What Does It Mean When You See Dead Persons Alive In Your Dreams?

By on April 24, 2018

At one point or another, the majority of us have wound up dreaming about a dead person. It may have been a loved one that recently passed away, a friend that we held dear in our hearts that left long ago, or perhaps even a public figure who left this earth and now appears to be visiting us in our dreams.

This phenomenon of dreaming about a deceased person can go one of two ways, or perhaps both at the same time. First and foremost, you’re going to fear excited, especially if you’re seeing a loved one whom you thought would never cross paths with you again. You may also feel a bit of fear- why is this dead person showing up in my dreams, alive? What could it possibly mean? Well, let’s dive in- shall we?

What Do Dreams About Dead People Mean

You Miss Them

Perhaps the most obvious reason why you may end up dreaming about a dead person is simply because you miss them; in fact, you probably miss them terribly. And while you never thought you’d see them again in your lifetime, having them show up in your dreams is the next best thing- and you’re going to feel happy about it and like you’ve reached a point of ‘peace’ by seeing their face or hearing their voice one last time.

You may also be thinking about this person often, and thinking about things leaves a ‘stain’ in your subconscious that will most likely spring up while you’re asleep. But whether or not they’ve been on your mind, them showing up in your dream will give you one last chance to say your goodbyes or simply spend time with them one more time.

They Have a Message for You

Some people (and some cultures) truly believe that a dead person visiting your dream has a specific message for you, and you need to follow it.

It is believed that a dead person coming back with a message is something you truly need to hear but won’t do for yourself. For example, if this person is telling you that you need to move on from a boyfriend/girlfriend or perhaps a career and you won’t do it for yourself, their guidance may sway you to finally make that change.

While you don’t necessarily have to listen to this deceased individual, some cultures believe that not listening will bring you a lot of suffering and pain in the future. However, every case is different and you must decide for yourself if you are going to listen to their advice or warning, or go about your daily life the way you want.

You’re in Disbelief, Stuck in the Past

When a person passes away it is truly a terrible thing. It is one of the most heartbreaking and torturous situations a person can go through, and there’s nothing we can do about it. That’s why it is not uncommon or unheard of for someone to be in utter disbelief about the death and refuse to accept it.

By not accepting this person’s fate, you’re opening up a world of torment for yourself. This state of shock and disbelief will not help you in your day to day life, so having this dead person visit you in your dreams may give you a bit of closure. After their visit, you may finally be able to believe that it’s real, but you’ll see this person again one day.

what does it mean when you dream about someone who is already dead

A Sign of Good Fortune

A lot of people also believe that seeing a dead person in your dreams is a sign of great fortune! It can mean something wonderful is about to happen that will change your life forever, such as a marriage, a new baby in the family, a promotion in your job, or something else that will bring you great happiness.

Every Dream is Different

It is important to remember that every dream is different. If you have a dream about a dead person you need to take note of what the person says to you, what the two of you end up doing, and whether or not this person is happy or sad. Remembering your dream and everything that occurred with this individual will help you determine whether this was just a fun visit, or if they have a warning or some type of advice for you.

Have you ever had a dream about a dead person? What happened in your dream? Did they have any amazing advice or fun things to talk about? We’d love to hear all your dreams and see if we can help determine what it was all about.

Pranali

September 7, 2019 at 10:18 pm

Recently i had a dream of my boyfriend’s grandpa , who died some 4 months back …. as my boyfriend and me belong to different caste, even thought his grandpa talking with me, saying it is ok to fall in love with a person of different caste..
    As he died because of an old age, i saw him in that stage only, we all were helping him to eat, sit etc.. and after saying that words to me, he kind of smiled at me and died again .. what does this actually mean… also recently my boyfriend and i never had a word or talk regarding his grandpa, so what makes him to come in my dream and what he want to tell me or us

September 8, 2019 at 10:30 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your boyfriend and his grandfather. It is absolutely acceptable for you to maintain a relationship with anyone who makes you feel comfortable, secure, and respected. His grandfather likely felt this way about caste relationships. Nourish your relationship with your partner by spending additional time together in person. Have a great day, Pranali!

Cherie

September 4, 2019 at 8:54 pm

A new friend of mine’s grandma passed away this year. I never met her, but I know of her because my friend talks about her. I saw a picture of her as well, so I know how she looks like.

Last night, she popped in my dream. She was alive and happy. In my dream, she was about to go on vacation to the Philippines. Included in my dream were my older siblings. (My sisters never met my friend’s grandma).
    In my dream, my sisters were giving her peso money to spend in the Philippines. It was a form of gift to someone thay will be going on a trip.

I didn’t see myself in the dream, but i was there watching the event as it happens.

In my mind I was happy to see my family and her family getting a long.

What does this mean? I never met the grandma in person.

