When a Guy Blocks You: What Does It Mean and What to Do

By on May 16, 2018

One of the worst things about social media is the fact that you can be deleted and blocked from someone’s life without so much as a second thought, in less time than it takes to blink. To be so happy in love one minute, only to find that you can’t even see your BAE’s Facebook or Instagram page the next; there’s only one thing to do when you’ve been blocked by your guy …

When a guy blocks you- what does it mean and what to do 2

Don’t React

Of course, there are a hundred and one ways of dealing with this particular situation, but one thing is for certain — he’s mad or sad and needs a little time. He’s *that* mad he doesn’t even want to see your social media accounts, let alone speak to you. If the two of you try to communicate on any level there’s a good chance the situation will just get worse … and more heated. You’ll both say things that you didn’t mean but the other person won’t be able to forget that you ever said them and that little lover’s tiff you had has the potential to turn into something deeply troubling. Perhaps even relationship-ending.

When a guy blocks you, give him some space. Let him have some time to think and relax. If the two of you have come to blows, chasing him further is just going to chase him away. You shouldn’t beg for his time, nor should you keep chasing him for it. If he doesn’t want you in his life right now, get on with yours.

• Get the girls around and have some drinks and a movie.
  • Invite your parents around for dinner and a catchup.
  • Go to the gym like you keep saying you’re going to do, but never do.
  • Do something else — don’t pine for him, don’t sit and wait for him, just get on with your life and let things play out just as they’re going to.

When a guy blocks you- what does it mean and what to do 3

Don’t React Like This …

If he blocks you on Facebook, don’t message him on Instagram. He’ll block you on there too, and then you’ll need to resort to using Twitter. What if he blocks you there? Whatsapp next? Then iMessage? What about Skype?

If you keep going around the social media accounts, there’s a good chance he’ll just keep blocking you. Take the first blocking as a sign — this chap needs his space.

> > If he WANTS you to chase him around the various social media accounts to “prove” how much you’ll do for him, he’s playing games. You don’t need that drama in your life. Boy, bye! < <

While we’re on the subject of other things NOT to do, don’t scream and shout at him. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again — he needs some space. Shouting and screaming at him is not giving him space. We know that you don’t want to lose your BAE, but hurling abuse at him is not going to keep him in your clutches.

One final point that we feel it is important to bring to your attention — stalking his social media accounts using your friend’s social media account is always a good idea in theory but usually ends up going wrong somewhere along the line. You will accidentally ‘like’ an update from months ago, for example, making him aware of EXACTLY what you’re doing. He’s going to know that it’s your best friend letting you use her account.

When a guy blocks you- what does it mean and what to do 1

Do React Like This …

Spend some time on yourself — treating and loving yourself. Self-care is very underrated but oh-so-vital, and if he won’t love you in the way that you would like him to, perhaps it’s about time that you started to love yourself?

Treat yourself to a pamper weekend or have that extra slice of chocolate cake. You’ll add an extra half an hour on at the gym to compensate for it, right?

Get your hair done. Nails? Yeah, get a manicure while you’re there too. All of those things that you don’t seem to find the time to do anymore now that you’re in a relationship; that’s what you should be doing. Sitting around waiting for him to make that unblock call is probably just going to break your heart. As the saying goes, you should be with the guy who ruins your lipstick with kisses, not your mascara with tears.

When the time is right — when you have both calmed down — you can talk again, perhaps sort out the problems you had or have. But you do need to have calmed down first. You can’t solve an argument by starting a brand new one. You almost must remember that the resolution might not always be quite as you’d hoped.

