What Does It Mean When You Dream About Your Crush?

By on December 29, 2013

On average every one of us dreams seven times per night. We might not even realise it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. All too often people don’t realise this and claim to never dream, not realising how statistically unlikely that actually is. Since you’re reading this, I think it’s safe to say however that you’re not one of those people. I’m going to take a shot and say that you remember your dreams quite a lot, perhaps most nights, and I’m going to take another shot and say that a lot of them feature a certain, very special, someone.

But what does it mean when your crush keeps popping up in your dreams? Why is it that he just can’t contain himself to real life, why is he flaunting himself in your dreams too? Here’s your answer…

d56990db4fc535c74d556da911baf6dc

The Why

‘The why’ in ‘why is your crush dream stalking you?’ is simple – you’re thinking about him in your waking hours and unable to forget about him when you switch off for the night. When we sleep our subconscious gets free reign and in that time it paints us pictures using the people, objects, places and scenarios we’ve been thinking of when we were awake.

There’s not much else to the why, like I said, it’s simple. You’re focussing on him while you’re awake and your subconscious is simply playing on that fact and creating a dream from it.

What It Means

Depending on your beliefs and whether or not you’re superstitious, dreams can either mean nothing or they can mean everything. They can hide clues to the future or your deepest desires or they can simply be nothing more than your mind playing a trick on you. If you don’t believe dreams hold clues to our futures or insights into our souls then I suggest you skip over this section, it may not be for you.

Here’s a few common dreams that may include your crush and what they are commonly interpreted to mean…

To dream you are kissing your crush symbolizes love, affectation and harmony. Your mind is expressing your waking desire to be close to this person and form some sort of attachment, in this case a relationship.

07469d4fc2fc05a8df62a38156ee323c

Don’t panic if you and your crush were arguing in a dream. This doesn’t mean you aren’t compatible as a couple. Arguing in a dream can symbolize tension and that you are trying to resolve an internal conflict. In this case, it’s likely your mind trying to tell you how frustrated it is that your crush is nothing more than a crush. It could show that your mind is ready for the two of you to become more than friends.

If you receive a love note or letter in your dream means that there could be a new relationship ahead of you. It also however symbolizes that you are insecure about something and need reassurance about your feelings or relationship. My advice in this situation is to be hopeful but beware, don’t let your insecurities get the better of you.

07e69b69253c14d985abbf1f26dd03fb

What To Do About It

On a whole, dreaming of your crush shows that you have an unresolved issue with him in real life, namely that he’s only your crush and not your boyfriend. You need to take action in the real world by attempting to get closer to him to see if a relationship is on the cards or not. Either way, your dreams about him are likely to grow fewer, if not stop altogether, as you start to live out your fantasy of speaking to him in everyday life. Chances are, you’ll be happier for it too. Instead of waking up feeling slightly hollow every morning seeing as your dream was only a dream, you’ll end each day feeling fulfilled that you spoke to him.

Try reading my article How To Get Your Crush To Like You for tips on how to interact with your crush in real life. As much as we’d all like to, we can’t go on dreaming forever. It’s time to stop dreaming and start living so go out there and make your crush fall head over heels for you!

Addy

September 2, 2019 at 5:55 pm

I had a dream where I was sat next to my crush in class and he started to get closer and just put his head on my shoulder as if he was upset or something and then he hugged me and stayed there, and my friend asked me if he was okay and I just shrugged and smiled and let him stay on my shoulder because I felt like he really needed it. I was getting the nervous butterfly feeling in my stomach in the dream as well.

September 2, 2019 at 10:05 pm

Your social and emotional desires in regards to your crush have appeared in this dream. It seems that you want to be supportive to this person. You have strong feelings for him, and you want him to have those feelings for you. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Addy!

Maria

September 2, 2019 at 6:50 am

I had a dream that he was holding my hand and that he liked me. Please tell me what this means and fast.

Maria

September 2, 2019 at 6:54 am

and also this goes along with the last one when he held my hand it felt so real. And when we talked it felt like I was actually talking to him.

