What Does It Mean When You Dream About Your Crush?

By on December 29, 2013

On average every one of us dreams seven times per night. We might not even realise it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. All too often people don’t realise this and claim to never dream, not realising how statistically unlikely that actually is. Since you’re reading this, I think it’s safe to say however that you’re not one of those people. I’m going to take a shot and say that you remember your dreams quite a lot, perhaps most nights, and I’m going to take another shot and say that a lot of them feature a certain, very special, someone.

But what does it mean when your crush keeps popping up in your dreams? Why is it that he just can’t contain himself to real life, why is he flaunting himself in your dreams too? Here’s your answer…

d56990db4fc535c74d556da911baf6dc

The Why

‘The why’ in ‘why is your crush dream stalking you?’ is simple – you’re thinking about him in your waking hours and unable to forget about him when you switch off for the night. When we sleep our subconscious gets free reign and in that time it paints us pictures using the people, objects, places and scenarios we’ve been thinking of when we were awake.

There’s not much else to the why, like I said, it’s simple. You’re focussing on him while you’re awake and your subconscious is simply playing on that fact and creating a dream from it.

What It Means

Depending on your beliefs and whether or not you’re superstitious, dreams can either mean nothing or they can mean everything. They can hide clues to the future or your deepest desires or they can simply be nothing more than your mind playing a trick on you. If you don’t believe dreams hold clues to our futures or insights into our souls then I suggest you skip over this section, it may not be for you.

Here’s a few common dreams that may include your crush and what they are commonly interpreted to mean…

To dream you are kissing your crush symbolizes love, affectation and harmony. Your mind is expressing your waking desire to be close to this person and form some sort of attachment, in this case a relationship.

07469d4fc2fc05a8df62a38156ee323c

Don’t panic if you and your crush were arguing in a dream. This doesn’t mean you aren’t compatible as a couple. Arguing in a dream can symbolize tension and that you are trying to resolve an internal conflict. In this case, it’s likely your mind trying to tell you how frustrated it is that your crush is nothing more than a crush. It could show that your mind is ready for the two of you to become more than friends.

If you receive a love note or letter in your dream means that there could be a new relationship ahead of you. It also however symbolizes that you are insecure about something and need reassurance about your feelings or relationship. My advice in this situation is to be hopeful but beware, don’t let your insecurities get the better of you.

07e69b69253c14d985abbf1f26dd03fb

What To Do About It

On a whole, dreaming of your crush shows that you have an unresolved issue with him in real life, namely that he’s only your crush and not your boyfriend. You need to take action in the real world by attempting to get closer to him to see if a relationship is on the cards or not. Either way, your dreams about him are likely to grow fewer, if not stop altogether, as you start to live out your fantasy of speaking to him in everyday life. Chances are, you’ll be happier for it too. Instead of waking up feeling slightly hollow every morning seeing as your dream was only a dream, you’ll end each day feeling fulfilled that you spoke to him.

Try reading my article How To Get Your Crush To Like You for tips on how to interact with your crush in real life. As much as we’d all like to, we can’t go on dreaming forever. It’s time to stop dreaming and start living so go out there and make your crush fall head over heels for you!

mario♡

May 3, 2019 at 9:35 pm

Hi, I have a crush on an 8th grader while I’m a 7th and I had two dreams about him in the same night. One where he was playing an instrument(I forgot which one it was either the flute or the guitar) on a stage in front of millions of chairs but me and one of my friends were the only ones sitting in the chairs. He sang and after his performance, we clapped for him and he smiled at me. The second one was where it was raining really hard and I had a really crappy umbrella and I saw him running in the rain so then I threw my umbrella to run with him. I didn’t dream of him kissing me or anything which I feel like makes sense cause we don’t really talk to eachother but everytime I see him I always say hi and he says hi back. I can’t tell really but I think he might have a thing for me cause when we do talk, he forces himself to come over and make sure we’re just talking, or that could mean nothing.

