What Does It Mean When You Dream About Your Crush?

By on December 29, 2013

On average every one of us dreams seven times per night. We might not even realise it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. All too often people don’t realise this and claim to never dream, not realising how statistically unlikely that actually is. Since you’re reading this, I think it’s safe to say however that you’re not one of those people. I’m going to take a shot and say that you remember your dreams quite a lot, perhaps most nights, and I’m going to take another shot and say that a lot of them feature a certain, very special, someone.

But what does it mean when your crush keeps popping up in your dreams? Why is it that he just can’t contain himself to real life, why is he flaunting himself in your dreams too? Here’s your answer…

d56990db4fc535c74d556da911baf6dc

The Why

‘The why’ in ‘why is your crush dream stalking you?’ is simple – you’re thinking about him in your waking hours and unable to forget about him when you switch off for the night. When we sleep our subconscious gets free reign and in that time it paints us pictures using the people, objects, places and scenarios we’ve been thinking of when we were awake.

There’s not much else to the why, like I said, it’s simple. You’re focussing on him while you’re awake and your subconscious is simply playing on that fact and creating a dream from it.

What It Means

Depending on your beliefs and whether or not you’re superstitious, dreams can either mean nothing or they can mean everything. They can hide clues to the future or your deepest desires or they can simply be nothing more than your mind playing a trick on you. If you don’t believe dreams hold clues to our futures or insights into our souls then I suggest you skip over this section, it may not be for you.

Here’s a few common dreams that may include your crush and what they are commonly interpreted to mean…

To dream you are kissing your crush symbolizes love, affectation and harmony. Your mind is expressing your waking desire to be close to this person and form some sort of attachment, in this case a relationship.

07469d4fc2fc05a8df62a38156ee323c

Don’t panic if you and your crush were arguing in a dream. This doesn’t mean you aren’t compatible as a couple. Arguing in a dream can symbolize tension and that you are trying to resolve an internal conflict. In this case, it’s likely your mind trying to tell you how frustrated it is that your crush is nothing more than a crush. It could show that your mind is ready for the two of you to become more than friends.

If you receive a love note or letter in your dream means that there could be a new relationship ahead of you. It also however symbolizes that you are insecure about something and need reassurance about your feelings or relationship. My advice in this situation is to be hopeful but beware, don’t let your insecurities get the better of you.

07e69b69253c14d985abbf1f26dd03fb

What To Do About It

On a whole, dreaming of your crush shows that you have an unresolved issue with him in real life, namely that he’s only your crush and not your boyfriend. You need to take action in the real world by attempting to get closer to him to see if a relationship is on the cards or not. Either way, your dreams about him are likely to grow fewer, if not stop altogether, as you start to live out your fantasy of speaking to him in everyday life. Chances are, you’ll be happier for it too. Instead of waking up feeling slightly hollow every morning seeing as your dream was only a dream, you’ll end each day feeling fulfilled that you spoke to him.

Try reading my article How To Get Your Crush To Like You for tips on how to interact with your crush in real life. As much as we’d all like to, we can’t go on dreaming forever. It’s time to stop dreaming and start living so go out there and make your crush fall head over heels for you!

Unknown guy

January 13, 2019 at 1:49 pm

Hi there! Last night i dreamt about my crush, we’re walking together getting off from work, we’re about to cross the road then suddenly one of my co-worker called me for something just yieling my name, then i went back to my working place leaving my crush alone crossing the road. We’re both carrying a box of cake.when i came in to our office,no one’s looking for me instead a guy approached me looking for something else.afterwards, i went out again from our office seeing my crush were about to leave seeing me with flat emotions on his face, maybe he looks tired waiting for me? He sit in a vehicle and leave while i’m about crossing the road.what does it mean? Im a guy, and my secret crush is a guy too.this is kinda weird.pls help me interpret my dream…thanks a lot in advance.