September 2, 2019 at 9:22 pm

This dream is an indication of your emotional desires in regards to your crush. It is possible that he is interested in maintaining a relationship with you as well. Determine what you want for your future, and speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Maria!

September 2, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Lily

September 2, 2019 at 4:20 am

I had a dream of my crush and I talking to each other and hanging out
    But in real life we only talk in class but I catch him starring at me and sometimes smiling and we he talk he messes with his feet and looks down sometimes

September 2, 2019 at 9:13 pm

The two of you speak in class and your often catch him looking at you. This may be a sign that he is attracted to you or interested in maintaining a romantic relationship with you. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Lily!

Katie Limer

September 1, 2019 at 4:47 pm

I had a dream that my crush came up from behind mex a hugged me hard. Then he put his head on mine and that’s all I remember..

September 1, 2019 at 11:28 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires in regards to your crush. It is possible that you crush is interested in maintaining a relationship with you as well. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Katie!

Taylor

September 1, 2019 at 8:52 am

I had a dream that one day my dad decided to invite my crush over because my dad was going to leave me home alone and he wanted someone to protect me so I tell my crush he can play with my dad’s video games and stuff and he started off watching tv and then I was playing at my computer desk and out of nowhere he started to massage me on my shoulders and then when my dad got home I was like why did you do that and he said I just wanted to help a friend out and I said that’s not friend stuff and he said no it was just as a friend. What does that meaaaannnn

September 1, 2019 at 11:10 pm

This dream seems to be a manifestation of your emotional relationship with your father and your social relationship with your crush. It is possible that you are navigating changes in your relationships at this time. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Taylor!

Paola M

September 2, 2019 at 3:53 pm

I had a dream today that two friends went to get my crush and took him to me. I was trying to hide because I looked so bummy. But he still saw me then I said,” sorry I look sleepy and bummy “ he just smiled and I couldn’t hold to smile back😩. And I think he hugged me..

September 2, 2019 at 9:57 pm

The behaviors of your friends within this dream are indications that they may be supportive to you in regards to your relationships. It seems that you are interested in maintaining a relationship with your crush. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Paola!

Caterina

August 31, 2019 at 7:15 pm

I have had dreams about my crush for about a week now. At first he just sometimes showed up in my dreams. Nothing weird. Then he started talking to me in my dreams and flirting. Then at one point i was crying in his arms during my dream. Last night i had a dream amd he was in it. This time though, he asked me out. These dreams keep escalating and they dont stop when i wake up. If I go back to sleep the same dream continues. The dreams are so real. If I’m touching him i can acually feel it. If he talks its his exact voice. I am acually thinking in these dreams ans choosing what to say.

September 1, 2019 at 10:21 pm

These dreams are manifestations of your social and emotional desires. It seems that your feelings for your crush are growing. These powerful and interactive dreams may be a sign that he has similar feelings for you as well. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Caterina!

Jade Moscoe

August 31, 2019 at 8:49 am

Ok so the past few days I’ve been having the greatest dreams ever. But I had an amazing amazing dream last night about my crush Dexton and my friends at the beach house. I only wanted to be with him the whole time, and we had some good moments, but he didn’t really like my friends. We had some great time together. I think we made out a little, and we were at the beach. But then we were in a big house, crowded by people, and he was kinda just sitting alone, kinda unhappy, on this brown chair. Then he started talking to these other kids who weren’t my friends, and I was so jealous of this girl with this pink shirt on. They were all tall and kinda cute people. It kinda ended unknowingly, but I just think it wouldn’t work out bc of our friends. And that fucking sucks. Because it was so amazing while we had it. But I remember vividly this one moment of us at sunset at the beach, lying on each other and kissing. That is what I most vividly remember. And us walking, kinda with my friends on the sand; but we were further back. Help me figure out what this means, because I already had this premonition vision of him before we met, which I’ve never had with ANY of my crushes; and I’m just trying to figure all of this out.

September 1, 2019 at 9:53 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your social and emotional desires. The beach house may be a sign of places where you socialize with friends. The interactions between your crush and your friends may be an indication of tensions between them. It seems that you need to make a decision about what you want for your future. Make a decision about what you feel is appropriate. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Jade!

