What Does It Mean When You Dream About Your Crush?

By on December 29, 2013

On average every one of us dreams seven times per night. We might not even realise it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. All too often people don’t realise this and claim to never dream, not realising how statistically unlikely that actually is. Since you’re reading this, I think it’s safe to say however that you’re not one of those people. I’m going to take a shot and say that you remember your dreams quite a lot, perhaps most nights, and I’m going to take another shot and say that a lot of them feature a certain, very special, someone.

But what does it mean when your crush keeps popping up in your dreams? Why is it that he just can’t contain himself to real life, why is he flaunting himself in your dreams too? Here’s your answer…

d56990db4fc535c74d556da911baf6dc

The Why

‘The why’ in ‘why is your crush dream stalking you?’ is simple – you’re thinking about him in your waking hours and unable to forget about him when you switch off for the night. When we sleep our subconscious gets free reign and in that time it paints us pictures using the people, objects, places and scenarios we’ve been thinking of when we were awake.

There’s not much else to the why, like I said, it’s simple. You’re focussing on him while you’re awake and your subconscious is simply playing on that fact and creating a dream from it.

What It Means

Depending on your beliefs and whether or not you’re superstitious, dreams can either mean nothing or they can mean everything. They can hide clues to the future or your deepest desires or they can simply be nothing more than your mind playing a trick on you. If you don’t believe dreams hold clues to our futures or insights into our souls then I suggest you skip over this section, it may not be for you.

Here’s a few common dreams that may include your crush and what they are commonly interpreted to mean…

To dream you are kissing your crush symbolizes love, affectation and harmony. Your mind is expressing your waking desire to be close to this person and form some sort of attachment, in this case a relationship.

07469d4fc2fc05a8df62a38156ee323c

Don’t panic if you and your crush were arguing in a dream. This doesn’t mean you aren’t compatible as a couple. Arguing in a dream can symbolize tension and that you are trying to resolve an internal conflict. In this case, it’s likely your mind trying to tell you how frustrated it is that your crush is nothing more than a crush. It could show that your mind is ready for the two of you to become more than friends.

If you receive a love note or letter in your dream means that there could be a new relationship ahead of you. It also however symbolizes that you are insecure about something and need reassurance about your feelings or relationship. My advice in this situation is to be hopeful but beware, don’t let your insecurities get the better of you.

07e69b69253c14d985abbf1f26dd03fb

What To Do About It

On a whole, dreaming of your crush shows that you have an unresolved issue with him in real life, namely that he’s only your crush and not your boyfriend. You need to take action in the real world by attempting to get closer to him to see if a relationship is on the cards or not. Either way, your dreams about him are likely to grow fewer, if not stop altogether, as you start to live out your fantasy of speaking to him in everyday life. Chances are, you’ll be happier for it too. Instead of waking up feeling slightly hollow every morning seeing as your dream was only a dream, you’ll end each day feeling fulfilled that you spoke to him.

Try reading my article How To Get Your Crush To Like You for tips on how to interact with your crush in real life. As much as we’d all like to, we can’t go on dreaming forever. It’s time to stop dreaming and start living so go out there and make your crush fall head over heels for you!

Shauna

August 13, 2019 at 7:11 am

I tend to wake up a lot so I kept waking up then when I would go back to bed I kept having dreams about him. I’m each dream we were in a relationship. Like the first one I had was me and my friend went on like a school field trip and we ended up getting a different kind of room in the basement, were the wall only went and separated the rooms about half way. Anyway me and her got one of those room and the other ended up being my crush and his friend that my friend liked. Anyway we ended up together and we were like hugging and kissing, cuddling. Couple stuff. And I woke up, then went back to bed and had another dream about him that we also had a relationship in.

August 13, 2019 at 8:09 pm

These dreams are reflections of your emotional desires in regards to your crush. The other people within your dream are manifestations of your other social relationships. It is clear that you are interested in maintaining a relationship based on respect. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Shauna!

Sam

August 12, 2019 at 9:23 am

I had a dream about my crush. I don’t exactly remember what happened but I know I saw his face and I believe he was even my boyfriend in my dream. I’ve known him for 2 years now. In the beginning 2018 him and I got really close but I accidentally pushed him away. By early 2019 I noticed he has a girlfriend he posts her on Instagram. I still see him at school and sometimes around my neighborhood. He gets a little shy when he sees me and both of us behave like deers in headlights when we talk. I wish I told him how I felt when we were close and he was single.

