What Does It Mean When You Dream About Your Crush?

By on December 29, 2013

On average every one of us dreams seven times per night. We might not even realise it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. All too often people don’t realise this and claim to never dream, not realising how statistically unlikely that actually is. Since you’re reading this, I think it’s safe to say however that you’re not one of those people. I’m going to take a shot and say that you remember your dreams quite a lot, perhaps most nights, and I’m going to take another shot and say that a lot of them feature a certain, very special, someone.

But what does it mean when your crush keeps popping up in your dreams? Why is it that he just can’t contain himself to real life, why is he flaunting himself in your dreams too? Here’s your answer…

d56990db4fc535c74d556da911baf6dc

The Why

‘The why’ in ‘why is your crush dream stalking you?’ is simple – you’re thinking about him in your waking hours and unable to forget about him when you switch off for the night. When we sleep our subconscious gets free reign and in that time it paints us pictures using the people, objects, places and scenarios we’ve been thinking of when we were awake.

There’s not much else to the why, like I said, it’s simple. You’re focussing on him while you’re awake and your subconscious is simply playing on that fact and creating a dream from it.

What It Means

Depending on your beliefs and whether or not you’re superstitious, dreams can either mean nothing or they can mean everything. They can hide clues to the future or your deepest desires or they can simply be nothing more than your mind playing a trick on you. If you don’t believe dreams hold clues to our futures or insights into our souls then I suggest you skip over this section, it may not be for you.

Here’s a few common dreams that may include your crush and what they are commonly interpreted to mean…

To dream you are kissing your crush symbolizes love, affectation and harmony. Your mind is expressing your waking desire to be close to this person and form some sort of attachment, in this case a relationship.

07469d4fc2fc05a8df62a38156ee323c

Don’t panic if you and your crush were arguing in a dream. This doesn’t mean you aren’t compatible as a couple. Arguing in a dream can symbolize tension and that you are trying to resolve an internal conflict. In this case, it’s likely your mind trying to tell you how frustrated it is that your crush is nothing more than a crush. It could show that your mind is ready for the two of you to become more than friends.

If you receive a love note or letter in your dream means that there could be a new relationship ahead of you. It also however symbolizes that you are insecure about something and need reassurance about your feelings or relationship. My advice in this situation is to be hopeful but beware, don’t let your insecurities get the better of you.

07e69b69253c14d985abbf1f26dd03fb

What To Do About It

On a whole, dreaming of your crush shows that you have an unresolved issue with him in real life, namely that he’s only your crush and not your boyfriend. You need to take action in the real world by attempting to get closer to him to see if a relationship is on the cards or not. Either way, your dreams about him are likely to grow fewer, if not stop altogether, as you start to live out your fantasy of speaking to him in everyday life. Chances are, you’ll be happier for it too. Instead of waking up feeling slightly hollow every morning seeing as your dream was only a dream, you’ll end each day feeling fulfilled that you spoke to him.

Try reading my article How To Get Your Crush To Like You for tips on how to interact with your crush in real life. As much as we’d all like to, we can’t go on dreaming forever. It’s time to stop dreaming and start living so go out there and make your crush fall head over heels for you!

King

February 11, 2020 at 3:00 am

I had a dream like my crush doesn’t live near me she is far away so I wanted to meet her and in my dream I saw her.and talk to her like a normal conversation

February 11, 2020 at 11:16 pm

The dream reflects what you would like to have happen in your waking life. You miss your crush in your waking life and want to talk to her, so it only makes sense that your subconscious would have this occur in your dream.

Doodle Fruit

February 10, 2020 at 8:10 pm

I had a dream that my crush appeared out of a cake on Cinco de Mayo and we held hands on the bleachers of our old high school gym.I’m pretty sure the holding hands is the important part though.