Miguel

September 4, 2019 at 8:39 am

I had a dream were my crush and a
      I all if a sudden were dating and after school we were riding the bus together

September 5, 2019 at 7:15 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires regarding your crush. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Miguel!

Tia

August 31, 2019 at 7:49 am

I had a dream that my crush and I bumped into each other at a track meeting (that’s where we first met 15 yrs ago) I seen his son and ran up and hugged him. His son was happy to see me as well. I took His son and his friends with me and my friends to get something to eat. We came back and his dad (my crush) was sitting on the bleachers waiting. He smiled at me. I said “Hey stranger. You dont invite us (my kids and myself) over ur house anymore” and he said “how do you know I still live there everything isn’t what it seems!”

September 1, 2019 at 9:44 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your previous emotional relationship with your crush. It is possible that your feelings for him are growing, and it is certainly possible that he has similar feelings for you. You may be interested in reaching out to him. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and take whatever action that you feel is appropriate. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Tia!

Sarina

August 29, 2019 at 8:35 pm

I had a dream that me and my crush were talking and eventually I start crying and he hugs me tight and we sit down and he just holds me while I’m crying and I say “why” and he says “everyone deserves someone who’ll hold them when they need to be held, and catch them when they fall. And if it ok I’d like to be one of those people for you.” I say “ok” and eventually I fall asleep in his arms and my mom comes to pick me up and he carries me to the car and as soon as he lets go I start saying things like “no don’t go. don’t leave me. I need you” and eventually I start yelling and screaming and so he comes home with me and I’m in my bed sleeping calmly but every time he tries to leave i start screaming again so my parents give him a pillow and some blankets so he can sleep in my room on the floor. I say his name and he’s like “yeah?” And I’m like “don’t sleep on the floor” and he’s like “but there’s nowhere else to sleep and you won’t let me leave. Do you won’t me to sleep in the chair?” I say “no don’t sleep on the floor or the chair.” I scoot over to the side of my bed and say “just sleep in the bed” he says “are you sure?” And I say “yes. Sleep in the bed.” So he does and at first we’re just side to side but eventually we’re cuddling. When I wake up in the morning in my dream he’s not there so in the dream I think I had a dream but I go downstairs and my mom is making breakfast and says “hey honey why don’t you and (my crush) some plates?” I look at the table and I see him and we eat and I wake up. What does it mean?

August 30, 2019 at 4:45 pm

This dream is a manifestation of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. It is clear that you want someone who is supportive. Your behaviors within your dream are signs that you want to maintain an emotionally and physically intimate relationship. His presence at your breakfast table is a sign that you want your parents to support your relationship. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship, and speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Sarina!

Arslan

August 29, 2019 at 5:00 am

Hi, I had a dream that I was laying in a bed, at my place, with my crush and we were just talking and talking about matters I don’t remember, but the core, she kept me asking if I was okay or not. I was feeling okay and I could really feel it as in a sense of awakness that she is laying by my side…..

August 30, 2019 at 3:58 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. It is possible that her questions within the dream are signs that you are uncertain about your feelings. This dream may have revealed your thoughts about her feelings toward you as well. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with her in person. Have a great day, Arslan!

Mariana

August 28, 2019 at 11:52 pm

I had a dream, where i could see the guy i like from work talking to his friend. His friend would tell him things like “you like her, stop acting like you don’t and just go for it” then out of nowhere I was in the room and his friend would tell the both of us to just go for it because we like it other and after that the guy I like and I look at each other and he was like “what you say, you wanna be my girlfriend?” And I just lean on and kiss him, we kind of kiss in a passionate way and then I woke up…

August 30, 2019 at 3:11 pm

Your dream is a manifestation of your social and emotional desires. You may feel that you have a strong social relationship with this person from work. It is possible that he may be interested in maintaining a romantic relationship with you. The passionate kiss could be a sign that you are very attracted to him. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Mariana!

