What Does It Mean When You Dream About Your Crush?

By on December 29, 2013

On average every one of us dreams seven times per night. We might not even realise it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. All too often people don’t realise this and claim to never dream, not realising how statistically unlikely that actually is. Since you’re reading this, I think it’s safe to say however that you’re not one of those people. I’m going to take a shot and say that you remember your dreams quite a lot, perhaps most nights, and I’m going to take another shot and say that a lot of them feature a certain, very special, someone.

But what does it mean when your crush keeps popping up in your dreams? Why is it that he just can’t contain himself to real life, why is he flaunting himself in your dreams too? Here’s your answer…

d56990db4fc535c74d556da911baf6dc

The Why

‘The why’ in ‘why is your crush dream stalking you?’ is simple – you’re thinking about him in your waking hours and unable to forget about him when you switch off for the night. When we sleep our subconscious gets free reign and in that time it paints us pictures using the people, objects, places and scenarios we’ve been thinking of when we were awake.

There’s not much else to the why, like I said, it’s simple. You’re focussing on him while you’re awake and your subconscious is simply playing on that fact and creating a dream from it.

What It Means

Depending on your beliefs and whether or not you’re superstitious, dreams can either mean nothing or they can mean everything. They can hide clues to the future or your deepest desires or they can simply be nothing more than your mind playing a trick on you. If you don’t believe dreams hold clues to our futures or insights into our souls then I suggest you skip over this section, it may not be for you.

Here’s a few common dreams that may include your crush and what they are commonly interpreted to mean…

To dream you are kissing your crush symbolizes love, affectation and harmony. Your mind is expressing your waking desire to be close to this person and form some sort of attachment, in this case a relationship.

07469d4fc2fc05a8df62a38156ee323c

Don’t panic if you and your crush were arguing in a dream. This doesn’t mean you aren’t compatible as a couple. Arguing in a dream can symbolize tension and that you are trying to resolve an internal conflict. In this case, it’s likely your mind trying to tell you how frustrated it is that your crush is nothing more than a crush. It could show that your mind is ready for the two of you to become more than friends.

If you receive a love note or letter in your dream means that there could be a new relationship ahead of you. It also however symbolizes that you are insecure about something and need reassurance about your feelings or relationship. My advice in this situation is to be hopeful but beware, don’t let your insecurities get the better of you.

07e69b69253c14d985abbf1f26dd03fb

What To Do About It

On a whole, dreaming of your crush shows that you have an unresolved issue with him in real life, namely that he’s only your crush and not your boyfriend. You need to take action in the real world by attempting to get closer to him to see if a relationship is on the cards or not. Either way, your dreams about him are likely to grow fewer, if not stop altogether, as you start to live out your fantasy of speaking to him in everyday life. Chances are, you’ll be happier for it too. Instead of waking up feeling slightly hollow every morning seeing as your dream was only a dream, you’ll end each day feeling fulfilled that you spoke to him.

Try reading my article How To Get Your Crush To Like You for tips on how to interact with your crush in real life. As much as we’d all like to, we can’t go on dreaming forever. It’s time to stop dreaming and start living so go out there and make your crush fall head over heels for you!

klaudia

December 31, 2018 at 6:07 am

I had a dream where me and my crush were in a classroom glancing at each other. Then suddenly we were at my house with my family. Some of my family members had to leave so the rest walked them to the door, but my crush stayed. We slowly started walking closer to each other, until we were right in front of each other. Then my crush hugged me, and held me really close and tight. Then we started glancing at each other’s lips, getting closer and closer. Then we started snogging lol. Then I sort of put my legs around his waist, and we snogged a couple more times, then we stopped and he just held me like that. He had his face buried at the side of my neck if you get how I mean. The dream was amazing it felt soo real!! 🥰🥰🥰

December 31, 2018 at 3:58 pm

Your dream is a reflection of the social and emotional connection that you feel with your crush. The location of your school and house are signs that you want this relationship to be accepted by your friends and family. Your intimate interaction with him may be a sign that you want to strengthen this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Klaudia!

Liam

December 30, 2018 at 9:04 am

I had a dream where some random kid passed me a note of my crush saying ‘I want to spend some time with you’.

December 30, 2018 at 2:01 pm

The note was likely a reflection of your desire to receive a communication from your crush. It is likely that you want to develop a social or emotional relationship with him. Take this time to determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Perhaps speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Liam!

Izzy

December 29, 2018 at 5:07 pm

I had a dream that my crush got me pregnant from losing our virginity.so his dad and my nan had an argument about it.I started to cry and my crush was sat next to me so I got closer to him and he was making me laugh.

