end this relationship. He made the decision to block you. He is no longer interesting in continuing the relationship. Determine what you want for your future without him, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere. You will draw positive people and energy into your life by sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Morgan!

Kaitlyn

May 19, 2019 at 8:35 pm

I was texting a guy for about a week nonstop, and everything was going great, he seemed really into me, but I didn’t reply to one of his texts for a day because I was super busy. I texted him the next day to reconnect with him, heard no response, and then the day after I tried to send him another text and found out he had blocked me. Am I the one in the wrong here, or is he overreacting? Should I try to reach out to him to apologize?

May 20, 2019 at 4:40 pm

His behaviors may have been reflections of other influences in his life. For whatever reason, he has made the decision to block you. He is no longer interested in maintaining a relationship. Determine what you want for your future without him, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Kaitlyn!

Amoudath

May 19, 2019 at 4:13 pm

I am so sad. My boyfriend blocked me on whatsapp. I really loved him but he was acting weird lately and wont talk to me. I sent him a message and he read it but didnt reply. Now he wont reply my calls or message. Called me a psychopath for looking at his twitter. Then he blocked me. I cant stop crying i love him a lot. I feel so sick and i have exams too. I just keep crying i thought he loved me. I feel like going back in time and stopping the whole relationship i am so sad. I only told him he keeps acting like he doesnt care if i leave n that it hurts. Now it hurts so much. I really loved him

May 20, 2019 at 2:41 pm

Your boyfriend made the decision that he no longer was interested in maintaining a relationship with you. He felt that your decision to look at his Twitter account was unacceptable. This likely means that he was hiding something or had something that you didn’t want him to see. Because of this, he made the decision to block you. Make a decision about what you want for your future without him. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Amoudath!

Lily

May 19, 2019 at 12:11 pm

Hello.
    My own case is,i have been dating this guy for abt one year now.We had a misunderstanding recently.He was obviously wrong nd he refuse to admitted it,he kept on blaming me.This is not the first time he is doing it nd i told him that i can’t cope with his behavior nd that he has to change.He just told me that if i say one more word he is going to block me nd i told him he is free to do anything he wants.He actually blocked me.Should i give him space?What should i do?

May 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm

The two of you had a misunderstanding. He then informed you that he was willing to block you. You responded by telling him to block you. He then accepted your request. It is clear that the two of you are no longer interested in maintaining a relationship together. Make a decision about what you want for your future without him. Have a great day, Lily!

ns

May 19, 2019 at 4:21 am

There’s a guy that confessed that he’s in love with me some months ago, he even said he doesn’t want a relationship if I’m not comfortable and that he just wants to marry me when he graduates. I too kinda have the same feelings for him but because of a past experience I somehow couldn’t say yes to him. I was scared of getting hurt,I didn’t want to get my heart broken again so I always denied my feelings in front of him even though he kept asking, then one day I blocked him on all social media because of some misunderstanding and he kept contacting me using his other number and stuff but I directly used harsh words again and said I have no feelings for him. After one month he again texted me saying I’m not forcing things on you but I don’t want to lose you at least we can be friends and I said yes, again after one month when it was his birthday I wanted to wish him but didn’t because I didn’t want to show my feelings for him suddenly he blocked me on every social media the next day of his birthday, I’m so confused idk I have feelings for him but I don’t want him to know, I want to be with him but I think I lost him and now I’m scared that he might have found someonelse, what should I do now?

May 19, 2019 at 10:52 pm

The two of you shared a strong social relationship. He shared his feelings with you, and you made the decision to simply be friends. For whatever reason, he made the decision to no longer maintain a relationship with you. Since he has decided to block you, you should make a decision about what you want for your future without him. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Ns!

Karla

May 17, 2019 at 10:31 pm

The guy I have been dating for the past 2 months blocked me on WhatsApp today. Everything was fine till about a month ago, work was busy for him. We haven’t seen each other in a month or spoken of texted.

May 18, 2019 at 3:34 pm

The two of you have not spoken a month. He has blocked you. He is no longer interested in maintaining a relationship with you. Determine what you want for your future without him, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Karla!

