What Does it Mean When You Dream About Someone?

By on September 22, 2014

Dreams are mysterious. They open a realm of extreme curiosity and oddities that us as humans are always trying to decode. And when you throw certain people and events into the mix, dreams become all that more astonishing and questionable. What are these messages hidden in our dreams trying to tell us, anyways? If you’re wondering what it MIGHT mean when you dream about someone, here’s a few answers:

2b193f051640a0fce35da3d62ae16842

Dreaming About Someone:

Dreaming About Someone

There are many, many reasons why you might be dreaming about someone in particular. What is your subconscious mind trying to tell you? The simplest reason could be that you simply fell asleep while thinking about this certain person. It’s only natural that you thought about them while you fell asleep, and they found their way inside of your sleep pattern. Another simple reason is that you’ve been thinking about this person a lot– maybe even more than you should be. They’ve been on your mind for quite some time throughout the day, so of course they’d be in your thoughts in your subconscious dreams as well.

On the other hand, your dream might not even be about this person. It may be something much deeper. For instance, you might be dreaming about certain qualities this person’s personality: you are going through a stressful period in your life, and this person was a stressful impact in your life. Therefore, you’re dreaming about this stressful individual as a result of what’s going in your life at this moment. Your dream could also represent the relationship you had with someone. For example: maybe you had a very pleasant relationship with this individual, which may occur if you’ve entered into another great relationship with another person or you’re simply at a peaceful time in your life.

Dreaming About Someone You Like:

Dreaming about someone you like

It’s not uncommon to dream about someone you’re interested in. After all, you’re probably thinking about them heavily on and off throughout the day, so of course they’re going to come into the realm of dreams. However, pay close attention to what happens IN the dream. For example: Did they like you back? This means that you are secure in yourself and have confidence. You may even have enough confidence to believe they like you back, which means you’re ready to take the next step towards advancing the two of yours relationship.

On the other hand, if they didn’t like you back, this could be a signal that you are unconfident and believe you will be rejected by this certain someone.

Dreaming About Someone You Love:

Dreaming about someone you love

When you dream about someone you are in love with, it’s important to pay close attention to what happens in your dream. Dreaming about someone you love, more often than not, will show you how deep your love and passion is with this individual. For instance: if you’re dream is nothing but happiness and joy, the two of you hand in hand on a romantic date, then it’s fair to say you have a deep connection with your partner. On the other hand, if there’s lots of fighting and instability, it could be a sign that you’re losing the connection with this certain someone. If you’re dreaming about your partner being with someone else, it could mean that you don’t feel as passionate as you once did with this person. However, although this type of dream is sure to stir up some unhappy emotions, it’s important to remember that it’s just a dream- no matter how vivid it was. Look to find the root of why you dreamt your lover with another person and build from that.

Dreaming About Someone Who Has Passed:

Dreaming about someone who has passed

These dreams could either represent something very positive, or something negative. It all depends on what happened in the dream. For starters, a deceased person whom you were close to may visit you in a dream to offer you some comfort and closure. Did you have an issue with this person before they died? Maybe that issue was resolved at some point during your dream. Are you going through a rough patch in your life? Maybe this person has returned to give you some great comfort and give you some guidance on what you should do next.

There are some spiritual theories that suggest some deceased individuals will return to disclose the location and reason of their death to those closest to them. For example: was this individual found dead but the killer was never found? They may disclose to you who did it. Was their body never found? They may tell you where the body was hidden. Depending on circumstances, it might be an insight that needs to be followed up with authorities.

Dreaming About Someone in a Sexual Way:

Dreaming about someone in a sexual way

This type of dream, otherwise known to some individuals as “wet dreams” have an obvious reason: the individual is turned on to a certain extent and needs an outlet for their passions and desires. Now, it’s important to know that having a sexual dream about someone in particular doesn’t always mean you’re attracted to or even want to engage in that behavior with said person. It’s simply a way for sexual emotions to be outpoured and the person may vary. For example: just because you had a sexual dream involving your boss, doesn’t mean you’re sexually attracted or interested in him. You’ve been around him all day long, so of course he’s on your mind to a certain extent. Your subconscious paired the two and left you with such a dream. (But of course, if you’re dreaming about someone you’re interested in it could very well mean that you’re attracted to them and fulfilling your passion and relieving sexual tension through a dream).