August 12, 2019 at 10:22 pm

This dream is a reflection of your emotional desires in relation to your crush. You are aware that your crush has a girlfriend, so focus your emotional energy elsewhere. It is acceptable for you to continue to share your kindness and compassion at all times. If his relationship ends and he reaches out to you, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Sam!

anonymous

August 9, 2019 at 11:18 am

so I had a dream about my crush for 3 years. It started with me seeing a poster on the bulletin board which said “she has lost her way with people, just as she has in art” which was about me and written by my crush and this is already confusing. I then walk to the gym and there he is giving a presentation to the whole school about me. He is talking about all my weird habits and the way I treat him and that’s making him sad. I then ask him what he meant with the poster and he said that I started acting so mean to him and that my art was still good but that it didn’t have meaning like before. For example, he was talking about paintings I never painted and how he thought they were about him but when he asked me I had said mean answers that made him cry. my crush is very popular and funny with many girls liking him so I was surprised. he then talks about all my other “crushes” and I cleared it all up and told him that I only liked him which made him happy. he then yelled out to the whole gym and everybody that HE LIKED ME and that all of his friends did too and that he was jealous because I talked nicely to all the other guys except for him. I then started panicking because he said that he liked me and so I fell down the stairs and then I woke up in the hospital and he was laying down in the hospital bed beside me and then I woke up.

August 10, 2019 at 9:26 pm

You had a dream of your crush of three years. It seems that you may feel that he is uncertain about your feelings toward him. Your school within the dream is a sign of the location where the two of you spend time together. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Anon!

Ruby

August 7, 2019 at 10:49 pm

I cry almost everyday when I think about how I miss him.

August 8, 2019 at 8:12 pm

Your emotional and physical reactions are clear indications that you care deeply for your crush. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Ruby!

Lay

August 9, 2019 at 6:26 am

I’m only like 12 years old and I had a dream that I was thirty and my crush proposed to me!! Like what

August 10, 2019 at 9:01 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. You may be interested in nourishing a strong and lasting relationship with him. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Lay!

Oliver

August 5, 2019 at 2:38 pm

I doubt anyone has read or acknowledge time in dreams, but hey, it’s fun to know something from your crush 😀

August 6, 2019 at 12:40 pm

Time within dreams may be important for various reasons. The appearance of potential social and emotional relationships help guide our understanding of our desires. Please share more of your supportive comments in the future. Have a great day, Oliver!

Grace Lalrempuii

August 3, 2019 at 10:28 pm

Today I woke up and saw him In my dreams twice and I even saw him before also and in my dreams we kissed slept and hugged we were so close and when the next dream comes he told me to come the next day to meet him up we have already planned to meet in real as well like the same way in my dreams but unnecessarily he didn’t text me so I didn’t went to meet him cause I felt like he ignored me so after this meeting dream happen I didn’t meet him even in my dreams and just woke up

August 4, 2019 at 2:07 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. The two of you were going to meet in your waking life, and this may have caused similar experiences to appear within your dream. Make a decision about what you want for the future of your relationship. Speak with your partner about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Grace!

Ruby

August 7, 2019 at 10:43 pm

I have no way to communicate with a guy I’ve known and liked for 4 years now. We lost touch, but I could see him soon at school, anyways, I’m always having a dream with him in it, but it’s never of us together. It’s either us hanging out, or joking around, or even teasing eachother. I’m thinking about him constantly, everyday, and I can’t stop. Is there any way to maybe tell whether he thinks of me some too?

August 8, 2019 at 8:11 pm

Your dreams are reflection of your social and emotional desires. You are thinking about him, and it is certainly possible that he is thinking about you. Since you are unable to communicate with him at this time, make a decision about what you want to say to him when you see him in person again. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Ruby!

Alison

August 3, 2019 at 12:47 pm

I saw this morning, the rebound of my significant man in my family s old room and she puts her clothes with ours and she picked up a short short that s stained with stew :light brown or orange stains to put it on. I thought why is my man so mean, visiting and bringing her here in my family house while they are both strangers to my family? Then my sister and were infront of the clothes cupboard and my sister was looking for sth and she untidy the lanky woman s clothes and i told her to tidy them… the lanky woman was nice to us and i dont remember if i saw my man or not but when i remembered him in the dream he was bearded and wearing sun glasses.That woman and my man always visit me in my dreams specially in my bedroom, what does that mean? what does the stains on the short right around the zipper s area mean plz?