Emilie

May 17, 2019 at 12:30 am

My name is Emilie and I’ve been friends with my boyfriend for over a year. Two weeks ago we confessed that we actually like each other a lot more and became boyfriend and girlfriend. First I need to inform that we’re long distance- he’s from the US and I’m from Denmark. He has also previously helped me get over a boyfriend ghosting me and we’d been talking almost every day since then. During the two weeks after we became gf/bf, we’ve been talking and texting every single day, right until Sunday. That day (early morning for me bc timezones) we talked like usual and he promised he’d call before work- said love you, miss you to each other and that was that. No red flags what so ever. I wake up and see his nickname gone on Snapchat and it won’t let me add him again. I go to Instagram, where the same thing happens. I check everything I can and nothing. Without warning or anything he had just blocked me, out of nowhere. I can’t ask what happened or anything and it just hurt, we had literally just talked with each other and suddenly that’s it. Blocked as easily as that. I still don’t know what to think, cause I keep thinking I did something wrong.. I don’t know about giving him time, when we had no arguments or anything that could’ve been a red flag. So yeah, that’s my story currently. It hurts a lot that he’s done exactly what he knows happened in my previous relationship, cause he was there for me.. only here it’s one step further- blocking me. I still very much love him and care so much about him, I just don’t know what to do.

May 18, 2019 at 12:38 pm

There may be various reasons for his actions. It is possible that he was maintaining a relationship with someone else. Regardless of his reasons, his actions were hurtful and inappropriate. He has deleted and blocked you, which means he is no longer interested in maintaining a relationship with you at this time. Determine what you want for your future without him, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere. Have a great day, Emilie!

Rowdy

May 15, 2019 at 7:45 am

My crazy guy…blocked me…bcz i said block me if u want i will not disturb… he blocked me..in that time…such suck..i now he will unblock but what should i do?…leave it like that..it will be OK😢😊

May 15, 2019 at 10:01 pm

He has decided to block you. He decided to block you because you told him that he should block you for some reason. Learn your lesson from this experience and apply this knowledge to your future relationships. Determine what you want for your future without him. Have a great day, Rowdy!

Sharrla

May 14, 2019 at 3:40 pm

My name is Charla and I’ve been with this guy for over 2 years we live together and he blocked me from messaging also to show social media but tells me I’m the love of his life. At the same time he’s still on dating sites talking with other women like they’re going to hook up what is that mean? He don’t actually meet them or anything but I keep catching him doing this.

May 14, 2019 at 8:37 pm

He has been attempting to meet with other women. He also decided to block you. The two of you live together, which means you need to make a decision about what you want for your future. Determine which one of you is moving, and speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. You will find great benefit by sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Sharria!

lara

May 14, 2019 at 8:25 am

i’m so confused..
    there is a guy i kind of like abt 6 years now, 2 days ago i finally got (his number) to text him.
    at first it was bad but yesterday it went really like REAAAALLY good.
    we even followed each other on insta.
    but today when i wanted to text him i found out he blocked me and unfollowed me on insta.
    i did nothing.. i don’t understand it

May 14, 2019 at 8:06 pm

The two of you spoke and had a good conversation. Something in his life influenced him to block you. This may be another person or his feelings of anxiety. Make a decision about what you want for your future without him. If he reaches out to you, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Lara!

Maia

May 13, 2019 at 7:01 am

A girl told me that my crush who I was texting is a fuckboy and player i asked hjm about it on snapchat and he unfreinded me . The next day I asked him why he unfreinded me. And he said he didn’t want to talk to me. He then blocked me. A month later he keeps adding and unadding me on snapchat whenever I add him then he unaddeds me when he opens my snaps. Then he stopped after 2 months now he is doing it again ive already apologized to him but he wont say anything . What does he want from me ?

May 13, 2019 at 7:32 pm

He was offended by your question. He decided to block you. He may have been interested in what you had to say to him. He is not speaking with you at this time. Make a decision about what you want for the future without him, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Maia!

Maia

May 14, 2019 at 6:36 am

Will he come back to me after some time why does he keep coming back but DOESN’T say anything

May 14, 2019 at 7:02 pm

There may be many reasons for his behaviors. At this time, determine what you want for your future without him, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere. If he reaches out to you, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings at that time. Have a great day, Maia!