Dreaming About Someone Famous:

Dreaming about someone famous

There’s a couple of reasons why you might have a dream involving someone famous. The first most common interpretation is that you wish to better yourself or do what this individual is doing. For example: if you’re dreaming about a football star on your favorite team, you might want to become a football player and try to make your way to the top (or simply play for fun). On the other hand, dreaming about someone famous is also a way for us to get over disappointments in our lives: something big happened that let you down, but dreaming about this famous somebody who’s done something amazing gives us hope and happiness for the future.

Other Reasons You Might Dream About Someone

Other Reasons You Might Dream About Someone

Sometimes when you dream about someone- no matter who it is- it has absolutely no correlation to the actually individual. Sometimes these people are there to symbolize things you’re feeling or things that are going on in your life. Sometimes these dreams are meant to help you see through problems, get over a bad experience, or bring you hope and joy. Never read too deep into the actual person- pay more attention to what is going on in the dream and how the dream made you felt. As we all know, dreams can be incredibly real sometimes- and sometimes that’s exactly what we need to see through situations or feeling in our current lives.

What’s the craziest, weirdest, or most wonderful dream you’ve had involving a certain someone? What do you think the dream meant, and how did it make you feel?

W. Sullivan

April 11, 2019 at 9:52 am

There this girl confessing her dreams to me lately. She said, she was waiting for me on the side of the road to pick her up. She waited for hours for me. Good thing i made it and she said we traveled a lot and went to a specific place. I know there is something more in her dream but she never discloses it. What is the meaning of her dreams? Is she trying to tell me something? I’m confused right now. Oh by the way we are very close to each other in real life.

April 11, 2019 at 6:50 pm

This person’s dreams are manifestations of her thoughts that are related to you. There may be more thoughts and feelings that have caused these dreams to appear. She has decided to inform you that she has been dreaming about you. This may mean that she is interested in nourishing your relationship. Speak with her about your thoughts and feelings. Spend additional time with her in person to strengthen this relationship. Have a great day, W!

W. Sullivan

April 13, 2019 at 11:37 am

Hello again! I think i finally found the answers. We talked and analyze our dreams and it’s meaning. I also told her that i dreamt of her before but not as good as her dreams. In my dreams we are completely strangers. The way i see it, we have some sort of connection because we see each other in the dream. Also i think it’s my fault why her dream occured that way. Because in real life i always told her that i’ll visit her soon. But due to other problems i never got the chance to get there. I think that is why she also waits for me in her dream. Makes sense right?

But one thing for sure that her dreams are clear as day. I asked her if she wants her dream to become a reality. She said yes and immediately sets the date. We are planning that one right now and i think she is pretty excited about our trip. 🙂 Thanks again for your help and more power to your site!

April 13, 2019 at 7:00 pm

It sounds as though the two of you have made a decision about your future. It seems as though this person is someone that you want to nourish a relationship with. Ensure that your dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. This will bring you many benefits in the future, and help to draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, W!

W. Sullivan

July 6, 2019 at 9:54 am

Hi! It’s me again. I had this dream of her again lately and it’s different.
            We were walking together some place not familiar and we were not talking or anything. Then all of a sudden she quickly hugs me from the side while walking. After that i tried to whisper to her ears but she made no response. I tried to break free of her hands wrapping around me but she wouldn’t let go. I checked her and to my surprise she was sleeping in my chest with a smile on her face. We walked together till the end of the road.

I woke from that day very confused. What is the meaning of holding someone and wouldn’t let go? We already sharing dreams lately to each other and i don’t know if i should tell this one to her. Should i tell her?

July 8, 2019 at 12:52 pm

These dreams are indications of the strength of your relationship. It is certainly possible that she is dreaming about you as well. If you feel that it would be appropriate to speak with her about your thoughts and feelings, then do so. If you make the decision to reach out to her, then be mindful of her reactions to your statements. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, W!

W. Sullivan

July 10, 2019 at 9:06 pm

Once we see each other again we will talk about my dreams. Maybe mutual dreaming really occurs when two people have a real strong connection in real life. I’ll update you again if something interesting comes up. Thanks again and your reply is very helpful. More power again!

