What Does It Mean When You Dream About Your Crush?

By on December 29, 2013

On average every one of us dreams seven times per night. We might not even realise it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. All too often people don’t realise this and claim to never dream, not realising how statistically unlikely that actually is. Since you’re reading this, I think it’s safe to say however that you’re not one of those people. I’m going to take a shot and say that you remember your dreams quite a lot, perhaps most nights, and I’m going to take another shot and say that a lot of them feature a certain, very special, someone.

But what does it mean when your crush keeps popping up in your dreams? Why is it that he just can’t contain himself to real life, why is he flaunting himself in your dreams too? Here’s your answer…

d56990db4fc535c74d556da911baf6dc

The Why

‘The why’ in ‘why is your crush dream stalking you?’ is simple – you’re thinking about him in your waking hours and unable to forget about him when you switch off for the night. When we sleep our subconscious gets free reign and in that time it paints us pictures using the people, objects, places and scenarios we’ve been thinking of when we were awake.

There’s not much else to the why, like I said, it’s simple. You’re focussing on him while you’re awake and your subconscious is simply playing on that fact and creating a dream from it.

What It Means

Depending on your beliefs and whether or not you’re superstitious, dreams can either mean nothing or they can mean everything. They can hide clues to the future or your deepest desires or they can simply be nothing more than your mind playing a trick on you. If you don’t believe dreams hold clues to our futures or insights into our souls then I suggest you skip over this section, it may not be for you.

Here’s a few common dreams that may include your crush and what they are commonly interpreted to mean…

To dream you are kissing your crush symbolizes love, affectation and harmony. Your mind is expressing your waking desire to be close to this person and form some sort of attachment, in this case a relationship.

07469d4fc2fc05a8df62a38156ee323c

Don’t panic if you and your crush were arguing in a dream. This doesn’t mean you aren’t compatible as a couple. Arguing in a dream can symbolize tension and that you are trying to resolve an internal conflict. In this case, it’s likely your mind trying to tell you how frustrated it is that your crush is nothing more than a crush. It could show that your mind is ready for the two of you to become more than friends.

If you receive a love note or letter in your dream means that there could be a new relationship ahead of you. It also however symbolizes that you are insecure about something and need reassurance about your feelings or relationship. My advice in this situation is to be hopeful but beware, don’t let your insecurities get the better of you.

07e69b69253c14d985abbf1f26dd03fb

What To Do About It

On a whole, dreaming of your crush shows that you have an unresolved issue with him in real life, namely that he’s only your crush and not your boyfriend. You need to take action in the real world by attempting to get closer to him to see if a relationship is on the cards or not. Either way, your dreams about him are likely to grow fewer, if not stop altogether, as you start to live out your fantasy of speaking to him in everyday life. Chances are, you’ll be happier for it too. Instead of waking up feeling slightly hollow every morning seeing as your dream was only a dream, you’ll end each day feeling fulfilled that you spoke to him.

Try reading my article How To Get Your Crush To Like You for tips on how to interact with your crush in real life. As much as we’d all like to, we can’t go on dreaming forever. It’s time to stop dreaming and start living so go out there and make your crush fall head over heels for you!

Teuaioq

March 10, 2019 at 11:07 am

My crush left me because I was being annoying and trying to flirt with him but I don’t know if that was the reason 😭

March 10, 2019 at 5:47 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of your social and emotional desires. You may be interested in nourishing a relationship with your crush. It is possible that you running from his home may be a sign that you are concerned about nourishing a close relationship at this time. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Anon!

Rtywuwuwi

March 10, 2019 at 11:06 am

I had a dream about my crush that i was running away from his home

March 10, 2019 at 5:47 pm

ariel

March 8, 2019 at 3:02 pm

I’ve been dreaming about my crush for a week and a half now straight, I don’t really think about him that much during the day since I’m so busy with school and the only time I ever really speak to him is in the only class we have together. I’ve caught him looking at me, and he laughs at the things I say but we don’t have the opportunity to have a full on conversation. But before we leave the classroom he always says a comment directed towards me.

I don’t know what it all means, would you help me out?

March 9, 2019 at 7:32 pm

The two of you share a social relationship. His behaviors may be indications of his feelings toward you. Since he makes comments toward you, you should take that as an opportunity to speak with him. Perhaps attempt to talk with him about meeting up after school. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Ariel!

ueuwuwjehsh

March 7, 2019 at 2:25 pm

In real life I don’t know what to do now coz I broke my crush’s secret coz I told my friend and she told everyone. I’m scared that my crush has already found out about it and it feels like he’s avoiding me.

March 9, 2019 at 8:11 pm

Your crush has told you a secret. You then made the decision to break that secret. It is likely that your crush is aware that you broke the secret. This may be the reason why your crush may be avoiding you. It is possible that his feelings have not changed for you. If you are interested in salvaging this relationship, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Anon!

