What Does It Mean When You Dream About Your Crush?

By on December 29, 2013

On average every one of us dreams seven times per night. We might not even realise it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. All too often people don’t realise this and claim to never dream, not realising how statistically unlikely that actually is. Since you’re reading this, I think it’s safe to say however that you’re not one of those people. I’m going to take a shot and say that you remember your dreams quite a lot, perhaps most nights, and I’m going to take another shot and say that a lot of them feature a certain, very special, someone.

But what does it mean when your crush keeps popping up in your dreams? Why is it that he just can’t contain himself to real life, why is he flaunting himself in your dreams too? Here’s your answer…

d56990db4fc535c74d556da911baf6dc

The Why

‘The why’ in ‘why is your crush dream stalking you?’ is simple – you’re thinking about him in your waking hours and unable to forget about him when you switch off for the night. When we sleep our subconscious gets free reign and in that time it paints us pictures using the people, objects, places and scenarios we’ve been thinking of when we were awake.

There’s not much else to the why, like I said, it’s simple. You’re focussing on him while you’re awake and your subconscious is simply playing on that fact and creating a dream from it.

What It Means

Depending on your beliefs and whether or not you’re superstitious, dreams can either mean nothing or they can mean everything. They can hide clues to the future or your deepest desires or they can simply be nothing more than your mind playing a trick on you. If you don’t believe dreams hold clues to our futures or insights into our souls then I suggest you skip over this section, it may not be for you.

Here’s a few common dreams that may include your crush and what they are commonly interpreted to mean…

To dream you are kissing your crush symbolizes love, affectation and harmony. Your mind is expressing your waking desire to be close to this person and form some sort of attachment, in this case a relationship.

07469d4fc2fc05a8df62a38156ee323c

Don’t panic if you and your crush were arguing in a dream. This doesn’t mean you aren’t compatible as a couple. Arguing in a dream can symbolize tension and that you are trying to resolve an internal conflict. In this case, it’s likely your mind trying to tell you how frustrated it is that your crush is nothing more than a crush. It could show that your mind is ready for the two of you to become more than friends.

If you receive a love note or letter in your dream means that there could be a new relationship ahead of you. It also however symbolizes that you are insecure about something and need reassurance about your feelings or relationship. My advice in this situation is to be hopeful but beware, don’t let your insecurities get the better of you.

07e69b69253c14d985abbf1f26dd03fb

What To Do About It

On a whole, dreaming of your crush shows that you have an unresolved issue with him in real life, namely that he’s only your crush and not your boyfriend. You need to take action in the real world by attempting to get closer to him to see if a relationship is on the cards or not. Either way, your dreams about him are likely to grow fewer, if not stop altogether, as you start to live out your fantasy of speaking to him in everyday life. Chances are, you’ll be happier for it too. Instead of waking up feeling slightly hollow every morning seeing as your dream was only a dream, you’ll end each day feeling fulfilled that you spoke to him.

Try reading my article How To Get Your Crush To Like You for tips on how to interact with your crush in real life. As much as we’d all like to, we can’t go on dreaming forever. It’s time to stop dreaming and start living so go out there and make your crush fall head over heels for you!

Luna_209

July 25, 2019 at 8:55 pm

I had a dream last night about my crush again. It’s not the first time it’s happened and it’s happened so much its driving me nuts. As always something leads to us kissing and him pushing me away or not kissing back in disgust. It’s like he’s always rejecting me and it’s making me really insecure and since I already text him in real life it makes me really insecure to Even try to keep a connection. I feel like I’m always the one initiating the convo and I just feel really unmotivated and stupid. I’m probably not even the girl he wants lmao

July 26, 2019 at 10:08 pm

Your dream is a reflection about your social a relationship with your crush. His uncertainty in your dream may be an indication of the interactions that you have during your waking life. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. This will help draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Luna!

