What Does It Mean When You Dream About Your Crush?

By on December 29, 2013

On average every one of us dreams seven times per night. We might not even realise it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. All too often people don’t realise this and claim to never dream, not realising how statistically unlikely that actually is. Since you’re reading this, I think it’s safe to say however that you’re not one of those people. I’m going to take a shot and say that you remember your dreams quite a lot, perhaps most nights, and I’m going to take another shot and say that a lot of them feature a certain, very special, someone.

But what does it mean when your crush keeps popping up in your dreams? Why is it that he just can’t contain himself to real life, why is he flaunting himself in your dreams too? Here’s your answer…

d56990db4fc535c74d556da911baf6dc

The Why

‘The why’ in ‘why is your crush dream stalking you?’ is simple – you’re thinking about him in your waking hours and unable to forget about him when you switch off for the night. When we sleep our subconscious gets free reign and in that time it paints us pictures using the people, objects, places and scenarios we’ve been thinking of when we were awake.

There’s not much else to the why, like I said, it’s simple. You’re focussing on him while you’re awake and your subconscious is simply playing on that fact and creating a dream from it.

What It Means

Depending on your beliefs and whether or not you’re superstitious, dreams can either mean nothing or they can mean everything. They can hide clues to the future or your deepest desires or they can simply be nothing more than your mind playing a trick on you. If you don’t believe dreams hold clues to our futures or insights into our souls then I suggest you skip over this section, it may not be for you.

Here’s a few common dreams that may include your crush and what they are commonly interpreted to mean…

To dream you are kissing your crush symbolizes love, affectation and harmony. Your mind is expressing your waking desire to be close to this person and form some sort of attachment, in this case a relationship.

07469d4fc2fc05a8df62a38156ee323c

Don’t panic if you and your crush were arguing in a dream. This doesn’t mean you aren’t compatible as a couple. Arguing in a dream can symbolize tension and that you are trying to resolve an internal conflict. In this case, it’s likely your mind trying to tell you how frustrated it is that your crush is nothing more than a crush. It could show that your mind is ready for the two of you to become more than friends.

If you receive a love note or letter in your dream means that there could be a new relationship ahead of you. It also however symbolizes that you are insecure about something and need reassurance about your feelings or relationship. My advice in this situation is to be hopeful but beware, don’t let your insecurities get the better of you.

07e69b69253c14d985abbf1f26dd03fb

What To Do About It

On a whole, dreaming of your crush shows that you have an unresolved issue with him in real life, namely that he’s only your crush and not your boyfriend. You need to take action in the real world by attempting to get closer to him to see if a relationship is on the cards or not. Either way, your dreams about him are likely to grow fewer, if not stop altogether, as you start to live out your fantasy of speaking to him in everyday life. Chances are, you’ll be happier for it too. Instead of waking up feeling slightly hollow every morning seeing as your dream was only a dream, you’ll end each day feeling fulfilled that you spoke to him.

Try reading my article How To Get Your Crush To Like You for tips on how to interact with your crush in real life. As much as we’d all like to, we can’t go on dreaming forever. It’s time to stop dreaming and start living so go out there and make your crush fall head over heels for you!

Morgan

April 8, 2019 at 6:54 pm

One time I had a dream where I helped orphaned children who also happened to be mutants. My crush worked on the other side, but we had some sort of prior relationship. My crushes side comes to my hideout, and I run with the kid I was protecting at the time. Just as I was escaping my crush was in front of me. He gave me his weapon and told me to run, and then I told him I loved him. Then I woke up.

April 8, 2019 at 11:23 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your positive energy. It is clear that you want to help those who are in need of support. Being chased is a manifestation of your worries and concerns. Allow the negative aspects of this dream to fade. If you are chased in the future, then address whatever is chasing you. This will help reduce similar dreams from manifesting in the future. Have a great day, Morgan!