December 30, 2018 at 1:37 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationships. You may be thinking about developing an intimate relationship with your partner at this time. Because of this, you might be thinking about becoming pregnant. This thought appeared in your dream as a discussion between his father and your nan. You feel a strong connection with your partner, and this is why you felt comfort with him. Have a great day, Izzy!

beso

December 29, 2018 at 9:59 am

i had a dream today that my crush was walking in a clothing shop and everyone knows that dreams are dreams so i just went to hug him.. i hugged him and he hugged me back for 5 seconds and after that he ‘kind of ‘ pushed me away and said something.. i dont clearly remember what he said but i think he said ‘you are materialistic’ and then he left ,i take that as a rejection. what does that mean?

December 29, 2018 at 4:31 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. You may be interested in maintaining a relationship with your crush. The concern of materialism may be reflected in the clothing shop of your dream. You will find great benefit in reducing the amount of things that your purchase and own. If your dream is accurate, then this action may cause him to want to maintain a relationship with you. Have a great day, Beso!

Vdhdgdge

December 29, 2018 at 2:35 am

I had a dream that I was keeping on following my crush in a yard and he kept looking at me but said nothing then when the bell rang I randomly followed him to the English class then we were in the same English class.

December 29, 2018 at 4:19 pm

This dream is a reflection of your relationship with your crush. The two of you likely spend time together in school. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Anon!

Nia

December 29, 2018 at 12:22 am

So my crush told me he liked me back but we aren’t dating because he doesn’t wanna be in a relationship. So now I’m constantly having dreams about him. One of the dreams was when ( this is so weird) that I was pregnant and he was smiling which is so weird. The second dream is always trying to impress him and doing what he likes but trying to be better and all I could remember is just making him smile and then he started teasing me and making me laugh and smile

December 29, 2018 at 4:15 pm

You crush has informed you of his feelings. Your dreams are manifestations of your desires as well. He does not want to be in a relationship, so determine what you want for your future. Decide what is appropriate. Nourish your relationship by spending additional time with him in person. This will help to strengthen his feelings for you. Have a great day, Nia!

Hdhdjdjdj

December 28, 2018 at 12:31 pm

What does it mean when my crush says i love you in a dream?

December 28, 2018 at 1:15 pm

If someone tells you that they love you in your dream, then it is a reflection of your desires and influences. It is possible that you are interested in developing a new relationship. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Anon!

Hdhdjdjdj

December 28, 2018 at 12:30 pm

What does it mean when NY cruah says u love you in a dream?

December 28, 2018 at 1:15 pm

Sarah

December 28, 2018 at 10:57 am

I dreamt about this guy, i have never spoken to him in a real life but we went to school together few years ago.about a month ago,we started texting online he said to me that i was her crush when we went to school together. But one day he just stopped texting. And i kinda miss him like a lot. I think i like him now. Last night i dreamt about him,we were in a class together he was so nice to me, i cooked this food, but i didn’t like it so he eat the food. I think in that dream I’m like his girlfriend. And he was very sweet. What do you think?

December 28, 2018 at 1:13 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. It is possible that you have been thinking about him. He may have been an amalgamation of various people who are in your life. Your relationship as his girlfriend may be a sign of what you want for your future. If there is someone that you want to maintain a relationship with in your life, then speak with that person about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Sarah!

Cing

December 26, 2018 at 10:04 am

Good Morning!! Well, today I had a dream about my crush. I was walking out of the bathroom in school and he was just standing there, I was blushing. He noticed it and gave me a flying kiss. Then, after walking into multiple classes I walked into my last class and my crush was there. When he spotted me, he stood up from his seat and pulled my wrist and when he sat down, he pulled me and I ended up sitting on his lap.

December 26, 2018 at 1:52 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. You are interested in maintaining a relationship with your crush. His repeated presence in different areas in your school may be a sign that you see him often in your daily life. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Cing!

Gufugxg igci

December 26, 2018 at 4:30 am

I had a dream that I was in a show and then me and my friends went off the stage and went down and sat near my crush and his two best friends. They were looking at me suspiciously. And before this happened one of his friend in the dream was in my science class.

December 26, 2018 at 1:23 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connections. You are aware of your friendships and your crush’s friendships. Allow this dream to influence you to determine what you want for your future. The suspicious looks of your crush’s friends may be a sign that you are aware that they are uncertain about you. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Anon!

Mia

December 25, 2018 at 10:27 pm

Hi, so I had a dream where it was just me and my crush in a classroom laying down on the floor and I just remember poking him and making him smile and laugh. before that, I remember being in PE and trying to get a 6-minute mile to impress him.

December 26, 2018 at 1:20 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. It is likely that you are interested in developing a relationship with him. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Mia!