January 13, 2019 at 3:00 pm

It seems as though your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationships. Your dream took place at your work and on the road. This means that you want to feel comfortable with this relationship. It is perfectly normal and acceptable to have the feelings that you are having. Determine what you want for your future and take appropriate action. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Anon!

Unknown guy

January 13, 2019 at 1:38 pm

Hi there! Last night i dreamt about my crush, we’re walking together getting off from work, we’re about to cross the road then suddenly one of my co-worker called me for something just yieling my name, then i went back to the my working place leaving my crush alone crossing the road. We’re both carrying a box of cake.when i came in to our office,no one’s looking for me instead a guy approached me looking for something else.afterwards, i went out againg from our office seeing my crush were about to leave seeing me with flat emotions on his face, maybe he looks tired waiting for me? He sit in a vehicle and leave while about crossing the road.what does it mean? Im a guy, and my secret crush is a guy too.this is kinda weird.pls help me interpret my dream…thanks a lot in advance.

January 13, 2019 at 3:00 pm

Unkown

January 13, 2019 at 10:06 pm

Last night I had a dream where me and my crush were at this like water slide and how I first fell off by the edge and so he saw me as I fell, next time I went on he was there to catch me to make sure I didn’t hurt myself. What does this mean?

January 14, 2019 at 6:49 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. You likely want to nourish a relationship with your crush. You may want to take risks in your life. It would be reasonable for you to want to maintain a relationship with someone who makes you feel secure and safe. Ensure that this dream influences you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Anon!

Ari

January 12, 2019 at 10:33 pm

I had a dream where my crush leaned in to tell me something and instead he bit my ear… and then in the second one he continuously put his hand on mine when we were at school and were climing a set of stairs, it was very crowded and I was holding on to the railing. His grip was quite strong too.
    I’m just confused..

January 13, 2019 at 2:30 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your social and emotional connection with your crush. The first dream is a sign that you feel as though he is close to you. The second is a sign that you want to nourish this relationship. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Ari!

Bfhfhfh

January 12, 2019 at 10:31 am

I had a dream that I quickly ran to my crush in the sports center and said “I’m sorry. “And he said “It’s okay, I love you. “While pulling my shirt to him 🙂 we were in a cricket team and everyone was wearing blur including my crush in the sports center.

January 12, 2019 at 9:08 pm

This dream may be a sign that you want to spend time with your crush. The sports center may be a reflection of your athleticism or awareness that he enjoys being an athlete. Determine what you want for your future. If you want to maintain a relationship with him, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Anon!

Tina

January 9, 2019 at 9:34 pm

I had a dream a few days ago, it was kinda weird though.Basically I was trying to stop my crush from jumping off a ledge several times. I ended up getting him away from the ledge and then we talked for a bit.

January 12, 2019 at 12:52 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. There may be something going on in his life that makes you feel uncertain about his decisions. Continue to speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Tina!

Sam

January 9, 2019 at 1:39 pm

Lastnight I had an odd dream about arguing with my crush. We both already told eachother that we like eachother in real life. But nothing has really moved forward, so you could say we are taking things slow. Which I like a lot. But what really got me thinking and what I dont understand was that in my dream when we got into an arguement, he went and was spiteful talking to other girls and it was confusing. Because that’s not his personality. At least I haven’t seen it as such.

January 9, 2019 at 2:09 pm

The dream may have been a reflection of your frustrations within the relationship. He likely has similar feelings for you. He may want to move your relationship along, but he may know that you want to move slowly. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Sam!

Isabella

January 8, 2019 at 7:57 am

I had a dream that me and the guy I like were cuddling on my bed watching a movie. We made out couple of times. We were gonna have sex but we didn’t have a condom so we just made out some more. He kissed me all over my face. Then we went downstairs I helped him do laundry. In real life we are friends with benefits we talk everyday and he is the sweets ever with me.
    He’s always there for me and I’m always there for him

January 8, 2019 at 7:31 pm

You and this person share a strong social and emotional relationship. It is likely that these dreams are reflections of your thoughts and feelings. Determine what you want for your future. Decide if you believe that this relationship is viable. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Isabella!