Mya

April 8, 2019 at 5:47 pm

I had an dream that I met my crush for the first time n when she saw me she ran to me n hugs me n kissed me on the lips

April 8, 2019 at 11:13 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. The dream could be a sign that you are aware of your crush’s feelings toward you. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give her an opportunity to share herself with you as well. Have a great day, Mya!

Susan johnson

April 7, 2019 at 7:47 pm

I dreamed my crush was asked by my father to take me and my mother grocery shopping. All four of us proceeded to say out loud and write down groceries needed. ( both my parents are deceased)

April 8, 2019 at 10:22 pm

The presence of your late parents in your dream could be a reflection of your emotional relationship with them. You likely would want their approval for your relationship. This dream is likely a manifestation of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. Take this time to determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will help you honor the memory of your parents. Have a great day, Susan!

michel

April 7, 2019 at 7:19 pm

So last night I dreamt of my crush and we were in gym class playing a game. The gym teacher told me it was my turn to play and to chose a partner. I was just standing there looking for someone to be my partner and he ran to me and said how he feels about me. He went where he sat. I told the teacher I wanted to go alone and while I was speaking with the teacher I saw he was staring at me and he smiled and I smiled back. I was lucky the bell rang so the game was over. After class, the teacher ordered me and him t clean up and somehow I tripped and he giggled a little and then he walked up to me and hugged me. I then pushed to the wall and we started passionately making out. In real life, he is really shy and somehow in the dream, I felt this sudden feeling of his true self. We both were comfortable speaking with each other and all but in reality and it is not as so comfortable. What does this all mean? I am hoping for your reply!

April 8, 2019 at 10:20 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. It is certainly possible that this dream revealed insights into your knowledge of this person. It is certainly possible that he is interested in nourishing a relationship with you. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Michel!

Robin

April 6, 2019 at 11:41 pm

I had a dream where my crush simply told me he loved me. No context, no storyline, just that. It was a bit intense, ngl.

April 8, 2019 at 9:42 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional desires regarding your crush. It is certainly possible that you want your crush to want to nourish a relationship with you. It is possible that your dream was influenced by the behaviors of your crush. Make a decision about your future, and speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Robin!

Mari

April 6, 2019 at 7:04 pm

I had a dream that he [my crush] wrote me a letter that he personally handed to me at my favorite shopping centre that he really liked me and he wanted me to reply to him if I would want him in my life as a permanent fixture. I said yes eventually after a long day at a difficult day at work. After that I went to spend a day with him at work where he accidentally dropped a bowl of green salad in his company car. He pushed the salad off the seat and proceeded to get into the car.

April 6, 2019 at 8:01 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. It is clear that you want to nourish this relationship. The salad and company car may be a manifestation of your knowledge of his behaviors and his work. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Mari!

Kalan Bond

April 7, 2019 at 11:31 pm

Hi I’ve had a dream that my crush was kissing my best friend and when she was done she came over to me and kissed me I don’t know what to do I am really confused

April 8, 2019 at 10:35 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. You are aware that people in your life have relationships with other people in your life. It is possible that you think that your crush may be interested in you and your best friend. However, this dream could also simply be a manifestation of your worries and concerns. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with your crush in person. Have a great day, Kalan!

Kalan

April 7, 2019 at 11:31 pm

April 8, 2019 at 10:35 pm

Ueiwiwo

April 5, 2019 at 10:18 am

I had a dream that I fell down in school then I got up and after that my crush fell down and he cried very loudly that everyone heard but they did nothing. After that everyone had a hunt wear u beef to find your room in a group and my crush was in a different room my friend scared me when I was in front of him but he just stared at me. Then everyone went to asda and I was a kid and my mum was pregnant and my old teacher was trying to catch me and my friends but she failed.

April 6, 2019 at 2:55 pm

Your dream seems to be a reflection of your social and emotional relationships. It is possible that you feel that your crush has social concerns. The presence of your mother and teacher are manifestations of your memories and relationships. Ensure that your dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Anon!

