What Does It Mean When You Dream About Your Crush?

By on December 29, 2013

On average every one of us dreams seven times per night. We might not even realise it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. All too often people don’t realise this and claim to never dream, not realising how statistically unlikely that actually is. Since you’re reading this, I think it’s safe to say however that you’re not one of those people. I’m going to take a shot and say that you remember your dreams quite a lot, perhaps most nights, and I’m going to take another shot and say that a lot of them feature a certain, very special, someone.

But what does it mean when your crush keeps popping up in your dreams? Why is it that he just can’t contain himself to real life, why is he flaunting himself in your dreams too? Here’s your answer…

d56990db4fc535c74d556da911baf6dc

The Why

‘The why’ in ‘why is your crush dream stalking you?’ is simple – you’re thinking about him in your waking hours and unable to forget about him when you switch off for the night. When we sleep our subconscious gets free reign and in that time it paints us pictures using the people, objects, places and scenarios we’ve been thinking of when we were awake.

There’s not much else to the why, like I said, it’s simple. You’re focussing on him while you’re awake and your subconscious is simply playing on that fact and creating a dream from it.

What It Means

Depending on your beliefs and whether or not you’re superstitious, dreams can either mean nothing or they can mean everything. They can hide clues to the future or your deepest desires or they can simply be nothing more than your mind playing a trick on you. If you don’t believe dreams hold clues to our futures or insights into our souls then I suggest you skip over this section, it may not be for you.

Here’s a few common dreams that may include your crush and what they are commonly interpreted to mean…

To dream you are kissing your crush symbolizes love, affectation and harmony. Your mind is expressing your waking desire to be close to this person and form some sort of attachment, in this case a relationship.

07469d4fc2fc05a8df62a38156ee323c

Don’t panic if you and your crush were arguing in a dream. This doesn’t mean you aren’t compatible as a couple. Arguing in a dream can symbolize tension and that you are trying to resolve an internal conflict. In this case, it’s likely your mind trying to tell you how frustrated it is that your crush is nothing more than a crush. It could show that your mind is ready for the two of you to become more than friends.

If you receive a love note or letter in your dream means that there could be a new relationship ahead of you. It also however symbolizes that you are insecure about something and need reassurance about your feelings or relationship. My advice in this situation is to be hopeful but beware, don’t let your insecurities get the better of you.

07e69b69253c14d985abbf1f26dd03fb

What To Do About It

On a whole, dreaming of your crush shows that you have an unresolved issue with him in real life, namely that he’s only your crush and not your boyfriend. You need to take action in the real world by attempting to get closer to him to see if a relationship is on the cards or not. Either way, your dreams about him are likely to grow fewer, if not stop altogether, as you start to live out your fantasy of speaking to him in everyday life. Chances are, you’ll be happier for it too. Instead of waking up feeling slightly hollow every morning seeing as your dream was only a dream, you’ll end each day feeling fulfilled that you spoke to him.

Try reading my article How To Get Your Crush To Like You for tips on how to interact with your crush in real life. As much as we’d all like to, we can’t go on dreaming forever. It’s time to stop dreaming and start living so go out there and make your crush fall head over heels for you!

Mica

April 19, 2019 at 6:34 pm

I dreamt of my crush twice this week. The first time, it was pretty vague but he was just there, talking and smiling a lot to me. The second time, it was an org party of mine and for some reason he was there too (he’s not a part of my org tho) and we were both surprised to see each other. We spent the whole night talking. What could it mean? He’s taken in real life tho 🙁

April 19, 2019 at 11:42 pm

Your dream is a manifestation of your social and emotional connection with your crush. The org party could be a sign of other influences in your life. Take this time to determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Mica!

Maddie

April 19, 2019 at 9:22 am

So, I am totally in love with this guy. I have known him since I was three and all I’ve been able to think about ever since we were little is how much I want to date him. But, every time we talk to each other, I get a slap in the face reminder that he will never like me on account of the fact that he calls me his sister. He just started dating someone new, so I’ve been trying to get over my feelings, but last night I had a dream. I had a dream that I was with this lady, kind of a witch-like lady, who brought me to places and said I could do whatever I want and no one will remember when I’m brought back. So I went over to where he was sitting and I wrapped my legs around him. We started kissing and it was amazing. He didn’t resist he just went along with it. Then he said to me, “Let’s go somewhere more private.” I can’t remember anything after that, but that was probably the best dream I’ve ever had. I don’t know how to get over him and don’t know if I will. But I really need help because it is so painful to see him and know he will never feel the same way about me. Please help me!

