What Does It Mean When You Dream About Your Crush?

By on December 29, 2013

On average every one of us dreams seven times per night. We might not even realise it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. All too often people don’t realise this and claim to never dream, not realising how statistically unlikely that actually is. Since you’re reading this, I think it’s safe to say however that you’re not one of those people. I’m going to take a shot and say that you remember your dreams quite a lot, perhaps most nights, and I’m going to take another shot and say that a lot of them feature a certain, very special, someone.

But what does it mean when your crush keeps popping up in your dreams? Why is it that he just can’t contain himself to real life, why is he flaunting himself in your dreams too? Here’s your answer…

d56990db4fc535c74d556da911baf6dc

The Why

‘The why’ in ‘why is your crush dream stalking you?’ is simple – you’re thinking about him in your waking hours and unable to forget about him when you switch off for the night. When we sleep our subconscious gets free reign and in that time it paints us pictures using the people, objects, places and scenarios we’ve been thinking of when we were awake.

There’s not much else to the why, like I said, it’s simple. You’re focussing on him while you’re awake and your subconscious is simply playing on that fact and creating a dream from it.

What It Means

Depending on your beliefs and whether or not you’re superstitious, dreams can either mean nothing or they can mean everything. They can hide clues to the future or your deepest desires or they can simply be nothing more than your mind playing a trick on you. If you don’t believe dreams hold clues to our futures or insights into our souls then I suggest you skip over this section, it may not be for you.

Here’s a few common dreams that may include your crush and what they are commonly interpreted to mean…

To dream you are kissing your crush symbolizes love, affectation and harmony. Your mind is expressing your waking desire to be close to this person and form some sort of attachment, in this case a relationship.

07469d4fc2fc05a8df62a38156ee323c

Don’t panic if you and your crush were arguing in a dream. This doesn’t mean you aren’t compatible as a couple. Arguing in a dream can symbolize tension and that you are trying to resolve an internal conflict. In this case, it’s likely your mind trying to tell you how frustrated it is that your crush is nothing more than a crush. It could show that your mind is ready for the two of you to become more than friends.

If you receive a love note or letter in your dream means that there could be a new relationship ahead of you. It also however symbolizes that you are insecure about something and need reassurance about your feelings or relationship. My advice in this situation is to be hopeful but beware, don’t let your insecurities get the better of you.

07e69b69253c14d985abbf1f26dd03fb

What To Do About It

On a whole, dreaming of your crush shows that you have an unresolved issue with him in real life, namely that he’s only your crush and not your boyfriend. You need to take action in the real world by attempting to get closer to him to see if a relationship is on the cards or not. Either way, your dreams about him are likely to grow fewer, if not stop altogether, as you start to live out your fantasy of speaking to him in everyday life. Chances are, you’ll be happier for it too. Instead of waking up feeling slightly hollow every morning seeing as your dream was only a dream, you’ll end each day feeling fulfilled that you spoke to him.

Try reading my article How To Get Your Crush To Like You for tips on how to interact with your crush in real life. As much as we’d all like to, we can’t go on dreaming forever. It’s time to stop dreaming and start living so go out there and make your crush fall head over heels for you!

1. Dyhdhdhdhhd

January 26, 2019 at 8:21 am

Why did I cry after watching a video of my crush calling my name to tell me something in a happy way?

January 27, 2019 at 7:03 pm

There may be many reasons for your emotions. It is not uncommon to cry due to happiness. This dream may be a reflection of the influences and interactions in your life. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish your relationship by spending additional time with him in your life. Have a great day, Anon!

2. Danielle

January 26, 2019 at 3:37 am

So I’m a pretty shy girl, I have this guy in work that I’m REALLY into and we hang out sometimes after work and just chat. I dream a lot about that I’m always stalking him and getting interrupted by something weird :/
    I’m waking up every time with a weird feeling of emptiness and I’m just confused.
    I’m really worried that if I ask him out and he refuses It’l just be very awkward because we literally see each other everyday.

January 27, 2019 at 6:51 pm

The two of you share a strong social relationship. It is clear that you are interested in speaking with him. Determine what you want for your future. Nourish this relationship spending additional time with him in person. You may want to talk with him about seeing him outside of work. Have a great day, Danielle!