Adam

April 4, 2019 at 6:18 am

Hi i l’ve know this one girl and i think she likes me but i had a dream about her one night and she kissed me and i don’t know how i feel about it

April 5, 2019 at 12:14 am

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. It seems as though you are interested in nourishing a relationship with this person. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with her about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with her in person. Have a great day, Adam!

Eyeuueue

April 4, 2019 at 5:02 am

In real life before the dream happened my crush and my friend were anrgueing about a group chat that was made for me and my crush and all of this came onto my dream. I think my crush hates me now

April 5, 2019 at 12:12 am

Your dream is a reflection of your interaction with your crush and friend. You should determine what you want for your future at this time. Speak with your friend and your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times. This will bring you many benefits in the future. Have a great day, Anon!

Tariyah

April 3, 2019 at 3:43 pm

so I’ve liked him since elementary school we’re both in high school now and we’ve been friends ever since, but I want to be more than friends but I’m to scared to tell him because I’m scared of rejectment. But I’ve told my friends and his brother(who is my friend as well.) So last night I had a dream we were in school and he walked up to me and started to hold my hand, then I and my group of friends were leaving and he ran up and pulled me aside and kissed me then all my friends started awwing. so what should I do???

April 4, 2019 at 11:40 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. You have told many people about your feelings for him. You told his brother. This means that your crush is aware of your feelings for him. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish your relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Tariyah!

Tariyah

April 7, 2019 at 10:25 am

Thank you so much for responding last time. I know you help people with their dreams to understand them, but I was wondering if you could give some kind of input to help me with this issue. Please respond back if that’s ok with you because I don’t want what I’m gonna tell you out on a public page, I hope you understand.

April 8, 2019 at 10:13 pm

There are many members of our community who have shared personal subjects. We feel that it is important to share our thoughts and feelings in a public forum so members of our community can support each other. This helps everyone by giving them opportunities to help and to be helped. Please share more of your thoughts and feelings in the future. Have a great day, Tariyah!

noah

April 3, 2019 at 7:32 am

i had a dream where i was crying and my crush came and was hugging and consulting me

April 4, 2019 at 4:05 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. It is possible that you want to nourish a relationship with your crush. Spend additional time with your crush in person, as this will nourish this relationship. Share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Noah!

Liv

April 2, 2019 at 7:53 pm

I dreamt about my crush. We were talking about some stuff when he suddenly back hugged me. I felt my cheeks were burning. My friends were staring at me, they looked shocked but suddenly squealed. I think my friends in irl don’t really support my affection to my crush since they ship him and another girl, who is also a friend of mine (Yes, I told them about my crush.) so I was really shocked (in the dream) when they did that.

April 3, 2019 at 12:08 am

Your dream is a reflection of your social relationship with your crush. It seems as though your friend in your waking life is also interested in maintaining a relationship with this person. Because of this, you should speak with your friends about your thoughts and feelings. It is clear that there will be social and emotional influences that you need to manage at this time. Have a great day, Liv!

julia

April 2, 2019 at 2:33 pm

Right now I don’t really think I like my crush right now, but I still do because he’s kinda flirted with everyone. So in my dream we were at his old school with tons of people and he was only flirting with me, and towards the end, he kissing me on the lips and smiled as if it didn’t mean anything. In real life he kinda changed because he was a respectful person and didn’t touch or flirt with anyone, now he flirts with a lot of girls. Before I think he used to like me because he called me pretty and stuff and he kept looking at me but I didn’t care because by that time he started flirting with my cousin and other girls. So what does this mean?

April 3, 2019 at 12:00 am

Your dreams are reflections of your thoughts regarding your crush. You and your crush are not dating, so his behaviors are entirely reasonable. If you want to maintain a relationship with him, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. He does not know that you like him, so he is attempting to nourish relationships with people that may have feelings for him. Strengthen your relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Julia!

payton

April 2, 2019 at 1:27 pm

I have had a crush on this one person and i have been dreaming of him sleeping with me and kissing me and we have kissed a few times but we have not dated what should i do?