February 10, 2020 at 8:48 pm

I think the dream just shows that you want to be with your crush, and you want your crush to like you back. Since the dream only shows your own subconscious thoughts and feelings, there is no way to know from the dream how your crush actually feels in your waking life. You can always hope though!

pixel

February 8, 2020 at 8:04 am

I had a dream that my crush dated one of my friends, and someone close in my life told my crush to ask my friend to be his valentine out of pity, so he did ask her and she said yes. (My crush is a he, friend is a she) I was just sitting by and watching this happen. They both asked if I was okay with them dating, to which I responded “oh yeah of course, as long as you guys are happy..” and my friend knows I like him so I wonder why she didn’t ask me before saying yes. In a later scene, a girl appears in this place and she talks with my crush, something about them going to prom together and how she isn’t his valentine. He responded with “no I like *my friends name* and she is my valentine..” while grabbing her hand. I heard all of this and I kind of felt sad, because it felt like some form of betrayal from my friend and close person in my life.

February 8, 2020 at 11:41 am

Your dream is a sign of the various social and emotional relationships that you are navigating at this time. You are interested in maintaining a relationship with your crush, but you are aware that he may be interested in other people as well. Determine what you want for your future. If you want to nourish this relationship, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings.

rocky

February 7, 2020 at 10:04 am

Thanks sir share this information. I really…… love this post.. herinterest.com one the best blog….

February 7, 2020 at 5:53 pm

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the article. Thanks for commenting!

angelt

February 2, 2020 at 8:17 pm

I had a dream about siting next to my class in the classroom and the next day the teacher put him right next to my side and I also had a dream of hugging him then holding on to his back when he was riding me home in a bike we can feel the wind in the late night sky it was awesome it felt so real.

February 3, 2020 at 8:11 pm

This dream is a reflection of various aspects of your life. It is possible that you are interested in maintaining a relationship with your crush. You may feel that your teacher is capable of supporting you in regard to your social relationships.

Alivia

January 27, 2020 at 9:36 pm

I had a dream that my boyfriend and I were holding hands and hugging. But in real life, we aren’t really that way. I want to hold his hand but we have only been together for four months. I think that’s too early to start holding hands. But am I wrong? My boyfriend has appeared in my dreams a lot before too but this was the first time that I dreamt I was actually touching him.

January 29, 2020 at 4:48 pm

The dream just shows what you would like to have happen. Considering you like him and he is already dating you, it sounds like you have the opportunity to make your dream come true sometime in the future! Now, you just have to wait until you are comfortable enough with the relationship to make a move and hold his hand. Good luck!

Lillian Valla

January 30, 2020 at 1:36 am

I dreamt that I was late to a class I had in school, he was in that class too. I sat myself at a desk and the teacher asked me “[my name], can you answer that?”. I just replied “No”. Then later I saw where my crush was seated. He stood up and walked to the people sitting behind me who were asking him for help. I looked down in my lap (I usually get shy around him). After some time the seat next to me became empty, and my crush sat down, but turned around to the ppl behind me to help them. I suddenly realized I was sitting very close to him, so I scooted away. Then suddenly we were in a room right next to the class, and he was talking to me. I just looked at him. We were close to each other. Then I leaned in, just a little bit, to see his reaction. He leaned in as well. And then he kissed me a little kiss, then leaned away. I leaned in again to kiss more. When we were done he asked me why I hadn’t done that before. I didn’t have an answer. We went in to the classroom again, late. I wondered if anyone saw us kissing, and then I just thought no one probably saw us.

There were other details as well in the dream, like a girl kissing me, saying I was a good kisser. She tasted very bad to kiss. Then my crush came to us and said “now it’s my turn to kiss her”, and I was worried that the girl I kissed had rubbed of some of that bad taste on my mouth, so I said that I needed some gum first.

February 3, 2020 at 11:26 pm

It seems that you are interested in maintaining a romantic relationship with your crush. You may be interested in women as well, and you are likely navigating your feelings. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and speak with whoever about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish that relationship by spending additional time together in person.

Wtvr

January 27, 2020 at 5:07 pm

I had a dream me and my crush were sitting side by side on the floor and she asked me something about who I think is the prettiest between our teammates and after I replied saying she was I told her “what are we both doing we obviously like each other” to which she replied to by saying “obviously?” And by holding my hand and kissing me on the cheek, then it ended up with us kissing.

January 27, 2020 at 6:46 pm

The dream shows your desire to be close to your crush and to have her respond positively to you. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing from just a dream if a crush likes you back or not, although it is entirely possible. If you want to find out if she is actually interested in you or not, try making a move and see how she responds.