Dhjdjdjdjdkoa

March 7, 2019 at 2:24 pm

I had a dream that I was crying and my crush was comforting me in scl. After that we had sex.

March 9, 2019 at 8:29 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. Your emotional concerns may be appearing in your dreams. Your desire to maintain a caring relationship and a physical relationship may have manifested as well. Have a great day, Anon!

Ngamcha

March 6, 2019 at 2:40 am

In my dreams My crush mom,me and my crush,we are in thier home and we were watching tv.
    And there is a bed becoz they don’t keep a chair there.

And we were sleeping my crush mom was sleeping between me and my crush and not in comfortable mood but the conversation we had among us goes well.

Want to know the meaning.

March 6, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional and social relationships. It is likely that you are interested in maintaining a relationship with your crush. Your relationship with your mother is important to you, and you likely want her to approve of your relationship. Determine what you want for your future. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Ngamcha!

Wyeuueiwsi

March 9, 2019 at 12:41 am

I had a dream that my ex crush tapped me in Asda and said look over there when I did I didn’t remember what I was looking at but then I just turned back round to the babay clothes. Our mum met so we both went shopping together and bought sweets. Also in the dream my mum already had a baby but in real life I am thinking she is pregnant but when I ask her she laughs and says she’s not but her tummy is pretty round that it being fat.

March 9, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. It is certainly possible that you are interested in nourishing a relationship with someone in your life. The presence of your ex crush in your dream could be a sign of those feelings. Your thoughts regarding pregnant could be a sign of your thoughts regarding your mother’s weight. She has informed you that she is not pregnant, so you may not want to bring up that topic to her at this time. Nourish your relationship with your mother by spending additional time with her in person. Have a great day, Anon!

Hejsjjaiaoa

March 3, 2019 at 1:09 am

I had a dream that this boy in my class said that he wanted to tell something to me in private about his diary. I know this has nothing got to do with my crush but I think he might be interested even tho he is taken.

March 4, 2019 at 8:27 am

He might be interested, but the dream is probably just a reflection of what is going on in your subconscious mind. He may have been chosen to be a placeholder for a future love interest that you would like to meet, or your subconscious may have picked up on body language that he could be interested. Either way, there is nothing you can really do about it in your waking life since he is taken. Unless he is single in the future, you’ll just have to wait to find out if your dream has any basis in reality. Good luck!

Apkdhroaokdjr

March 3, 2019 at 1:07 am

I had a dream that this boy wrote facts on his books with sticky notes about him and then he sat beside me and said that he will put on his favourite song which was passenger -let her go and while the song was on he kept touching my neck and it tickled so I woke up. I know this has nothing got to do with my crush but in real life after that dream I think he likes me.

March 4, 2019 at 8:21 am

Since you have not actually made a move or started dating your crush, your subconscious mind may be wishing that you had someone in your life who was interested in you and flirting with you. Because of this, your subconscious picked someone to be a love interest in your dream. He is infatuated with you in the dream because you want someone to feel that way about you in your waking life.

Amy

March 1, 2019 at 2:27 pm

I had a dream where my crush and I hugged for a long time till we fell asleep,and it was actually a bit weird because I could feel he was there physically.In real life we are pretty close but not in a relationship.

March 2, 2019 at 8:33 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your strong emotional and social relationship with your crush. The physical feelings in this dream could be a sign that you are aware that he may have feelings for you as well. Determine what you want for your future. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. If he reaches out to you, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Amy!

Mel

March 1, 2019 at 1:25 pm

I dreamed my crush and I were laying on the floor facing side by side. All of a sudden I started smelling his breath as if he had a freshly brushed teeth and we started kissing each other. It was quick but sweet, then he stopped and said we’re not supposed to be seen like this. I sensed he was protecting our relationship or his job to be jeopardized in public.

March 2, 2019 at 8:30 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires and influences. It is likely that you are interested in developing a romantic relationship with him, but there may be a social or professional reason which is preventing the two of you from maintaining a relationship at this time. Determine what you want for your future, and decide what is viable and appropriate. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Continue to share your kindness and compassion with him. Have a great day, Mel!

Oojjj

February 26, 2019 at 9:47 am

I had a dream that ww3 started and we needed to get out of the house and then when j hot to my school I saw my ex crush but he ignores me like always then I went to my maths teacher room and I saw my crush talking to my teacher for some reason and then I started crying in the dream.

February 26, 2019 at 12:39 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. You will find great benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. Your school and teacher could be a sign that you are interested in focusing on your education. The presence of your crush in your dream is a sign that you may be interested in developing a relationship with him. Allow this dream to influence you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Oojjj!

Lucille

February 25, 2019 at 4:00 pm

I had a dream that my crush and I were walking down a beach with the sunset at just the right level. We talked for a bit, and then we kissed for a long time. In real life, we often talk together because we are (a) close friends and (b) sit right next to each other in class. Is this a symbol of some kind/

February 26, 2019 at 12:06 pm

The two of you share a strong social relationship. It is certainly possible that he is interested in nourishing a relationship with you. This dream could be a sign of your desire to strengthen your emotional connection. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Lucille!