July 11, 2019 at 3:26 pm

Thank you for sharing your insights and experiences. We look forward to hearing more of your supportive comments. We always appreciate when members of our community share their thoughts and feelings. Have a great day, W!

Elaine

April 10, 2019 at 5:23 am

I recently met a man and have been connecting with him over the phone. We talk and laugh for hours a few nights a week. He’s 14 years older than me, and I’m havung issue with that. I don’t want to like him but I do. Every few nights I dream abt him, but the dreams are usually negative. One dream he was pressuring me to be intimidate, and in another dream we wound up kissing but he was awful at it. On the phone we Never talk about a relationship or anything to do w intimacy so why am I dreaming of him in that light?

April 10, 2019 at 11:01 pm

Your relationship is growing and changing. If you are both adults, then there is no reason to be concerned regarding the age differences between the two of you. Your dreams could be manifestations of the the media that you watch. Abstain from consuming violent and dramatic media. If you are interested in nourishing this relationship, then attempt to spend time with him in person. Have a great day, Elaine!

Ehsjdb

April 7, 2019 at 11:13 am

I had a dream that my crush been staring at me

April 8, 2019 at 10:13 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. It is possible that the dream is a manifestation of your knowledge of his feelings. Determine what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Anon!

Jeanne

March 31, 2019 at 5:03 am

My ex and i just broke up about 2 months ago. I had a dream that he was talking to someone else but told her that he was stuck on his ex (me). In the dream they kissed and of course i felt some type of way, because i still want him. We were trying to get back together. We did talk otp yesterday and he said there was a person he was kinda feeling but hes stuck on me. So i dont know if i transferred that to my dream or if it really does mean something.

March 31, 2019 at 11:54 pm

Your dreams are related to your thoughts and feelings regarding your social and emotional relationships. You are aware that your ex is likely interested in maintaining a new relationship with someone else, as the two of you are no longer together. Allow thoughts of your ex to fade. Determine what you want for your future without him. Share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Jeanne!

Mariya

March 28, 2019 at 2:43 pm

I’ve had a dream about a guy,and he is really connected to my life(he plays piano when I have a concert),let’s get this clear he is around 10 years older than me. I am not in love with himI just think he is really attractive. And in that dream I was in my studio when he came in and we started to talk. He was constantly smiling at me and we went out for a coffee. What would that mean in real life.

March 28, 2019 at 11:55 pm

You are attracted this person, and your dream could be a reflection of your emotional desires. This could be a manifestation of your desire to nourish this relationship. Make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Mariya!

Adrian

March 27, 2019 at 4:54 am

There’s a guy a like and from the what I remember he appeared in two of my dreams, only one I can actually remember.Him and I do not go to school together, we have met and seen each other through an activity/”club” at school. In the dream I can remember, we went to the same school together. It started out in the middle school (No idea why) room. He looked like he was lonely sitting by himself, so once I was done doing whatever I had been previously doing, I came up behind him (he was leaning back in a chair) and slid my arms around his neck and my hands slid onto his chest. He looked up at me, knowing exactly who it was, and smiled. I don’t remember what he said. I removed my arms and sat next to him until it was time to go to what seemed like a pep rally. I followed behind him, and a few friends, only to get separated and faint. They realize I’m missing and come to help me. After I was picked up, I woke up, confused to why he’s been in my dreams.

March 27, 2019 at 11:45 pm

The appearance of this person in your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationships. Your repetitive dreams of this person may be a sign that you should reach out to him. Your interactions seemed positive, so ensure that you determine what you want for your future. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Adrian!

P

April 6, 2019 at 4:34 am

Hi
        I have had a few dreams about a person whom I know in real and am attracted towards. We both are divorced but he is 3 years younger to me and I feel he does have some emotion towards me which is like care but I am not sure if it’s more than that. In my dreams I talked to him that I want to get married again and he asked me that why don’t I consider him! He asks me to meet and know him better. In another dream I met him outside an animal shelter with food for animals in my hand. I ask him to take that food and feed the animals on my behalf as I am getting late. He agrees happily and when I transfer the food to his basket there are lots of beautiful white jasmine flower buds being transferred from my basket to his and I m surprised as to where they came from! I am certain of my feelings of attraction towards him but I don’t think he can have serious feelings for me and that he just cares on a human level. Do these dream indicate anything about how he feels or are they just telling me how I want him to behave towards me?