Ariistra

July 25, 2019 at 8:31 am

So, I had a dream about my crush last night and we were sitting in a car and I accidentally bumped him with my shoulder and he moved away and looked so disgusted. And when we got to the destination (which was a church?) When he found out he had to sit next to me, he was disgusted and like walked away. Why? :’)

July 25, 2019 at 12:47 pm

The dream seems to show a sense of fear that your crush may not be interested in you and would reject you if you tried to make a move. Thankfully, the dream is only based on your subconscious mind and not on what your crush will actually do in real life. Whether he likes you back or not can only be figured out by making a move and seeing what happens! Have a nice day, Arisstra!

anonymous

July 25, 2019 at 4:03 am

ok so first i wanna say that i already commented this but i dont think you saw it. one night i dreamt about being at a wedding on the water (there was white things letting us not fall into the water) and i knew no one there, not even the bride nor the groom, then the bride jumped or fell into the water (i don’t really remember which) but then i woke up from that dream and fell asleep soon after. And then dreamt about me with my crush on a field having fun and it felt so real that when i woke up i was in shock of it being just a dream and not real life. but i really wanna know what this means and if those 2 dreams are related in any way.

July 25, 2019 at 11:56 am

The dream shows a potential desire for commitment, but an inability to find it in your own life. This may be the reason why your subconscious mind decided to have a random bride and groom in your dream. This seems like a logical interpretation considering what happened next with your crush in the dream–your subconscious juxtaposed these two dreams for a reason. Whether you can find that level of commitment in real life or not is entirely up to you and your crush. Best of luck, Anonymous!

anonymous

July 25, 2019 at 1:26 pm

and 2 days ago i also dreamt of my crush (but this time it was like different videos of us in different locations edited together) and we were holding hands in the first video and in another one i held his shoulders and asked him if he’s good, what does it mean?

July 25, 2019 at 1:31 pm

It sounds like these dreams have a similar meaning to your previous ones–you want to be with your crush, and you would like to have some kind of committed relationship. Don’t worry! It will happen some day–and it could happen sooner rather than later if you try making a move on your crush!

anonymous

July 24, 2019 at 5:53 pm

one night i dreamt about being at a wedding on the water (there was white things letting us not fall into the water) and i knew no one there, not even the bride nor the groom and then the bride jumped or fell into the water (i don’t really remember which) but then i woke up from that dream and fell asleep soon after and dreamt about me with my crush on a field having fun and it felt so real that when i woke up i was in shock that it was just a dream and not real life but i really wanna know what this means and if those 2 dreams are related in any way.

anonymous

July 24, 2019 at 6:03 pm

and yesterday i also dreamt of my crush (but this time it was like different videos of us in different locations edited together) and we were holding hands and stuff like that that i dont really remember, what does it mean?

anonymous

July 24, 2019 at 7:46 pm

plz reply

J

July 24, 2019 at 5:38 pm

I had a dream it was vague but I remembered my crush and I got really close and finally we’re together in our dream like a couple. Truth is I don’t know if I really want him as a partner and is still considering so this dream kinda confuses me.

July 24, 2019 at 10:53 pm

This dream is a reflection of your emotional and social relationship with your crush. You are interested in maintaining a relationship with him. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. This will bring you many benefits in the future. Have a great day, J!

Confused

July 24, 2019 at 10:04 am

I had a dream that my crush and I had lived in the same apartment place and we slept in the same bed, ran around everywhere together. Basically spent every waking moment together. But towards the end my parents caught us hanging around each other so much and I got in trouble. I don’t know if it’s because I’m always worried about my parents being accepting of my love choices or I have a hard time telling the truth? What does this mean

July 24, 2019 at 7:03 pm

Your concerns regarding the purpose behind this dream are likely correct. You may be worried that your parents may not approve of this relationship. It is possible that you are aware of your difficulties of telling the truth. You will find great benefit in introspection, as this will guide you in a positive direction. This will bring many benefits to you in the future. Have a great day, Confused!