3. kyla

January 26, 2019 at 12:12 am

Hello there,

I have dreamed about him again.

I was in a room with my classmates and he was playing a love song using a widescreen showing how he loves the girl. And to my surprise, in the last part of the song, it showed my name in the presentation as ” @kyla”. The song was pertaining about me.

He then approached me after the song and he said to me that he was embarrassed. He held my hand and I felt that we were so close again.
    He gave me 3 gifts, a blanket, roses, and a Roasted Pig (as he was saying that he will give me a roasted pig./. The event was so real and I was so shocked and confused about what to do.
    Knowing that I am engaged in a 9-year relationship. He is also engaged to a 2-year relationship.

After a while, there was a black flood rushing from the door and it wiped out the gifts he had given me. And I was crying and wanted to find those gifts that were carried away by the flood but I could not see it. I then found out that it is already 6 am in the morning.

January 27, 2019 at 6:39 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your previous emotional connection with him. You are in a 9 year relationship. You should allow thoughts of this other person who is not your partner and who is currently in a relationship to fade from your mind. Do not reach out to him. If you are no longer satisfied in your current relationship, then end it. Additionally, you should not attempt to damage the relationship of this other person. Have a great day, Kyla!

4. Lisa

January 24, 2019 at 7:20 am

I dont know if my crush likes i mean we both like each other i would see him staring at me like yesterday he was staring at me with a smile on his face, when ever i come in the classroom hes quiet and when im not he talks as much as he can, my friend told me. He told many of his friends and i can tell cause when ever hes around me his friends smile they a few frinds of his that are girls and i have no problem with that i dont want him to feel like he cant talk to any of his friends that are girl. I xream about him every night and its weird for me.

January 24, 2019 at 11:10 pm

Your dream was a reflection of your social and emotional desires. Your mutual friends may be interested in supporting your relationship. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Strengthen this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Lisa!

• Elizabeth Xiong

January 26, 2019 at 2:06 pm

Saaamme!!my crush should stare at me often and when he’s with his friends, his friends would look at me a lot…even when he isn’t around. When I am in the same room with him he likes to talk so much louder than when I’m not there.

January 27, 2019 at 7:06 pm

Thank you for sharing your experiences and insights. We always appreciate when members of our community share their supportive comments. It is possible that this person wants to maintain a relationship with you, so you may want to speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Elizabeth!

5. Hdhdjdj

January 21, 2019 at 10:40 am

In real life I don’t know if my crush was daydreaming but he was staring at me then I looked at him and looked down shyly. But I ma nor sure I’d he likes me coz he thinks that I like this other guy but I don’t.

January 21, 2019 at 11:27 pm

It is possible that he is interested in developing a relationship with you. He may be uncertain or confused about your thoughts and feelings for him. Determine what you want for your future. Spend additional time with him in person, as this will strengthen your relationship. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Anon!

6. Hdhdhdhdj

January 21, 2019 at 10:37 am

In real life my friend came back from holiday and my crush told my friend about that this guy kissed me and hugged me but I just got pushed into the guy that likes me but I just want my crush to know that I don’t like him and everybody else.

January 21, 2019 at 11:25 pm

If someone has lied, then you should clear up any misconceptions. Determine what you want for your future. Decide what you believe is appropriate. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Anon!

7. Hdjdjdj

January 21, 2019 at 10:35 am

I had a dream that my crush was behind me in a line and I was working out the dentist appointment for him and then he randomly skipped me with him knowing I was in front and also this girl that has a crush on him but I didn’t mind and followed him but then I lost him and couldn’t find him. What does this mean does he like me?

January 21, 2019 at 11:22 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. The other girl with a crush on him is a sign that you are aware of the other relationships that influence your life. This dream is not a sign of his feelings toward you. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. You may nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Anon!