Hdbfhfbnfnfnd

December 24, 2018 at 10:54 am

What does it mean when you dream about a lucid dream me running to my crush and he was sitting down on the stairs and I said I’m sorry about the past which something acually happened in real life he whispered in my ear it’s okay, I love you then the dream eneded because I accidentally opened my eyes , when I did I was so happy and we were in the sports center and everyone was wearing a blue jumper

December 24, 2018 at 5:12 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. You are interested in maintaining a relationship with your crush. Aspects of your dream are likely related to things in your waking life. Allow this dream to influence you to determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Anon!

Eve

December 24, 2018 at 4:31 am

What does it mean when my crush asked me if I liked him and then we began arguing?

December 24, 2018 at 3:29 pm

The first aspects of your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional feelings toward your crush. The arguing may be a sign that you are aware of a stress or tension in your relationship. Allow this dream to influence you to determine what you want for your future. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times. Perhaps speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. You may nourish your relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Eve!

gdgdgdhdh

December 23, 2018 at 1:36 am

What does it mean when I have a lucid dream about me saying to my crush I’m sorry about something that happened in the passed then he said to my ear it’s okay I love you and then I opened my eyes by accident and I couldn’t get back to sleep after how happy I was.

December 24, 2018 at 3:23 pm

This dream is a reflection of your emotional and social connection that you share with your crush. Because of the lucidity of this dream, it is likely that it is a close manifestation of your feelings. Take this time to determine what you want for your future. Nourish your relationship with your crush by sharing your thoughts and feelings with him. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Anon!

Grhrhrhrh

December 22, 2018 at 1:02 pm

What does it mean when I see my crush and his mum said that I can join the same club as him and my friend while I was walking home my crush was walking super fast and for some reason their mum didn’t say anything to me about me liking my crush when she kniws it.

December 22, 2018 at 1:24 pm

Your crush’s mother invited you to join the club. It is unlikely that she would be direct regarding her knowledge of your feelings toward her son. She probably thinks that you are nice. She may want you to maintain a relationship with him. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Anon!

Hdudhjr

December 22, 2018 at 2:41 am

What does it mean when my crush and his friend sat on the same row as me but just 3 seats away all the other seats were empty and sometimes when I try to look at him his friend and him will look at me and I will quickly look down as if I wasn’t looking at them.

December 22, 2018 at 12:47 pm

This may be an indication that your crush shares similar feelings for you. He may want to develop a relationship with you. He might just want to get to know you better. If he sits near you again in the future, then perhaps speak with him. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Anon!

Hdhdjd

December 22, 2018 at 2:38 am

What does it mean when in a dream I was the best at basketball and me and my team were practicing and then my crush’s team cane and I went up to them and said to every one if them that I will beat you and I told that to my crush last and while he walked away he called me a b*tch and I said thanks then the game begun and I scored one goal and then my head teacher came and we all sat down listening to her saying we were the both best teams and I was sitting near my crush

December 22, 2018 at 12:46 pm

This dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. You may want to maintain a relationship with your crush. His insult may be a manifestation of his behaviors during your waking life. His insult may be a reflection of the media that you consume. Your athletics may have appeared because of their importance to you. Allow this dream to influence you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Anon!

Leoni

December 20, 2018 at 11:23 am

Hi😊
    I dreamt last night about my crush that I like for 2 years now but he recently told me in real life through a friend that he doesn’t feel the same way and that literally broke my heart.😞So last night I dreamt about him and I haven’t seen him in almost a month.In my dream he followed me everywhere but we never talked.Almost at the end of my dream we were alone in a park with lots of trees around us.I remember I told him how ashamed I was that his friend had to tell me of his rejection and not himself.He said sorry and I could really see it in his eyes but then out of the blue he gave me a hug and kissed me.I was so suprised but I felt butterflies.Then suddenly he said he has to go and ran to his car driving away while looking at me with so much sadness written all over his face.Please give me some advice.

December 22, 2018 at 11:51 am

This dream is a reflection of your thoughts and feelings regarding your crush. It is possible that the behaviors and interactions that each of you shared in your waking life were manifested in this dream. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Leoni!

Leoni

December 20, 2018 at 9:18 am

Hi😊
    I dreamed about my crush who I have liked for 2 years now but recently he told me in real life through his friend that he doesn’t feel the same way about me and that really broke my heart.So last night out of the blue I dreamt about him.He followed me alot in my dream.Wherever I go he was there.Just before I woke up we walked in a park all alone with lots of trees around us and I told him how ashamed I was when his friend had to tell me that he doesn’t feel the same way and not himself.He said sorry and I could truely see it in his eyes.I asked him if we could still be friends but then out of the blue he kissed me and hugged me but then he said goodbye and that he had to go.So then he ran off to his car and drove off while still looking at me with a face full of sorrow.It bothers me alot because I haven’t seen him almost in a month.

December 22, 2018 at 11:46 am