August 3, 2019 at 10:00 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your knowledge that your significant man has previous relationships. It is possible that your thoughts are indications of his behaviors during your waking life. Determine if his behaviors in your waking life are inappropriate. If they are, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. If not, then allow this dream to fade. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Alison!

Olivia Collins

August 1, 2019 at 9:49 pm

I am 19 and I have been dating my first real boyfriend (let’s call him Will) for about a year and a half now. Like two months ago, I started to think about this boy (let’s call him Mark) who I used to talk to and got really close to. We kind of just stop talking after Will and I started dating. In the time when Mark and I talked we connected so fast and literally kept communication for 2 years. Nothing sexual ever happened between us but now I cannot stop thinking about him and dreaming about him. I told Will that I was thinking of him because it was messing with my head so much. I told him I’d never think of him again for the sake of our relationship. I keep having dreams about him and pretty soon I’m gonna go crazy if I have to keep hiding this within myself. What do I do?

August 2, 2019 at 7:36 pm

You are currently maintaining a relationship with someone, and you are thinking of someone else. For whatever reason, you told your partner that you are thinking of another man, and made a promise that is impossible to keep. Allow thoughts of this other person to fade. Focus your emotional energy on your current partner. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time together in person. Have a great day, Olivia!

Rana Ghelichkhani

August 3, 2019 at 1:52 pm

So I’m 23. I was in an arranged marriage at 18. I don’t love my husband. I met him when I was 16. I stopped being intimate around 19. ANYWAYS. I’m in school. I met a guy named tom whose in a relationship and he knows I’m married and he is in a relationship. We are very cordial, we dont even have each others phone number. When we speak, it is about school and usually through email. My heart flutters and I know there is some mutual attraction but I had a couple dreams of him flirting with me and a quick kiss on the cheek and such within the span of a few weeks. I’m not sure if hes been thinking of me. It’s all very cute and innocent but I’m curious if hes thinking of me. Any thoughts?

August 3, 2019 at 10:13 pm

You feel a connection with this person, and he clearly feels similarly toward you. However, you married. Unfortunately, you were part of an arranged marriage. It seems that you need to make a decision about the future of your marriage. Do not behave inappropriately with this person from your school. If you want to end your relationship, then do so. During this time, you will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Rana!

someone

July 30, 2019 at 10:04 pm

so heres my situation…

my crush lives in my hometown, where we dont live, but visit somewhat frequently. we are good friends and stay in touch when we are apart. I know he really cares about me, because it is clear from the way he acts… a lot of the times he does soomething that puts him in a bad situation only so that he can spend more time with me. I dont know if he likes me or not, (what do you think?) but I hope so!

anyways, when I was last at my hometown, he got back from college on my last day visiting. As we had planned, I was waiting for him so we could say goodbye. However, when I saw him, I started crying. He came over and hugged me, and we must have hugged for at least 10 mins. he then held my hand for a few mins. we repeated this cycle numerous times until it got to the point where he was crying as well, which shocked me, as he is not a very emotional person. (what do you think this means?)

Now that I am back where I live, and the visit is over, I keep having a reoccurring dream of that night. What does this dream mean? also, he sometimes pops into my head for no reason.

July 31, 2019 at 2:50 pm

It is clear that you feel a strong emotional relationship with him. It is certainly possible that you are interested in nourishing a romantic relationship with him. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Determine what you believe to be viable and appropriate in regards to your relationship. You may find benefit in reaching out to him. Share your thoughts and feelings with him, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Anon!

Ruby

August 7, 2019 at 10:45 pm

Ruby

August 7, 2019 at 10:46 pm

I cry almost everyday when I think about how I miss him.

August 8, 2019 at 8:12 pm

August 8, 2019 at 8:11 pm

kelly

August 13, 2019 at 6:50 pm

I dreamed about my crush. That night we decided to sleep in the same bed but suddenly it has cancelled because of rain. what does that mean?