Anonymous12345

July 23, 2019 at 11:15 am

I had a dream that me and my crush finally met because we do talk on instagram but just as friends. When we met in person he was so funny and caring he had brought his little brother and all of us was just having an amazing time. My auntie had showed up when the dream when we went to the store and was talking about how I was dressed and he just tried to make it not awkward and we just continued having fun not worried about it . It’s funny that my auntie in this dream when I haven’t seen her in a long time and my crush is just a friend rn. So what does this mean?

July 24, 2019 at 8:30 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. The presence of your aunt may be a manifestation of your relationship with her. It is possible that there is some similarity between her and your crush. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Anon!

Cat

July 23, 2019 at 9:36 am

I had a dream we’re I was hanging out with my cousin and doing a dance off but my crush was there too and out of nowhere my crush comes up to me and we just start playing for a couple of seconds. What does this mean

July 24, 2019 at 9:05 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationships with your cousin and crush. You likely feel comfortable with your cousin, and you may want your crush to reach out to you. Make a decision about what you want for the future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and give your crush an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Cat!

kalayah

July 23, 2019 at 9:18 am

i had a dream that me and my crush was in school and was on a field trip and he would always sit next to me and if a boy tried to touch me he would like tell them to move or push them away we always hugged and laughed together and sometimes hold hands what does this mean?

July 24, 2019 at 9:49 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. The laughing and hugging could be a manifestation of the strength of your connection. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Kalayah!

Katie

July 22, 2019 at 10:42 am

Hey!
    I had this dream one time how I was running away from this building. I ran into the woods and stood there looking around. Then, out of no where, a pack of wolves started to chase me. I started to run. I heard some voices calling my name. I looked and saw that my crush was running towards me. I turned to the left and kept on running. Somehow, I tripped and fell. My crush knelt down by me and brushed my hair out of my face and was about to kiss me when i started to cry for some reason. He then just patted my head and called other people I knew and said that I was by him. Then my dream ended

July 22, 2019 at 2:55 pm

Dreams of being chased are indications of concerns or worries that you may have in your life. The presence of your crush is a reflection of your emotional relationship with him. It is possible that you are interested in maintaining a relationship with someone who makes you feel safe and secure. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Katie!

Ella

July 20, 2019 at 11:52 pm

This sounds weird but I have a crush on an anime character. It is normal for an anime watcher like me though, a few dreams about him were intimate, some were affectionate and some just a normal relationship. I dreamt once he passionately kissed me! but I like him. And its annoying knowing there is a slim chance of someone like him popping up in life.

July 21, 2019 at 9:06 pm

It is not uncommon for people to develop attractions to actors and actresses in shows that they watch. Some people develop feelings for anime characters. It is likely that his attributes are reflections of what you find attractive in a partner. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Ella!

Gintare

July 23, 2019 at 8:01 am

So me and my crush were holding hands hugging laughing and being together just like a couple and now telling this I feel like Im in love!

July 24, 2019 at 4:45 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. It is possible that your crush has similar feelings for you. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time together in person. Have a great day, Gintare!

nimra

July 20, 2019 at 10:47 am

I dreamed about being part of a realy ,unrealistic,nonsense game,with a boy totally stranger,he guided me,we flirted often,and at end if game I kissed him on cheek,but a few moments later I saw my crush who was part of game too ,I called out to him and we started to kiss suddenly and move away from crowd,I told him about flirting with other boy and we laughed about it,but I have never met my crush in real life

July 21, 2019 at 6:24 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. The stranger and your crush are both similar in that you never met them before. Ensure that this dream guides you to make a decision about what you want for your future. If you are in contact with your crush, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Nimra!

Genesis

July 20, 2019 at 10:41 am

I had a dream about my best friend and she is a girl like me and we were arguing with each other but when are parents were around us we kiss and ran away into the woods together. what does it mean?

