What Does It Mean When You Dream About Your Crush?

By on December 29, 2013

On average every one of us dreams seven times per night. We might not even realise it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. All too often people don’t realise this and claim to never dream, not realising how statistically unlikely that actually is. Since you’re reading this, I think it’s safe to say however that you’re not one of those people. I’m going to take a shot and say that you remember your dreams quite a lot, perhaps most nights, and I’m going to take another shot and say that a lot of them feature a certain, very special, someone.

But what does it mean when your crush keeps popping up in your dreams? Why is it that he just can’t contain himself to real life, why is he flaunting himself in your dreams too? Here’s your answer…

d56990db4fc535c74d556da911baf6dc

The Why

‘The why’ in ‘why is your crush dream stalking you?’ is simple – you’re thinking about him in your waking hours and unable to forget about him when you switch off for the night. When we sleep our subconscious gets free reign and in that time it paints us pictures using the people, objects, places and scenarios we’ve been thinking of when we were awake.

There’s not much else to the why, like I said, it’s simple. You’re focussing on him while you’re awake and your subconscious is simply playing on that fact and creating a dream from it.

What It Means

Depending on your beliefs and whether or not you’re superstitious, dreams can either mean nothing or they can mean everything. They can hide clues to the future or your deepest desires or they can simply be nothing more than your mind playing a trick on you. If you don’t believe dreams hold clues to our futures or insights into our souls then I suggest you skip over this section, it may not be for you.

Here’s a few common dreams that may include your crush and what they are commonly interpreted to mean…

To dream you are kissing your crush symbolizes love, affectation and harmony. Your mind is expressing your waking desire to be close to this person and form some sort of attachment, in this case a relationship.

07469d4fc2fc05a8df62a38156ee323c

Don’t panic if you and your crush were arguing in a dream. This doesn’t mean you aren’t compatible as a couple. Arguing in a dream can symbolize tension and that you are trying to resolve an internal conflict. In this case, it’s likely your mind trying to tell you how frustrated it is that your crush is nothing more than a crush. It could show that your mind is ready for the two of you to become more than friends.

If you receive a love note or letter in your dream means that there could be a new relationship ahead of you. It also however symbolizes that you are insecure about something and need reassurance about your feelings or relationship. My advice in this situation is to be hopeful but beware, don’t let your insecurities get the better of you.

07e69b69253c14d985abbf1f26dd03fb

What To Do About It

On a whole, dreaming of your crush shows that you have an unresolved issue with him in real life, namely that he’s only your crush and not your boyfriend. You need to take action in the real world by attempting to get closer to him to see if a relationship is on the cards or not. Either way, your dreams about him are likely to grow fewer, if not stop altogether, as you start to live out your fantasy of speaking to him in everyday life. Chances are, you’ll be happier for it too. Instead of waking up feeling slightly hollow every morning seeing as your dream was only a dream, you’ll end each day feeling fulfilled that you spoke to him.

Try reading my article How To Get Your Crush To Like You for tips on how to interact with your crush in real life. As much as we’d all like to, we can’t go on dreaming forever. It’s time to stop dreaming and start living so go out there and make your crush fall head over heels for you!

1. Yryryeurhhe

November 14, 2018 at 10:58 am

In real life this boy that sits beside me asked me do you know (my crush’s full name) then I was like yh they also go to the same club so they know each other well. Why did he ask me that I know his crush cause it feels like my crush told him something about me?

November 14, 2018 at 8:36 pm

It is certainly possible that this person’s behavior was caused by a discussion that he had with your crush. You may assume that your crush is aware of your statement. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to do the same. Have a great day, Yr!

2. i

November 14, 2018 at 4:22 am

I had a dream where my crush kissed me and we were dating BUT in my waking life, he’s in a relationship

November 14, 2018 at 8:32 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. You are interested in developing a relationship with him. However, he is in a relationship. Allow thoughts of him to fade. Focus your emotional energy elsewhere. Continue to share your kindness and compassion with him. If his relationship naturally ends, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, I!

3. lara

November 13, 2018 at 1:25 pm

i had a dream with my crush it was night and i don’t remeber it good but i just know that i kissed him en when i woke up it felt like it was real

November 13, 2018 at 8:07 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your thoughts and feelings regarding your crush. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. It is likely that you want to maintain a romantic relationship with him. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Lara!

4. Black Gumi

November 12, 2018 at 5:16 am

Hello! Thank you so much for this article! 😁

A month ago, I had this dream where my crush hugged me, and it was the most special hug I ever received. I mean even after woken up, I was still feeling this warm feeling of bliss!
    And yesterday I dreamt again about him, this time we just smiled at each other and I put my hand and his hand, once again I felt this weird warm feeling I’ve never felt before, even in real life.