August 13, 2019 at 8:45 pm

This dream is a reflection of your desire to maintain a relationship with your crush. The rain may be an indication of your thoughts regarding the uncertainty of this relationship. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Kelly!

Danna

July 29, 2019 at 4:31 pm

i dreamt about him and me accidentally meeting at a resort and that his mother invited me to come inside their room and serve myself their food. our conversation with my crush was just casual and we took a walk along the resort. i never heard our conversation but it was really long and it felt good. what does it mean?

July 29, 2019 at 9:36 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush and his mother. It is possible that you are interested in maintaining a relationship with someone and their family. This indicates that you value a lifelong relationship based on trust. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Danna!

[email protected]

July 29, 2019 at 7:07 am

I had a dream that I was at school and it was first hour and I saw my friends and I was talking to them but then I saw my crush and i call his name out and wave at him. He was somehow eating and he went to throw away his tray and come where I was at. He came and gave me a hug and I hug him back too. He was like “I miss you” and I was confused but I didn’t do anything and I just say it back to him. We talk about his schedule and somehow he pulls out his phone to Snapchat and ask if we can take a selfie together and so I grabbed the phone and try to find my favorite filter but it wasn’t on there so the time when I found that filter…we was already in front of his classroom and so he had to go and the bell had rung. And I said so you’re not getting your schedule back and he say that I can keep it…so I was like okay and went back to my 1st hour. When hugging my crush in my dream…it felt so comfortable and so relax..I feel like I was safe.

July 29, 2019 at 8:45 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional and social relationship with your crush. The presence of your school is an indication of where your social relationships are maintained. When you hugged your crush within your dream, you felt that you were comfortable and relaxed. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Anon!

Yiza Almeda

July 28, 2019 at 10:35 pm

i need help ..so this is my situation im married ..so heres the thing .my husband has a brother .one time i was sleeping he kiss me
    and the next month of that he done it again .i confronted him why he do that .he didnt answer …after years i kept on dreaming he was kissing me ..it happens several times already .i want to know ..what it means

July 29, 2019 at 7:06 pm

You confronted your husband’s brother about his inappropriate behaviors. Your current dreams are reflections of your memories of your husband’s brother. If he behaves inappropriately again, then inform your husband of his actions. Allow these dreams to fade. Nourish your relationship with your husband by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Yiza!

Anonymous person

July 28, 2019 at 8:34 pm

I dreamt of my crush in a room with a few other guys fighting over me?? I was behind my crush, he was like protecting me against them. I sort of told the others that my crush is my crush so my crush and I hold hands and smile at each other then the dream ends 🙁

July 29, 2019 at 6:56 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional and social relationship with your crush. The presence of the men fighting over you is a sign that you are aware that there are other people who may be interested in you. Your crush’s behaviors are indications that he makes you feel safe and secure. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Anon!

~U.w.U~

July 31, 2019 at 7:59 am

I just woke up, and I had a dream with my crush. So me my friend and my crush were on FaceTime we were talking and my mom told me to go say hi to my crush but I didnt know he was there to I ran bent down and gave him a kiss on the cheek(he was laying down) then I ran back where I was and he came doing the same thing but he has a girlfriend in real life but I’m shy to even talk to him..

July 31, 2019 at 3:23 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. The presence of this person is an indication of your feelings toward him. However, you are aware that he is in a relationship at this time. Allow thoughts of him to fade, and focus your emotional energy elsewhere. If his relationship ends, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings at that time. You will draw positive people and energy into your life by sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Anon!

Saynahxx

July 28, 2019 at 7:59 pm

i had a dream that my crush and I were holding hands.

July 29, 2019 at 5:41 pm

This dream is a reflection of your thoughts and feelings regarding this relationship with your crush. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Saynahxx!

Wyatt

July 28, 2019 at 10:11 am

So I had this dream where me and my crush met up at the grocery, I think he seen me first, I have a feeling lol, so I Said “Hi,” to him and he said “Hey Wyatt,” in a cute quite voice, and then we continued shopping, and then I seen his friend, so I Said “Hey Ted,” and then my crush passed by and I pretended not to see him Intel he said or do something to me, and then he did! He waved at me with a worry in his face, it was cute, so I waved back of course, and smiled with joy, and then he left.

Is this a trick dream or some magical stuff?