Alice

January 6, 2019 at 8:01 am

I had a dream about my crush last night, we had a holiday party and we starting to get closer and we start leaning on each others shoulder, and then he leaned in to kiss me.. He doesn’t talk to me anymore though at school in real life… I don’t know how to get closer to him, since he started to talk to one of my friends. :/

January 6, 2019 at 11:19 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. In your waking life, you are uncertain about how to proceed with this relationship. Your crush is currently maintaining a relationship with your friend. Determine if you believe if it is appropriate to attempt to nourish a relationship with your crush at that time. Take appropriate action. Have a great day, Alice!

Gerda

January 6, 2019 at 1:31 am

I had a dream about my crush. We hugged a lot, and once i laid my head on his chest i heard his heart beat. I wanted to kiss him, but he said “Not now, soon”. That dream felt very real. Like a vivid dream. What could this “Not now, soon” mean?

January 6, 2019 at 11:08 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your social and emotional desires. You likely want to develop a relationship with your crush. You are aware that this relationship is not developed yet, and this may be the reason for the statement in your dream. Determine what you want for your future. If you want to develop a relationship with your crush, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Gerda!

Gina

January 6, 2019 at 12:00 am

I resistly had a dream me & my crush were holding hands at school but in reality he moved away, he liked me & I liked him for a while but he was always to shy to come & talk to me, & when I tried to talk to him he’d get nervous cuz I know he liked me, & plus every guy I liked ether moves away or I move away & never really have a chance, just don’t know what to do??

January 6, 2019 at 11:01 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. He has moved away, so you are aware that this relationship may no longer be viable. You have explained that your inaction may be responsible for you not maintaining romantic relationships with people. Perhaps allow this knowledge to influence you to take action. If there is someone else that you want to establish a relationship with, then speak with that person about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Gina!

Angie

January 4, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Hi. I had a dream that my brother had invited a friend over to hang out and play games. I seen him at school before but I never spoke to him, but I always thought he was very good looking. So, in my dream I was completely topless and only had my pajama “booty” shorts on and we were facing each other talking and making jokes casually. I found this quite odd and I also want to know why.

January 5, 2019 at 3:16 pm

This dream may be a reflection of various social desires in your life. You may be interested in maintaining a new social relationship. This person may be someone neutral to you. This may be because you are uncertain about who you want to develop a relationship with. Being naked in this dream may be a sign that you want to be open and honest with your partner at all times. Determine what you want for your future and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Angie!

Angie

January 4, 2019 at 9:44 pm

I had a dream that my brother invited his friend (a guy I thought was cute) to play games and I was topless (no shirt or bra) and in my pajama short shorts in my living room hanging out with them and then I started talking to my brother’s friend casually. We were sitting facing each other on the couch and laughing and talking about games When I woke up, I kind of found this odd. I never spoke once to the guy in my life.

January 5, 2019 at 3:16 pm

Hhfhdhdj

January 3, 2019 at 11:49 am

I already had like 8 dreams in a row about my crush what does that mean?

January 4, 2019 at 12:12 am

You have had multiple dreams in a row about your crush. This is a manifestation of your feelings toward that person. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish your relationship by spending additional time with that person. Have a great day, Anon!

Hdhdhrheh

January 3, 2019 at 1:57 am

I had a dream that my crush randomly came to my table of group of friends and then my friend started saying “I wonder who your crush is. “But she doesn’t know in real life and u said to her in a cute voice “I wonder who your crush is. “And my crush started laughing cutely. Also my friend has the sane crush as me but she doesn’t know I still like him. Then I said to her in a cute voice”Do u want me to shout out their name?”And she started laughing and then my crush started laughing and smiling again cutely. For some reason he was mostly looking at me. After we needed to leave together I got a pen(that in real life I write it only to write notes about my crush) and I drank from the pen and threw it in the bin.