May 4, 2019 at 4:27 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. If he is a musician, then it is likely that you are interested in hearing his talents. It is possible that you and him share various hobbies and interests. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Mario!

Natalie Vieira

May 3, 2019 at 2:34 pm

I dont remember my dream perfectly but I know I hugged him and then it went black for a few seconds and all sudden I was in the future with my husband?(my crush) and I had a child

May 4, 2019 at 3:39 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationships. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Natalie!

Laila

May 3, 2019 at 1:02 am

I had a dream about my crush that he was touching hairs of a girl unknown to me…there in dream two girls were smiling and discussing him again and again…

May 4, 2019 at 2:47 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. You are aware that there are other people in his life as well. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Laila!

Ched

May 2, 2019 at 8:03 pm

I have a dream that my crush is allowing me to courtship her our date is a success weve been together about few days but i dont know if she is officially my girlfriend.What does it mean?

May 4, 2019 at 2:04 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your relationship with your crush. You may be interested in maintaining a relationship with her. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with her about your thoughts and feelings. Give her an opportunity to share herself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with her in person. Have a great day, Ched!

Catalie Jack

May 1, 2019 at 8:38 pm

Hi

I’m a 6th grader and I have a HUGE crush on an 8th grader. And I dreamed that he bought me a music box and all his friends were yelling you bought her a music box. He kept telling them to shut up but his friends called me over and then,he gave me the music box shyly blushing and I was too and then I woke. Pleas tell me what this means

May 2, 2019 at 1:33 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your emotional relationship with your crush. It is possible that his behaviors in your dream is a manifestation of your shared interests. Make a decision about what your ant for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Catalie!

Adriana

May 1, 2019 at 5:25 am

I had a dream about my crush and I kissing. I was at my house and my crush was there with my brother, then I grabbed my dog and went to the bathroom to give him water and then my crush comes when I was about to go back to the Living Room. But, then I just wanted to kiss him and I did, because I was waiting for a long time to kiss him, and he grabbed me and we started making out and It felt real I woke up happy. What does this mean?

Adriana

May 1, 2019 at 5:28 am

Also we don’t talk, and he’s in my class, but sometimes I catch him looking at me.

May 1, 2019 at 9:55 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. His behaviors may be indications that he is interested in developing a relationship with you. Have a great day, Adriana!

May 1, 2019 at 9:55 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Adriana!

Natalie

May 1, 2019 at 4:34 am

I had a dream where something almost happened to my crush and then i started hugging him cause i was worried and crying. He then hugged me back and then holded my hand,there was a black screen for a few seconds however it then took place in a home where I was with my crush but in a older version with a child. I dont remember whos perfectly but we where in either one of our parents house at the time. I then woke up to the alarm (T-T)

May 1, 2019 at 9:47 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your connection with your crush. The hugging could be a sign that you want to strengthen your relationship. The child in may be a manifestation of your desire to maintain a strong, lifelong relationship. Determine what you want for your future. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Natalie!

Bella

May 4, 2019 at 5:11 am

Hey so I had this dream before but not with my crush and it started off as a REALLY werid competition. We had to climb up this rope and as soon as we got to the top we had to blow air into this really big potato sack and whoever filled it up the most won. I won. And my crush was sitting to my left and my dad was sitting to right then me and my crush started talking and somewhere through there it transtioned to him flirting with me. Then I lost him a crowd when we got down from rope. The end. What does it mean??

May 4, 2019 at 4:47 pm

Your dream is a manifestation of various influences in your life. You may be interested in nourishing a romantic relationship with him. It is also likely that you want to be victorious on challenges and events that you participate in. ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. This will bring you many benefits in the future. Have a great day, Bella!

