What Does It Mean When You Dream About Your Crush?

By on December 29, 2013

On average every one of us dreams seven times per night. We might not even realise it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. All too often people don’t realise this and claim to never dream, not realising how statistically unlikely that actually is. Since you’re reading this, I think it’s safe to say however that you’re not one of those people. I’m going to take a shot and say that you remember your dreams quite a lot, perhaps most nights, and I’m going to take another shot and say that a lot of them feature a certain, very special, someone.

But what does it mean when your crush keeps popping up in your dreams? Why is it that he just can’t contain himself to real life, why is he flaunting himself in your dreams too? Here’s your answer…

d56990db4fc535c74d556da911baf6dc

The Why

‘The why’ in ‘why is your crush dream stalking you?’ is simple – you’re thinking about him in your waking hours and unable to forget about him when you switch off for the night. When we sleep our subconscious gets free reign and in that time it paints us pictures using the people, objects, places and scenarios we’ve been thinking of when we were awake.

There’s not much else to the why, like I said, it’s simple. You’re focussing on him while you’re awake and your subconscious is simply playing on that fact and creating a dream from it.

What It Means

Depending on your beliefs and whether or not you’re superstitious, dreams can either mean nothing or they can mean everything. They can hide clues to the future or your deepest desires or they can simply be nothing more than your mind playing a trick on you. If you don’t believe dreams hold clues to our futures or insights into our souls then I suggest you skip over this section, it may not be for you.

Here’s a few common dreams that may include your crush and what they are commonly interpreted to mean…

To dream you are kissing your crush symbolizes love, affectation and harmony. Your mind is expressing your waking desire to be close to this person and form some sort of attachment, in this case a relationship.

07469d4fc2fc05a8df62a38156ee323c

Don’t panic if you and your crush were arguing in a dream. This doesn’t mean you aren’t compatible as a couple. Arguing in a dream can symbolize tension and that you are trying to resolve an internal conflict. In this case, it’s likely your mind trying to tell you how frustrated it is that your crush is nothing more than a crush. It could show that your mind is ready for the two of you to become more than friends.

If you receive a love note or letter in your dream means that there could be a new relationship ahead of you. It also however symbolizes that you are insecure about something and need reassurance about your feelings or relationship. My advice in this situation is to be hopeful but beware, don’t let your insecurities get the better of you.

07e69b69253c14d985abbf1f26dd03fb

What To Do About It

On a whole, dreaming of your crush shows that you have an unresolved issue with him in real life, namely that he’s only your crush and not your boyfriend. You need to take action in the real world by attempting to get closer to him to see if a relationship is on the cards or not. Either way, your dreams about him are likely to grow fewer, if not stop altogether, as you start to live out your fantasy of speaking to him in everyday life. Chances are, you’ll be happier for it too. Instead of waking up feeling slightly hollow every morning seeing as your dream was only a dream, you’ll end each day feeling fulfilled that you spoke to him.

Try reading my article How To Get Your Crush To Like You for tips on how to interact with your crush in real life. As much as we’d all like to, we can’t go on dreaming forever. It’s time to stop dreaming and start living so go out there and make your crush fall head over heels for you!

Lolipop

January 4, 2020 at 3:34 am

Hi,
    I had a dream or my old crush (who new that I liked him a few years later and I still didnt want him to know) who came to see me and told me “Why didn’t you told me you loved me before, it could have worked.”. When I woke up I was so impressed by the dream and how true it could be.
    But does that mean it is true or not ? And what does it mean ?

January 4, 2020 at 3:54 pm

The dream represents your subconscious feelings. Clearly, your subconscious thinks that the relationship could have worked, but there is no way to actually know how your crush felt or if it would have worked.

Gela

December 30, 2019 at 5:03 pm

I dreamt of him being so clingy to me, his always holding my hand, giving me a hug. And we are always running. People are asking if we are together..and I keep on saying we are just friends. In real life we always see each other. And he’s already committed to someone, but we have this strong connection but we entertain the feeling because his cases and mine.