April 19, 2019 at 10:19 pm

The two of you share a strong emotional and social relationship. You are aware that he is now in a relationship. Do not attempt to maintain a romantic relationship at this time. Ensure that you continue to share your kindness and compassion with him. Make a decision about what you want for the future of your relationship with your crush. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Maddie!

John Smith

April 19, 2019 at 2:54 am

I had a dream about my crush, I was at a supermarket with my friends and at the end of the isle I seen a bag of flour fall and as I went to pick it up I bumped into my crush because she was going to aswell and she grabbed the bag of flour like i did and then we starred at each other then kissed but after that nothing was said we just walked away I went to my friends telling them but I don’t know about her telling her friends or not.

April 19, 2019 at 8:34 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. It is possible that you and your friends spend time together in the supermarket or elsewhere. The presence of your crush may be a sign that you are interested in developing a relationship at this time. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Nourish this relationship spending additional time with your crush. Have a great day, John!

James

April 18, 2019 at 1:44 pm

I had a dream that my crush was in my dream and I was with my mom and she just went passed me and I got embarrassed and I saw her with her family.

April 18, 2019 at 8:22 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationships. It is possible that you are interested in maintaining a relationship with your crush. You are aware that your relationship with your mother is strong. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, James!

Madison

April 17, 2019 at 6:05 pm

I had a dream where my crush and I were at a play then we got stuck in a house together when a hurricane came and we got really close. What does it mean?

April 18, 2019 at 7:16 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. The hurricane could have been a manifestation of your knowledge regarding the weather in your area. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Madison!

riley

April 16, 2019 at 9:27 am

i had a dream where my crush was taking photos of me, and he called me pretty and then there was chocolate and other candy that he wanted me to pose with? I dont understand.

April 16, 2019 at 3:05 pm

Your dream is a manifestation of your social and emotional connection with your crush. It is possible that he thinks of you as sweet or a snack. Take this time to determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Riley!

sally

April 18, 2019 at 7:42 pm

So I had a dream about me like tryna go on a bus and try a sit somewhere and then I see my crush sitting and then he looks at me and asks me to sit next to him and then me being stupid in my dream (since Ik it was a dream I decided to put like my head on his shoulder ) and then the next thing I know he moved away and then disappear ☹️

April 18, 2019 at 9:29 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. His disappearance in your dream could be a sign that you are aware that you should make a decision at this time. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Sally!

Amara

April 20, 2019 at 10:58 am

I’m 16 and a sophomore in highschool. I’ve became friends with a freshmen….and I’ve started to have really strong feelings for him. I think about him all day, and mostly before I go to sleep too. I”m not attractive at all, I would say that I’m ugly. He’s way out of my league but I can’t stop having feelings for him. I had a dream about him last night where we for whatever reason having school outside at some random place at night. We were sitting in desks in the grass outside. He drove up in his car (he dosent have a car) parked and sat in the desk right in front of me. He pulled his chair and sat right in front of my desk. His face was inches away from mine, and all I could think was that I wanted to hug him, and tell him I missed him. He kissed me. It wasn’t a long kiss…. maybe like 2 seconds. I asked him if he liked me, and he said yes. I told him that I liked him too. But there is no way that he could ever like me like that in real life. I’m really tired of chasing a fantasy that will never happen. I don’t know what to do. Please help me. Do you have any advice for me??? I’m even trying to lose weight so that I’ll be “good” enough for him.

April 20, 2019 at 10:06 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. You should not worry about being “good” enough for someone else. If your behaviors are beneficial and kind, then you are a good person. If you are concerned about your health, then make a choice to maintain a healthier lifestyle. This will bring you many benefits in the future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Amara!

Ina

April 16, 2019 at 2:14 am

I had a dream where me and my friend were just talking and then my crush came and kissed my friend on the cheek and she was shocked but happy and everyone around us was happy for them except me.. Do you know what that means?

April 16, 2019 at 2:48 pm

Your dream is a manifestation of your social and emotional connections. You are aware that your crush and friend may have a relationship. It is possible that they are close and you are concerned about that. If your crush is single, then determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Ina!

Ebony

April 16, 2019 at 12:38 am

I had a dream that I messaged my crush that I liked they and they replied with cute. Then when we got in school he would call me cute and baby and all that, but he never asked me out?