Mimi

December 6, 2019 at 6:39 am

There is this guy, we became friends online but never met…he was in my school but we dont have co-education, at that time he was dating one of my classmates.She wanted to end things with him so she started ghosting him, she was trying to find every reason to break up with him, it was because she lost feelings and interest.He told me we cant be friends because he is blocking all the girls to prove his loyalty to her thus he blocked me.
    2 years later I changed my school and so did he, we are in same schools but its still not co-education.He made another account and followed me, we ended up talking again and became really close friends.Few days passed by ,he started following a friend of mine,She ended up telling me she likes him and had liked him since 2 years which apparently all my friends knew about except me.They got really close in few months and we became bestfriends in that time. He started asking me about her likings and more stuff about her ,as we talked daily, I started liking him more than a friend by that time but never told.
    Me and that friend of mine went on a hangout with him one day, it was weird because I felt like I was third wheeling but i didnt care that much and tried to ignore it.Then I planned a hangout with him one day and she wasnt free so she said she cant come, I went with him and as we were there ,she called him to come out and said she was there with her parents but ditched them for few minutes to say hi.I stayed in the restaurant as they talked out side and when he came back he said they just talked about how their day went…really weird.
    Later she told me she would confess to him,I was shooked but acted happy to her,few days passed by and i asked her when will she confess…Thats when she told me that she already did on the day i went to meet him….i was heartbroken on how they hided it from me.Then they started going on dates and him still not even mentioning about it, but I could do anything.Few days ago they became official and he actually started speaking about their relationship to me but I kept showing I was happy for them.He told him he needs his personal space as I went to talk to him in the mall where his parents were too so he scared that his parents could have seen us because his and mine both of our parents dont approve of opposite gender friendship,
    I told him i wont be online for few days because i wont have my phone and he thought i was mad at him for asking space but after 2 days i became online again and told him i wasnt mad, he told me his GF already told him that i didnt have my phone thats why i wasnt online…i was kind of dissapointed as i wanted to explain myself but then we barely talked for one day and then he blocked me out of the blue.He blocked me and i cant understand why,He said we are bestfriends but what bestfriend does this,He said he wouldnt ever leave me and look where we are now .I feel like a used tissue paper, it hurts more than it did last time.I dont know what to do other than act like its not bothering me,He blocked me from instagram so i texted him through snapchat saying u forgot to block me from here and how easy it is do so,then told him the steps to block someone on snapchat…I dont know weither it was the right thing to do or not but I really dont know what to do anymore about this whole thing.

January 13, 2020 at 8:08 pm

You may want to move on. He became friends with you again because he had a crush on your friend and wanted to learn more about her. Now, it seems possible that he blocked all girls again so that he can be a faithful boyfriend–or, perhaps, his parents made him after they realized that he was making friends with girls online. Whatever the reason, it seems like he is interested in your friend at the moment, so all you can do is wait and hope that the situation changes.

Leaden jeff

December 5, 2019 at 10:45 am

I had a boyfriend for exactly 4 months we broke up on thanksgiving day before we started dating he was my best friend but after the break up I asked is he wanted to be besties or just freinds he said just friends days later he posted on his intsa story and I hide it so I wouldn’t see it then later I found out he blocked me … I’m so confused because after the break up we never spoke and I never said nothing to hurt him we broke up on mutual terms so why would he block me if we agreed on just being friends ?!?

January 17, 2020 at 2:52 pm

People often say that they want to be friends to be nice, but many people just can’t handle it. He probably blocked you because he just can’t handle the pain of being apart, even if he was all or partly responsible for the breakup. It doesn’t mean you did anything wrong; he just can’t handle being just friends. You hid his Insta story because it was too hard to see a reminder like that, which is probably a very similar reason to why he blocked you.

Sam

December 4, 2019 at 11:18 pm

I was with this guy for a year then I felt he started pulling away ignoring me ghosting me so I messaged him a bit more until he replied and said he cant do this anymore and needs to focus on other things his brother is unwell. Then a few days later I messaged him and he said stop messaging me I waited a week and bum dialed him which he then blocked me I’ve been blocked for 2 weeks now… are there any chances of him coming back… he did say the sex was amazing and body perfect but he needs to focus on other things.

January 17, 2020 at 2:56 pm

It sounds like he can’t focus on anything else right now. When he got the other call from you (even though you did it accidentally), he decided that he had to be firmer about what he wanted. It’s possible that he’ll come back to you after everything calms down, but there is no way to know. I’d probably move on now because there’s no way to know if he will be coming back or not.

Hurt and confused

November 30, 2019 at 1:23 pm

I met a guy online and things seemed to be headed in the right direction for us. We both discussed us wanting something long term and how we both appreciated transparency and we texted every day and he asked me on a date even included a time and place and made a future date being that we both work busy schedules and weekends worked best for us both. The day of our first scheduled date I texted him to see if we were still on for later in the evening and noticed he had blocked me. I checked Facebook which he wanted to join me in. He blocked me there too. It really sucks because I had really thought this had potential.