January 1, 2020 at 12:43 pm

The dream shows you feel his support and affection, even if he can’t act on that affection in real life. If he’s ever single, try asking him out because many of the best relationships started as just friendships!

c

December 29, 2019 at 11:14 pm

alright so i’ve been having constant dreams of my crush.
    one of them was a school setting. i asked for his number and he looked kinda flustered and gave it to me.
    now out of the dream, i made a move and asked for his number irl. he said “yeah sure” and looked a little taken aback by what i just asked and stuff.
    last thing.
    my best friend had a dream that i was dating my crush and we were holding hands while giving her a ride to somewhere.
    i have no clue what any of these things mean but it would be great if i could get some help or interpretations! thanks

January 1, 2020 at 12:56 pm

The dreams happened because of all the thoughts you keep having of your crush and the hope that he could like you. Your friend knows what is going on and hears you talk about him, which is why she also had a similar dream.

Teagan

December 29, 2019 at 8:20 am

I dreamt that I went on this field trip/trip to a country but I barely remember that part. On our way home though we stopped at this road closed it off and hung around. I find the guy I like out of nowhere, he starts talking about some blood disorder he haves and then we without even thinking end up sitting right next to each other and over time I end up sitting on his knee facing towards him. Our convorsations were really deep and went on for a while and then at the end, he tells me hes going to be cleaning the trucks that we came once we arrived home and offered if I can come. It felt very real and like we had both a strong romantic and friendship connection.

January 2, 2020 at 3:59 pm

It seems that you are interested in nourishing a romantic relationship with him. When appropriate, speak with him about your thoughts and feelings.

Chng

December 29, 2019 at 7:35 am

So i dreamt that my primary school friend guy confess to me in dream and when he was about to kiss me i woke up. In real life im not close to him nor im his friends. After this dream i kinda cant get him out if my head and keep thinking about him. Before that i do have a crush on my pri sch friend for 6 years but i have completely given up on him but noe i feel like i kinda like him now

January 2, 2020 at 4:01 pm

It seems that you need to make a decision about what you want for your future. Nourish a relationship that you believe is viable and appropriate.

ella

December 29, 2019 at 5:55 am

I have a crush on a classmate that I rarely talk to. Out of the blue, I had a dream where the two of us were best friends with a completely platonic relationship – in the dream, we did not have any romantic feelings towards one another and got along dashingly just as friends. What could this potentially mean?

January 2, 2020 at 4:04 pm

It is possible that you are interested in developing a relationship with your classmate. Determine what you want for your future and take appropriate action.

Hayley

December 24, 2019 at 1:54 pm

I had a dream where my crush took me by the wrist and showed me to a mirror, what does that mean?

January 5, 2020 at 9:48 am

Perhaps the crush and mirror are your subconscious mind’s way of telling you to reflect on your personal qualities and to see that you already have the traits you need to make a move and find out how your crush feels in your real life.

Sophie

December 23, 2019 at 1:01 am

Ok so Hello !
    That was my first dream about him and it was really weird and not comfortable at all.
    So I’m with my mon at a kind of stand with sandwiches and the man cuts me an other piece of sandwich I didm’t even ask and gives it to me. Then HE came behind my back and says what he usually say when we meet. we laughed a lot about this thing in réal Life. ”aaah how’s my Poutine loin’ ?” We love imitating the Canadian accent.
    So then We Start to walk on the Beach and I realize, my mother dissapeard of the story well that was weird.
    And I say ” wow look there’s a friend of your ex girl !” i don’t know why I said that but whatever, well he tells me that he came with them (all the Friends of her). Then we meet his ex girl and They just hold hands in the pool WITH ME in the pool. I Felt so lonely but so happy for him because he was asking for help to me in real life with all the issues he had. Then we get out of the pool and his ex girl broke something. she just stayed and my rush and me are helping her to find the pieces of the broken sunglasses. So then we just all go to est and I see so many faces of my old school and it’s embarrassing. I see my English teacher and I ask for help. she doesn’t reply me so I go and sit alone.
    I wait for like 1 hour and then one of my old friends came and sat next to me without saying a word.

December 24, 2019 at 9:16 am

It sounds like you like him, but you also like him enough that you want him to be happy. Your subconscious mind may be concerned that you are not actually the right person for him, which is why he ends up with his ex. Thankfully, this dream only reflects your subconscious worries and feelings, so there is no way to know what will actually happen in your waking life! Good luck!