8. Sarah

January 20, 2019 at 9:23 am

I had a dream with my crush and we were at a house that my mom drove me to it was someone sort of a little party and I went with him to go get drinks and he asked me out and I said yes and then i something I don’t remember what and he couldn’t hear and I didn’t wanna speak up because there was people around so we went into the nearest room to talk. It’s so blurry I don’t know what we talked about and at some point we were on the same sofa and I tried to kiss him and he said not now after our date and just then my mom comes in the room and says it’s time to go. When I was in the car with my mom I texted one of my besties telling her all about it and how happy I was and then I woke up. This seemed so realistic I was sad it wasn’t real. What does this mean?

January 20, 2019 at 4:22 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. You may be interested in developing a romantic relationship with your crush. You also want this relationship to be approved of by your friends and family. Ensure that this dream influences you to determine what you want for your future. Nourish your relationship with your crush by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Sarah!

9. Hdhdhdjjd

January 19, 2019 at 2:15 am

I had a dream that me and my crush and this other girl that likes my crush aswell was walking home I was in the middle and my crush was beside me and my friend I was just leaning on my crush but he said nothing and then I accidentally touched his hand and he still said nothing. Does he like me????

January 20, 2019 at 2:16 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. This dream may be an indication that you want to maintain with him. The other girl in your dream may be a reflection of the knowledge or your other friends or social influences. It is possible that your crush is interested in developing a relationship with you. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Anon!

10. Tasnim

January 19, 2019 at 12:11 am

I’ve been having dreams about my crush everyday, they’re normally always vivid & blurry, its hard to make sense of them. In my dreams he tend to always be standing at a distance staring at me, if not I always dream about his face smiling at me like he’ll always be there at one point in the dream but never an interaction between us. In real life tho, alot of coincidences occur, were almost always at the same place everyday, especially when i least expect it idk why sometimes i get nervous around him but have very strong feelings, i do see him staring sometimes but only for a short while. I’ve been trying to get over him but he’s always there at college, if not always at the back of mind or he ends up in my dreams.

January 19, 2019 at 1:26 am

Your dreams are reflections of your thoughts and feelings regarding your crush. It is possible that your crush has similar feelings for you as well. You get nervous around him, and this may cause him to feel confused or uncertain about your feelings toward him. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Tasnim!

11. erika

January 18, 2019 at 11:37 am

i think i like my bestfriend he’s a boy and had a dream that he was kissing me please help

January 19, 2019 at 12:41 am

This dream may be a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your friend. It is certainly reasonable for you to have feelings for him. If you want to develop a relationship with him, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. You may nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Erika!

12. Sky

January 18, 2019 at 3:16 am

Last night I had a dream that I was already married to my crush and that we were expecting a baby. We were constantly checking in with one another as we got on with daily errands, and for some reason we were both at work. Our boss didn’t know that we were married, and we had all (our colleagues) agreed not to tell him. I ended up going into labour whilst working and he didn’t appear until it was almost time to push. I woke up before I knew whether it was a boy or a girl. The reason I’m deciding to post here is because he recently went away on a trip and I didn’t see him for just over a week. When he returned, he was acting quite cold towards me and it was quite the shock since we’ve always gotten on and been quite friendly with one another. This past week I’ve also decided to try and ditch the crush I have on him after his sudden attitude change, so why have I suddenly had a dream where we are married and having children?

January 18, 2019 at 8:32 pm

Your feelings for your crush may have recently changed, but this dream may be a manifestation of your previous feelings. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. You may nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. If you are no longer interested in maintaining a relationship with him, then allow thoughts of him to fade. Have a great day, Sky!

13. Marley

January 17, 2019 at 3:51 pm

I had a dream that my crush and his mom were going on errands and I came along and he held my hand in the store the whole time. Then my friends jumped out with cameras and microphones. I’m really confused.

January 17, 2019 at 11:24 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your desire to maintain a relationship with your crush. You likely want to nourish a long term relationship with him, and that may be the reason for why his mother appears. The appearance of your friends may be a sign that you want this relationship to be approved of by your social group. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Marley!

14. Hrjrjrjrj

January 15, 2019 at 8:18 am

I had a dream that me and my crush and this other girl that likes my crush aswell was walking home I was in the middle and my crush was beside me and my friend I was just leaning on my crush but he said nothing and then I accidentally touched his hand and he still said nothing. The shoulder bit actually happened in real life the same day and I nearly touched his hand in real life aswell.