Bana karakche

January 24, 2020 at 11:04 pm

Last night i dream about my crush and we was in an exam than i said to the teacher i want a pen then my crush came and gave it to me but not in a good way then when everyone gave the papers to the teacher the paper was with me and then i looked at him and i say i need you to help me he came and asked me how can i help you and i pointed to the question that i need then he read it and he says i really can remember i am so sorry and then he left me alone then i wake up

January 25, 2020 at 9:55 pm

The dream shows that you want to receive some kind of message or sign from your crush. Considering who he is, I imagine the sign you want to see is whether he likes you or not. Your dream can only represent what is going on in your subconscious mind, so there’s no way to know if he is interested or not unless you make a move in real life! Good luck!

sarah

January 27, 2020 at 2:38 am

what does it mean when i am playing with my crushes hand (like the crush let me but not my friend) and my crush is blushing and smiling and stuff?

January 27, 2020 at 7:19 pm

It means you wish your crush would respond like this in your waking life. Your subconscious mind can only show your own thoughts, feelings and desires, so there is no way for a dream to show how someone else feels unless you actually know how they feel.

Ruby Fink

January 28, 2020 at 11:39 am

Had a dream where I was dreaming of a guy I’ve known for years saying while he cared for me I should try to find other people to be with. I started crying and he held me close and kissed me on the head.

January 28, 2020 at 9:52 pm

Thank you for sharing your supportive comment.

Jaz

January 23, 2020 at 6:23 pm

I had a dream that my crush was behind me and he put his arms around my shoulders and then he kissed me on the cheek. Then, while he was walking away, he said “We can’t be together until we stop caring” but I don’t know if it means anything.

January 24, 2020 at 11:30 am

This dream is a sign that you are interested in maintaining a relationship with your crush. The statement could be a sign that there is an emotional relationship that you are thinking about, and it is possible that he is managing a similar concern in his life.

Mint

January 23, 2020 at 3:57 pm

Last night I had a pretty weird dream, so this morning in my dream it was 5:59 and I didn’t know the time and there was nothing in the dream to show the time I was just in a big room with big white walls surrounding me. Then since my mom wakes me up at 6 for school before she came in the room in big black bold letters on the wall in front kf me it said “Your Crush Likes You!” then I woke up cause my mom woke me up by then and it was still 6 when she did wake me up. This dream probably means nothing tho since it was pretty random.😂

January 24, 2020 at 11:33 am

The dream most likely occurred because you wish your crush would like you, so you dreamed that it happened. If you want to find out how your crush feels in your waking life, make a move and see what happens! Good luck!

Mint

January 24, 2020 at 11:48 am

Yep! Thank you we might actually start hanging out out of school and just durinf school hours!

Mint

January 24, 2020 at 11:49 am

And not just during*

Ciao

January 25, 2020 at 7:01 pm

This night I have a dream that my crush put his arms around my shoulders and he’s behind me, we kissed on the lips and after that he kissed me all over my face then I woke up.

January 25, 2020 at 9:31 pm

The dream shows what you wish would happen. Since he responded romantically in the dream, it shows your subconscious mind is hopeful that he could like you back in real life if he really gave you a chance. Unfortunately, there is no way to know how he actually feels in real life or not, but you can always try making a move to find out!

Cris

January 21, 2020 at 3:16 pm

What is it mean when you dream about a girl that my crush and we are like have a relationship together and i just can’t forget my dreams of her. Unlike other dreams that i can easily forget is she misses me or she just dream of me too?

January 21, 2020 at 6:08 pm

Unless you know how someone feels, it is impossible for your subconscious mind to know how they feel. Instead, it just shows the thoughts, feelings and desires that are going on within your own subconscious mind.

Maria

January 29, 2020 at 4:17 am

I have a crush. But he is like 20 and I am 14 but he always smilies at me and looks me up and down while biting his lip and licking them And I had tons of dreams about me and him kissing and he has a girlfriend

Maria

January 29, 2020 at 4:21 am

I had like 7 dreams about him and one of them was inappropriate. And they was all at skate city. But he had a girlfriend for 3 years but always looks me up and down. And one time he was caring pizzas with both of his hands and he was right behind me and I turned around and he was standing right behind me he didn’t even go around

January 29, 2020 at 3:41 pm

There are numerous reasons why this relationship is not viable. Depending on the laws of your country, this relationship may be illegal. He is currently in a relationship, so you should not attempt to nourish an emotional connection with him. Allow thoughts of him to fade, and determine what you want for your future without him.