July 29, 2019 at 4:46 pm

This dream is a reflection of your emotional relationship with your crush. It is possible that this dream is an indication of your shyness or desire to interaction with your crush. This could be a trick or magic, though the two are often indistinguishable. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and giving him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Wyatt!

Random person

July 27, 2019 at 2:11 pm

I had this dream about my crush and I’ve been so confused by it, I feel like my mind is playing tricks on me or something but anyway, here’s what happened in my dream. So I was on a school bus and my crush and I were the only ones on it but the bus driver was there of course. So we got off the bus and he asked me if I wanted to go with home somewhere and I said sure but I forgot my phone on the bus without even knowing and while we were walking there, I remember that he was giving me a piggy back ride and when we got there we looked at each other and kissed each other with a lot of passion but then i remember that i forgot my phone so I tell him and he gives me another piggy back ride to my house. When we get to my house he kisses me and tells me that he’s gonna go get my phone from the bus, I said ok and he left. After a while he comes back and gives me my phone back and he tells me he has to leave and for the last time kisses me with passion again and then leaves. After that happens I wake up.
    Can you please help me figure out what this means because I’m super confused😣

July 27, 2019 at 9:36 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. The bus driver may be a manifestation of your knowledge of various adults in your social life. Your phone could be a sign of the way that you communicate with your crush. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Random!

Jazzy

July 29, 2019 at 11:27 am

I had a dream about my crush. I was at school and I sat by him (when school was in I did sit by him) and we were brushing elbows, touching and blushing and smiling and he was making jokes and being funnny because he is a funny person and I was just so happy and mushy butterflies you know. But what did that dream mean?

July 29, 2019 at 8:59 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. During school, you sat by him. Your behaviors in your dream may be similar to your interactions during your waking life. You clearly feel a strong connection with him. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Jazzy!

Anonymous 45

July 27, 2019 at 8:21 am

So I dreamed that I talked to my crush about an event that did happen in real life. The real life event was that I told her I liked talking to her and that I would take my break with her during work. However when I went on my break she wasn’t there but she also wasn’t at her work post either so I assumed she was avoiding me. In the dream when I asked her about it she said that she was just sick of always talking about work with anyone and that it wasn’t something personal against me. What’s that mean? I talk with her about other things other than work. Do I have any chance with her?!

July 27, 2019 at 9:05 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social relationship with your crush. You may be aware that she is interested in having a different discussion with you that the normal conversation about work. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with her about your thoughts and feelings, and give her an opportunity to share herself with you as well. Have a great day, Anon!

Nozipho

July 26, 2019 at 10:47 pm

I had a dream that my crush and i were playing football together.

July 26, 2019 at 11:26 pm

This dream is a manifestation of your social relationship with your crush. It is possible that the two of you share similar interests. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Give you crush an opportunity to share themselves with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time together in person. Have a great day, Nozipho!

rose

July 26, 2019 at 10:34 pm

I had a dream…that i was hanging out with my crush.he also bought his lil sister along with him…i was soo happy to be with him. Felt too romantic when he touched my hand or came close to me. We were having fun and having a good time together..we were really getting along well. But at last it was like a plot twist. He went and told my mom about guys proposing me and me trying to accept them which led to my mom getting doubt on me and arguments between me and my mom. I really felt angry towards my crush…felt a heavy heart and disgusted towards my crush….so plss would you tell me WHAT DOES MY DREAM MEAN?????

July 26, 2019 at 11:25 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. His statements to your mother within your dream are manifestations of your thoughts about your other relationships. Do not allow this dream to cause you to feel negative about your crush in your waking life. Make a decision about what you want for your future with your crush. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Rose!

Anonymous 69

July 26, 2019 at 7:09 am

I dreamed about my crush yesterday night and here’s how it went down. Me and one of my friends were hanging out and just talking and we were right next by the wall because I was leaning on the wall then I felt like someone was staring at me and I looked right across from my friend and I saw him staring at me and then he quickly looked away fast and started talking to his friends I told my friend in a blushy smile let’s go and that’s we’re i woke up but what does this all mean? Why did it happen if through out the summer I never thought about him once or dreamed about him until now??

July 26, 2019 at 10:57 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional and social relationship with your crush. It is possible that something in your life reminded you of him, and this may have caused this dream to appear. It is possible that he has similar feelings for you. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Anon!