So I’m desperately trying to understand what does it mean!
    He seems inaccessible for me because we don’t have any occasion to meet… We have a lot of similar interests but he is so handsome that he already has a lot of girls who flirt with him so I thought it would be wiser to forget about him (but my dreams say otherwise)

Thank you so much for your help, I really need someone to lighten me about the meaning of my dreams 😊

November 12, 2018 at 10:04 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your thoughts and feelings. He is likely an attractive person, though you should not allow other people from preventing you from attempting to speak with him. The two of you likely share a strong social connection, so you will find benefit in speaking with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Gumi!

• Black Gumi

November 16, 2018 at 8:18 am

I see!
        Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it!
        Thanks and good continuation 😀

November 16, 2018 at 7:40 pm

Thank you for sharing your positive comment. Please share your experiences and insights in the future. Have a great day, Gumi!

5. Hfhfh

November 11, 2018 at 3:33 am

I don’t know why but when I see my crush I am always too scared to look up and at people who like me.

November 12, 2018 at 9:22 pm

You are shy, and you will find benefit in being more direct with your behaviors. It will be beneficial for you to determine what you want for your future. If you want to nourish a relationship with your crush, then spend additional time with him in person. Perhaps try to make eye contact. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings when it is appropriate. Have a great day, Hf!

6. Marissa

November 9, 2018 at 5:01 am

I had a dream lately when my crush says hi to me in a shy way like he was force to do it—in a shy way. The venue is there on my school’s cafeteria I’m with my friend. My crush showed up, all by himself and says hi to me then I hide my giddiness at that moment, and in my dream i could feel so tense up and embarassed. Then after my crush says hi to me, he walk away in a slow lazy walk manner that he usually do every morning like he is so tired of all the sht about going here at school. In my waking life, I had a friend and she says she is going to have a dare on my crush on saying hi to me and I’m so fvcked up and doesn’t know what to do here on my waking life. I don’t know what does it mean. Then today, I sent a message to my crush (my first message actually cause a friend ask a favor to ask my crush about their academic club) until now, my crush didn’t reply back or seen my message and now I’m fvcked up like my dream was.

November 11, 2018 at 11:51 pm

Your dream may have been a reflection of your social relationships. You have chosen to speak with your crush on behalf of someone else. This may cause him to feel confused or uncertain. If you want to develop a relationship with him, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish your relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Marissa!

7. Gdgdgd

November 7, 2018 at 10:19 pm

Why did i have a dream about my crush and this other boy that likes me being in my house and then after i see my crush and we started talking and laughing together in the dream what does this mean?Also the boy tagt likes me knows taht i dint like him and he told his friends and now his friends won’t ket me gi until i say taht i like him but i do nof want to day it.

November 11, 2018 at 10:32 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your social and emotional relationships. You are interested in nourishing a relationship with your crush. You are aware that someone has a crush on you. You do not need to maintain a relationship with the person who has a crush on you. Determine what you want for your future with your crush. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Gd!

8. Taylor Bourassa

November 7, 2018 at 5:56 pm

I had a dream with my crush in it… what does this mean and how can I get him to like me???

November 7, 2018 at 9:30 pm

Your dream was a reflection of your emotional and social connection. You are aware that he is in a relationship. Do not attempt to harm his relationship. Determine what you want for your future without him. Ensure that you continue to share your kindness and compassion with him at all times. Have a great day, Taylor!

9. Taylor Bourassa

November 7, 2018 at 5:56 pm

I had a dream that it was him and I at detention and we had to kiss each other to get out of it. Of course it was awkward but I liked it. In real life however, he’s dating someone and doesn’t like me.

November 7, 2018 at 9:29 pm

10. Batman

November 6, 2018 at 7:03 am

I had a dream of my crush kind of cornering me against my locker and was about to kiss me, as we were both smiling at each other, but then he suddenly turned away and left.

November 6, 2018 at 8:22 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various social and emotional influences in your life. You may be interested in nourishing a relationship with your crush. You may be uncertain or confused about his thoughts and feelings. Determine what you want for this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Batman!

11. Margaret

November 4, 2018 at 11:35 am

I dreamt I kissed my crush, and it wasn’t a very good kiss…

November 4, 2018 at 8:11 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of various influences in your life. The kiss may be a sign that you are interested in creating an emotionally intimate relationship. The quality of the kiss may be a sign that you are uncertain about your thoughts and feelings. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Margaret!