January 20, 2020 at 3:18 pm

He may have been talking to more than one person at once as he tried to find the right partner, so he may have blocked you once he found the right person. It’s also possible that he just realized that this relationship wasn’t exactly right for him, and he didn’t want to tell you why or be open with you about his decision. Whatever the case, the only thing you can really do at this point is to focus on moving on.

Bane

November 29, 2019 at 4:04 pm

Me and this guy have been talking non stop for about 3 months, he asked me to be his girlfriend about one month in (we’re military). And then he just stopped talking to me during the first week of November, then after giving him space, he blocked me. I don’t know why and I’m freaking out. He knows I have sever anxiety and depression and things like blocking me for no apparent reason is one of my triggers.
    Do you think he hates me? Or am I over reacting…

January 20, 2020 at 3:38 pm

He may have just realized this relationship wasn’t right for him. Because of your anxiety and depression, he may have also been concerned about how you would respond. Rather than just finding the courage to talk to you and tell you how he felt, he decided to block you and move on instead. All you can do now is focus on moving on. Good luck!

Lorry

November 28, 2019 at 1:39 am

My boyfriend has been negleting for a month now, last week he went to the party and came back next morning having lipstick on his mount and the make-up on his tshirt. i got angry and parked his clothes and tell him to go back to his girlfriend. He has never contacted me and appologies, instand he blocked me on whats up. i call him and ask why did he blocked and he is saying is not coming back home. i must get another boyfriend. What must i do? Was i wrong to chase him out of the house after that. He doesnt want to speak to me anymore.

January 21, 2020 at 6:41 pm

You were not wrong to chase him out of the house after that. He blocked you because you caught him cheating and called him on it. He should be the one to apologize, not you. It sounds like he has spent the last month trying to end things or wanting to end things, and he is using this as an excuse. The reason the relationship ended was him. Now, the best thing you can do is focus on moving on and find a boyfriend who will be faithful and honest with you.

Sierra Young

November 27, 2019 at 10:47 am

I have been dating my bf for 8 mo. he had blocked me from seeing his stories on his social media in the past. we talked about it and he fixed it. This past month he did it again when he went out with his cousin and i saw it on my friends account because i had a weird feeling. Im not even upset that he went out, i know he’s not cheating im just hurt that he feels the need to block me when he knows I just ask for open communication. I confronted him, and he said he wouldnt do it again and loved me. when we went to a concert I realized I still couldnt see his things and albeit got aggressive I was so upset. He said he just forgot to unblock me. and after the fact we havent really been talking. he unblocked me then blocked me again. reading this made me realize maybe he needs space but I need to know, why would he consitently try to hurt me? i am supposed to see him today upon my request, he said he needed to think and I said we can think through things together. Was that a bad idea? is it better to wait? it’s so hard for me to just let things sit :/ i don’t really know what to do. I still love him, im just hurt. i’m not sure if he still feels the same way about me

January 21, 2020 at 7:06 pm

A few things could be going on. Normally, I’d assume he was cheating, but a few details you mentioned make it seem unlikely that this is the case. You could actually see his post through your friend’s account, and he didn’t seem to be with anyone other than his cousin, which seems to mean that he isn’t cheating. Instead, it seems like he just thinks you might freak out if he goes out on his own. Unless you have done something to make him think this, it’s probably a hold-over from a previous relationship where a girlfriend was controlling. I’d sit him down and talk openly and honestly about why he thinks you’d care or worry about him going out. Then, you can explain why you are so concerned and work on the cause of his behavior over time.

Lisa

November 27, 2019 at 9:24 am

I was with a great guy for two months. I was falling in love. He was so sweet and attentive. He called instead of coming by to say he saw no future for us and was deeply in love with his ex and they had been talking extensively. I hung up and sent an email two days later letting him know how hurt I was and saying that I was shocked by his character and good bye. He then blocked me . Why would he block me if I wasn’t bothering him?

January 21, 2020 at 7:26 pm

He’s probably feeling a bit guilty. Most likely, he started dating you knowing he wasn’t over his ex or not realizing it. Now, he probably feels bad and like he was just using you, so he’d rather block you than have to face the harm he caused and his own guilt. Unfortunately, all of this means he probably isn’t coming back to you–although, at least you can find solace in the fact that it wasn’t your fault.