July 21, 2019 at 4:05 pm

Your dream may be a reflection of your emotional relationship with your best friend. The two of you share a long history, so it is possible that you are aware of your mutual growing feelings for each other. Going into the woods together may be a sign of your thoughts of starting a new life together. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship, and speak with her about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Genesis!

kami

July 20, 2019 at 9:41 am

I had a dream that me and my crush were standing in a line. he dropped something down my shirt then tried to put his hand down my shirt to get it back. I grabbed his arm and pulled it out. what does this mean?

July 21, 2019 at 6:22 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your relationship with your crush. It is possible that he has similar feelings for you as well. It is possible that you want to develop a relationship with him, but you may not want to maintain a close physical relationship. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Kami!

nimra

July 20, 2019 at 12:30 am

I dreamed about being part of a realy stupid,non sense unrealistic game,with a boy totally stranger ,he guided me,we flirted often and at the end of game I kissed him on cheek ,but a few momments later ,I saw my crush ,who was part of game too,I called out to him ,and suddendly we started to kiss and started to move away from crowd ,I told him about flirting with other boy and we laughed but I have never actually met my crush in real life

July 21, 2019 at 3:05 pm

Anonymous3479

July 20, 2019 at 12:15 am

I had a dream my crush left his jacket at school and I gave it back to him the next day but In the dream was also the number 36

July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. The number 36 could be a sign of a desire to look inward. Introspection will bring you many benefits. Share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Anon!

Desperate for explanation

July 19, 2019 at 10:03 pm

I had a dream that i was in school and i was late for some middle of year exam and i was lost in the school even though i knew it by heart then i panicked and went to the boy’s bathroom by mistake and to get out i had to go through a room filled of guys in my school .one of the guys i know was looking for me and he told me the exam is starting soon so i ran and I barley made it and a girl that I know was worried about me being late even though we aren’t even friends.I looked at a girl next to me and she hid her paper afraid for me to cheat even though the exam didn’t start .I went to a table next to the guy that found me and another guy and the girl that was worried and i asked a guy that I didn’t recognize if he was smart so he can help me.now my crush came and I stood up he did a strange hand motion by putting his hand like it was a fist bump put it was flat and opened and he kept on lowering his hand until it reached my feet then i woke up.

July 21, 2019 at 2:44 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social relationships and academic concerns. It is possible that you are interested in focusing more on your education, though you are also concerned about your social relationships. If you are interested in maintaining a romantic relationship with your crush, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Desperate!

Grace

July 19, 2019 at 4:21 am

I had a dream recently where I said to my mom that I should see my crush. She said ok maybe, and then I went into my room and he was there. Then we started hugging, and we hugged for a very long time. He told me I was going to be ok, and I told him I loved him. What does this mean?

July 19, 2019 at 2:51 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship with your crush. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Grace!

Idk

July 19, 2019 at 2:22 am

I dreamed me and my crush shared bed? And popcorn was poping on os from nowhere, and we didn’t share bed in my hone, no, we shared bed in school haha, everyone had their own bed and we all slept togheter

After that i dreamed about to cowboy girls being in love and being addicted to the though of hanging themselfs, a fetish, me and those girls were friends but then they starded running away from me and doing creepy stuff togheter, like pretending to commit suicide in the schools backyard, weird

July 19, 2019 at 2:40 pm

The first dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. If you are interested in maintaining a relationship with your crush, then speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. The second dream may be an indication of your knowledge of negative influences. You will find great benefit in abstaining from consuming violent and dramatic media. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Anon!

Roger

July 18, 2019 at 4:05 am

I had a dream I was in a flood and my crush was next to me with my friend and I picked her up and ran she didn’t talk to me but when we left the store and she disappeared from my hands we looked around and there was nothing also we had a shootout in the dream and I did a bunch of crazy moves on these guys with my friends what does this mean

July 18, 2019 at 6:40 pm

This dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. It is possible that your social relationships have appeared in this dream. The flood could be a manifestation of a concern or worry in your life. The shootout is an indication of your knowledge of recent shootings and other violent events. Abstain from consuming violent and dramatic media, and share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Roger!