Hdjdjdjdjdjnd

February 21, 2019 at 7:34 am

I had a dream that my uncle died and I was on my period and used a tampon for the first time then I saw my husband but I couldn’t see hwo he was looking I was gonna kiss him on the lips but everyone was watching so I did it on the cheek. In real life I am not married but I’m a teenager also I don’t have a boyfriend.

February 21, 2019 at 8:17 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of a wide variety of influences in your life. It is possible that you are looking toward maintaining a long term relationship. Determine what you want for your future at this time. If there is someone that you want develop a relationship with, then speak with that person about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Anon!

Madison

February 20, 2019 at 11:30 am

So a few months ago I had a dream about my crush. He and I were at some sort of dorm and we were in college. We were in his living room and then we made out and that was the whole dream I don’t think there was anything else. Then a few weeks ago after I told my crush I liked him I had a dream where he told me he liked me back and I introduced him to my parents and they loved him and we started dating. What do they mean?

February 20, 2019 at 8:26 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. You are interested in nourishing a relationship with your crush. In your dream, he informed you that he liked you, which could be an indication of your thoughts regarding his feelings toward you. Allow this dream to influence you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. Perhaps speak with your crush about your dream, and nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Madison!

Marie S

February 20, 2019 at 7:18 am

I’m married and my crush is also married, but it has been 2 times that i dream about kissing him. and both times in the dream, he tell me he also wanted but never had the guts to do it.

February 20, 2019 at 9:22 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your thoughts regarding your crush. However, you are married and your crush is also married. Allow thoughts of your crush to fade. Allow thoughts of him to fade. Nourish your relationship with your partner by spending additional time with him in person. If you are no longer happy with this relationship, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Do not attempt to harm your relationship or the relationship of anyone else. Have a great day, Marie!

heyheyhey

March 6, 2019 at 10:30 am

I had a dream about my crush. I forgot other details but what really shocked me is the part where he confesses he killed someone.

March 6, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. It is likely that you are interested in nourishing a relationship with your crush. His confession in your dream is likely a reflection of the media that you consume. You will find great benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Hey!

Marie

February 20, 2019 at 7:15 am

February 20, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Hana

March 6, 2019 at 1:18 pm

I dreamed about my crush posting a video of us in a place that I don’t know. And then the next day, it’s like I went to him to get an explanation of why he posted it. My classmates are teasing us at that time. It feels like we are close but in real life, we really don’t talk a lot.

March 6, 2019 at 8:14 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your close relationship with your friend. It is certainly possible that he is interested in you as well. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Hana!

Hossein

February 17, 2019 at 2:35 am

Last night I had a dream about a crush.
    We were at an unknown house which seemed to be mine. She sat on the couch and suddenly fell asleep, a little while later I kissed her on the forehead as she was sleeping. It did feel really good as it really happened
    What does that dream mean

February 18, 2019 at 7:46 pm

This dream is likely an indication of your social and emotional desires. The positive energy that you felt in your dream is a sign of the strength of this relationship. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with her about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with her in person. Have a great day, Hossein!

Jfjrjrjrj

February 16, 2019 at 2:04 am

I had a dream that my crush’s friend told me to come up to my crush and so I did and my crush said to me do u wanna go out then I said idk but it looked liked that we did we walked home and we slept in the same bed but there was something in the house moving around. In real life I do not like him anymore also he is taken.

February 18, 2019 at 6:59 pm

Your dream may have been a reflection of your previous thoughts and feelings regarding your crush. You are aware that he is in a relationship at this time. Since this is the case, you should allow thoughts of him to fade. Determine what you want for your future without him. If his relationship ends and he reaches out to you, then make a decision about what is appropriate at that time. Have a great day, Anon!

Baddour

February 14, 2019 at 7:08 pm

I dreamt that i was holding the person i am seeings hands so tight what does that mean ?

February 14, 2019 at 11:23 pm

This dream could be a sign that you are interested in developing a strong social relationship. This embrace may be a manifestation of an emotional connection as well. Determine what you want for your future. If you want to maintain a relationship with your crush, then speak with that person about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Baddour!

Salma

February 14, 2019 at 7:07 pm

I dreamt that my sister was telling me that my crush is very attractive and her eyes are beautiful
    And on another day i dreamt that i was in a car with my friends and my ex and they were like come with us i said no because i need to meet my crush .
    What does that mean i have told my crush that i like her in real life !

February 14, 2019 at 11:22 pm

Your dreams are both indications that you feel a strong connection with your crush. You have made the decision to inform your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Presumably, your crush responded to you. It is possible that your crush’s feelings will grow for you over time. You may nourish this relationship by spending additional time with your crush in person. Have a great day, Salma!