Kaan

May 1, 2019 at 12:11 am

i was talking to my crush at the dream and when conversation ended we looked each other for like 20 seconds then i started to kiss her the kiss last 5-7 mins.What does that mean?- her friends were with him while we kiss –

May 1, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social connection with your crush. It sounds as though you are aware of the various other friendships that you are maintaining in your life. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Kaan!

Trusjdbf

April 30, 2019 at 11:43 pm

I had a dream that my friends we’re pushing me into soil and then my crush came running shouting at them for pushing me and then he rubs the soil of me and hugs ne snd we made eye conntact .I thought it was real coz he knows i like him but doesn’t like me back so he avoids me .

May 1, 2019 at 9:14 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social connection with your crush. It sounds as though you are aware of the various other friendships that you are maintaining in your life. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Anon!

Alexandria Price

April 30, 2019 at 10:54 am

I had a dream about my crush and I making out and then we stoped and just talked for the whole night. Then I was dreaming about how we got married and we where living in the country with children.

April 30, 2019 at 11:20 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. It seems that you are interested in maintaining a life long relationship that makes you feel secure and comfortable. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Alexandria!

Boom worm

April 30, 2019 at 7:59 am

Ok so this is my dream. Well how about a little back story.. it was super hard for me to fall asleep on this night and after about 3 hours I finally did….. I’m at my aunts house ( I’m dreaming now) and very weirdly there is this strip of ice in the ground so we can ice skate. It was like a bowling alley strip but with ice. Any way, I take a few goes at it and I am pretty good. But then, all of a sudden I see my crush sitting down and looking at me. His usually happy content smile, that gets me every time. I go down the ice again but I’m going to fast and I run into a short wall. My mom , who haven’t appeared before, appears, and is laughing with me because I just ran into a wall like a dufus. I sit on the short wall that I just ran into( still partially laughing) I look over and my crush is lightly laughing at me too! But it was like a mean laughing it was like a I’m laughing with you laugh. I thought it was the cutest thing so i start slowly laughing as well ( partially because I can’t believe it’s happening to me) and he starts to look at me. It was just the best look ever, just the look of him laughing with me!

Anyway… hope you read this and get back to me. We know one another cause we are both tennis players and we take classes together. We have talked small talked before. Compliments or just making one another laugh a little. I just want to know what this means, I’ve never dreamt of him before.

April 30, 2019 at 11:18 pm

The two of you likely share a strong social relationship. It is certainly possible that you are on his mind. Each of you have similar hobbies and interests. It is likely that he wants to get to know you better. Take this time to determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Boom!

Roya

April 28, 2019 at 9:01 am

My dream about my crush was that he was sitting next to his friend. I was sitting alone. There was a chair next to me. He spontaneously comes over and sits next to me. He just left his friend alone and came over to me.Then we have a conversation. But I forgot what the conversation was about.

April 28, 2019 at 9:49 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various relationships in your life. You are interested in nourishing a relationship with your crush. The presence of your crush’s friend is a sign that you are aware that there are other relationships that you may want to nourish. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Roya!

Jaja

April 29, 2019 at 2:36 pm

I have a dream with my slightly crush i don’t think about him whole day but when i sleep i dream about him his friends teasing me to him and my crush reaction he’s just laughing and smiling he doesn’t say anything lols

April 29, 2019 at 9:43 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with your crush. It is possible that he may be interested in nourishing a relationship with you as well. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Jaja!

Ann

April 30, 2019 at 9:52 pm

I had a dream that my crush’s brother gave me approval to date him. I am completely confused on why his brother was in my dream?

April 30, 2019 at 11:40 pm

The presence of your crush’s brother could be a sign that you are aware of the strength of his familial relationships. It is possible that you are friend’s with his brother, and you are thinking about his feelings regarding your relationship. Make a decision about what you want for your future with your crush. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Ann!

