What Does it Mean When You Dream About Someone?

By on September 22, 2014

Dreams are mysterious. They open a realm of extreme curiosity and oddities that us as humans are always trying to decode. And when you throw certain people and events into the mix, dreams become all that more astonishing and questionable. What are these messages hidden in our dreams trying to tell us, anyways? If you’re wondering what it MIGHT mean when you dream about someone, here’s a few answers:

2b193f051640a0fce35da3d62ae16842

Dreaming About Someone:

Dreaming About Someone

There are many, many reasons why you might be dreaming about someone in particular. What is your subconscious mind trying to tell you? The simplest reason could be that you simply fell asleep while thinking about this certain person. It’s only natural that you thought about them while you fell asleep, and they found their way inside of your sleep pattern. Another simple reason is that you’ve been thinking about this person a lot– maybe even more than you should be. They’ve been on your mind for quite some time throughout the day, so of course they’d be in your thoughts in your subconscious dreams as well.

On the other hand, your dream might not even be about this person. It may be something much deeper. For instance, you might be dreaming about certain qualities this person’s personality: you are going through a stressful period in your life, and this person was a stressful impact in your life. Therefore, you’re dreaming about this stressful individual as a result of what’s going in your life at this moment. Your dream could also represent the relationship you had with someone. For example: maybe you had a very pleasant relationship with this individual, which may occur if you’ve entered into another great relationship with another person or you’re simply at a peaceful time in your life.

Dreaming About Someone You Like:

Dreaming about someone you like

It’s not uncommon to dream about someone you’re interested in. After all, you’re probably thinking about them heavily on and off throughout the day, so of course they’re going to come into the realm of dreams. However, pay close attention to what happens IN the dream. For example: Did they like you back? This means that you are secure in yourself and have confidence. You may even have enough confidence to believe they like you back, which means you’re ready to take the next step towards advancing the two of yours relationship.

On the other hand, if they didn’t like you back, this could be a signal that you are unconfident and believe you will be rejected by this certain someone.

Dreaming About Someone You Love:

Dreaming about someone you love

When you dream about someone you are in love with, it’s important to pay close attention to what happens in your dream. Dreaming about someone you love, more often than not, will show you how deep your love and passion is with this individual. For instance: if you’re dream is nothing but happiness and joy, the two of you hand in hand on a romantic date, then it’s fair to say you have a deep connection with your partner. On the other hand, if there’s lots of fighting and instability, it could be a sign that you’re losing the connection with this certain someone. If you’re dreaming about your partner being with someone else, it could mean that you don’t feel as passionate as you once did with this person. However, although this type of dream is sure to stir up some unhappy emotions, it’s important to remember that it’s just a dream- no matter how vivid it was. Look to find the root of why you dreamt your lover with another person and build from that.

Dreaming About Someone Who Has Passed:

Dreaming about someone who has passed

These dreams could either represent something very positive, or something negative. It all depends on what happened in the dream. For starters, a deceased person whom you were close to may visit you in a dream to offer you some comfort and closure. Did you have an issue with this person before they died? Maybe that issue was resolved at some point during your dream. Are you going through a rough patch in your life? Maybe this person has returned to give you some great comfort and give you some guidance on what you should do next.

There are some spiritual theories that suggest some deceased individuals will return to disclose the location and reason of their death to those closest to them. For example: was this individual found dead but the killer was never found? They may disclose to you who did it. Was their body never found? They may tell you where the body was hidden. Depending on circumstances, it might be an insight that needs to be followed up with authorities.

Dreaming About Someone in a Sexual Way:

Dreaming about someone in a sexual way

This type of dream, otherwise known to some individuals as “wet dreams” have an obvious reason: the individual is turned on to a certain extent and needs an outlet for their passions and desires. Now, it’s important to know that having a sexual dream about someone in particular doesn’t always mean you’re attracted to or even want to engage in that behavior with said person. It’s simply a way for sexual emotions to be outpoured and the person may vary. For example: just because you had a sexual dream involving your boss, doesn’t mean you’re sexually attracted or interested in him. You’ve been around him all day long, so of course he’s on your mind to a certain extent. Your subconscious paired the two and left you with such a dream. (But of course, if you’re dreaming about someone you’re interested in it could very well mean that you’re attracted to them and fulfilling your passion and relieving sexual tension through a dream).

Dreaming About Someone Famous:

Dreaming about someone famous

There’s a couple of reasons why you might have a dream involving someone famous. The first most common interpretation is that you wish to better yourself or do what this individual is doing. For example: if you’re dreaming about a football star on your favorite team, you might want to become a football player and try to make your way to the top (or simply play for fun). On the other hand, dreaming about someone famous is also a way for us to get over disappointments in our lives: something big happened that let you down, but dreaming about this famous somebody who’s done something amazing gives us hope and happiness for the future.