April 2, 2019 at 11:58 pm

Your dreams are manifestations of your social and emotional desires. It seems as though you want to maintain a relationship with this person. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Spend additional time with your crush, as this will nourish your relationship. Have a great day, Payton!

Teuwiow

April 2, 2019 at 3:51 am

I had a dream that my crush came to the same boxing club as me then we watched a movie and he was sitting 2 feet’s away from in front of me when I looked at my friend and laughed he looked at me coz I tried to do something funny like he did to his freind. But in real life I think he doesn’t like me.

April 2, 2019 at 11:38 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. You likely want to maintain a relationship with your crush. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Share your hobbies and interests with him, as this will give the two of you an opportunity to spend additional time together. This will help to nourish your relationship. Have a great day, Teuwiow!

M

March 31, 2019 at 6:48 am

I had a dream about this guy that I used to speak to him every day. But I haven’t spoken to him in a few days or so. I dreamt that I was crying with my family and he was there with his father. They helped us and he started to look at me in a certain gaze. Both of our parents questioned if there was something between us going on but we didn’t respond. Later he took me some where… it was a few meters away from our parents I think. He then kissed me out of nowhere. What does this mean?? Amen I going to meet him somewhere and we’ll start a relationship or is my subconscious telling me to get over him??

March 31, 2019 at 11:56 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your thoughts regarding this person. The presence of your family may be a sign that you want their approval for your future relationships. Ensure that your dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Nourish your relationship with this person by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, M!

Mar

March 30, 2019 at 11:12 pm

I haven’t talked to my crush in a few weeks..I don’t think I can even consider him as a crush anymore. But in my dream I was crying with my parents and he happened to be there with his father. He helped us out and he looked at me with a certain gaze. In my dream my parents questioned if there was something between us but we didn’t respond. He then asked me to follow him and I did… when he knew the others couldn’t see us he kissed me. What does this mean? Do I still like him or does it mean I will meet him in a few days??

March 31, 2019 at 11:33 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your previous thoughts and feelings for your crush. You have realized that you may not be interested in maintaining this relationship. This dream is not a sign of the events in the future, unless you make decisions that will lead you in that direction. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Mar!

Avhiii Colon

March 30, 2019 at 9:55 pm

I had a dream about my crush last night. He’s with his friends that he’s always tih in real life and he’s talking to me, and smilling at me! I remember that he told me that he wants to take a picture with me. It’s felt so nice and I wish it might happen in real life cause I like him so much. But I’m really curious what does this means.

March 31, 2019 at 4:39 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. It is clear that you are interested in nourishing a relationship with him. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him and opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish your relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Avhiii!

jaiii

March 30, 2019 at 4:49 pm

I dreamt about my crush twice
    the first one is I went to the pool and saw him so I got out the pool going outside the place but he followed me and told me that there was nothing going on with the girls he is talking to. He accompanied me going down the stairs.
    Then asked me if i I can be his girlfriend and I said yes. We went to a school to take an entrance exam and I supported him and a guy friend of mine pulled my hair and my crush got jelous.
    the second dream is I was at home with my little cousin and babysitting her. We slept and I heard a band doing a parade outside which is the band my crush and me joined. after the parade my brother, my crush and my friends went inside our house. my crush went inside the room where i fell asleep then i slowly open my eyes and saw him so I closed it again until he went out. i thought he went away already so went to the other room and he is inside and he stared and smiled at me

March 31, 2019 at 4:32 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. The behaviors of your friend in your dream who pulled your hair may be a sign that you are aware of the strength of that relationship as well. It is possible that he is interested in maintaining a relationship with you as well. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Jaiii!

jahian

March 29, 2019 at 2:04 am

i think my dream happened 2 times about my crush and first we are at the disney land with his older brother and my family then we have fun then when we go home his older brother got a call from their mom i think theres a problem on their home so they sleep at mine then my crush and his brother sleep at my room then my crush is at the middle and his brother is on the left side of him and me at the right side of him

March 29, 2019 at 11:05 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. The connection between your family and your crush may be a sign that you want to develop a long term relationship with your crush. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Jahian!