January 15, 2019 at 10:13 pm

Your social and emotional relationships and desires have manifested in your dream. It is likely that this dream was a reflection of your behaviors in your waking life. It is possible that this dream influenced your actions as well. Determine what you want for your future. If you want to nourish a relationship with your crush, then spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Anon!

15. Rhonda

January 14, 2019 at 7:57 pm

I dreamt that three boys are fighting over me..sounds funny..but one of them is my actual crush. I am still wondering what could that mean.
    In real life, my crush is a very close friend of mine. We text everyday..he randomly makes me jealous(usually talks about his co-workers) and he enjoys seeing me mad. However, we are both shy and things aren’t really moving forward. I feel bit upset..

January 14, 2019 at 9:01 pm

It is likely that he is interested in developing a relationship with you, as he finds pleasure making you jealous. This means that he is likely thinking about you. He may not be seriously attempting to establish a new relationship at this time. If you believe that his behavior was inappropriate, then decide what type of relationship want to maintain. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Rhonda!

16. Anonymous

January 14, 2019 at 2:25 pm

Last night, I dreamt that my crush and I were really good friends, which actually started furthering on today, and we were having a really deep conversation about us both having really strong feelings for one another. But, in real life, we are good friends and he is really one of the reasons I happily walk through the halls at school everyday, but I just don’t understand why we were having such an emotional breakthrough. Like I really felt my dream – I could feel the relief and love which is kind of similar to what I feel everyday when we talk and he keeps the conversation going because he’s truly enjoying himself. Right when he was leaning in to kiss me after our declarations of love, I woke up.

January 15, 2019 at 9:44 pm

The two of you share a strong social and emotional relationship. Your dream is likely a reflection of those thoughts and feelings. Determine what you want for your future. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Give him chances to share himself with you. Have a great day, Anon!

17. Hdhrhhe

January 14, 2019 at 11:29 am

What does it mean in real life when I was going out my class my crush was there I walked to steps forward then I moved back and I nearly bumped into my crush but he quickly moved out the way. I was actually trying to go to my friend. What does this mean does he like me?

January 14, 2019 at 7:21 pm

His action of not getting hit by you was a reflection of his desire to not be hit by you. This is not an indication of his feelings in either direction. It is certainly possible that he is interested in developing a relationship with you. Allow this interaction to determine what you want for your future. Nourish your relationship with your crush by spending additional time with your crush in person. Have a great day, Anon!

18. Gfhhfjfjf

January 14, 2019 at 11:25 am

In real life there was a traffic jam and my crush was right beside me shoulder by shoulder we both tried to get away from each other but we couldn’t and he said”oh uh. “In a shy cute way and then he just gave up and went with it what does this mean. Does he like me back?

January 14, 2019 at 7:25 pm

It is possible that he likes you. The two of you were physically close to each other, which is likely an indication that he is interested in developing a relationship with you. Determine what you want for your future. It sounds as though this relationship may be viable. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Anon!

19. angel

January 13, 2019 at 9:05 pm

i had expressed my feelings to my crush a few days ago because i dreamt that we were holding hands and walking. after that due to a misunderstanding we stopped talking. however, whenever i am near he keeps staring at me. i dont look at him. so 2 days ago i dreamt that i was talking to somebody and my crush was looking at me but not talking and last night i dreamt that i was calling him as we all were going to die but he ignored me and kept hugging his other friends. what does it mean? he has liked me since the 7th grade. please help

January 14, 2019 at 6:42 pm

It sounds as though there was a misunderstanding, and you now feel uncomfortable. He seems to be interested in communicating with you, but you are ignoring him. Your dreams are likely reflections of your knowledge that you are sabotaging this relationship by ignoring him. Determine what you want for your future. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Angel!

20. Carrie

January 13, 2019 at 2:30 pm

I dreamt of my crush doing an exam with me and then he finished his paper first. As he was leaving I was checking his paper to see what he wrote

January 14, 2019 at 6:33 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. The presence of your crush may be an indication of your desire to develop a romantic relationship with him. It is possible that you are concerned about your education. This dream may have been a sign that you want to understand your crush. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Carrie!