Other Reasons You Might Dream About Someone

Other Reasons You Might Dream About Someone

Sometimes when you dream about someone- no matter who it is- it has absolutely no correlation to the actually individual. Sometimes these people are there to symbolize things you’re feeling or things that are going on in your life. Sometimes these dreams are meant to help you see through problems, get over a bad experience, or bring you hope and joy. Never read too deep into the actual person- pay more attention to what is going on in the dream and how the dream made you felt. As we all know, dreams can be incredibly real sometimes- and sometimes that’s exactly what we need to see through situations or feeling in our current lives.

What’s the craziest, weirdest, or most wonderful dream you’ve had involving a certain someone? What do you think the dream meant, and how did it make you feel?

Angela

July 13, 2019 at 12:45 pm

My grandma dreamed that they were on a street and she was calling my sister to come back.But my sister didn’t turn around,she just continued walking.(she has 18 years) What does that mean ?

July 14, 2019 at 9:37 pm

You are aware of the relationship that your grandmother and sister share. You may have watched or heard of a recent discussion between the two of them, and this may have appeared in your dream. Nourish your relationships with each of them by spending additional time with them in person. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Angela!

Ann

September 2, 2019 at 7:43 am

I had a dream this guy who liked me was helping me when I fell down. Then after my dream turned to me talking to this guy I liked. But he didn’t help me like the guy who liked me. Please help me find out what this means!!!

September 2, 2019 at 9:24 pm

This dream may be an indication of various social relationships that you have in your life. There may be someone in your life who is supportive of you, but you are not interested in maintaining a relationship with. The person that you like may be someone that you are interested in. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and take appropriate action. Have a great day, Ann!

Ueiskdnrh

July 12, 2019 at 4:29 am

I had a dream that my crush and his freind were tryna steal candy from a shop and I tried to help them. Also I tried coming near my crush so our shoulders would touch while his friend is explaining what to do. I patched my friends for my crush also.

July 12, 2019 at 5:08 pm

This dream may be a reflection of your social desires and relationships. You are aware that stealing is unacceptable, so your behaviors may be related to peer pressure. This may be a sign that influences in your life may be influencing you in this manner. Allow the negative aspects of this dream to fade. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will bring you many benefits in the future. Have a great day, Ueiskdnrh!

Jsjwjwi

July 12, 2019 at 4:28 am

I had a dream that one of my freind nearly asked my crush out until the dream ended. I got very jealous and protective. Also everywhere I went In the dream he was right beside me and our shoulders were touching.

July 12, 2019 at 8:49 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your knowledge that the people in your life develop and maintain social relationships. You may be aware of your friend’s feeling regarding your crush. It is possible that you are thinking about the social relationships that you currently maintain and that you want to develop. Make a decision about what you want for your future, and take appropriate action. Nourish your relationship with your crush by spending additional time together in person. Have a great day, Anon!

jessi

July 1, 2019 at 12:10 am

Hello people,
    I hope you are well and great
    I’m researching the Dream interpretation web site. And I’m going to see your site. Thank you for providing the best interpretater
    Keep up the great work, it’s hard to find good ones. I added to my favorites.
    Thank you very much.

July 2, 2019 at 1:29 pm

Thank you for sharing your positive and supportive comment. We always appreciate when members of our community share their thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Jessi!

Erika

June 29, 2019 at 3:40 pm

I dreamed about my ex-lover. A lesbian partner. We were so sweet in the dream. Feels like we were together again. She kisses me like the way she did before. I am pretty sure that I still love her but she already have someone in her life now. It’s been four years now when we got separated. What does that mean?

June 30, 2019 at 11:27 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship with her. It is possible that she has many qualities that you value in a partner. She may simply be a reflection of your previous connection, or she may be thinking about you. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Erika!

Amanda

June 28, 2019 at 5:44 pm

I had this dream where this person, who we will call “Bryan”, and I like each other but don’t know it. Friends around us knew that we liked each other but “Bryan” and I had no clue. We continued to hang out and watch TV and I put my head on his shoulder and softly grabbed his arm.

I do know “Bryan” in real life but he was interested in someone else and so was I. I have never liked “Bryan” romantically.

I don’t know if this means that I’m in love with him/someone or that I finally love myself and I’m ready to love someone else. I’m really confused as to what this dream means.

June 28, 2019 at 11:22 pm

It is possible that this person in your dream is a reflection of someone else in your life. You may not be interested in maintaining a relationship with him, and he may simply have been a placeholder in your dream. Of course, it is possible that you are developing feelings for this person. Make a decision about what you want for your future and take appropriate action. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Amanda!

Amanda

June 28, 2019 at 11:25 am

I had this dream where this person, who we will call “Bryan”, and I like each other but don’t know it. Friends around us knew that we liked each other but “Bryan” and I had no clue. We continued to hang out and I put my head on his shoulder and grabbed his arm softly.