Sharanya

April 28, 2019 at 7:00 am

Hey, so this happened a few weeks ago and I remember very distinctly. My crush and I have got married (probably we’re both 25). We are at this resort/homestay kinda place at my native place (or his, not sure) and we’re wearing our wedding outfits. It’s like I go and change, and when I get back, I see him sleeping on the bed. Later, I see him sleeping on the rocking chair, and I sit next to him but we talk about something.

This is when I wake up in real time, but then I go back to sleep.

The second part is that my crush and I are travelling somewhere in an airplane, but it’s interiors are like an Indian train compartment i.e., it has multiple berths and people, in this case about 10. I have a bag that I keep next to my husband (real life crush) and I go to my friend who is also there. A few moments later, I go to where he is sitting to “get my bag” although I had it with me already.

Some time later, the guys (including my crush) are playing something and they are counting down. Just as the countdown gets to zero, I throw a handful of flower petals at him, and he looks very happy about me smiling.

Throughout the whole two-part dream, his face was very unclear but I could feel it’s him. Now, in real life, we barely speak face-to-face and maybe some small talk on Instagram. This dream has got me all confused about what it means in terms of everything that is happening…

April 28, 2019 at 9:37 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various influences in your life. It is clear that you want to maintain a life long relationship with someone who makes you feel secure and comfortable. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Sharanya!

Sharanya

June 2, 2019 at 8:47 am

Again, over the past month, the only dreams that I remember have my crush in it. It’s very weird that I haven’t really spoken to him as much, but none of my other dreams stick in my head. What does this mean, that I can only remember those dreams that have him in them?

June 2, 2019 at 11:07 am

The subconscious places an out-sized focus on loved ones, crushes and anyone that you care deeply about, so this is probably just a reflection of the feelings you have had for him. Good luck, Sharanya!

Yesterday

April 27, 2019 at 7:47 pm

I had a dream where I invited my crush to my tournament and my bestfriend him and I were just waiting and stirring watching a game and then she kissed him. I ran away crying back home and then she kept trying to find me. What does this mean?

April 28, 2019 at 8:26 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationships. You are aware that your best friend and crush may be friends as well. Determine what you want for your future at this time. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Yesterday!

notme123345

April 29, 2019 at 11:43 am

so basically i don’t remember almost anything from my dream, but lemme tell you what i remember.
        i was running somewhere with my crush, then we were running back , i don’t know where. Then my previous classmate met us in a forest? or something and i woke up. 🤷🏼‍♂️

April 29, 2019 at 9:34 pm

The running in your dream could be a manifestation of your desire to travel or explore. The presence of your crush could be a sign that you want to nourish a relationship with this person. Take this time to determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Notme!

Tracy

April 27, 2019 at 7:08 am

Earlier, I dreamt of my crush, that I went to his house and met his whole family and we bond together. The part of my dream where i really can’t ever forget is when we ran outside their house to go to a lake(i’m not sure) while we ran, i hesitate if i should hold his a hand or not because i used to hold my sibling’s hand while running. But anyways, i ended up holding his hand while running and laughing(which i find it really cute) and until we made it to the lake, he did not let go of his hands and we sat there watching the sunset. So what does this mean?

April 28, 2019 at 3:19 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your strong emotional connection with your crush. It is likely that you want to establish a relationship with someone who makes you feel comfortable and secure. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Spend additional time with him in person, as this will nourish your relationship. Have a great day, Tracy!

Ann

April 26, 2019 at 8:16 am

Hi there Miss Author. I just want to share my dream about my crush. The situation or my dream goes like this.