Crystal

August 27, 2019 at 3:01 pm

I had a dream that my crush seemed to like me back and he tried at any moment to talk to me durning marching band practice. He is older than me so it felt really awkward when he did it in front if my friends. He kept smiling at me and trying to get close to me. I had dreams about him at band practice all night. Its been happening for a couple of days.

August 27, 2019 at 9:44 pm

Your dream dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. He may be interested in maintaining a relationship with you. His behaviors are indications that he wants to nourish your relationship. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Crystal!

Rosie

August 25, 2019 at 8:00 am

I had a dream about my crush that I was trying to get closer to him so I could feel love and his warmness.

August 26, 2019 at 10:08 am

This dream is a sign of the strength of your emotional connection with your crush. It is clear that you want to nourish this relationship. Make a decision about what you want for your future at this time. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time together in person. Have a great day, Rosie!

Clare

August 28, 2019 at 3:15 pm

Same😍

August 28, 2019 at 6:53 pm

Thank you for sharing your positive comment. Have a great day, Clare!

Sbdheh

August 25, 2019 at 5:23 am

I had a dream that I was in a room with these 4 people I know and my crush. We were standing in a lime and my crush and his friend trued to push my friends so I went to the front and everyone stopped pushing including my crush. We went downstairs to go home and my crush said hi to my friend but she said bye so I said “Oi hii” and he said hi back shyly and quickly went home. It was my first time speaking to him and I am trying to speak to him in real life.

August 26, 2019 at 9:57 am

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationships. You are interested in nourishing a relationship with your crush. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Your behaviors within the dream are indications that you are shy and uncertain of how to proceed in this relationship. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Anon!

Alanzo

August 23, 2019 at 8:17 am

I had a dream that I got a number of a girl that looked how my crush looked a couple years ago inside a library

August 23, 2019 at 3:44 pm

This dream is a reflection of your emotional relationship with your crush. It is possible that you are interested in maintaining a relationship with her. The library may be an indication of the importance of education in your life. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and take whatever action that you feel is appropriate. Share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will draw positive people and energy toward you. Have a great day, Alanzo!

Mary Smith

August 19, 2019 at 12:31 am

I dreamt that my crush and I kissed in the local swimming pool. They we started dating but it was a secret. We went with some girls from my class (they don’t know him and he don’t know them) to a concert. There we said that we were together. Some people were sooo angry because of it

August 20, 2019 at 8:28 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. The presence of your crush within your dream is an indication of your thoughts regarding a relationship with him. The anger from other people in your dream may be related to other people that you know. Look back on this dream and determine if the anger that these other people had was valid and appropriate. You will draw positive people and energy into your life by sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Mary!

Kira Smith

August 15, 2019 at 10:26 pm

I am not sure if it posted because i can’t see it. Last night I had a dream. A dream that kinda had me thinking throughout the day and having somewhat of a crisis about it. Also wanted my head to explode because I had like no clue of what to do. Always my dream started off with Landon, I and a few other friends from trinity were at school ( a different and more modern campus of trinity a school both he and i went to) were in our own separate groups for a little. Some of the girls and I went to go see this one certain girl (she was blonde) in an office, turned out she planed something to get back at the school by the track/football field. The girls and I ran to go see the field of where the boys and Landon was, I knew something was going to happen and soon. When we got close to the fence on the hill we saw it all happen. An explosion hit between the school building and field where the boys were running. I ran around the fence to help some of them up to the hill but only Landon and another boy named Cai M saw me. Once I helped Landon up I looked behind him and just saw bodies laying on the grass injured or possibly dead. I was confused, scared and sad all at the same time, I asked him how many people could be injured or worse and Landon said it hit everyone really hard. After I helped Landon up we went to his father and told us that Landon should stick with me for a while until its safe. So my parents, Landon and I went to Costco to get some things. At the warehouse, Landon told me “Let’s be together, let’s try it and see how it goes.” I was happy, I had the man that I been wanting to have for years to be with me and possibly fall in love with. Every time we touched, hugged or talked I was happy and had the biggest smile I could have. I just wanted to have him hold me and I wanted to do the same but never let go of him. We were happy, I was happy. And that’s where it had to end. I woke up today confused, confused on what I should do or how to act but I was definitely not confused with my feelings. I was been thinking to reach out to him and send a letter to get in touch and hopefully see him again. My feelings though want him, I need him in my life, I miss him a lot. Its been 3 years almost 4 since I last saw him and it’s killing me inside. Every now and then I go through a phase of thinking about Landon for a long period of time but this one is different. Deferent in way that I do need to see and want to be with him for sure. But we also have been going to school together since kindergarten and just in 5th grade is when it all started.