January 29, 2020 at 3:41 pm

BeBe

January 20, 2020 at 6:53 am

I recently had a dream that my crush happened to be in, and it was strange, because all I did was turn around and we had this weird handshake and he wouldn’t let my hand go. It was pretty funny.

January 20, 2020 at 12:07 pm

The dream probably represents your subconscious thoughts and feelings. You want him to make a move and be so interested in you that he can’t let you go, so you dreamed that this happened as well.

Lily

January 19, 2020 at 7:20 am

I had a dream that I saw a picture of him being a kid and there was his full name below it. Might sound a bit weird or something…

January 20, 2020 at 12:40 pm

Perhaps your subconscious mind feels like you’d have had a better chance with him if you could just go back in time and get to know him at a younger age. It is also possible that the dream shows your desire to learn all about him and get to know his past.

Margot

January 19, 2020 at 4:39 am

Hi so I’m my dream my crush and I was on a school trip to a ski lodge for a day and we went into this room to learn the safety information and he had his legs up on the Coffey table and my friend was sitting next to him and I asked her if she wanted to sit with me and my crush said she was just helping me practice for my big moment whit the girl I like and I said what girl we were talking that whole time during the safety meeting and after we all left the room and and as I left he was right behind me and he grabbed my hand and pulled me aside and said too bad the girl I like doesn’t like me back and I kissed him. What dose that mean?!

January 20, 2020 at 2:02 pm

Your feelings for your crush have caused this dream to manifest. It is possible that you want to maintain a relationship with him, so make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well.

Vanessa

January 17, 2020 at 10:00 pm

Ive had a dream on my crush for two days in a row. In real life I kinda of stalked his ig acc and it used to be in public now its private. He deleted my friends that followed him. We both used to follow each other but he unfollowed me a day after so I did the same. He talks to my parents and says hi to them but never to me. In my dream he confessed to my parents that he liked me and I accepted it. The second dream was him becoming my tutor and we got closer by talking to another. But in real life our conversation is of minimal but if not none at all. I’ve liked him for over 1.5 yrs but I’m still at school and he’s in uni. I should be concentrating in my university entrance exam. I don’t know what to do. These dreams are only a portion of the dreams I’ve had of him.

January 18, 2020 at 10:35 am

The dreams happen because you like him and you want him to like you back. It’s impossible for a dream to show how someone else feels unless you already know how they feel. Unfortunately, it sounds like he isn’t interested in real life. It might be hard to move on, but it might be a good idea to focus your romantic energy somewhere else.

Disha

January 17, 2020 at 1:34 am

Hy, so me and my crush have a hard time facing each other daily because let me say in a sentence : “she turned down my proposal.” But i keep on dreaming about her almost every night but it’s starting to scare me now. But one day i dreamed her kissing me and i felt it so real..I could feel her touch too. And those magical tingles are still there. It felt so real but i know it’ll only stay as a dream!

January 17, 2020 at 11:50 am

The dreams represent what you would like to happen and how you want her to respond. Hopefully, her feelings will change someday and you’ll get to experience this in real life. Until then, you can either hope her feelings change or move on to someone else. Good luck!

Alexandra

January 16, 2020 at 1:06 pm

I dream last night that my crush is confessing but im confuse because i dont know if he is confessing or not but if he is confessing in my dream i ignoring him in my dream

January 17, 2020 at 1:22 pm

He probably confessed to liking you in the dream because that’s what you’d like to have happen in real life. Your dream self may have ignored him because you aren’t actually ready for that to happen in real life, or perhaps your subconscious mind thinks that this isn’t actually possible in your waking life.

####

January 18, 2020 at 7:21 am

I dream last night my Crush invited me to his wedding but stopped the wedding to be in a relationship with me.BTW it felt like reality 🙂

January 18, 2020 at 10:19 am

The dream most likely shows the fact that you like your crush, but you don’t feel like he actually wants to be with you yet. He starts out the dream with someone else because you feel as if he could be interested in someone else in your waking life. He ends the dream with you because that’s what you’d like to have happen in real life.