Gabriella

December 22, 2019 at 10:41 pm

I had a dream where I was in a school setting. I guess it was like a lecture and during this lecture my crush and I would be affectionate towards each other. For instance we would hold hands, he would put his arm around my shoulders, and I would also lean against him. But then I immediately thought in the dream that we are not together, therefore I cannot do what I was doing so I stopped. Afterwards he moved seats and had his arm wraped around another girl. I don’t know what this means.

December 24, 2019 at 9:22 am

The start of the dream shows that you are hopeful your crush could like you if he really gave you a chance. The fact that he ends up with another girl at the end of the dream seems to indicate your concerns that he may end up with someone other than you. Thankfully, a dream is just a dream, so you still have a chance with your crush in real life! Good luck!

Gabriella

December 22, 2019 at 10:40 pm

I had a dream where I was in a school setting. I guess it was like a lecture and during this lecture my crush and I would be affectionate towards each other. For instance we would hold hands, he would put his arm around my shoulders, and I would also lean against him. But then I immediately thought in the dream that we are not together, therefore I cannot do what I was doing so I stopped. Afterwards he moved seats and had his arm wraped around another girl. I don’t know if I got this dream based off of my desire to have him or the force of not letting myself have him in real life.

December 24, 2019 at 10:22 am

It seems that you are considering a relationship with this person. You are aware that if you choose to not establish a relationship with him, it is certain that he will develop a relationship with someone else. It is possible that you have noticed that he is maintaining other close social relationships. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Gabriella!

Sj

December 19, 2019 at 5:21 pm

Okay so I “met” him this year and I started to realize that I liked something about him physically so I told my friend and they were excited or whatever. So one of my first dreams about this person was kinda weird but it was of me laying in his lap and we were drinking hot chocolate and he was talking to me so sweet and I immediately woke up and I had the biggest smile on my face and started to research what it meant when you dream of your crush. This has been happening for some months now and I just really want some kind of answer. PLZ HELP !

December 22, 2019 at 10:55 pm

The dream is just a sign that you like him and are attracted to him. When you have a crush on someone, it is quite normal to dream that you are dating them or with them in a romantic way. Unfortunately, a dream can only show the state of your subconscious mind, so there is no way to know how he feels in real life. You can always hope though!

Tatyana

December 17, 2019 at 1:40 pm

So this was yesterday when this happend to me and yesterday was my crushes birthday and me and him are friends I had a dream that night and so there where two hearts floating around they where… pink and my head/thoughts where telling me to grave them so I did and then my head told me two wish for something so I did I wished that my crush would love me forever so then in the dream the next day my crush was by my locker at school with presents and in them where all the things I liked and he was holding this sign saying be mine and he told me that he wanted me to be his and I told him that I had to think about it and he gave me a hug and after that his friends came ovr and said that he was acting weird and he was he was so happy and super hyper what does this mean?

Sophia

December 16, 2019 at 3:33 am

So basically, I have a crush on my friend – we talked a lot and for a moment, I think he likes me. And during school trip, he invited me to sat next to him on the bus. However, for about 60 minutes – I had spend the last 25 minutes on my phone (and the rest of the time I talked to him though) and I think he got offended by that which leads to the tragic that he’s avoiding me, please give me advice for what should I do. 🙁

Sophia

December 16, 2019 at 3:35 am

I know that this has nothing relate to dream but please help me, I’m desperate.

January 5, 2020 at 10:38 am

He is in a new relationship and you are over him, so allow thoughts of him to fade. If he appears in your future dreams, then address him within the dream regarding his purpose.

January 5, 2020 at 10:40 am

During your time together, you spent nearly half of the time ignoring him. Because of this, he likely determined that you don’t like him. Make an opportunity to speak with him about your thoughts and feelings.

Linda

December 15, 2019 at 5:58 am

I had a dream that I was in this room and I had kissed my crush on the cheek but it had seemed that he was leaning into the kiss, The kiss was from the side, it felt sweet, I have been thinking of him lately.