April 6, 2019 at 6:04 pm

Your dream was a reflection of your social and emotional connection with this person. It is possible that he is interested in nourishing a relationship with you. It is possible that your dream is a sign of your knowledge of his behaviors. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, P!

Vic

March 24, 2019 at 8:25 am

I had a dream about someone especial my childhood friend.He appears in my dream,waiting for me even if I ignores him a lot.UNTIL one day,he got a chance to talk to me.He just hug me and tell me that he has 8 days off.He tells me that his new years resolution gaining weight had come true and hr tells me that seeing me on that day means happiness to him.

March 26, 2019 at 1:18 am

Your dream may be a reflection of your social and emotional desires. It is possible that something reminded you of this person. If you want to reach out to this person from your past, then do so. It is always beneficial to share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Vic!

Jai

March 22, 2019 at 9:10 am

I had a dream about my former manager. It was weird. I was walking in a store and I saw a picture of him on a ad advertising shampoo then when I went to the counter to checkout he was behind the counter. He said hi first then I spoke but it was the most awkward hello ever. What does this mean?

March 23, 2019 at 1:20 am

Your dream is a manifestation of your previous relationship with your manager. It is possible that you are interested in nourishing a relationship with someone in your life. It is possible that he is a reflection of someone else in your life. Something in your life may have reminded you of him, and that may be why he appeared in your dream. Determine what you want for your future at this time. If you want to reach out to him, then do so. Ensure that you share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life. Have a great day, Jai!

Solvi

March 21, 2019 at 12:22 am

I keep dreaming about my first love at school.
    Its been so long already. Ut he keeps visiting me and I get attached to him. It seems I forget my present totally in my dreams and keep chasing him and loving him. I want this to end

March 22, 2019 at 12:16 am

Your dream is a reflection of your previous emotional and social relationship with this person. If the two of you are spending time with each other in person, then it is certainly possible that he has feelings for you as well. If he is no longer in your life, then determine what is appropriate for your future. Ensure that this dream guides you to share your kindness and compassion at all times, as this will help to draw positive people and energy into your life. Have a great day, Solvi!

venesa

March 15, 2019 at 11:51 am

I have a dream about my crushes
    Sometimes i see that we are doing romantic talk and sometimes a friendly talks.

March 16, 2019 at 11:12 pm

Your dreams are indications of your social and emotional desires. If you have multiple crushes, then make a decision about what you want for your future. Speak with one person about your thoughts and feelings. You may also nourish that relationship by spending additional time with that person alone. If that relationship is not viable and you want to attempt to maintain a relationship with someone else, then speak with that person as well. Have a great day, Venesa!

Kylie

March 13, 2019 at 10:32 pm

I had a dream about a boy I always see in the hall ways at school we make eye contact all the time I know who he is and he probably knows who I am to but I’ve never even talked to him before and in the dream it was like I loved him and would do anything for him but I don’t even know him so why would I have such a random dream like that? Ive never thought about him until now

March 14, 2019 at 7:56 pm

The two of you share eye contact frequently. This social connection may be the reason for this dream. Determine what you want for your future and what you want with this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, if you feel that it is appropriate to do so. You will find great benefit in sharing your kindness and compassion at all times. Have a great day, Kylie!

Ruby

March 3, 2019 at 9:23 pm

I always have dreams about my crushes. We’re either really good friends or in a relationship. What does this mean??

March 4, 2019 at 8:44 am

It means that you like them and want to be with them. When you are in a relationship or physically intimate with a crush in your dream, it often shows that you feel hopeful in your real life that your crush could like you back. When you are just a friend in the dream, it generally means that you like being around them and want to be with them, but aren’t yet confident about how they feel. Either way, the dream only reflects your own subconscious. The only way for your dreams to show how your crush feels is if you already know or guess how they feel in your real life. Best of luck, Ruby!