12. LittlePaperPiece

November 3, 2018 at 7:52 pm

I had this dream that I cornered and kissed my crush (and he kissed back), and after that we walked together and started chatting. It was a pretty lucid dream ’cause I still can recall some sensations and impresions from it , even in the very dream I questioned myself if it was real.
    I haven’t been able of stop thinking of this dream since I’ve had it, is the first one of this kind I’ve ever had, usually my dreams are a disturbing-awkward blur, and I don’t know how to interpret this new outlook. Help?

November 4, 2018 at 7:23 pm

This dream is a vivid reflection of your emotional connection with your crush. It is possible that he has similar feelings as you do. The kiss in the dream is manifestation of your desire for intimacy. This dream will guide you to spend additional time with your crush. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Piece!

13. amber

November 3, 2018 at 5:46 pm

I have a crush on this boy in my class. I dream about him, and reconnecting with him…We liked each other, but he cut me off cause i always followed him, and he said i was creepy. what shoud i do, i can’t let him go.

November 3, 2018 at 6:55 pm

He has shared his thoughts and feelings with you. He is not interested in nourishing a relationship with you at this time. Allow thoughts of him to fade. Continue to share your kindness and compassion with him. It is possible that his feelings for you may grow over time. The best option may be to be patient. Have a great day, Amber!

• amber

November 3, 2018 at 8:30 pm

I would like to know how i should pursue my crush… best ways in the real world.

November 4, 2018 at 7:14 pm

If you want to nourish a relationship with your crush, then spend additional time with that person. There is a way for you to share your feelings with that person. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. The best option is to be direct and honest. Have a great day, Amber!

14. Luna

November 2, 2018 at 9:51 am

I had a dream that I met my crush family?!

November 2, 2018 at 9:32 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. Meeting the family of your crush is a sign that you want to nourish this relationship. You likely feel a strong connection with your crush, and you may be thinking about a long term relationship. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with your crush in person. Have a great day, Luna!

15. Jack brown

November 2, 2018 at 4:54 am

I had a dream that me and my crush just started dating. I don’t recall exactly the area we were in, but we were talking a lot and seemed to be having a good time. She learnt And started making out with me. She was also sitting on top of me. I remember I started to touch the side of her leg and she hisitated and smiled. Than I woke up. The other weird thing It actually felt like I was kissing her but it had a weird feeling to it.

November 2, 2018 at 9:21 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. The behaviors of you and your crush in your dream were manifestations of your desire for physical connection and emotional intimacy. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Nourish your relationship with her by spending additional time with her in person. Have a great day, Jack!

16. Michael

November 1, 2018 at 9:12 am

So I had a dream about my crush and I hanging out in class does this represent something?

November 1, 2018 at 8:46 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your desire to nourish your social and emotional relationship with your crush. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. The classroom aspect of your dream is likely a manifestation of a common setting where the two of you may spend time together in person. Have a great day, Michael!

17. Obscure

November 1, 2018 at 8:28 am

I had a dream about my crush. In my dream Im in a fun run event and suddenly he approach me and say hi, then he ask me if he can court me and I say yes, after that were together. Then he cheated on me because I can’t give him what he want and that is sex. Then that’s was when I woke up. That’s all I remembered.
    What does it mean?

November 1, 2018 at 8:45 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. You likely want to maintain a relationship with him. It is possible that his behaviors have influenced you to believe that he is only after a physical relationship. Perhaps the media that you consume caused that behavior to manifest. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Obscure!

18. Hshsh

October 30, 2018 at 12:31 pm

What does it mean when you come near your crush every 1min and he looks at you but doesn’t say anything?

October 30, 2018 at 8:41 pm

If you come near your crush frequently, then your behavior has revealed your feelings. He may be looking at you because of your behaviors. He may be interested in speaking with you. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Hshsh!

19. Joyce

October 30, 2018 at 3:39 am

I had a dream my crush kissed me, in real life he is married and I am too. What should I do?

October 30, 2018 at 8:27 pm

You should allow this dream to fade. You are married and your crush is married. Abstain from nourishing a relationship with your crush, and focus your emotional energy on your partner. Do not attempt to maintain a romantic relationship with your crush. Spend additional time with your partner, as this will strengthen your relationship. Have a great day, Joyce!

20. Meh

October 28, 2018 at 11:29 pm

So I had a dream where my crush kissed my cheek but I freaked out and I walked away but he looked sad as I was walking away. What could that mean?

October 29, 2018 at 8:50 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional and social relationship with your crush. Your behavior in your dream may be a sign that such behavior in real life would have been confusing. Take this time to determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Meh!