January 5, 2020 at 10:46 am

The feelings that you have for your crush are growing. Determine what you feel is appropriate and viable. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well.

kit kat

December 8, 2019 at 6:30 pm

my dream came true i was im the band room and i went to sit next to him and we were there for 2 periods so we needed to find a seat next to echother then next thing i know im laying on his shoulder and it came true we have been together for a month now

January 11, 2020 at 12:05 pm

It is clear that you and your crush feel a strong social relationship. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and speak with him about your thoughts and feelings.

Jennifer

December 5, 2019 at 10:53 am

I had a dream where I was sitting in front of my crush and his shoulder like pushed me against the wall where he was sitting, I sat by him and he sat by me and his friend. I placed my hand on the ground and he was about to touch it but moved his hand away I heard his friend say “c’mon man” after that I opened my palm and felt his hand on my palm, he held it for a while and he let it go after he let it go he said “Haha I pranked you” i’m really confused by what he mean

January 17, 2020 at 2:46 pm

The dream shows that you like your crush, and you wish that you could be around him more. He ends up telling you he pranked you in the dream because your subconscious mind is afraid to hope that he could actually like you. The dream only shows what is going on within your subconscious mind so there’s no way of knowing if he likes you back in real life or not. If you want to find out, make a move and see what happens! Good luck!

Sapphire

November 25, 2019 at 9:38 pm

Last night, I had a dream where I was at a fast food restaurant with my family and friend. I saw my crush and his friends. His friends were already sitting down when my crush got his food. I was sitting at the table in front of them. When my crush came and his friends were calling for him, I waved to him and he sat down in the empty chair in front of me and we started talking. I introduced him to my family. So instead of sitting with his friends, he sat with me. My dream went on longer but my crush wasn’t in the rest. Please help me figure out what this means. Thank you.

January 27, 2020 at 7:39 pm

The dream shows you want your crush to show interest in you and to even become a part of your family. Unfortunately, a dream only shows your own thoughts, feelings and desires, so it is impossible for it to show how someone else feels unless you already know how they feel in your waking life.

xinle

November 24, 2019 at 7:34 pm

i dreamt about me having a group of friends (including my crush) in my house and they planned to sleep and i agreed.when i go inside my room, i saw my crush and one of his friend sleep on my bed (btw my bed is a king size tho) and then everyone joined them . when i am on my bed , i felt someone holding my leg and i asked who ,no one replied but someone stopped holding my leg then everyone prepare to sleep and i say wait i have to play some music and my crush agreed to me then we all sleep together and my hands were touching my crush hands

xinle

November 24, 2019 at 7:58 pm

i mean one of my hand accidentally touching his and end up holding hands.

January 27, 2020 at 8:06 pm

It seems that are you maintaining many social relationships. The people who appeared in this dream may be indications of your emotional desires. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and take whatever action that you feel is appropriate.

xinle

November 24, 2019 at 7:59 pm

i mean one of my hand accidentally touching his and end up holding hands. i knew my crush from my tuition and i barely talk with him and i think he only knows i exist that’s all

January 27, 2020 at 8:06 pm

January 27, 2020 at 8:06 pm

Thomas

November 23, 2019 at 4:39 pm

I’ve dreamt about my crush and it 2as a reoccurring thing where I could see her but she couldn’t see me but I recently had a dream about her and in it she finally saw me and then we just started making out. What does this mean?

February 4, 2020 at 12:13 am

This dream is a reflection of your emotional thoughts regarding your crush. Make a decision about what you feel is appropriate, and speak with her about your thoughts and feelings. Strengthen your connection by spending additional time together.

Ariana

November 21, 2019 at 12:30 pm

So at the first week I met him we talk like ALL the time and we back a couple but then he said we would be better of as friends now he just started ignoring me .So he said he didn’t feel a spark right now and we use to talk for hours like at school call text ect, but now he won’t talk, look , or text me back . And today my friend came up to him and said I liked him . Then I came up and his friend said he like me so now I just don’t know . HELPPP

February 4, 2020 at 2:41 am

It seems that you are navigating a difficult social situation. You may want to speak with everyone in your life about your thoughts and feelings. This will help everyone reach a conclusion that is agreeable.