September 5, 2019 at 8:56 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional relationship with your friend and your knowledge of your friend’s relationship with their grandmother. It is possible that this dream is an indication of your desire for travel. It seems that your various social and familial relationships have greatly influenced your thoughts and dreams. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Cherie!

Dolly

September 4, 2019 at 8:45 pm

I dreamt of a deceased step- aunt, i was in a store and suddenly she appeared and we said hi and hugged and she said my name is written in the black book i must make things right before it is too late.

September 5, 2019 at 7:53 pm

This dream is a manifestation of your emotional relationship with your late aunt. Something in your life caused this dream to appear. The black book may be an indication of a concern or worry that you may have at this time. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Dolly!

Upright

September 1, 2019 at 10:20 pm

I had a dream that my late father who died four years ago came to me and give me a life goat

September 1, 2019 at 11:36 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional relationship with your late father. The goat could have been a sign of your desire to work with animals. It is possible that goats are important in your culture. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. This will also help you honor the memory of your father. Have a great day, Upright!

Lisa Brown

September 2, 2019 at 12:03 am

I dreamt that my late sister was wearing my and she was waiting on us to go to someo e else funeral.

September 2, 2019 at 12:10 am

Your dream was a manifestation of your emotional relationship with your late sister. She was wearing something of yours, which could have been an indication of the closeness of your relationship. The funeral of the other person was a manifestation of your thoughts of death, which are often indications of change. Honor the memory of your sister by sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Lisa!

Kian

September 1, 2019 at 6:55 pm

I dreamt of my deceased father last night and he told me that my mother who is alive and well died.

September 1, 2019 at 11:30 pm

Your dream is a manifestation of your emotional relationship with your late father. His statement in your dream may be a manifestation of various thoughts that you are having at this time. You will honor the memory of your father by sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Kian!

Tori

August 30, 2019 at 8:19 am

I had a dream that Nipsey Hussle was my father and we were getting ready to go to a show and we were all dressed in blue.

September 1, 2019 at 1:56 am

This dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. The show and blue could be a sign of your artist desires for expression. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and take appropriate action. You will draw positive people and energy into your life by sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Tori!

ABrabham

August 24, 2019 at 2:22 pm

I had a dream last night that my best friend who passed away unexpectedly almost 3 years ago came to me and said she wasnt really dead that she faked it and wanted to see how people reacted to her being dead and then finding out she was really alive. I’m just trying to understand why I had this dream.

August 25, 2019 at 11:18 pm

This dream is a manifestation of your relationship with your late best friend. The concept of faking a death within a dream is often an indication of your desire to have this person in your life. There may have been something in your life that reminded you of this person. You will honor the memory of your best friend by sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Abraham!

Tasha

August 26, 2019 at 6:28 pm

I dreamed my best friend came back and said she wanted to take me somewhere with her I wasn’t afraid at all she looked the same

August 27, 2019 at 4:47 pm

This dream is a reflection of your emotional and social relationship with your late best friend. Your lack of fear reveals the strength of this connection. Ensure that this dream influences you in a positive direction. Share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will honor the memory of your best friend. Have a great day, Tasha!

Claudia Jodar Y Dominguez

August 24, 2019 at 5:41 am

Hi, last night I saw my uncle who passed away for 4 years now in my dream. I saw him at my grandparents house and he just stood there. I asked him… Tito what are you doing here with a disbelief in my voice and he replied with a big smile and open arms I’m back and then we hugged and laughed. What could this mean?

Kindless regard

August 25, 2019 at 8:30 pm

This dream is a reflection of your emotional relationship with your late uncle. Your shared behavior with your uncle within the dream is a sign of the strength of your connection. It is clear that the two of you cared for each other and made each other happy. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will honor the memory of your uncle. Have a great day, Claudia!

Paula

August 23, 2019 at 9:54 pm

I had a dream that my 20 year old Son who was killed 12 years ago came home from college he had tattoos and one on his face and his legs My Store manager was bringing his car and another young Man that works with me asked about his tattoos then I woke up

August 25, 2019 at 8:14 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional relationship with your late son. His tattoos may have been manifestations of his feelings and behaviors during his life. Those tattoos likely were strong reflections of his views of the world at the time when he got the tattoo. The actions of the people who were in your dream may give you insight into the purpose of this dream. You will honor the memory of your son by sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Paula!

amy x

August 26, 2019 at 4:40 am

I had a dream that my cousin who died earlier his month..He was wearing a cap and looked very happy.I had another dream and he was in it.He died in a car accident and I saw him cleaning the car window he was happy whilst doing it.He still had the cap that he had on in the other dream.He rarely wore caps..I’m pretty sure we were trying to find out the reason why he died and (idk who) said he only has himself to blame and that it’s his fault.