April 16, 2019 at 2:46 pm

This dream is a sign that you are interested in nourishing a relationship with your crush. It is possible that he is interested in you as well. Determine what you want for your future, and speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. You can nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Ebony!

Tinay auman

April 17, 2019 at 9:28 am

I dream abt my crush is attending recognition rites with his sister and other girl what does it mean?

April 17, 2019 at 10:46 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationships. The recognition rites may be a manifestation of your personal values. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Tinay!

gabby ma

April 15, 2019 at 11:15 pm

I dreamt that I was at school and someone went and told my crush I liked him (this has happend alot of times in real life.) And then I just braved it and admitted all my true feelings towards him and I thought he would reject me, but he actually was so kind and supportive and he seemed flattened by my interest in him. So then we just walked around school talking and then as he was leaving to go to his class he hugged me and we kissed on the cheek. I really wish this would happen in real life but he is 2 years older than me (we look the same age though) but I am now tempted to tell him that I like him (in real
    life) becuase I really like him and he doesn’t know how much I love him.
    Any clue of what my dream indicates or what I should do next 🙂

April 16, 2019 at 2:45 pm

Your dream is a manifestation of your social and emotional connection with your crush. Do not concern yourself with the difference of your ages, unless he is an adult and you are not. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Gabby!

Yuuki Mayuri

April 15, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Today I had a dream in which I was sitting with my friends on a bench. My crush was sitting beside me. He pulled me towards himself to say something in my ears “lemme….. Never mind” he said. I told him what was it, he said nothing. After that I went to sit on another bench. He came to me. Hold my face and pushed my hairs back behind my ears and gently kissed me on my cheek. The dream felt so so real. I started to blush and look down. My heart got heavy and I couldn’t able to breathe. He said that why am I not able to breathe then I heard him saying isn’t that what I wanted from him?….. I guess the universe was shocked after my reaction. 😅😂

April 16, 2019 at 12:48 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. It is possible that you are aware that your crush has feelings for you as well. This dream seems to be an indication that you want to progress this relationship. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Yuuki!

Dana

April 15, 2019 at 1:56 am

I had a dream where my crush finds out about a letter I made, it has his initials at the front and it has a blue and pink color. When he was about to read it I forced him to give it to me because I was pretending that my friend owns it, I was nervous because I don’t want him to know about the letter since he has a gf. So we fight over it not actually the right term for it but he was laughing and idk sorry for my bad english though.

April 15, 2019 at 2:27 pm

Your dream is about your social and emotional relationship with your crush. You are interested in developing a relationship with him. However, he is currently in a romantic relationship. Do not attempt to maintain a romantic relationship at this time. It is always beneficial to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. If his relationship naturally ends and he reaches out to you, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings at that time. Have a great day, Dana!

LonelyInLove

April 14, 2019 at 10:42 am

I had a dream about me and my bestfriend who is secretly my crush standing in my kitchen. I was busy making something to eat while he was just standing there. I can’t really remember if it was something that gave me a fright or what I saw… But something we saw through the kitchen window caused us to hug. We hugged for a minute and I wanted to let go and he held on. Then he kissed me and I pushed him away… And that’s when I woke up.

Now I’m gay but he doesn’t know it however, I’m sure he suspects it. He makes himself out to be homophobic but he was completely fine when I confessed I had a crush on him. I’m really confused

April 14, 2019 at 5:46 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional connection with your crush. He spends time with you, so it is unlikely that he is actually homophobic. Determine what you want for your future. Decide what you believe is viable and appropriate for your relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Lonely!

Alice

April 14, 2019 at 7:34 am

I had a dream where I was talking to one of my friends and then my crush appeared. Keep in mind, this is the guy I’ve like for basically 4 years. He came up to us and was talking to us for a bit but then he had to walk away. While he was talking to us, he was trying to play around with my fingers, tryna hold my hand. When he began walking away, he was still tryna hold my hand. My hand felt all warm and tingly and we were both smiling like goofs at each other.

April 14, 2019 at 4:29 pm

Your dream is a manifestation of your social and emotional relationships. You were speaking with your friend while your crush was attempting to spend time with you. This may be a sign that your connection with your friend is making it difficult for your crush to maintain a relationship with you. It is possible that your crush wants to spend time with you. Determine what you want for your future, and speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Alice!