January 3, 2019 at 11:59 pm

Your dream is likely a reflection of your strong feelings for your crush. The interaction with your friend is a manifestation of your knowledge that your friend knows your feelings. Determine what you want for the future of your relationship with your crush. Speak with that person about your thoughts and feelings. Perhaps your friend will be willing to help you maintain this relationship. Have a great day, Anon!

Ydgdyhdd

January 2, 2019 at 1:40 am

I had a dream that I had an appointment and when I went to the appointment my crush was write behind me he didn’t really have a happy face like me and then when I needed to go he went aswelll

January 2, 2019 at 9:28 pm

This dream may be a sign of the struggles that you may have between caring for yourself and nourishing social relationships. Determine what you want for the future of your relationship with your crush. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish your relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Anon!

Eggsgehdge

January 2, 2019 at 1:39 am

I had a dream that in my school that I was talking to my friends with this guy that likes me and then afterwards there were two table and I was supposed to go to the table that the guy liked me instead I went to the table that had my crush on it and I sat write beside him but then he moved in front of me without me knowing And then while we were eating me and my crush had stuffed our mouth with food and then everyone aswell and then we all laughed together with our mouth stuffed with food

January 2, 2019 at 9:21 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your various social and emotional relationships. You may be aware that there are people who like you. You may have a crush that you want to maintain a relationship with. Determine what you want for your future. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Eggs!

Bfhfhhff

January 2, 2019 at 1:34 am

I had a dream that in my old school I was just talking to my friends and then my crush came up to my group of friends and we started talking about the funny stuff and then we all laugh together

January 2, 2019 at 9:19 pm

This dream may be a sign that you want your future relationships to be accepted by your friends. If you are interested in developing a relationship with your crush, then speak with that person about your thoughts and feelings. Attempt to bring your social groups together, as this will help maintain healthy relationships. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Anon!

Dgdgdgd

January 2, 2019 at 1:33 am

I had a dream that I was walking back from a club and my mum started talking to my crush and he talked back and when we needed to go the other direction my mum said bye to my crush and he said bye and when I said bye there was no reply

January 2, 2019 at 9:08 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your social and emotional desires. You may want your future partner to have a healthy relationship with your mother. Allow this dream to influence you to determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. If your relationship blossoms, then have your mother meet your crush. Have a great day, Anon!

Mikayla

January 1, 2019 at 2:48 pm

Hi! I had a dream that I was walking down a huge stairway and I came into a large movie theater and people were walking out since the movie ended and I saw my crush and he came up to me and he first started talking then started singing like serenading me, while walking with me to the exit and I didn’t pay him much attention because I was too busy finding out where I was going when I went out the theater.
    I do not understand this dream, what does it mean?

January 1, 2019 at 6:54 pm

The theater may have been a manifestation of your relationship with media and movies. The presence of your crush is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. It is possible that you are aware that you are focusing on entertainment more than you are focusing on this social relationship. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish your relationship with him by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Mikayla!

Mikayla

January 2, 2019 at 12:49 am

I forgot to put in that while he walked out with me from the theater into a bright hallway, he followed me to go to the elevator and the only button it had was going up unto another level. While we were waiting, he kept talking and smiling at me and I just looked at him, listening.
        Does that also mean anything too?

January 2, 2019 at 8:51 pm

It is possible that the elevator is a sign that the two of you may be nourishing your relationship. Perhaps the up button was a sign that if you spend additional time with him, then your relationship with improve. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Mikayla!

Aria

January 1, 2019 at 4:49 am

Last night i dreamt that I was in school and getting married to my crush. I am very close with him in real life and we talk almost every day, i’ve told him that i like him before and he said we should take it slow but in the dream we got married. After that we were back in my house with my mum and one of my friends and he gave me a necklace and then i woke up

January 1, 2019 at 7:05 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your desire to maintain a relationship with your crush. The presence of your parents and friends may be a sign that you want this relationship to be socially approved. You have already informed your crush of your feelings. It is likely that his feelings for you will grow over time. Nourish your relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Aria!