Carol

November 26, 2019 at 9:42 pm

Hi,
    I met a guy few months ago. We dated for a month and after a month we got together. He broke up with me the same month we got together over a stupid argument. I kept reaching out to him to fix things but he never answer or text back. He recently blocked. Do you think he moved on for good, perhaps there’s someone else in his life?

January 22, 2020 at 8:21 pm

He chose to not respond to you. He then made the decision to block you. This relationship is not viable, so determine what you want for your future without him. Focus your emotional energy elsewhere.

Lily

November 24, 2019 at 12:13 pm

I met this guy way back in 2016 at camp.We did not talk but when met on facebook and became friends.He asked me out and we started dating. We dated for a month and broke up with him because of the distance between us.It is was not up to a week or two when he posted another lady picture and I later got to know from the lady that they are dating. I was so hurt badly,I got angry and said alot of hurtful words to him. I told him to block me on whatsapp but he refused.I made him do it by sending him annoying text messages. He blocked me…After a year,he unblocked me on whatsapp and we became friends but my feelings for him came back and I made a mistake of telling him how I feel for him. He said he feel the same way but he never showed me.Days went by,weeks and months went by but he still did not show me. I got so confuse and ask him if he sees me as a friend or a lady but he did not say anything.He said we should allow things to happen naturally and she should not force things.But still I wanted to know when he feel for me but still nothing.Two days ago,I was upset and I told him to block me because it is almost a year,nothing is yet to happen naturally.I do the calling and texting first.He did not reply to my messages.Today I told him to block me and he did. But it hurt so much. I want to forget about him but I don’t know what to do.Help me

February 4, 2020 at 12:03 am

It is clear that this relationship is nonviable and unhealthy. Do not continue to attempt to maintain a relationship with him. If he reaches out to you, then you should not respond. Determine what you want for your future without him.

Kaya

November 23, 2019 at 3:18 am

So i’ve been talking to this guy for a few months now, and he’s always really sweet. He goes to uni and we don’t live in the same area but i do still see him on weekends when we’re both free. In the beginning his messages and calls were quite often, and he’d facetime me a lot when he was in his dorm room, and sometimes i’d be busy so i couldn’t pick up. And i’ll admit my replies were bad for a week and he got annoyed and randomly wanted to end it.

But then he seemed to realise the next dsy he didn’t. We’re not officially going out and I do like him and he told his mate he likes me too. So sometimes his replies will be SHIT like a reply after 3 hours, which is annoying but as hes a year older i do understand hes got a lot of work in uni and etc etc

So after that we started communicating more, we facetimed each other a lot and it got better and stuff.

We were supposed to meet again but he flopped and didn’t tell me and then i must of ignored him for a few days because i was irritated that he hadn’t even told me he was running late or anything and i was waiting in a cafe for a few hours and i even rang him, and he even admitted her hsd his phone on him but he said something came up, and shit. He apologised and i let it go.

so we met up one weekend and thus was the first time we kissed it was fine after and he dropped me home (he always drops me home and never lets me pay for shit) and everything was fine that weekend. As he comes on the weekend he goes back during the week and then its like once he went back his slow repliee continued.

Now he’s done it a fee times where i’ll message him and we’ll be talking normally n then he’ll take forever to reply and he’ll air. my friend told him i don’t like it when boys are too clingy, and i’ve never told him that he needs to sort out his communication, but i’m thinking i need too.

Sometimes i get the vibe that he’s unsure if i like him, but i did reassure him that i do. And we had a whole week where we didn’t talk because i was feeling like he’s getting used to messaging me then airing, and then waiting for me to pop up. So after a week he popped up n we were talking again. But lately his replies have been kinda flaky, and then literally the other day i come home and see that i can’t find his snapchat. We only communicate via that and phonr calls.

So my sc sometimes glitches and randomly de adds people, but when my friend searches for his name she can find him but idk if i’ve been blocked. I messaged him via his number asking if somethings wrong w his sc and he said his phone has broken and he’s currently using a new one and “whos this” i told him it was kaya (me) and he hasn’t replied since.