P

January 13, 2020 at 6:38 pm

I had a dream I was in a greenhouse. All of a sudden I look up and there’s my crush. He looked at me and smiled. Then we started talking, I started giggling, and he held my hand.

IRL: him and I aren’t that close. We’ve never been close. We are family friends, so we’ve known each other since we were little but I don’t see him often. I’ve had a crush on him since 4th grade. When we were in middle school, he always teased me, made me laugh, and wanted to hang out with me. But I have so much social anxiety, I was really mean to him and I ignored him sometimes. Also, we were young so what can I say. But now, if I go over his house, he doesn’t even say hi to me.

January 13, 2020 at 7:40 pm

The dream shows your past feelings for him and what you wish would have happened back then. It may reflect your current feelings, but it may just represent your previous feelings for him. Either way, the only way a dream can show how he can feel is if you already know his feelings.

Elvira

January 13, 2020 at 10:08 pm

I dreamt about kissing my crush. The thing is, he rejected me last week.

January 14, 2020 at 12:27 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional connection with your crush. However, you are aware that he rejected you, so it is unlikely that he is interested in maintaining a relationship with you. If he speaks with you in person in the future, then share your thoughts and feelings with him at that time.

Chi

January 10, 2020 at 9:26 pm

I used to have a crush on this boy in my church. I decided to stop liking him and move on recently because I felt like he didn’t make any effort into speaking to me although he was always staring at me. Last Sunday, it looked as if he was about to come up to me but I had left church already before I realized that. This past week I’ve just been having very vivid dreams of him chasing after me and trying to form a bond . I dreamt about him two times yesterday infact (In the afternoon and night). I’m seeing him tomorrow and I don’t know whether he’s still feels the same way. Please what do these dreams mean and what do you suggest I do if I see him at church tomorrow. Thank you and love your blog!

January 11, 2020 at 11:23 am

It is certainly possible that he is interested in maintaining a relationship with you. If you are interested in him, then speak with him. If not, then focus your energy elsewhere.

Hannah

January 12, 2020 at 7:21 am

I had a dream I was at a summer camp at night with me, my crush and my friend. as we were walking near the lake, I tripped and fell into the lake, my crush jumped into the lake and saved me. As I was drying up, the camp directors were yelling at me and I started arguing, until I started insulting them. I told one director “that’s why you don’t have a boyfriend”.he starred at me and said “well if you’re so brave kiss your crush” so I did and it was like a movie. 🦋

January 12, 2020 at 10:57 pm

The dream seems to be a reflection of your desire to be with your crush. The director pushed you to make a move in the dream because your subconscious mind is trying to push you into making a move in real life.

Abasa

January 23, 2020 at 6:31 pm

I always see my crush on my dreams but suddenly he was silent, no more words come from his mouth. Sometimes, I’m lying down his chest and I only hug him. Sometimes, he was with my parents and helping them in the house. I confess my feelings on him through chatting but he was rejected me too. Is He hate me? He ignoring me too. One thing I can’t forget about him, he was my first sight at first love. I don’t care if I like him, I don’t want this feeling of love in my heart still care.

January 24, 2020 at 11:28 am

These dreams do not mean that he doesn’t want to maintain a relationship with you, but rather they indicate that you are interested in maintaining a relationship with him. You may feel uncertain about his feelings toward you, and this may be why he wasn’t communicating with you in the dream.

Aya

January 23, 2020 at 6:31 pm

January 24, 2020 at 11:28 am

Kelvin Jong

January 9, 2020 at 4:32 pm

I had a dream about my crush. I was with my friend trying to get home and I decided to pass by her house. When I went inside her house I saw her standing in the compound in pain. Her eyes look red and I could sense something was wrong. When I expressed how worried I was to her she was surprised. She later explained why she was feeling that way. I comforted her with my words and with a pat on the back. We rounded off the conversation with a quick kiss, if felt so real. But as I left I realized she has a guy in reality so I didn’t know why she kissed me.

January 9, 2020 at 6:56 pm

The dream just shows what you would like to happen and how you wish your crush would respond. It merely reflects your subconscious hopes and desires. The only way to know how she feels in real life is to make a move and see what happens. Good luck!