I don’t know if this means that I’m in love or that I finally love myself and I’m ready to love someone else. I’m really confused as to what this dream means.

June 28, 2019 at 10:59 pm

Melissa

June 26, 2019 at 3:26 pm

Someone I have a deep connection with (the connection is mutual and freaking us out) dreamed we had sex and then it flashed forward to us having a child but he could feel our connection in the dream like it was in person. What does that mean?

June 26, 2019 at 8:27 pm

Your dream is a reflection of the strength of your shared connection. It is likely that the two of you are sexually attracted to each other. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with each other in person. Have a great day, Melissa!

Adam

June 25, 2019 at 9:10 am

I had a dream that I was o N a date with this girl we were out at the frozen yogurt place as we are ordering one of here friends come up and start to teas me after us heading out the door to enjoy our frozen yogurt I woke up

June 26, 2019 at 10:57 am

Dreams about dates are often indications of your thoughts regarding your relationships. It is possible that you are interested in maintaining a new relationship at this time. The person who appeared in your dream may be a reflection of someone in your life. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship, and speak with that person about your thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, Adam!

Destiney

June 20, 2019 at 1:19 pm

What does it mean when you dream about an ex best friend and the dream is you losing them and you finding them again and talking about things that have happened in youre lives

June 20, 2019 at 4:11 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your previous interactions. You used to share a strong emotional relationship with this person, and now you do not. Something in your life may have caused this dream to fade. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Destiney!

Radha

June 15, 2019 at 4:36 am

I saw a dream about a boy (once) to whom I know , but I sure he doesn’t even know me . He is singer and a dancer .
    I just saw his face and we both were laughing .
    What does this means.

June 15, 2019 at 2:18 pm

It may mean that you want to relax and have some fun with someone as a friend or even something more. You may be missing this easy, relaxed relationship in your waking life, so your subconscious mind gave you a friend/boyfriend to play that role.

Mari

June 10, 2019 at 10:56 pm

What does it mean if you have a dream about your dream guy and it feels so real?

June 11, 2019 at 12:07 am

This dream could be a reflection of your social and emotional desires. It is possible that the person who appeared in your dream may be an amalgamation of various people in your life. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Mari!

Chocolatemilk

June 9, 2019 at 7:47 pm

I dreamed about my highschool friend and whenever i dream about him he always shows up in my notification its either he chatted me or he liked my pictures. I just find it weird because i was never thinking of him. But frequently he shows up on my dreams

June 9, 2019 at 10:52 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social relationship with your friend. It is possible that he is interested in you as well. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Chocolate!

Britney

June 8, 2019 at 10:41 pm

So i am in love with this guy in real life and he has shown interest on me then he stop and well he has this bro and from all the dreams i have dreamed about the guy i love the bro is always there and the bro like trys to interact with me and get with me and even hold hands with me and on the other hand the boy i love ignores me what does this mean?

June 9, 2019 at 8:28 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your relationship with the person that you love and his friend. This dream is not a sign that you want to develop a romantic relationship with your partner’s friend. Nourish your relationship by spending additional time with your partner in person. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Britney!

Lisa

July 7, 2019 at 12:52 am

I dreamt that..I loved person go away by bicycle and he didn’t Knew I’m there near him

July 8, 2019 at 2:15 pm

The bicycle is a reflection of transportation. It is possible that someone in your life that you felt a strong connection with has gone away from you in your waking life. If there is someone in your life that you want to maintain a relationship with, then speak with that person about your thoughts and feelings. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Lisa!

clueless

June 7, 2019 at 8:40 am

i had a weird dream about this really cute blonde and he was in love with me. i loved him too, but i kept acting like i didn’t.. whenever he tried to kiss me, i’d pull my head away from him. when he’d hug me from behind, i’d get mad.. what the heck does this mean?

June 8, 2019 at 12:33 am

Your dream may be a reflection of your social and emotional desires. It is possible that you are interested in maintaining a relationship with someone in your life. This person may be an amalgamation of various qualities that you find attractive in a partner. Your desire to pull away from him may be an indication that you are uncertain about who in your life you are interested in. you will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will bring you many benefits in the future. Have a great day, Clueless!

Denise

June 5, 2019 at 6:02 am

I had a dream that one of my old high school teachers invited me to their house to “chat” and we walked up all the way to the top of the building to his apartment door which was alone at the top of the complex and when we got inside he told me to take of my shoes and sit down and he went to get some lotion and then a lady came out the room that i saw earlier that day in the dream and earlier in the dream she was telling me about her husband and how she thinks he doesn’t want he anymore blaze blaze and i was like oh my good heyy so yeah what does this mean ?