I was with my bunch of friends and my entire family (uncles and aunties of both father and mother side). In my dream, my friends and family got along very well. They even teasing me on when should I get married and they even open the topic about my long-time crush way back when I was an elementary pupil. And then seconds later, my long-time crush who is now a pilot in my dream walk in the aisle and I’m shock that we are in the airport in my dream. And in a blink of an eye, my crush suddenly kneel down and he even confess his feelings for me and asking if I will marry him. Though my family and friends was very happy on the shocking yet progressing ‘love life’ of mine, they are still doubtful about the proposal my long-time did awhile ago. I didn’t felt offended because I really feel their love for me and they are just very protective to me because I’m too fragile and vulnerable. They had a lot of tests for my fiancée which is my long-term crush to prove that he really deserve me and he is not really joking. He passed the test and the marriage continues. All is happy and just like a bomb, my fiancée confess to me that it was just a big joke. He just want to make his ex-girlfriend got jealous but it didn’t went along with his plans. And as the ever-understanding fella, I understand and forgive him, cancelled our wedding and I take all the hurtful words that my friends and family have thrown me.

My question is, why do I have this kind of dream? I mean I dream of my other crushes just once but this dream is just like a continuation on the previous dreams I had with this long-time crush of mine but it will take years for the continuation. AND, I didn’t think of him everyday. And for the record, he is my crush when I was 9 and now I’m 20, I still feel the same feeling I felt when I was still 9. My feelings for him never fades, maybe it blooms whenever I think of him through the years. But again, I don’t think of him everyday of my life.

I hope you’ll read my comment and help me out. Thank you ahead! More power 💕

April 27, 2019 at 7:42 pm

You and your crush share a long history and strong social relationship. It is likely that your dream is a manifestation of your thoughts regarding your crush. It is clear that your social and familial relationships are important to you. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. This will help draw positive people and energy toward you. If you want to maintain a relationship with your crush, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Ann!

Vivian

April 26, 2019 at 5:11 am

I had a dream where my best friend and her boyfriend and this guy I used to like and me went to go out to eat at like Wendy’s . I was talking about what I was going to order but the guy I used to like gave me the money to buy the food so we can share ( I was really relieved and admired him cause I didn’t have a lot of money in the dream). And then after when we were done they all vanished and I couldn’t find them but i knew they were still in the building

April 27, 2019 at 7:39 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social relationships. The person that you like could have appeared in your dream because something reminded you of him. It is possible that you are interested in maintaining a new relationship. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Vivian!

Ely

April 26, 2019 at 4:28 am

I keep on having this dream where I’m at school and he asks me to be his girlfriend. Idk why this happens can you tell me why? Thx😊

April 27, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with your crush. The reason why this is happening is because he is on your mind. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Ely!

Lana

April 26, 2019 at 12:29 am

I had a dream the other night that my crush messaged me and asked me if I had a crush on him, {we don’t ever message each other in real life} and I asked why he thought that and he said people told him and that he had his suspicions. I panicked and told him that I did then woke up. I went back to sleep but this time I dreamt that he came up to me in person and asked and I said that I liked him. In both dreams I didn’t get to see or hear how he reacted to me liking him but I got a good vibe.

April 27, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Yours dreams are reflections of your social connection with your crush. It is clear that you want to strengthen your relationship and communicate more often. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with your crush about your thoughts and feelings, and nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Lana!

Heartbroken

April 25, 2019 at 5:47 pm

Ok, so I dreamed “ Like 10 minuets ago actually” but I dreamed that me and my bestfriend were walking in the hallway at out school and I see my crush so we just casually stop and stand kinda beside him. Anyway my friends has to leave so it’s just me and him “alone” and so he starts talking to me “asking me for my number or Snapchat” and i gave it to him and then we stared at each others eyes and then we slowly kissed. And now I feel like crying be because I know he doesn’t like me HE BASICALLY TOLD ME! And I like this guy so much but I’m so young and I never thought that I would do this but I’m trying not to like him but it’s not working. But I was thinking about talking to him but he blocked me on Snapchat and I was gonna ask him out in Person to person but I just couldn’t do it so I’m thinking tomorrow.

April 27, 2019 at 6:52 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your relationship with your crush. It is possible that you are uncertain about your crush’s feelings toward you. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with him about what you want for your future. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Spend additional time with him in person, as this will nourish your relationship. Have a great day, Heartbroken!