Test

May 17, 2019 at 7:36 am

We been going out for a month, he decided to break up with me bcos he was too busy. He said let’s b friends bd he still like me,I said ok. I still really like him. After some days he came and said i got him sick. But I wasnt sick..that he shouldnt blame it on me. I accepted the accusation so we could stop fighting but niw he doesn’t want to talk to me. He has blocked me everywhere, I want to try going to his house. What should I do?

May 18, 2019 at 1:16 pm

He decided to end your relationship. He then chose to be upset at you for getting him sick, which was false. He then decided to block you. It seems as though you are lucky to no longer have this person in your life. Make a decision about what you want for your future without him, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere. Have a great day, Test!

Maia

May 14, 2019 at 6:35 am

May 14, 2019 at 7:01 pm

Neelima

May 11, 2019 at 3:50 am

I said goodbye not wholeheartedly but my love has blocked me I did many calls msgs whole night and next day he blocked me at by normal and in wtsapp.. i love him so much I want him back it was hardly 3rd day am unable to control my tears I want him in my life.without him I can’t stay please suggest me

May 11, 2019 at 8:59 pm

He has decided to block you. This means that he is not interested in maintaining a relationship with you. Make a decision about what you want for your future without him. Focus your emotional energy elsewhere. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Neelima!

Meg

May 10, 2019 at 3:43 pm

I’ve been seeing a guy for a couple of months, nothing too crazy but just a few dates and regular talking. He always initiated conversations and dates, he recently told me he would like to see me again and I said I was having a busy period but would see him at some point. I then made time for him and asked him out on a date and he blocked me without replying despite conversations being normal prior to that. Is he crazy?

May 10, 2019 at 4:40 pm

He has decided to block you. This may mean that there are other influences in his life at this time. Since he is no longer interested in maintaining a relationship with you. Make a decision about what you want for your future without him. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Meg!

Divyanshi rawat

May 9, 2019 at 1:30 am

I love him so much what i do ne block me why

May 9, 2019 at 4:49 pm

He has decided to block you. This means that he is not interested in maintaining a relationship with you at this time. Determine what you want for your future without him. Have a great day, Divyanshi!

Divyanshi rawat

May 9, 2019 at 1:29 am

I love him so much what i do

May 9, 2019 at 4:48 pm

Lisa

May 8, 2019 at 1:18 pm

Hello my name is Lisa and I’ve been talking to this guy for about 10 months and in the beginning everything was going really good. We asked each other questions to get to know one another better. Then maybe 2 weeks later we started arguing about simple things and little things as well, and we’ve been arguing ever since. One night I logged into my Snapchat and I seen a video that he posted of him and his female friend at the movies, and I called him after I seen it and asked him about it, and he said they were just hanging out at the movies and he also said he didn’t do anything wrong. So another night I asked him if we could trade phones and he said no, so when he told me that then I started thinking he might be hiding something in his phone from me or he doesn’t want me to see who’s sending him messages. It’s just that he gets mad when I mention something like he’s trying to hide something and he’s not telling me about it. So yesterday he got mad and started arguing again and then I sent him a message and told him that he has a bad attitude and he told me to leave him alone and I told him I wasn’t doing him anything so then he said that’s why he don’t talk to me cause I don’t listen and after he said that then he blocked me and said so he could have his peace from getting calls and texts. We are just two people that talk and aren’t in a relationship. It seems like he doesn’t want a relationship rite now, and he doesn’t have time for no one at the moment and I can tell that it seems like he is losing interest, cause he’s not communicating with me at all. How can we make things work out better for the both of us.

May 9, 2019 at 2:55 pm

His behaviors were inappropriate, and you asked him about his actions. He felt as though you didn’t trust him. He decided to block you, which means that he is no longer interested in maintaining a relationship with you. Make a decision about what you want for your future without him, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere. Have a great day, Lisa!

Elsy

May 18, 2019 at 7:14 am

Hello! I was blocked by my crush after his gf broke up with him because she discovered we were seeing each other. It s been 3 months and I m scared to contact him again. They were on a break but i think he was not supposed to see ME.
        Should I try to text him? They are not back together. Thanks!

May 18, 2019 at 4:49 pm

You were helping someone cheat on their partner. His partner then decided to end the relationship. He likely blames the relationship with he had with you for his relationship ending. This likely caused him to feel upset with you and with himself. He made the decision to block you. This means that he is no longer interested in maintaining a relationship with you. Determine what you want for your future without him, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere. Have a great day, Elsy!