August 18, 2019 at 8:23 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. The explosion in your dream may be an indication of recent shootings and other violent events. You have not seen him in years, so make a decision about what you feel is viable regarding your relationship. If you are able to contact him, then share your thoughts and feelings with him. If not, then focus your emotional energy elsewhere. Regardless, you will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Kira!

Kira Smith

August 15, 2019 at 10:15 pm

Last night I had a dream. A dream that kinda had me thinking throughout the day and having somewhat of a crisis about it. Also wanted my head to explode because I had like no clue of what to do. Always my dream started off with Landon, I and a few other friends from trinity were at school ( a different and more modern campus of trinity) were in our own separate groups for a little. Some of the girls and I went to go see this one certain girl (she was blonde) in an office, turned out she planed something to get back at the school by the track/football field. The girls and I ran to go see the field of where the boys and Landon was, I knew something was going to happen and soon. When we got close to the fence on the hill we saw it all happen. An explosion hit between the school building and field where the boys were running. I ran around the fence to help some of them up to the hill but only Landon and another boy named Cai M saw me. Once I helped Landon up I looked behind him and just saw bodies laying on the grass injured or possibly dead. I was confused, scared and sad all at the same time, I asked him how many people could be injured or worse and Landon said it hit everyone really hard. After I helped Landon up we went to his father and told us that Landon should stick with me for a while until its safe. So my parents, Landon and I went to Costco to get some things. At the warehouse Landon told me “Let’s be together, let’s try it and see how it goes.” I was happy, I had the man that I been wanting to have for a years to be with me and possibly fall in love with. Every time we touched, hugged or talked I was happy and had the biggest smile I could have. I just wanted to have him hold me and I wanted to do the same but never let go of him. We were happy, I was happy. And that’s where it had to end. I woke up today confused, confused on what I should do or how to act but I was definitely not confused with my feelings. I was been thinking to reach out to him and send a letter to get in touch and hopefully see him again. My feelings though want him, I need him in my life, I miss him a lot. Its been 3 years almost 4 since I last saw him and it’s killing me inside. Every now and then I go through a phase of thinking about Landon for a long period of time but this one is different. Deferent in way that I do need to see and want to be with him for sure

August 18, 2019 at 8:20 pm

JOSHUA CELORIO

August 15, 2019 at 6:40 pm

I ve dream about my crush and I cry, I gave her a gift as a tribute because she is leaving then when I wake up I feel my tears falling..
    What does it means?

August 18, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Your dream is a manifestation of your thoughts regarding this relationship. It is possible that her leaving within the dream indicates a change in your waking life. Determine if you believe whether or not this relationship is viable. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give her an opportunity to share herself with you as well. Have a great day, Joshua!

Miss Tunafish

August 14, 2019 at 5:50 am

What is I’m dreaming every night about my crush but he’s barely in the background, I see him in the corner of my eye and then when I look at him he seems so casual, relaxed and he doesn’t see me?

And then also, this started a while ago, dreams of my crush trying to kill me? Just tonight it was so intense, he had a gun to my head and was yelling at me, but I wasn’t scared at all actually, at a certain point he clicked the gun and asked if I had any last words, I said “I forgive you” and then I woke up.

Can that also mean something?

August 14, 2019 at 2:28 pm

Your first dreams were reflections of your emotional relationship and desires regarding your crush. The shooting aspect of this dream is an indication of concerns and worries that you may have in your life. You are aware of recent shootings and other violent events. Abstain from consuming violent and dramatic media, as this will draw positive people and energy toward you. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Tunafish!