Gabi

April 13, 2019 at 10:40 pm

So i had a dream about my crush. He was at my house and we were just chilling but almost always looking at each other.

April 14, 2019 at 3:03 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. It is possible that you are interested in maintaining a romantic relationship. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Gabi!

M

April 13, 2019 at 5:45 pm

I had a dream where my crush started talking to me and I got the feeling he liked me. He then talked about boarding school and stuff which made me sad he was leaving. He told me to come to the kitchen and he said the house was his house which I didn’t know since a concert was going on in front of it. His friends tried to get me out of the kitchen and they kept keeping me out. In my mind I thought they were planning on how he was going to tell me he likes me. Then my dream ended. Why did it leave on such a cliffhanger and what does it mean?

April 14, 2019 at 2:49 pm

Your dream could be a manifestation of various influences in your life. It is possible that there is a relationship that is changing at this time. You may be interested I nourishing a romantic relationship with someone at this time. Ensure that your dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will bring you many benefits in the future. Have a great day, M!

Kate

April 13, 2019 at 1:52 pm

I had a dream last night. My friends and I were at school and at lunch time and all of a sudden my crush comes up to me and asks me out and to be his girlfriend! What is this supposed to mean?

April 14, 2019 at 2:34 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationships. You are interested in maintaining a romantic relationship with your crush. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feeling. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Kate!

Kaitlyn

April 18, 2019 at 8:26 am

I had a dream similar to Kate’s but when he asked me out I said yes and he started to tell everybody. Then he told my ex and I was super embarrassed because everything between us was very awkward.

April 18, 2019 at 8:09 pm

Your dream is also a reflection of your social and emotional desires. Your thoughts regarding your ex have appeared in this dream, as the awkward thoughts are on your mind. Ensure that you dream guides your actions. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Kaitlyn!

Teyeueueuueue

April 13, 2019 at 2:52 am

I had a drean that i came in school and i was tryinh to get past my cfush and then he moved to let me go throuhh to my class .Also in real life my crush isn’t in my class but today he was .not everyone had detention and i was trying to be the bad person that didn’t do work which happened to get attention from my crush .After class ended my crush Wall d behind me and i quickly laughed and said oh i hit one question done in a bad way to shiw that im a bad person in school to get attention ftom him.then i lost him and tried looking for him but he already went into his next class.

April 13, 2019 at 10:10 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. If he chooses to behave poorly and get in trouble, then you may want to avoid taking similar actions and convince him to behave properly. This will bring you and your crush many benefits. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Anon!

Rysueuwi

April 12, 2019 at 6:30 am

I had a dream that I was with my old crush and my crush kept looking at me whenever I look at him while eating at two tables full of our friends.

April 13, 2019 at 8:08 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your previous emotional connection with your old crush. The presence of your friends is a manifestation of your various social relationships. Ensure that your dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. This will help draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Ryuesuwi!

Charm

April 11, 2019 at 8:42 pm

I dreamed once. The place was set in a class room with a spotlight on me and my crush. I was “out of my body” and I saw him sitting next to me and faced me, leaning closer into me, giving me a small peak on my lips. I felt tenderness and soft lips placed on my own. I started to craved more and he leaned in again as he kissed me for a while longer.

April 13, 2019 at 7:29 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. You are interested in maintaining a relationship with your crush. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Charm!

theian

April 9, 2019 at 12:09 am

I dreamt that my crush and I were in school practicing for some stuff.He was behind me and told me “excuse me” ,then I looked behind and we looked at each other funnily cause we’re close to each other.Then he told me to go to their classroom so I did and he hugged me there so tight. He then sat down and made me sit on his lap and he hugged me again while talking in that position

April 10, 2019 at 5:30 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. It is possible that your dream was also a manifestation of your knowledge of his feelings for you. Take this time to determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Theian!

Eneli

April 11, 2019 at 9:18 am

Hi, I had a dream 2 nights ago about me and my crush entering a building, while we were going to our apartment on the stairs we saw some plates so I decided to take them, and while I was holding them someone called me and I told my crush to hold them but he said no, and then 2 plates fell but they didn’t break, and then when we arrived at the door my dream ended.
        Does someone have any ideas of what this means?

April 11, 2019 at 6:36 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social connection with your crush. The plates could be a reflection of a connection that the two of you share. That connection did not break when the plates fell, which could be a manifestation of a confrontation that influenced both of you. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Eneli!

M