I’m currently giving him the benefit of the doubt, but we’ve had a few issues and i’m just confuser because when we meet we’re fine but it’s like when he goes back it’s suddenly slow replies. Like a reply after 4 hours and i’m not gonna be shady but i KNOW he has his phone on him. a lot. I just get the vibe that he’s messing me about rn, or maybe he’s talking to someone else, but then i think why would he travel really far to see me and then pick n drop me home etc etc never let me pay etc idk. I need some advice 😂

February 4, 2020 at 12:26 am

It is clear that your relationship is not viable. You should not attempt to continue to nourish this relationship. If he reaches out to you, then inform him of your feelings. Determine what you want for your future without him, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere.

Mysterious

November 22, 2019 at 11:07 am

I was hooking up with this guy for a little bit. We hooked up 5 or 6 times spent the night a couple times, best sex of my life lasted for hours he was amazing. I had just got out of a six year relationship which he reached out to me he is the one who initiated us talking than he became distant, and ghosted me for a month and a half. All the while I was texting and snapping just asking him to be honest don’t ghost me if you don’t want to hook up or hangout or be my friend just say so it hurts a lot less. Than one morning he blocked me on everything I said one final thing before he blocked my last social media and he responded and said he is talking to someone and to please leave him alone. I’m 98% sure he isn’t talking to anyone but knew I’d leave him alone. I’m kinda sad and confused now.

February 4, 2020 at 1:21 am

He made the decision to block you. There may be various reasons for his behaviors. He may be still thinking about his ex, and he might not be able to maintain a relationship with you. Regardless of his reason, he is no longer interested in being with you. Determine what you want for your future, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere.

Silky

November 19, 2019 at 12:44 am

Today morning me and my boyfriend had a big fight but he also mentioned many times how much he love me. I had cut his called and I started studying… he kept calling me but I did not respond to it. He texted me a big paragraph and he blocked me. What does it mean? Is it over forever? Or he just want me to chase him?

February 4, 2020 at 3:29 am

He has made the decision to block you. There are many ways that you can choose to respond. However, it seems that your relationship is not viable. Focus your emotional energy elsewhere. If he reaches out to you in the future, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings at that time.

kiki

November 17, 2019 at 3:39 am

hi…please help me ..i dont know what to do..my bae blocked me a week ago..he won’t pick up my calls and neither reply to any of my msgs … I’ve been trying to get in contact as hard as i can..but he’s still ignoring me…he lost his grandfather two weeks ago..i know it’s affected him pretty hard but i don’t wanna loose him… please tell me .. should i try to contact him more or just give him space?

February 6, 2020 at 6:39 pm

The best thing you can do is avoid talking to him for now. It sounds like he is going through a lot, and people don’t always make smart decisions when they are going through grief. He may be serious about ending things, but it may also be the grief talking. If you keep messaging him, you’ll end up pushing him away. Basically, the only thing you can do is give him some space for at least a couple of weeks. Unless he reaches out to you during that time, don’t reach out to him.

Lebo

November 16, 2019 at 9:30 am

I dated this guy for like 8 months, at the beginning of the relationship he was so Inlove ,and caring, suddenly he gave me a cold shoulder started making excuses as to why he couldn’t make time for me, I decided to end things and when haven’t contacted each other for like 2 months and I eventually reached out again ,I really love him, we talked for about two weeks and everything was fine and suddenly he just blocked me out of no blue

February 7, 2020 at 10:19 pm

The two of you haven’t spoken to each other in months. He then made the decision to block you. It is clear that your relationship is no longer viable. For this reason, you should determine what you want for your future without him. If there is someone else in your life that you want to nourish a relationship with, then speak nourish that relationship.

Ladybug

November 14, 2019 at 8:45 am

I recently started talking to a girl I went to high school with. We hit it off great and we both agreed we liked each other and wanted to become sexual. When she came over it was the best sex ever!!! but she got too drunk and the night was really weird. I ended up having to take care of her.
    At the time she said she was separated, but still wanted to spend time with her kid Because she is in the military and is home for a month of leave. However, there was no time for me and we had a little spat. A couple days later, she posted a picture of her ex and her son. I was hurt and deleted her off of Snapchat. I then got dramatic and posted on my social medias I was in a relationship with the lord because I was tired of getting played. She watched all my stories on insta etc. for some time, but yesterday she texted me to get her shirt from my house… a cheap ass shirt which I already recommended to give to the shelter I worked at, so we didn’t have to communicate if she didn’t want to anymore. Anyways we met up and I gave it to her, but later on that day I found out she blocked me only off Instagram which is where our beginning conversations were. I texted her and told her I seen that she did that and didn’t get a reply, but she read it. I later texted her that it was fine, but now we will cut all communications because I do play games with anyone and blocked her on everything including texts.
    I saw she put her partner’s name back in her bio and I don’t quite understand why she felt the need to block me…..
    We already talked about how she never blocks anyone because she wants them the see how happy she is, so why block me? Why lie to me? I didn’t pressure her into a relationship, but I did enjoy her friendship. Why block me on Instagram, but not my number or any other social media sites?
    Yes I know time will fade my feelings, but my ego is bruised. Smh.