August 26, 2019 at 11:38 am

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional relationship with your late cousin. Th cap may be an indication of your knowledge of change, which is often symbolized by death. His decision to blame himself within the dream may be an indication of your knowledge of his mature behaviors. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will honor the memory of your cousin. Have a great day, Amy!

Rapunzel

August 20, 2019 at 11:19 pm

I lost my dad when I was 8 years old. Now I’m 22. I was far from him when he was expired…. I couldn’t speak to him even in his last days. Today I dreampt about him that he was sitting on the bench.. but I was bit far from him watching him with lots of tears. Even in dreams I was far ….What does this dream conveys me.

August 21, 2019 at 2:45 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional relationship with your late father. Your tears are indications of the strength of your connection with him. The distance between you and your father within the dream may be indication of your memories of the end of his life. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will honor the memory of your father. Have a great day, Rapunzel!

Sami

August 22, 2019 at 9:49 pm

I dreamt about my mentor who has passed away almost 4 years back. In the dream I got to know that he had not passed away but he had gone to some place to do sadhana. He has returned after 3 and a quarter year. I was shocked to know that they(his daughter whom also I can see) had never informed me. Looking at him I started crying and we just spoke with our eyes to each other.

August 23, 2019 at 1:44 pm

Your dream is a manifestation of your social and emotional relationship with your mentor. Your mentor’s Sadhana within the dream is a manifestation of your knowledge of your mentor’s spiritual beliefs. The conversation that you had with your eyes is a manifestation of the strength of your shared connection. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will honor the memory of your mentor. Have a great day, Sami!

Angela

August 20, 2019 at 6:56 am

I had a dream last night about a high school sweetheart who recently passed away. We remained long distance friends through the years and kept in touch through social media. In my dream my current husband and I went to visit him at his house. There were a lot of people there, mainly relatives of my ex-boyfriend. In my dream, I was deciding on if I should stay and be with him or leave with my current husband. His relatives mentioned he was sick and kept asking me if I was going to stay. I heard my conversations with my ex-boyfriend and even hugged him. My current husband was patient in the dream and let me visit and talk to him. I felt like I was so torn over what to do. I still hadn’t made a decision when I woke up. What could this mean?

August 21, 2019 at 1:40 pm

The recent passing of your friend influenced this dream. Within your dream, you husband appeared to be supportive. Your husband likely understood your relationship with your dream. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will honor the memory of your friend. Have a great day, Angela!

Isabel Mpe

August 24, 2019 at 9:15 pm

I am involved with this man for over 3years, staying with his 14year old little horn who I love, her mother passed away in 2013 o never knew her, my partner is a bishop of a church. The late wife came into my dreams call all the woman congregation to advise that she is leaving and all shall be in my hands, she further mentioned that she has seen that I m a good woman. A secretary she mentioned was that she has not bn truthful to his husband because of infidelity and she passed on from HIV

August 25, 2019 at 11:30 pm

The first part of your dream is related to your knowledge of your partner’s late wife. You may feel that you are a good person and that she would approve of your relationship. The HIV aspect of this dream is a manifestation of your fears. If you feel that there is validity to the potential of a sexually transmitted infection, then speak with a medical professional about a test. Best of luck, Isabel!

Jossie

August 18, 2019 at 9:03 am

I lost a friend and my dream was I ran into his best friend and asked had he seen him and he said yes he gets out of prison in two days …dreaming he gets out and I wanted to hug him and cry but I was to upset I thought he had faked his death and had been in jail the whole time . We were in New York or something…luxurious lifestyle … I was asking him what was his plan now and he kept saying you know … ima getting myself together and take care of business…was that a message ? Or 🤷🏽‍♀️

August 19, 2019 at 9:44 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional relationship with your late friend. The discussions that you had with this person is an indication of your social and emotional desires. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. This will draw positive people and energy into your life. It will also help you honor the memory of your friend. Have a great day, Jossie!

Keisha

August 17, 2019 at 9:25 am

Ok so i had more than one dream of a celebrity that passed didnt know this person i dont even think i listened his music before he passed but his death really touched me but ive had about three or 4 dreams of him just sitting there quietly hanging out with me not really saying anything so im just trying to see y this person keeps popping up in my dreams what could it mean

August 18, 2019 at 9:40 pm

This dream is a reflection of your knowledge of death, which is often a symbol of change. The celebrity may have been a placeholder or a reflection of your thoughts about art. It is possible that there is a lyric or message in one of this artist’s songs that may be influential to you. You may find benefit in listening to some of their songs. Have a great day, Keisha!

Karina

August 16, 2019 at 2:35 pm

I had a dream about my late ex partner, when I seen her in my dream I told her I thought she was dead and she just kept saying sorry and comforting me

August 18, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Your dream is reflection of your emotional connection with your late partner. Her comforting within the dream may be an indication of her behaviors during her life and your relationship. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will honor her memory. Have a great day, Karina!