Elle

March 1, 2019 at 7:16 pm

I had a dream about a certain someone and I dreamed about him 2 times already. I just don’t understand why because I don’t think about him as my crush or what. For me he’s just a normal person but why did I dream about him? So weird.

March 2, 2019 at 8:42 pm

Your dreams could be reflections of your social and emotional desires. He may be a placeholder for someone that you want to maintain a relationship with. It is possible that your feelings for him are growing. His behaviors may be indications that he has feelings for you, and this knowledge may be appearing in your dreams. Determine what you want for your future. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Elle!

hannah

February 24, 2019 at 6:53 am

In my dream, my crush killed a bird… any reason i might dream that😭

February 24, 2019 at 2:59 pm

There may be many reasons for this dream. His presence is a sign that you have been thinking about nourishing a relationship with him. Birds are often representations of freedom, and developing a relationship with someone will restrict which behaviors are available for you to take. Determine what you want for the future of this relationship. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Hannah!

Maria

February 23, 2019 at 9:25 pm

I had a dream about my ex boyfriend,he didn’t want to kiss me.He broke up with me a month ago and he didn’t want to be even a friend of mine.

February 23, 2019 at 10:38 pm

This dream is a reflection of your previous emotional relationship. Since he broke up with you, you will find great benefit in allowing thoughts of him to fade. Determine what you want for your future without him. Share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will draw positive people and energy toward you. Have a great day, Maria!

Caitlin

February 21, 2019 at 3:35 am

I had a dream that I was talking to a guy friend drone work. We was standing next to his old truck. I flirted and he flirted back.

February 21, 2019 at 7:41 pm

This dream is a reflection of your social and emotional desires. It is possible that he is interested in you as well. Allow this dream to influence you to nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Speak with him about your thoughts and feelings, and give him an opportunity to share himself with you as well. Have a great day, Caitlin!

Doofinshzmertz

February 17, 2019 at 11:04 pm

I dreamed about a person whom I rejected in a very rude manner. That person seemed hurt. In real life, that person is a classmate whom I have once talked to. Really friendly person, always tries to talk to me.

February 18, 2019 at 8:18 pm

This dream is a reflection of your behaviors. If you treated this person poorly in your waking life, then your dream is a manifestation of your regrets and feelings. You should allow this dream to influence you to behave in a positive manner. Share your kindness and compassion with everyone in your life, as this will bring you many benefits in the future. Have a great day, Doof!

Debbyobuh

February 15, 2019 at 4:22 pm

I do have dream of someone, i would love to end up with in future because i love the person alot .Although he said that he loves me too but sometimes i feel like he does not.

February 15, 2019 at 11:42 pm

Your dreams are reflections of your influences and desires. Since you are interested in developing a relationship with this person, it is normal that you would have these dreams. You have spoken with him about your thoughts and feelings, and he has informed you that he loves you as well. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Debbyobuh!

Jo

February 15, 2019 at 3:00 am

I keep dreaming about a guy that I used to be good friends with. In the dream I am always super excited to see him (like I haven’t seen him in a long time), I get buterflies and then in the dream were flirting and getting on etc but in the dream I’ve got a partner and so has he. In the dream we have to be careful about what we say and the way we act. It’s all very secretive. What does it mean?

February 15, 2019 at 11:29 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional connection with him. Each of you are currently in relationships. It is possible that the secrecy in your dream is a manifestation of that knowledge. Do not attempt to maintain a romantic relationship with him at this time. If the two of you become single, then speak with him about your thoughts and feelings. For now, nourish your relationship with your partner by spending additional time together. Have a great day, Jo!

Annabella

February 9, 2019 at 8:13 am

I had a dream about this one guy and in it we laughed , smiled , and talked but I liked him and I know him I talk to him in school the thing is in the dream we were at the movies and then he started to put his arm around my shoulder and kissed me on the forehead but we were not a thing ever because we are good friends.In real life what dose this mean?

February 11, 2019 at 12:17 pm

Your dream is a reflection of your social and emotional relationship that you share with this person. It is possible that you are interested in developing a romantic relationship with him. He may want to spend time with you as well. Determine what you want for your future. Nourish this relationship by spending additional time with him in person. Have a great day, Annabella!