February 9, 2020 at 9:54 pm

Those are all good questions. Maybe she wanted to get back together with her ex. Maybe she was posting something on Instagram she didn’t want you to see. Maybe she was afraid of your reaction and doesn’t like drama. Who knows for sure? All you can really know for sure is that she doesn’t seem to want a relationship. As for the shirt, she may have just liked it for sentimental reasons or was just being petty. Whatever the case, it seems like there may be something with her ex still, or she just isn’t ready to have an actual relationship today.

Sara

November 7, 2019 at 11:38 am

Well Today my crush was sick and so I gave one of his friends a letter that I want him to give to my crush.(Which was a bad idea.Later the boy says my crush wrote to me and so on.The boys opened the Letter which I thought was not nice, I only wanted to know if he likes me or not and I wanted to tell him I like him.They somehow tell him and give him my contact he starts getting angry saying wtf I love you .He said that he doesn’t love me and then I tell him that I love him he asks me why I love him out of all the boys, I tell him and he says before that if I don’t tell him he will Block me.So after the the message he wrote ah ok and then blocked me.What should I do????

February 14, 2020 at 8:32 pm

If he blocked you, then there really isn’t much that you can do about it. Either he doesn’t believe that you like him and needs a little time to think about it, or he isn’t interested and wants to ghost you. Whatever the case, the ball is in his court, so the only thing you can do is just wait and see what happens. Good luck!

Dana

November 5, 2019 at 9:41 pm

I met this new guy on social media. We got an instant connection. It was super emotional for him and for me. Meanwhile, we both work high stress jobs that entail 10+ hour days. We both care about each other and we both have PTSD. Mine affects how we take things in the relationship. We have both been upset with each other 2x so far but forgiven each other. Today after an all night marathon of chatting he blocked me on Facebook. I texted him and he automatically said he didn’t block me and that he cares about me and will check after work, but when I go on another account the account is accessible so it appears he’s blocked me on my original account . He is repeatedly saying he will talk to me or do things I need him to do when he’s off but repeatedly forgetting and then when I get mad he writes me about how much he wants to be with me. I’m getting frustrated. I could use advise. I don’t know what it means. This is long distance relationship

February 16, 2020 at 8:56 pm

If you are in a relationship together, you have to trust each other. IF he is just accidentally blocking you, getting upset about it will only make him feel upset. It’s also entirely possible an ex has his password still and is doing it behind his back. If he keeps blocking you and you become certain that he is deliberately doing it, then I think it is safe to say that the relationship is over, even if he tries to say that it isn’t.

Dana Fears

November 5, 2019 at 9:39 pm

February 16, 2020 at 8:57 pm

Lauren

November 5, 2019 at 6:06 am

Hi, my boyfriend and I were dating for 10 months and recently we have been arguing and he said he wasn’t happy anymore and he needed space. So I left him be for two days then called him asking what’s going on. He told me he wants a break but his plan was to just focus on work and then get back with me. He told me we could stay in contact. I called him the next day and he freaked so then I left him alone. Then a week later he blockes me on everything, phone,Twitter,insta,snap. Even blocked my mom and sisters. I don’t know what to do because I still want him back but i don’t know how I could win him back. I just don’t understand why he is doing this because if he really wanted me he wouldn’t go to this extreme. I don’t know what to do. I also have stuff that I bought him that I need to drop off and now I don’t know if I should. Please help

February 16, 2020 at 9:34 pm

I think that you may want to just return the things you bought and get your money back, or give them to a friend who might like it. From the sound of it, he doesn’t want to be in the relationship anymore. If he gave you the impression he might want to date again or told you he just needed space, it was only to let you down easy because he didn’t have the courage to just end things like he should have.