June 5, 2019 at 10:45 pm

Your dream is a reflection of various emotional and social influences in your life. It is possible that you feel an attraction to this old teacher. The stranger could have appeared because of you saw her earlier in the day. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times. This will help draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Denise!

Race kid

May 29, 2019 at 9:16 pm

I had a dream about one of my class mate(girl).I never used to speak much with her. Now I’ve changed the college & it’s been 2 years. I got a dream about her that I’m in a relationship with her,a deep one .I never even think about her any time . After so long I remembered her & because of this dream. I don’t understand what this means

May 30, 2019 at 8:28 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. Since you are in college and time has passed, it is likely that something in your life caused you to remember this person and have this dream. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship. If you feel that it would be appropriate to speak with her about your thoughts and feelings, then reach out to her. Have a great day, Race!

Bianca

May 27, 2019 at 7:17 am

So, as a young woman, I do have a celebrity crush on someone. However, I get occasional dreams of this celebrity being mean to me.

Sometimes, in the dream, we could know each other personally or he would be of celebrity status, but he would be rude to me. And honestly, I wake up hurt every time it happens. I assume it could mean I feel some sort of insecurity about myself but it would be nice to have an actual explanation for this! It drives me insane.

May 27, 2019 at 9:42 pm

Your understanding of your dream is likely correct. You appreciate the work of this celebrity, though you may have some insecurities that you are dealing with. Ensure that this dream guides you in a positive direction. Share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will draw positive people and energy toward you. Have a great day, Bianca!

Pranav

May 20, 2019 at 6:30 pm

i have this dream about a girl i loved..idk i love her currently or not..but the issue is… it’s been months..she stopped talking..and after a few weeks I’m having her dreams… emotions in those dreams are soo strong!! i believe they are real… dreams showcasing she is sorry for what she did.. she’s accepting me with the same feelings that i have..and when i wake up.. that’s the worst part… I’m disappointed.. I’ve to calm myself down for about 60 minutes so i could get up to my routine…i tried contacting her but she isn’t interested…idk..i don’t want my mornings in disappointments… please help me!!

May 21, 2019 at 12:46 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. You have attempted to contact her, and you shared your thoughts and feelings with her. She informed you that she is not interested in nourishing a relationship with you. Make a decision about what you want for your future without her. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Pranav!

Monica Sheets

July 7, 2019 at 4:53 am

Its your subconscious trying to tell you that she was wrong in what she did in the relationship and you want her to admit it and ask you for forgiveness and if she were to do that you would take her back!

July 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm

Thank you for sharing your insights and experiences. It is certain that your comments will support other members of our community in the future. Please share more of your positive comments. Have a great day, Monica!

Helene

May 18, 2019 at 9:40 pm

I had a recent dream of a guy I used to be involved with romantically. It was a very special relationship and it was great fun. He had a great personality and I had a lot of respect for him as a person. He would have liked to marry me but I felt it was time to end the relationship since I didn’t feel he was mature enough for me. We were both sad about ending the relationship. In the dream I went to his home, which is in another state. The door was unlocked and I opened it and walked in unannounced. The feeling I had of entering the home was that I felt freedom to be there and to enter without knocking. But the most prominent feeling I had about the dream was that I needed a place to stay. I was there because I was in need. I wasn’t worried or upset. I was calm but I needed to be there. Also in the dream I saw him from a distance, in an adjoining room. I saw him from the side and he wasn’t aware of me. He seemed to be in his own world. There was also the sense that he wasn’t married, although I heard that he was years ago. But he was alone in the house and there was a sense he was not married. I was puzzled by the dream because I don’t think of him or have a desire to be with him. The most prominent feeling I had about the dream is that it may have been to show me I still needed to disconnect from him spiritually. I prayed a prayer the night of the dream to do that. I really feel the dream was about me and that seeing him in the dream was not about the present but about the past for me.

May 19, 2019 at 7:31 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your strong social and emotional connection that you shared with this person. It is possible that he has been thinking about you as well. If both of you are single, then reach out to him, and speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Helene!

Nayna

June 20, 2019 at 11:07 am

I had this dream that I was in jungle with people I do not remember well but it was like we was wearing uniforms, then black panther and lions appeared, everybody started to run and I hide myself in like tent,but after that those animals they found me and other people we started to run towards a small mountain where by the people who was already climb give hands to help others who were not to climb as well,but nobody help me out,and I was tried my best but I didn’t ask for their help but in my mind I was asking myself why are they not helping me.sorry my English is not good

June 20, 2019 at 4:02 pm

Panthers are often manifestations of mysterious social relationships. Lions are reflections of strong social or familial relationships. It seems as though this dream is an indication that you are navigating the various relationships in your life. Make a decision about what you want for the future of this relationship, and take whichever action you feel is appropriate. Have a great day, Nayna!