Ana

August 14, 2019 at 10:41 pm

Today I had a dream of my cousin who recently passed (a month ago today actually). I was at my grandmas house and she was laying on her couch peacefully deceased. I was surprised when I passed by and noticed she was still there. I asked my sister why she was still here and she sssshhed me away. I walked towards her and kissed her over the clear glass that was over her. That glass became a little loose/moved and that “woke” her up and stud up. She mumbled something that I couldn’t understand. One of my aunts walked towards her and tried to calm her down/lay her down again. Then I suddenly woke up from that dream and I’m still confused now. Is she not at peace?

August 15, 2019 at 3:57 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional relationship with your late cousin. The presence of your sister and aunt within your dream may be an indication of those familial relationships. The glass may be a manifestation of your knowledge of her passing. The mumbling may have been a sign of something you wanted to learn from her. You will honor her memory by sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Ana!

Joni Caballero

August 14, 2019 at 3:22 pm

Last night I dreamed of a former boss who I was close to. I considered her as a mentor and a friend when she was alive. In my dream she was speaking to another person as I was walking up. The person speaking to her said Joni is here. She was excited and said really where? As I am walking up to her I notice I am dressy in a lavender shirt. She says to me look who is dressed so fancy, and wraps her arms around me. As she is bugging me I start to pull away but her grip tightens. She then says worry not things are soon to change. Good things are coming your way. Then she says gosh I have missed you so much. She says I hop to see again soon. Please visit more often. Then she disappears and I find myself waking up. It was about 3:36am My time. She passed away around 13 years ago. She was a great person. Could you please tell me why I dreamt about this? What does this dream mean.

August 15, 2019 at 3:44 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional relationship with your late boss. Within the dream, she states that good things are coming your way. This is an indication of your desires for the future. It is possible that something in your life reminded you of her. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will honor the memory of your boss. Have a great day, Joni!

Patty

August 13, 2019 at 5:20 am

This morning, I dreamed that my late boyfriend had a candlelight brunch with me and a group of other people. He was seated on the opposite end of the table from me and while he felt so far, he felt so close. We had my favorite breakfast potatoes and all I can remember is looking at him and both of us smiling, thankful to be together.

August 13, 2019 at 7:16 pm

This dream is a reflection of your emotional relationship with your late boyfriend. The experience within your dream may have been an indication of your time together during his life. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will honor the memory of your boyfriend. Have a great day, Patty!

Rowena Cabello

August 10, 2019 at 12:41 am

I dreamed about my boss who passed away 2 months ago,i dreamed him daytime when.i take a nap,but nothing important were just on thier old house and he was looking for the bottle of oil and i have one lunch box for his father who is already passed away too.And he told me that just keep the food for his father and wait untill his father come home.

August 10, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social relationship with your late boss. His father may have appeared in your dream due to your knowledge of their relationship. The food is an indication of nourishment. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. This will honor the memory of your boss and his father. Have a great day, Rowena!

Helen

August 9, 2019 at 6:48 pm

I’ve seen and felt my late husband lying next to me several times. I can actually feel his face and touch his beard. I grab his hand and put it around my waist like we used to sleep together. Is this weird?

August 10, 2019 at 9:45 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your strong emotional relationship with your late husband. Your dream is not weird. It is perfectly normal and healthy to dream about your late partner. The strong feelings that you had are indications of your connection. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will honor the memory of your husband. Have a great day, Helen!

Evelyn

August 27, 2019 at 6:49 am

I dreamed the other night of my ex-spouse. He passed away in 2017. I dreamed that I was laying on his chest, holding hands, talking and laughing. I was also begging him to please don’t die. We have 2 kids and he passed away due to a brain tumor. I’m trying to figure out what this dream means.

August 27, 2019 at 9:00 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your late husband. The shared behaviors within your dream are indications of the strength of your relationship. This dream is a sign that you still love and care for your husband. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will honor the memory of your husband. Nourish your relationship with your children by spending additional time with them in person. Have a great day, Evelyn!

Terry

August 5, 2019 at 6:47 pm

My son dreamed of his father that have seen dead for a few years he was happy in the dream both laughing his dead father showed him a tattoo on his arm of different color primary balloons they counted the balloons on the the tattoo it was twelve balloons in the dream my son counted the balloons over a few times each time he counted 12 balloons please tell me with this dream could have meant Thank You and right now my son is serving time in jail

August 6, 2019 at 1:04 pm

The dream of your son is a reflection of his emotional relationship with his late father. Balloons and colors have have specific meanings for him. The balloons may be indications of his desire to go higher and behave in a manner that is positive. The colors could be a sign of his knowledge of other ideas and decisions. He will find great benefit in sharing his kindness and compassion with everyone in his life. Have a great day, Terry!